Reported cause i left fractals after daily

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Xehanort.4589

Xehanort.4589

I know i didn’t tell them i would leave after i get my daily, but reporting me just because i don’t have enough time to complete all the 3 fractals is a bit eccessive. If i told them i had an emergency instead they wouldn’t have reported me for sure. First, i wasn’t the instance owner and second, they just need to find a 5th player and being on the 2nd fractal you can find a player ina minute. I thin k they exaggerated. They told me i’m an idiot, why i ask myself, i’m just playing as i want and at the moment i was just completing dailies and the daily does not force me to complete all 3 fractals. I say calm down and find that 5th player, it’s not a tragedy if someone leaves, as long as it’s not the instance owner.

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

kitten it Xehanort I’ve killed you like three times now!?

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I think it’s a rubbish thing to do. The Fractals aren’t even that long anyway. If you’re not going to be on board for the whole ride, just don’t join at all. If you know your group is trying to do the whole thing, and you know they aren’t aware that you only want the daily… then yeah, they are right to be angry with you. It’s not a bannable offense of course, and not something I think you can get reported for. But it is just bad form, and I think you do owe them an apology for acting so selfishly.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

(edited by Mad Queen Malafide.7512)

Xehanort.4589

Not long, are you kidding me? Fractals is the longest thing you can do in this game after arah p4. Takes me always more than one hour while every dungeon can be completed in about 30 minutes at most. I’d say that if they keep putting the fractal thing as daily, with the upcoming achievement reward system, more people will leave after the first fractal. I just did it for that achievement point. And finding a group for a single fractal is an impossible thing at the moment. All i could do to do one fractal is to not tell them.

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

Sorry Xehanort, but you are wrong here. Joining a fractal group just to get your achievement point is poor form. Sure it isn’t bannable by any means, but Mad Queen is right you owe them an apology imo.

Not only are there 10 other things you can do to get dailies done, but you should have either said something from the get go or started a gw2lfg and posted that you just wanted to run one fractal to get the daily.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Are you guys aware that you can invite people if someone leaves?

Posted by: Danireathorn.2814

Danireathorn.2814

I’ve had that happen where someone left after the first just to get the daily without beforehand telling anyone. It didn’t really make me angry; I just had a 5 second “lolwut” moment.

[LFG]

Posted by: Day Trooper.3605

Day Trooper.3605

Not long, are you kidding me? Fractals is the longest thing you can do in this game after arah p4. Takes me always more than one hour while every dungeon can be completed in about 30 minutes at most. I’d say that if they keep putting the fractal thing as daily, with the upcoming achievement reward system, more people will leave after the first fractal. I just did it for that achievement point. And finding a group for a single fractal is an impossible thing at the moment. All i could do to do one fractal is to not tell them.

Actually I create “daily only” groups on gw2lfg all the time – just create a level 1 fractal group and say you’re only doing the 1 fractal for the daily achievement point (and ofc to be quick pre-roll Swamp or even Jellyfish).

On the other hand though, to be reported for leaving? That’s pretty silly as you can easily get a replacement especially since the group already has 1 fractal out of the way.

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Day Trooper, so many familiar names from gw1…

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

You are without a doubt in the wrong, although your group did overreact since they can just get some other lucky chap who only needs to complete two Fractals instead of three thanks to you! Next time just say, “Sorry, I have to go!” and most groups are very understanding.

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Not long, are you kidding me? Fractals is the longest thing you can do in this game after arah p4. Takes me always more than one hour while every dungeon can be completed in about 30 minutes at most.

An hour is considered long? Underworld in GW1 often took several hours. So did Domain of Anguish. To me, one hour is not that long at all. A reasonable length for any dungeon.

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

An hour is insanely long. Guess I’m in for a rude awakening when I start doing Arah…

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Not long, are you kidding me? Fractals is the longest thing you can do in this game after arah p4. Takes me always more than one hour while every dungeon can be completed in about 30 minutes at most.

An hour is considered long? Underworld in GW1 often took several hours. So did Domain of Anguish. To me, one hour is not that long at all. A reasonable length for any dungeon.

DoA took on average 35 minutes, UW 20 minutes.

Posted by: Archon.6481

Archon.6481

It was still rude of him to leave. Especially since it was his intention from the beginning to only do the first fractal.

Archonicable – Thief
0/6/6/0/6 – D/D + D/P
Crystal Desert

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

I don’t join fractals in progress because it’s usually a good indicator of a disaster group. I think many people also hold this assumption and so it makes it hard for the group to fill that spot once it’s been vacated.

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Not worth banning, but sure worth blocking so they don’t have to put up with it happening in the future. I can only imagine how funny (selfish) it would be if you had opened the instance as well. Best you say what you’re planning on doing before joining a group that plans to see it through till the end. If it’s an emergency, tell them.. although in this case you knew what you were going to do from the get go.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

while I do think doing a single fractal for dailies is inconsiderate to the rest of the group, but reporting it is kinda overreacting.

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

It was still rude of him to leave. Especially since it was his intention from the beginning to only do the first fractal.

Perhaps I’m missing something, but is it really that hard to find people on lower levels?

I don’t join fractals in progress because it’s usually a good indicator of a disaster group. I think many people also hold this assumption and so it makes it hard for the group to fill that spot once it’s been vacated.

I have often tried to join 40+ groups in last fractal. Spot usually goes under a minute.

Anyways, when you put a lfg there’s a lot of space so you can say stuff like “one had to leave” or “good group”, or don’t even have to tell that it’s 2nd/3rd fractal.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Why do you even care if such people report you?

If they keep abusing reports like thakittens them that will have troubles and not you.

P.S. yes fractals are too long.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Yobculture.5786

Yobculture.5786

Wow… that was pretty mean.

Fractals are only long to begin with if your group is either full PUG so you are in the full knowledge that it could be a crappy run, or if you’re in a guild with fractal first-timers.

Far Shiverpeaks

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Yeah but those were speed runs. I’m talking a normal run with your average pug.

I do exactly the opposite. Often I find Fractals groups stuck at the Grawl Shaman boss, and replacing the previous rubbish player can make all the difference. It makes for a short run, and your team will be so happy to have you on board.

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

You’re in the wrong. You pretty much said your time is more important than theirs and screwed them over just for a 1/5 of the daily. You didn’t even have the decency to tell them.

Also, who goes out of their way to do the fotm daily? There are much easier ones you can do yourself.

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: HELLruler.4820

HELLruler.4820

Bannable, no, but why would you join a fractals run to do only one for the dailies? You have tons of options in PvE if you dont like WvW

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

You did a scumbag move. Take solace in the fact, though, that most human beings are also scumbags and so at least you have company.

Now scurry off, and figure out a way to skip ahead of old ladies while in line for a cashier or something. I’m sure there is a unicef donation box you could steal while you’re at it, too.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Yeah but those were speed runs. I’m talking a normal run with your

Uhm. 20 min UW runs were casuals. Speedruns were 14-16 min.
Also i did DoA about 5 times in total, my worst run was 1 hour, my second worst 40 minutes. And i was totally carried.

You simply can’t say pug times are normal times.

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: Tobkilla.4612

Tobkilla.4612

Not only are there 10 other things you can do to get dailies done,

And most of them way faster to get your daily achievement…

Posted by: Xehanort.7034

Xehanort.7034

kitten it Xehanort I’ve killed you like three times now!?

You fool, you can’t defeat us.

Seriously though, I think they overdid that. I honestly don’t see how that was worthy of a report.

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

You simply can’t say pug times are normal times.

You do realize we’re comparing a pick-up-group Fractals of the Mist with a pick-up-group Domain of Anguish clear time… right?

“Yeah I saw a group clear DoA in 17 minutes with some luck and tons of practice…!”

Relevant.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Yeah, what the OP did was rude, but it isn’t the end of the world. I would’ve just noted his leaving as a ragequit, laughed about it in chat for a hot second, and then replaced him in a few more seconds while the rest of us 4-manned whatever fractal we got until a 5th joined. Not a big deal.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Kichwas.7152

Kichwas.7152

I know i didn’t tell them i would leave after i get my daily, but reporting me just because i don’t have enough time to complete all the 3 fractals is a bit eccessive.

They told me i’m an idiot, why i ask myself, i’m just playing as i want and at the moment i was just completing dailies and the daily does not force me to complete all 3 fractals.

You were being selfish and rude to the others, getting your gain at their expense.

I don’t think what you did is considered an offense under the ToS, but I would have reported you as well just in the hope that it was.

http://kichwas.wordpress.com/ – GW2 Blog Presenting the Opposing View
JAH Bless – Equal Rights and Justice for all.
Justice And Honor – Tarnished Coast.

Posted by: Xehanort.7034

Xehanort.7034

I know i didn’t tell them i would leave after i get my daily, but reporting me just because i don’t have enough time to complete all the 3 fractals is a bit eccessive.

They told me i’m an idiot, why i ask myself, i’m just playing as i want and at the moment i was just completing dailies and the daily does not force me to complete all 3 fractals.

You were being selfish and rude to the others, getting your gain at their expense.

I don’t think what you did is considered an offense under the ToS, but I would have reported you as well just in the hope that it was.

If that was a bannable offense, about 80% of the GW2 community would be perma-banned. Honestly, I hope the people that reported YOU would get banned for abusing the report feature. Sure, what you did was a kitten move, but you didn’t grief them, you didn’t do anything whatsoever that warrants a ban.

Posted by: pullnointer.1476

pullnointer.1476

I think it’s a rubbish thing to do. The Fractals aren’t even that long anyway. If you’re not going to be on board for the whole ride, just don’t join at all. If you know your group is trying to do the whole thing, and you know they aren’t aware that you only want the daily… then yeah, they are right to be angry with you. It’s not a bannable offense of course, and not something I think you can get reported for. But it is just bad form, and I think you do owe them an apology for acting so selfishly.

no it isn’t. is this real life? ………….

Posted by: Syn Sity.5826

Syn Sity.5826

You did a scumbag move. Take solace in the fact, though, that most human beings are also scumbags and so at least you have company.

Now scurry off, and figure out a way to skip ahead of old ladies while in line for a cashier or something. I’m sure there is a unicef donation box you could steal while you’re at it, too.

[DnT]

pullnointer.1476

If that was a bannable offense, about 80% of the GW2 community would be perma-banned. Honestly, I hope the people that reported YOU would get banned for abusing the report feature. Sure, what you did was a kitten move, but you didn’t grief them, you didn’t do anything whatsoever that warrants a ban.

I'm completely baffled by this thread. WHAT IS HAPPENING IN HERE? it isn't even a kitten move. it's just you getting your daily and letting one of their guild members take your place. it's almost even good for them

wtffff……………………………..

pullnointer.1476

made my day

pullnointer.1476

can this blatantly offensive post get removed? I get 2week bans for similar things

Posted by: Syn Sity.5826

Syn Sity.5826

can this blatantly offensive post get removed? I get 2week bans for similar things

Please don’t. The scumbag move was not telling anyone, waiting until the end of the fractal and being like SEEYA. Once you start a run you want it to go smoothly, not to take breaks and post on gw2lfg.

[DnT]

pullnointer.1476

Please don’t. The scumbag move was not telling anyone, waiting until the end of the fractal and being like SEEYA. Once you start a run you want it to go smoothly, not to take breaks and post on gw2lfg.

yes it is the end of the world.

now read his second paragraph again.

Posted by: Aeri.5738

Aeri.5738

2 Points:

1) Your behavior really were antisocial and I would definetly put you on igno and would never ever do a dungeon with you again.

2) there is no report functionality for antisocial behaviour like this, so why bother?

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2.” – Well, I guess you really failed, ANet!
Update 5.9.2013: getting better ANet, still way to go!
A Lannister always pays his debts – For everyone else, there’s Mastercard.

Posted by: tfwzyko.3516

tfwzyko.3516

reported and blocked… i would have done it to you too.

Play nice

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Solo Ascalon Fractal at level 1, doable with most Professions and I’d say, EASY. Daily Fractal problem solved.

Posted by: zengara.8301

zengara.8301

Tbh, your tryieng to justify something that is pretty rude, by saying that is how you play. In a fractals it can be hard to find another member, also if the whole group is having a hard time in the first place, yeah it may take a couple of minutes, if the group dont just get apart from the moment you leave.
If you need to do your dalies, its probably best to do something easiere, and something that doesnt hurt other people. I dont like to say it, but that was a pretty awfull selfish move, specially if you actually didnt have anything to do after.
Next time write that you only want to do dalies and then they can find another one to join them, or that you will find some1 to join them after that 1 fractal.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

If I was pugging fractals and someone just dipped out without saying anything I’d shrug and go post for a fifth. If they told me it’s cause they just wanted their daily I’d call them a moron since there are tons of easier and quicker ways to get your daily. Then I’d go post for a fifth.

Retired. Too many casuals.

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

no it isn’t. is this real life? ………….

Politeness goes a long way, both in real life and in games. If you don’t act like a jerk in real life, then try to apply the same courtesy online.

Xehanort.4589

Tbh, your tryieng to justify something that is pretty rude, by saying that is how you play. In a fractals it can be hard to find another member, also if the whole group is having a hard time in the first place, yeah it may take a couple of minutes, if the group dont just get apart from the moment you leave.
If you need to do your dalies, its probably best to do something easiere, and something that doesnt hurt other people. I dont like to say it, but that was a pretty awfull selfish move, specially if you actually didnt have anything to do after.
Next time write that you only want to do dalies and then they can find another one to join them, or that you will find some1 to join them after that 1 fractal.

I came here to know more about what you think of it. I didn’t expect to receive hate mails after i left. Also i really had something to do after so i joined for a fast fractal to get the daily. I know there are easier dailies but i’m collecting every AP i can from dailies from 5 days ago while they announced the new rewards so that AP was important to me.

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

I came here to know more about what you think of it. I didn’t expect to receive hate mails after i left. Also i really had something to do after so i joined for a fast fractal to get the daily. I know there are easier dailies but i’m collecting every AP i can from dailies from 5 days ago while they announced the new rewards so that AP was important to me.

People are just being drama queens. It’s really not hard to throw an advert up, saying ‘Group LF 1’.

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

People are just being drama queens. It’s really not hard to throw an advert up, saying ‘Group LF 1’.

Especially that most people are after final reward and not relics. Don’t see why anyone wouldn’t have joined group in 2nd fractal.

Posted by: Winds.3087

Winds.3087

And all this because adding 0/1 fractal in daily is just plain wrong and promotes such jerk moves. Make it count only after you beat last fractal or make it 0/3 fractal requirement.

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

You should have told them, plain and simple. You didn’t tell them because you knew they wouldn’t like it.

RIP in peace Robert