Remove "zerker" & "meta" Subject Post

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Eirdyne.9843

Eirdyne.9843

Hi,

I don’t mind doing the dungeons that are around, but I’d like to do them more than one way.

Here’s a fix.

Remove subject words like: OS, Meta, Metazerker, Zerker, Berzerker, Berserker, and etc from being possible to post in the group advertisement listing.

Words that would be allowable: Guard, Thief, Necro, and etc.. ie only class names. This way we can actually play the game.

You built this game so we could play different variations of the classes. Why reward players for breaking your game?

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Im assuming this is a joke post.

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

Well now, this is a new take on anti-meta posts. Same answer though: no.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

Good thing this is not the first time you make dumb posts here
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Stop-Players-from-Dungeon-Exclusions/first

Also, do you really think removing the word zerk will work?
people will just advertise their party as “p1 link power/precision/ferocity gear on join”

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Great idea OP. But why stop there?

Let’s remove the words “war,” “hunger,” and “poverty” from all dictionaries also. I think you’ve solved all the worlds problems!

Also,

War is peace,
Freedom is slavery, and
Ignorance is strength.

(don’t forget 2+2=5)

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

The suggestion itself is stupid OP but I do agree with you about how annoying it is to read all the ads with the same words.

My solution: ignore them.

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Miku is right – but sadly the community forgets to do it in practice.

Let’s take a look at an example : Nemesis ( that meta-hating necromancer who keeps posting around here) – why do people respond to him?

If it’s a nemesis post do not reply to it – let it die and move on.

By not giving these people attention or the time of day you’re hurting them the most.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: Fingolfin.7451

Fingolfin.7451

rekreZ meta new meta

Posted by: Card.9704

Card.9704

I post my lfg’s how I want though?

Posted by: pananabasta.3294

pananabasta.3294

I came into this thread expecting a proposal about removing all “zerker” and “meta” subject post from the Fractal & Dungeons forum, but instead I got this.

I would have stood behind the removal of all threads with “zerker” and “meta” as subject, so that useless threads such as this can be a thing of the past.

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

I think I will now advertise all pug runs as, " MinLuv now recruiting".

Posted by: Pride.1734

Pride.1734

Well while i don’t agree with this idea at all (coz let ppl play how they want), I would like people to consider sinister for higher lvl dungeons and fractals. Something like “meta zerk or sinister only”.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Let’s take a look at an example : Nemesis ( that meta-hating necromancer who keeps posting around here) – why do people respond to him?

It’s not Nemesis’s kittenty opinions that I care about, it’s just bothersome to me to see how massive the number of people following him is. He has a huge subscriber count and a ton of people who worship his every word like religious extremists or something.

Seeing such obviously false information spread to so many people triggered me this last time. It was a mistake to bother in the first place, I guess I was just not in a pleasant mood when I was linked to that video that evening.

You’re right though, he doesn’t deserve our attention. Shame on me.

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Nemesis add me as a friend in GW 2 please! I will play with you how I want and you want Zerker free!

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Posted by: Canakun.8031

Canakun.8031

Hi,

I don’t mind doing the dungeons that are around, but I’d like to do them more than one way.

Here’s a fix.

Remove subject words like: OS, Meta, Metazerker, Zerker, Berzerker, Berserker, and etc from being possible to post in the group advertisement listing.

Words that would be allowable: Guard, Thief, Necro, and etc.. ie only class names. This way we can actually play the game.

You built this game so we could play different variations of the classes. Why reward players for breaking your game?

Why do you need to ruin other peoples experiences just to benefit your own?

Mamorou Itou Defense Club.
Protect him at all costs.

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Hi,

Here’s a fix.

Cause we try to play without meta-Zerker how we always wanted, and the meta-zerker lovers like you join our group hi-jack it, kick us out, and we have to start over; in dungeon or during prep on the world maps!

I find zerker boring, I have a full set of it (exo+ascended for now), I already did all my dungeons for the AP, so i have different needs than people running it for just money.

I for one am after trash loot such as cores/lodes cause my MF of at least 400% boosted allows them to drop quite often. So I want to kill everything also I want to take long low levels and new players at times to help them experience the game the way they want to experience it. Having people crashing LFGs to troll is not needed and harassment!

You may say form a guild, and we are, but even with 500 maxed out (in the future) ,that’s only 500 out of maybe 1000s or 100s of thousands that feel this way or are new to GW 2. LFG is going to have to be used regardless.

I’m on the OP’s side on this not only from personal experience, but I’m the helpful person that goes out of one’s way to help the inexperienced rather than, “Do as I say!” -lemmings style and mindlessly follow the meta way of doing things and wearing gear they have no business in without understanding it fully or anything much about GW 2 either to begin with, and we all have seen that before too.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

Hi,

Here’s a fix.

Cause we try to play without meta-Zerker how we always wanted, and the meta-zerker lovers like you join our group hi-jack it, kick us out, and we have to start over; in dungeon or during prep on the world maps!

I find zerker boring, I have a full set of it (exo+ascended for now), I already did all my dungeons for the AP, so i have different needs than people running it for just money.

I for one am after trash loot such as cores/lodes cause my MF of at least 400% boosted allows them to drop quite often. So I want to kill everything also I want to take long low levels and new players at times to help them experience the game the way they want to experience it. Having people crashing LFGs to troll is not needed and harassment!

You may say form a guild, and we are, but even with 500 maxed out (in the future) ,that’s only 500 out of maybe 1000s or 100s of thousands that feel this way or are new to GW 2. LFG is going to have to be used regardless.

I’m on the OP’s side on this not only from personal experience, but I’m the helpful person that goes out of one’s way to help the inexperienced rather than, “Do as I say!” -lemmings style and mindlessly follow the meta way of doing things and wearing gear they have no business in without understanding it fully or anything much about GW 2 either to begin with, and we all have seen that before too.

So because you want to play how you want, we can’t play how we want?

If you want to kill all mobs, make an LFG stating you want to kill all mobs.
There’s probably gonna be people that join without reading and expect you to skip everything, but the exact same thing goes for people not reading and joining zerk groups expecting to clear every mob.
I would even dare to say it happens more with anti-meta people annoying people that prefer to do dungeons fast, since I used to play ranger and only do casual runs, and I barely got people not respecting my LFG, opposed to people not respecting my zerk LFGs daily now
Don’t blame zerkers, blame illiterate people

The only fix for this is to add filters to the LFG tool, so you can actually play with the group of people that have the same playstyle as you

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Nemesis add me as a friend in GW 2 please! I will play with you how I want and you want Zerker free!

Prepare to be treated like a kitten then. Nemesis is even worse elitist than any 20k+ ap pug out there.

Posted by: Jonny C Gud.5346

Jonny C Gud.5346

removing OS would be good tho

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

Hi,

Here’s a fix.

Attachments:

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Prepare to be treated like a kitten then. Nemesis is even worse elitist than any 20k+ ap pug out there.

I was being sarcastic … even if he doesn’t play like most people (I sure don’t) he does sound like a jerk.

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

This is an absolutely ridiculous suggestion. Removing words does not prevent what is happening ingame.

Posted by: Painbow.6059

Painbow.6059

Hi,

Here’s a fix.

Posted by: Avster.1935

Avster.1935

Do you people never tire of making such ridiculous posts? Seriously.

OP, do you even know why they are meta? have you even tried understanding the mechanics of the game?

Evelyn Whitehawk | Exalted Legend | Demons’s Demise | I Transmuted My Legendary Medium Coat

Posted by: Huttunen.8309

Huttunen.8309

While we’re at it also give immunity from kicks for necros, rangers and engis. The kickers will get kicked themselves just to taste their own medicine for not wanting that cleric healer engi with tornado in their party and for wanting to do dungeons the most efficient way. Those silly metazerkers!

Posted by: Truefrost.6815

Truefrost.6815

Hi,

Here’s a fix.

Although I admire a helpful attitude. I think people are quite confused on what the meta is, they think It’s this religion or something… Every game has a meta, It’s unavoidable. Some people like to play at the top level of their abilities, much like you want to kill everything and play how YOU want… We want to do the same.

I seriously doubt you get that many people ‘Hijacking’ the groups. I have a friend who isn’t so big on the meta who I run casual no skip groups with, VERY rarely do we meet someone who goes all wtf on us.

As for the OP. What I find most amusing is… You realize If meta/zerk goes byebye something else will take It’s place? It’s numbers, something will become the new optimized setup. Either for a specific class or just in general, It’s unavoidable. So stop complaining.

Server: Yak’s Bend | Main: Aliah Raheim
Necro main since beta, MMO fanatic and avid beta tester.

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Great idea OP. But why stop there?

Let’s remove the words “war,” “hunger,” and “poverty” from all dictionaries also. I think you’ve solved all the worlds problems!

Also,

War is peace,
Freedom is slavery, and
Ignorance is strength.

(don’t forget 2+2=5)

that would be religion, would it not ?

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Just join the zerker group with whatever gear you want. They will not notice and most of them don’t run gear checks.

I regularly run with soldier and nomad gear and no one notice a thing. There was not a single wipe.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

Luckily some of us run gear inspectors so your piece of bullkitten just won’t fly.

Posted by: Kondra.3860

Kondra.3860

I agreed with OP. Players should remove thier “Meta Zerk” from LFG. I would be nice to open LFG and not seeing meta noobs and exploiters filling the screen.
Meta is based on broken game mechanics/exploits and poisons the community. For kitten sake, you can’t even make your own “no meta” lfg without getting insults from player or continually killing your lfg.

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

Just join the zerker group with whatever gear you want. They will not notice and most of them don’t run gear checks.

I regularly run with soldier and nomad gear and no one notice a thing. There was not a single wipe.

This is why you are on my Block list with a Kick on Sight Tag on your head. But thanks for playing!

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”