Replace Dungeon XP with accbound item

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Ettanin.8271

Ettanin.8271

Hey,

“switch at last” can be a pain for a PuG because not only is it more difficult with “sub-optimal” setups, but you also have to pull 25% more for one who likes to boost an alt.

Let’s do away with that and replace the reward XP with an item such as:

[Dungeoneer’s Journal]
Consumable
Account bound on acquire
Upon use, grants the user 70% of the total experience needed to level up

This should end the “switch at last” dillemma and still give the switcher what he’s working for.

(edited by Ettanin.8271)

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

I would greatly appreciate this. Of course, then people would be more likely to just run enough dungeons and get an 80 they don’t know how to play. That’s pretty much what they’re doing anyway though.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

So you’re suggesting I could collect a cubic ton of those journal’s and then level up an character to 80 inside the tutorial without the hassle of collecting tomes of knowledge? Fine with me, but I doubt that’ll happen.

Posted by: Arenzo.3298

Arenzo.3298

since I run a ton of dungeons on my lvl 80’s id be perfectly ok with this

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

I’d love it since all those level ups feel wasted. Anet definitely won’t do it that way though.

Most people don’t switch to alts at the end since they either never realized they could do that to level up or they don’t want to deal with the hassle of doing it. Also, most players don’t run dungeons anyway. Implement this idea and players would all start running dungeons for fast level ups for their alts. Getting to 80 would end up being way too quick even compared to running the EOTM train. I can’t see Anet wanting this.

Realistically, it would be nice if they let you buy tomes with skill points. Like 10 skill points for a tome. Then those level ups you get on your 80 would help contribute to your alt, but it wouldn’t be as fast. Although you do get scrolls like crazy so I can see Anet lowering the amount of scrolls you get if they did this.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

Posted by: Arenzo.3298

Arenzo.3298

i could dig buying tomes with skill points

Posted by: JusticarArkiel.1564

JusticarArkiel.1564

or the person who wants to switch could just use that character in the first place. if this was implemented, it would be a bit of a pain to those of us who use the character we want levels for in the first place. maybe if it detected you used a level 80 to complete the dungeon, and gave you one of these instead of the xp reward, then would be fine with it. but replacing the xp reward for all levels is just a bit much

Fix what you have before you build something new

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Or just be better. If you can’t 4.5 man a dugeon… meh

Snow Crows [SC]