Removed Thread (and an explanation)

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

We just moved a thread — “Dungeon stealing” — off the forums, because it contained a lot of back-and-forth name calling. In the forums, “naming and shaming” is strictly disallowed according to the Forum Code of Conduct. I wanted to let you know that Security and Customer Support were able to investigate the issues and those involved in wrong-doing have been dealt with. In the future, please report incidents of this sort using the in-game system OR through a support ticket. Thank you for understanding.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Thanks for posting Gaile, quick question… is anything ACTUALLY happening?

Apparently Mr H is still around and playing although he’s been reported countless times and Chris even said he dealt with it.

It’s tough to trust in the integrity of this game lately.

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Mister H? Heheheheitred?

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Jerus.4350

Mister H? Heheheheitred?

Yessir apparently he’s still around.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Apparently Mr H is still around and playing although he’s been reported countless times and Chris even said he dealt with it.

Do you really think people would (or should) get a perma-ban the first time?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

I feel very communicated

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

Jerus.4350

Do you really think people would (or should) get a perma-ban the first time?

I think what they said was fine. Steal it or do anything questionable once, get a warning. Do it once and try to turn it around and sell it yourself, instant perma ban. Do it a second time and perma ban.

Either way the guy I’m referring to has done it many more times than once.

Posted by: Harny.6012

Harny.6012

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Mister H? Heheheheitred?

Yessir apparently he’s still around.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/General-Dungeon-Discussion-Thread-Part-2/page/10#post4623054

Because we’re the toxic ones.

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

Guys, I’m on the phone with close to no internet.

I would really appreciate it if someone could post in this link my exchange via support ticket where my dungeon briefing was met with an automated WvW answer (should be in my highest rated posts).

Upon someone posting it, my message to Gaile is the following :
“I really and sincerely appreciate your efforts at communicating with the playerbase, but the rest of the service should follow. New players may need to be spoon fed, but I’d like to be treated as an adult by the employees of a company I do buy from…

That said, Merry Christmas Gaile, it feels nice to know you keep trying to save what can be saved in the bad communication we’re stuck in"

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

dlonie.6547

Sam, I’ll never stop applauding your ability to keep your cool in these situations.

Kudos.

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

Thanks ! Now let’s hope she’ll read it and understand my concern with “deal with it via support ticket”.

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch

dlonie.6547

inb4 generic reply about PvP griefing.

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

With all due respect, those threads would not exist or be as prevalent if the group system didn’t make it so easy for a pair of players to screw over another group of players and if your support responses looked like you’re actually listening, instead of using (mediocre) automated responses.

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

With all due respect, those threads would not exist or be as prevalent if the group system didn’t make it so easy for a pair of players to screw over another group of players and if your support responses looked like you’re actually listening, instead of using (mediocre) automated responses.

It’s not just mediocre automated responses. It’s responses for a different game mode entirely.

Posted by: Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

When you realise that Anet has no automated response for PvE that is when you understand how little they care about this game mode :s

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Well, trying really hard to be objective… Like with all companies in this ugly world, anet surely got a few competent, determined people that try to make things work and many lazy, jaded or plain indifferent employees that most probably just copy-paste their way through the support tickets just so they can go back home and mind their own business. Not that I blame them… Some jobs just suck.
Yeah, I know, I know, but come on, negligence is everywhere. I’m sure they don’t mean it, but it’s how it is.
I won’t dare to imply that something’s wrong in the instructions the support guys are given from upstairs, because I don’t know how things work at the company.
Looking at the bright side, at least they’re not surgeons, right? /shiver

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

im glad the banhammer rained fiery brimstone and blunt force trauma upon the deserving party. …but id like to know how hard it hit. “dealt with” is oddly unsatisfying. especially because repeat offenders remain at large. and the reporting system is murky and seems ineffective.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

(edited by insanemaniac.2456)

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

i have video of mister H in action about a year back!

http://www.twitch.tv/diabiosx/c/3444060

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

Posted by: Tom Yzf.5872

Tom Yzf.5872

i have video of mister H in action about a year back!

http://www.twitch.tv/diabiosx/c/3444060

lel

Not only that, mister H BUYS GOLD FROM GOLD SELLERS. Yet still he manages to evade the permaban hammer. kitten is so beyond comprehension it is so motherkittening kittened up.

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

You guys kitten too much.
Chill out.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

Posted by: kuittaa.7360

kuittaa.7360

I wanted to let you know that Security and Customer Support were able to investigate the issues and those involved in wrong-doing have been dealt with.

Both are (happily) playing the game, as nothing ever happened. I hope Security and Customer Support realises that sometimes a stark face with forefinger “no-no” is not enough. Maybe that stream wasn’t solid enough evidence. Maybe Security and Customer Support don’t support any third party evidence and ignore anything (including screenshots) like that.

What is evident however, is that players like those two “who were dealt with” can do absolutely whatever they want without any fear of any kind of sensible punishment. Security and Customer Support are basically just encouraging and supporting in-game behaviour similar to what these two players were doing.

So disappointed, or rather, digusted (once again) with Security and Customer Support.

lordkrall.7241

And once again: Should the very first punishment really be a permanent ban?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

If bragging on the forums about it or being rude with the people you scammed, yep.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

kuittaa.7360

Yes, in cases like these (doing same thing several times, trying to get others banned because of the same thing and not even considering stopping unless getting caught on stream), very first punishment should be permaban.

Maybe he/they wouldn’t do it on second account anymore.

Posted by: Zui.9245

Zui.9245

There’s a very big difference between the following cases:

Stole an instance once. Banned immediately after.

Stole instances 10 times. Banned after 10th time.

Stole an instance once. Had their own instance stolen at a later date. After they had their own instance stolen, attempted to get the people who stole from them banned.

Stole an instance once. Had their own instance stolen at a later date. After they had their own instance stolen, attempted to get the people who stole from them banned. Stole another instance after this occurred, too.

Et cetera.

There are still some people permanently banned for the snowflake exploit. An exploit that messed up the economy a little bit, but didn’t explicitly victimize individual players for personal gain. People who steal instances explicitly victimize individual players for personal gain, and they know for a fact that’s exactly what they’re doing. Some of them even know it’s a bannable offense, and do it anyway.

If it’s reasonable to permanently ban people for the snowflake exploit, it should be reasonable to do the same for instance stealing in at least some cases, as some cases of instance stealing are much worse and much more obviously wrong.

Posted by: Wollowitz.9174

Wollowitz.9174

[dream mode on]

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Dungeon-owner-sometimes-required/4426656

[/dream mode off]

Read what Michael wrote here and the one post above
For some weird reason I was totally sure it was Chris, but now I realise Michael is the one, hehe.

(edited by Wollowitz.9174)

lordkrall.7241

Yes, in cases like these (doing same thing several times, trying to get others banned because of the same thing and not even considering stopping unless getting caught on stream), very first punishment should be permaban.

Maybe he/they wouldn’t do it on second account anymore.

But is that really how things work?

If I commit a bunch crime in the real world, but only ever get caught doing the latest crime, with no actual proof that I have committed the earlier crimes.
Should my punishment also take into consideration the earlier crimes that I might have done, even if I was never punished for those crimes?

The punishment record is what matters (at least in the real world) not how many potential crimes you might have done in the past.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

kuittaa.7360

If I commit a bunch crime in the real world, but only ever get caught doing the latest crime, with no actual proof that I have committed the earlier crimes. Should my punishment also take into consideration the earlier crimes that I might have done, even if I was never punished for those crimes?

The punishment record is what matters (at least in the real world) not how many potential crimes you might have done in the past.

First, on that deleted thread were more than one person, who said that these two stole their dungeons. While you might argue that “anyone can say that these two stole their dungeons”, I don’t think those who frequent this subforum are doing false accusations like that.

Second, Security and Customer Support can check their actions, if they can be bothered to check their logs. So, in game, whatever you do leaves a mark to the logs, unlike in real life.

By not taking any evident action against players like these, Security and Customer Support are silently supporting these players and their actions. They give a signal, that players can do absolutely anything they want (as long as it is not manipulating BLTP; see case snowflake exploit), and they are especially free to harass, scam, and steal from other players.

Are you, dear lordkrall.7241, actually supporting behaviour like this as well?

Edit: this is what were were told to:

Basically, you steal, cheat, or be a general baddie and I’m coming with my Account-Focused Stun-Lock Cannon.

While it might mean myriad of things, at least I understood it as a ban.

(You can read all of his quoted post here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Dungeon-owner-sometimes-required/page/5#post4427192)

(edited by kuittaa.7360)

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Are you, dear lordkrall.7241, actually supporting behaviour like this as well?

what a silly question. of course he isnt. hes just asking what a fair system should be.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

We just moved a thread — “Dungeon stealing” — off the forums, because it contained a lot of back-and-forth name calling. In the forums, “naming and shaming” is strictly disallowed according to the Forum Code of Conduct. I wanted to let you know that Security and Customer Support were able to investigate the issues and those involved in wrong-doing have been dealt with. In the future, please report incidents of this sort using the in-game system OR through a support ticket. Thank you for understanding.

Can we get a CDI to discuss the forum rules with the community? Games like archeage are letting players post names on forums because it is part of the mmorpg player driven experience. It makes the game more alive, and increases the player/guilds interactions.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]