[Request] Please lower LI for Legendary Armor

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Isildruen.6895

Isildruen.6895

Hi @ all
According to a post of the developers regarding the amount of LI per Armor Piece, 25 LI are required for each piece. That is 150 LI per armour. And that is at least according to my opinion FAR too much!
My Request is:
Please lower the amount of LI to 15 per armour piece or give us the possibility to require more LI per week.
My suggestion is based on the following Argumentation:
If you want to create all Sets of Legendary armour you need 450 LI which is 50 weeks of successfully defeating each Raid boss a week!
I like how the Legendary Fractal Backpack was introduced into the game and even the time gated Research Journals were ok for me.
6 weeks until you get a reward seemed a reasonable amount of time.
However hiding the armour behind at least 3-4 months of time gated Content is just a bad decision.
What if I have much time in a week for Gaming but in another week I have no time at all?
The game punishes me for not playing each week my weekly Raids which is a bad gamification desicision.
I do understand that ArenaNet needs daily/weekly Content that at least a part of the player Base is “forced” to play however only playing for the sake of getting a daily/weekly reward is not the enjoyable gaming experience we were promised already in the first Manifest of ArenaNet in 2010.
No grinding! No “Hey I swung that Sword again!”

And here we are forced to Grind, forced to play daily/weekly because the rewards are only available at that point in time and to be honest doing most of what we do is because of the sake of time gated rewards.

So please dear ArenaNet keep your promise that you have given us many times already and change the game from grinding to fun! ????

Posted by: eldrin.6471

eldrin.6471

Yes please do lower this from 150. and does it not detract from the epic nature of these encounters that once after many fails you finally kill a raid boss that you need another 149 kills to get your legendary armour.some players are still struggling with vale guardian leave them some hope.

(edited by eldrin.6471)

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

I honestly think it’s fine. Yes, it takes a lot of time but again, you are not crafting the full set in one go, you craft single pieces; you still get to make some progress every three weeks, given you kill all the bosses. Even less do I think they assumed anyone to get all three armors really fast.
On top of that, we’ll get more raids in the future which, in turn, will give us more LIs, so yeah.

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

I think 150 is fine because it mirrors the length of the PvP backpiece and you’re getting a full set instead of just the backpiece.

60 days for the PvP backpiece, 3 games per day.

Fractal backpiece was around 1.5 months of fractal dailies, every day which is around 42 days.

Assuming you do 1 wing per day that’s 3 days / week → ~17 weeks which is approximately 51 days of your time although it is over a longer period of time overall.

It seems fair when you compare it that way.

There’s definitely the time gate factor since weeks are gated weekly but I feel the total effort overall of 150 LIs is fine.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

eldrin.6471

First anet locks legendary armour were 95% of players cant get it,then they lock it behind 150 legendary insights were even those brave enough to attempt the hardest content in the game have little chance to attain it in any reasonable time frame.
Of course some of those who have no problems getting the maximum LI every week think 150 is fine,makes the armour all the more exclusive.some people struggle and put in real effort for there kills and have very few insights.

(edited by eldrin.6471)

Posted by: skarpak.8594

skarpak.8594

then they lock it behind 150 legendary insights were even those brave enough to attempt the hardest content in the game have little chance to attain it in any reasonable time frame.

back in the day, most people who weren’t traders (this still counts today, if you don’t have an luck account or farm 24/7) needed a longer time to get their first legendary weapon.
todays ppl somehow want it all fast and easy and this is just bullkitten. instead of enjoying the way of something, they just want it fast…when they have it then, they aren’t even satisfied and ask themselfes: why did i waste my time with that…and go on with the next thing.

but apart from that…i am already at 134 LI, and so is everyone from my squad…and everyone i know who is into raiding.
until the armor is out and we really need them, we are probably way over the cap.

i would say your argument: even those who are brave enough have only a little chance is completly wrong.
stop whining, this gives u 0 insights. get your kitten into raids and git gud.
and do you know what happens then? you get the raid feeling and kittens getting easier from boss to boss.

first wing: no one had an idea of gw2 raiding….hours of wiping.
second wing: we had an idea, not even close to the time we spend in wing 1.
last wing: 1 hour at every boss until we figured out the stuff.

i asked some ppl, is that last wing really this easy? i got the same answer from everyone:
not really, but you and your group probably got the feeling for raiding now and you know how to get dmg done.

so just because a new raid is out, you won’t spend days until you get a kill, because you need to learn everything again. also this is not wow where you absolutly need new gear everytime.

Posted by: Gudradain.3892

Gudradain.3892

The number of LI is fine as its something you get while doing something you like.

Afala – Ehmry Bay

Isildruen.6895

I just wanted to add something to the discussion:
Raids are way harder than e.g. Low Level fractals for the Research pages so it is not easy to get 9 LI each week and eventually it will take WAY longer to get to 150 LI than the 17-18 weeks.
So still: please lower it or Provide other means (repeatable per week) to get LI!

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

No, dont lower the LI, lower the insane amount of T6 mats…

Posted by: perry.9645

perry.9645

NO. why does everything have to be casual please let us have something that takes at least a bit of dedication.

Posted by: xrayane.1842

xrayane.1842

I also do not think it is fine at all like that. Putting the first ever legendary armor in Gw2 behind raids which 90+% of the players can’t play by lack of time or “skill” was already a controversial idea, putting it behind 150 Lis is just too much. It would be perfectly fine if we could get Lis daily, or 3 times a week/boss. It absolutely punishes people for not having started raiding since the beginning, and I don’t get the idea, let people play and get rewarded for it, don’t ask them to wait one complete week every time…

As far as I’m concerned, I started raiding a few months ago, the beginning was very hard because I couldn’t find groups who accepted me, then I started killing VG, then other bosses, and now for 7 weeks I’ve been killing every single boss every week, I spent tons of hours every week, killing bosses mutiple times to get used to them, and still I don’t even have half the Lis required… I would be glad to know how many Lis people saying " oh for me it’s perfectly fine that if a guy who wants to have the armor without having raided will have to do every single 9 bosses every single week for 17 weeks ! ", they are probably close enough to the 150 Lis and don’t want a lot of people to have the armor. And even people who raid, most of them only do Vg and Gorseval, you can check the LFG there are always more VG groups than anything else, groups for other bosses always require high Lis or kill proofs, which most of people don’t have.

I also really hope they’ll either lower the Lis required, or make Lis lootable more than once a week. I think collection fills the role of “involvement check”, because hey, most of people I know and who raid haven’t even killed Matthias yet, a lot of raiders haven’t killed Sabetha or Sloth, and are already blocked by the collection, so Lis shouldn’t be asked in such a high quantity.

Posted by: domness.6719

domness.6719

Number of LI’s is fine. After having 1 wing per week, 2 wings per week, and NOW 3 wings per week(!!) it’s going to be much easier for people. I’ll have enough for a full set of legendary next week already.

[OP] Optimise

NovaanVerdiano.6174

NO. why does everything have to be casual please let us have something that takes at least a bit of dedication.

^^^

Yes it might take you longer if you can’t get 9 kills a week, so what?
This is a legendary armor, a supposed sign of prestige which on top offers no actual bonuses besides fancyness whatsoever (no I don’t count stat-swapping as a plus as long as there’s no free rune-swapping along with it lol), so why do you feel like you have to get it asap? It’s a MMO, some things aren’t just given out straight away. And I wouldn’t even consider this much of a grind despite how long it is stretched out, you don’t spend those weeks constantly farming raids to make progress.

xrayane.1842

Why ? If you ask for people with no raid experience to kill 9 bosses every week for 17 weeks, it’s perfectly fine for me to ask the others to farm and get tons of mats for 17 weeks too. Hey, this is legendary armor, it must be deserved !

eldrin.6471

or leave it at 150 and no new people will bother starting raids and the raids and elitist crap that goes with it will die and guild wars 2 can maybe get back to the friendly all inclusive game it once was.

perry.9645

^^^

This is a legendary armor, a supposed sign of prestige which on top offers no actual bonuses besides fancyness whatsoever (no I don’t count stat-swapping as a plus as long as there’s no free rune-swapping along with it lol), so why do you feel like you have to get it asap? It’s a MMO, some things aren’t just given out straight away. And I wouldn’t even consider this much of a grind despite how long it is stretched out, you don’t spend those weeks constantly farming raids to make progress.

i think you completely misunderstood my comment

Attachments:

NovaanVerdiano.6174

^^^

i think you completely misunderstood my comment

No I didn’t lol

The first part was agreeing with you, the second was just me adding to your comment why it should stay like this and not be nerfed

Posted by: fourpoundburrito.1698

fourpoundburrito.1698

Seconded!

perry.9645

No I didn’t lol

The first part was agreeing with you, the second was just me adding to your comment why it should stay like this and not be nerfed

k nvm then just woke up :-/

Another idea would be heavy crafting bags purchaseable with magnetite shards 3-5 shards per bag would seem reasonable

Posted by: harold.3526

harold.3526

No, the full recipe is fine, don’t lower anything.

Chaos | Death And Taxes [DnT]

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

The current requirement of 150 LI is fine. It’ll get easier and easier to acquire them with each subsequent raid that is added to the game. If you lower that cap, you’ll quickly come to the point where people are then complaining about nothing to spend LI on.

Edit: Fixed autocorrect typo

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

harold.3526

If you lower that cap, you’ll quickly come to the point where people are then complaining about nothing to spend LI on.

Not really, the Dev said already you will be able to do as many legendary armors as you want to.

If you want to do at least 3 sets (one heavy, one medium, one light) its 450 insights,
450/9 = 50 Weeks = 12 months and 2 weeks = 1 year

If you (just like me), want to do one for each of the in-game classes (9 sets), it is 3 years, 1 month and 2 weeks

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

150 (25 per piece) is very fine. No changes needed. After all a set of armor is 6 pieces and should take a lot of effort to get 6 legendaries.

Seconded!

Also disagree on this one. 100 T6 mats per legendary is not insane. It is very generous

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Ayrilana.1396

If you lower that cap, you’ll quickly come to the point where people are then complaining about nothing to spend LI on.

Not really, the Dev said already you will be able to do as many legendary armors as you want to.

If you want to do at least 3 sets (one heavy, one medium, one light) its 450 insights,
450/9 = 50 Weeks = 12 months and 2 weeks = 1 year

If you (just like me), want to do one for each of the in-game classes (9 sets), it is 3 years, 1 month and 2 weeks

I’m pretty sure the amount of players that do that will actually craft multiple sets are a majority. Not only is there the ~3K gold cost for the legendary but you will have the cost of crafting the first step of the precursor as well. I doubt there are many players with the capability of doing what you’re suggesting.

You’re also completely disregarding what I said. Let’s say that within the next year, Anet added another raid with 9 bosses. Now players can get 18 LI per week. That automatically cuts the time in your example in half. It further gets reduced as they add more raids.

xrayane.1842

150 (25 per piece) is very fine. No changes needed. After all a set of armor is 6 pieces and should take a lot of effort to get 6 legendaries.

Seconded!

Also disagree on this one. 100 T6 mats per legendary is not insane. It is very generous

You know people think only about their own interests. For them it’s not insane to ask someone who has never raided to kill 9 bosses every week during 17 weeks to get a legendary armor, because they have more than 100+ Lis so it’s ok for them to be privileged. But when they’re asked to do something they don’t have that will also require a lot of time, there they’ll disagree and they it’s insane and too much etc. Humans.

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Seconded!

You know people think only about their own interests. For them it’s not insane to ask someone who has never raided to kill 9 bosses every week during 17 weeks to get a legendary armor, because they have more than 100+ Lis so it’s ok for them to be privileged. But when they’re asked to do something they don’t have that will also require a lot of time, there they’ll disagree and they it’s insane and too much etc. Humans.

Goes the other way around too. People who raided from the very beginning, not knowing how many LIs will be necessary kept doing it and now there’s people who don’t want to put the same amount of effort in, instead crying for a reduction of LIs required.

Isildruen.6895

Ok these were pretty much the answers I expected:
People who got in early in the Raids and who have already acquired close to 150LI are of course against the idea. Because if they lowered the amount then their effort would totally not be respected
And people like me who are stuck at 30-40 LI ask to lower it.
Well I still say lower it because if you try to PUG Raids or just have bad luck with people it will become really annoying as it might take 2-6-infinity hours to get even one LI.
Still in all comments above nobody replies to the weekly Cap issues:
Don’t you also feel punishes when in One week you simply can’t spend time raiding but in another you have enough time to kill the Bosses 10 times over?

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

I can live with 150 but then I’m one of those no lifers who plays 6+ hours a day everyday. Then there are those who play just as hard or harder than I but not as long. Should they be hindered in their journey just because I can play longer? Either way on the number Anet puts I’m fine but I certainly see why some want less.

xrayane.1842

Ok these were pretty much the answers I expected:
People who got in early in the Raids and who have already acquired close to 150LI are of course against the idea. Because if they lowered the amount then their effort would totally not be respected
And people like me who are stuck at 30-40 LI ask to lower it.
Well I still say lower it because if you try to PUG Raids or just have bad luck with people it will become really annoying as it might take 2-6-infinity hours to get even one LI.
Still in all comments above nobody replies to the weekly Cap issues:
Don’t you also feel punishes when in One week you simply can’t spend time raiding but in another you have enough time to kill the Bosses 10 times over?

As I said I would be perfectly ok with the 150Lis if the Lis were daily/multiple times a week. Killing 150 bosses is hard, but it’s a legendary armor it has to be hard. But killing 150 bosses while having to wait one week every time makes no sense to me. Of course people who have close to 150 Lis will say " oh no it’s good like that ! we love having to wait one week, we waited one week to get our Lis all the time so now you’ll suffer too.". But I think Anet are aware of the problems with Lis, let’s hope to see some communication on it soon.

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

150 LI is probably a little too high for people just starting out who suddenly see they need to raid 9 bosses for 4 months straight. I think a required amount of 90 (10 weeks) or 120 (12 weeks) would work better.

In addition, people should be able to trade ~40 magnetite shards for a LI (60 if you increase the weekly shard cap to 150 like you should), while people who have an abundance of LI and don’t want the armor should be able to trade in a LI for 10-20 magnetite shards.

Further non-monetary incentives should also be provided to run raids other than legendary armor, as once people have enough LI I would guess a chunk of players will start to move to other content once Forsaken Thicket becomes old. In a different thread someone proposed adding a raid collection composed of all the unique skins from the raid which should give a decent amount of AP, a title, and (I wish) a red-color reskin of the ghostly infusion. I think that would be a very good way to incentive continuing to play raids for those who don’t want/finish up their legendary armor which shouldn’t take too many resources.

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

Posted by: Gudradain.3892

Gudradain.3892

I totally agree.

Afala – Ehmry Bay

harold.3526

You’re also completely disregarding what I said. Let’s say that within the next year, Anet added another raid with 9 bosses. Now players can get 18 LI per week. That automatically cuts the time in your example in half. It further gets reduced as they add more raids.

I believe at each raid will have its own “LI” type of item.

Ayrilana.1396

I don’t think Anet has stated that but I guess we’ll see with the next raid.

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

First anet locks legendary armour were 95% of players cant get it,then they lock it behind 150 legendary insights were even those brave enough to attempt the hardest content in the game have little chance to attain it in any reasonable time frame.
Of course some of those who have no problems getting the maximum LI every week think 150 is fine,makes the armour all the more exclusive.some people struggle and put in real effort for there kills and have very few insights.

Yeah, it’s not like the armor is legendary.

/kappa

NSPride <3

Malediktus.9250

I think it would make sense if the new raid would get a new Legendary Insight item to encourage people to play the new raid and not just make them farm a raid they already have on farm status.

Ayrilana.1396

I think it would make sense if the new raid would get a new Legendary Insight item to encourage people to play the new raid and not just make them farm a raid they already have on farm status.

Players would have to do the new raids anyway at least for the collections.

Posted by: voidwater.2064

voidwater.2064

I’d support lowering the requirement or increasing the number of LI you can get each week.

The 150 number by itself doesn’t really bother me, but the timegating feels too long, if you were to start from 0 now, it would take 17 weeks minimum before you can complete a set…

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

If the new raidwing comes with a new armor or some other long-time rewards then i am pretty sure that they also will reward with a new legendary insight or however it will be called.

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

Malediktus.9250

Players would have to do the new raids anyway at least for the collections.

Yes, but Anet hates reusing old currencies. Karma, Badges of Honor etc are all useless now.

Posted by: Chrono.6928

Chrono.6928

I think 150 is fine because it mirrors the length of the PvP backpiece and you’re getting a full set instead of just the backpiece.

60 days for the PvP backpiece, 3 games per day.

Fractal backpiece was around 1.5 months of fractal dailies, every day which is around 42 days.

Assuming you do 1 wing per day that’s 3 days / week -> ~17 weeks which is approximately 51 days of your time although it is over a longer period of time overall.

It seems fair when you compare it that way.

There’s definitely the time gate factor since weeks are gated weekly but I feel the total effort overall of 150 LIs is fine.

except you could pug pvp and solo que, you can’t solo que raids and most pugs aren’t going to do a full clear.

Isildruen.6895

I definitively aggree that you can’t solo Queue Raids and a full clear for PUGs for all 3 Raid Wings is near impossible.
Btw:
I am saying that I want to put in an effort and I do understand that the Armor is Legendary!
I already created 4 Legendary weapons, on my way to the 5th and also have the Legendary Fractal Backpiece.
I got that because I put in a lot of work!
However I could put in the effort at any time and not only when Anet allowed me to receive a reward!
Any Developer going to say something to that issue?

eldrin.6471

Its just another bad decision from anet that has a negative impact on the game.
they know how to put a great game together but just dont know how to manage the average players expectations.

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

Hi @ all
According to a post of the developers regarding the amount of LI per Armor Piece, 25 LI are required for each piece. That is 150 LI per armour. And that is at least according to my opinion FAR too much!
My Request is:
Please lower the amount of LI to 15 per armour piece or give us the possibility to require more LI per week.
If you want to create all Sets of Legendary armour you need 450 LI which is 50 weeks of successfully defeating each Raid boss a week!
I like how the Legendary Fractal Backpack was introduced into the game and even the time gated Research Journals were ok for me.
However hiding the armour behind at least 3-4 months of time gated Content is just a bad decision.
What if I have much time in a week for Gaming but in another week I have no time at all?
The game punishes me for not playing each week my weekly Raids which is a bad gamification desicision.
I do understand that ArenaNet needs daily/weekly Content that at least a part of the player Base is “forced” to play however only playing for the sake of getting a daily/weekly reward is not the enjoyable gaming experience we were promised already in the first Manifest of ArenaNet in 2010.

And here we are forced to Grind, forced to play daily/weekly because the rewards are only available at that point in time and to be honest doing most of what we do is because of the sake of time gated rewards.

So please dear ArenaNet keep your promise that you have given us many times already and change the game from grinding to fun! ????

Absolutely not!

A full set of legendary armor is the most prestigious feat in this game as stated by Anet and would only be logical to take some time to complete. It is the true epitome of end game.

Raids are already extremely accessible and by the time they release the complete armor set everyone will have over 200 of Li.

Some of my guilds have over 120 already.

Remember that the legendary armor is not available YET. and probably won’t be do until either more raids or living story season 3 is released.

More so. You cannot hope to shell 400 g to buy a wing clear from some guilds and be rewarded with legendary armor

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

Hi @ all
My Request is:

Absolutely not!

A full set of legendary armor is the most prestigious feat in this game as stated by Anet and would only be logical to take some time to complete. It is the true epitome of end game.

Raids are already extremely accessible and by the time they release the complete armor set everyone will have over 200 of Li.

Some of my guilds have over 120 already.

Remember that the legendary armor is not available YET. and probably won’t be do until either more raids or living story season 3 is released.

More so. You cannot hope to shell 400 g to buy a wing clear from some guilds and be rewarded with legendary armor

Last comment is incorrect, there is far more people than you may realize who can afford to pay 20k for 50 wing clears. Not saying they will, but plenty who certainly can pay it.

Posted by: Oh Snapalope.1378

Oh Snapalope.1378

It’s 9 insights per week and honestly I feel wing 3 is easier than wing 2. My team cleared it in 2 days. There are a crap ton of raid training guilds so just look them up if you can’t find groups.

The point of high end gear and rewards is for people who has the balls and dedication to do harder content. I’ll use Runescape as an example, people who can’t beat the fight caves cannot get the one of the best capes in the game or people who can’t beat QBD cannot get the Royal Crossbow. Legendary armor is suppose to have prestige so if you make it so easy to get then what is the point?

eldrin.6471

There is a big difference between difficult and killing all nine raid bosses every week for 4 months. Difficult is the hour after hour on lfg then fail after fail,then finally killing one of the bosses. Same again for 8 more bosses. Minimum 4 months for the skilled lucky enough to have a premade. God knows how long this will take Mr average guild wars 2 player.Good luck attracting new players into raids with this crap.

Posted by: Kiktor.9503

Kiktor.9503

the problems is not 150 LI, its arrogance of players. 2 days after w3 came i saw already asking in lfg 60+ li+ kill proff for kc or xera……so what some of u can do w1-w2 in 2 hours? most of players cant even clear 1 wing. Cuz there is no dam party’s for raids. And what u doing then u finish w1-w2? helping others? NO…u dont give a dam about others.

And this is main problem, so what u elite players end wings in 2-3 hours, do u help other? ofc no, cuz u dont waste time on some low bobs, same as as lows cant stand in aerodrome 2 hours looking at lfg and see no party’s or ones with stupid 50-100+ LI.

No idea what they should do about this….but something must be done. If all stays elite players just sell raids for insane amount of gold/euros and so on ( this is why most of them want to leave as it is now).

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

the problems is not 150 LI, its arrogance of players. 2 days after w3 came i saw already asking in lfg 60+ li+ kill proff for kc or xera……so what some of u can do w1-w2 in 2 hours? most of players cant even clear 1 wing. Cuz there is no dam party’s for raids. And what u doing then u finish w1-w2? helping others? NO…u dont give a dam about others.

And this is main problem, so what u elite players end wings in 2-3 hours, do u help other? ofc no, cuz u dont waste time on some low bobs, same as as lows cant stand in aerodrome 2 hours looking at lfg and see no party’s or ones with stupid 50-100+ LI.

No idea what they should do about this….but something must be done. If all stays elite players just sell raids for insane amount of gold/euros and so on ( this is why most of them want to leave as it is now).

You know, you could just make an lfg and look for 9 other players that are new to the raid and learn the bossfights on you own, like all the other good raiders also did. But of course it’s easier to cry for being carried instead of going the hard way that all other raiders also went.

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

I’ve cleared KC and Xera 4 times this week helping people through.

Just because nobody wants to carry you doesn’t mean the rest of us aren’t helping other people with their clears.

If people want 50+ LI for Xera/KC it is because the boss is new and currently the ‘most difficult’ to kill, wanting 50+ LI for those bosses is reasonable because a totally new raider tackling those 2 is kinda a bad idea, also a bad idea at sloth but I’d say asking 50 LI for VG/Gors would be stupid.

If you wait a few weeks until most pugs have gotten a feel for KC/Xera, the LI requirements will probably be lower and pugs will be less demanding by a bit.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

See, difficulty settings will be perfect now that we have to kill the bosses 150 times.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.