[Request] Please lower LI for Legendary Armor

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Coconut.7082

Coconut.7082

The best players from the best raiding guilds are only just getting close to 150 LI now after killing every single available raid boss every week since the launch of raids.sure thing 150 LI balanced.

Is the armor out yet?? Did they say it is released tommorow?? What exactly are you complaining about?!
I only have around 100, do you see me complaining?
You feel 150 LI is grindy, I feel other stuff are grindy, lets just dumb down every possible thing in the game!
Legendary should be Legendary, if it was easy to get you might as well call it Casual Armor.

Posted by: eldrin.6471

eldrin.6471

Balanced is not giving you what you want nor is it giving me what i want. and you just made it clear with your own words why 150 li is ok with you,you already have 100.
well dear chap theres a lot of players out there putting hours and hours in to raids that haven’t got close to that hundred you got.and me and them would like anet to reconsider what balanced is.

Coconut.7082

Balanced is not giving you what you want nor is it giving me what i want. and you just made it clear with your own words why 150 li is ok with you,you already have 100.
well dear chap theres a lot of players out there putting hours and hours in to raids that haven’t got close to that hundred you got.and me and them would like anet to reconsider what balanced is.

What do I want exactly from balance? I didn’t ask for anything.

TBH I don’t give a kitten if LI amount is lowered, I really don’t care about the armor (I raid for other reasons, the armor is a bonus), and it will take me longer to farm the materials and tokens for the gifts, than get another 150 LI.
I’m not here to convince you that raids are fine, or that not all raiders/raiding guilds are mean elitists, I honestly don’t care! I know a lost case when I see one.

The only reason I’m here is because I’m sick and tierd of people complaining about every single kitten thing, without even putting the minimum effort in it.

Prediction to following comments: “Oh look at this comment, he’s so mean and elitist!, like all raiders are”
Yeah, I’m not a nice person, I’m a toxic individual, therefore my opinion clearly represents the whole raiding community.

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

It’s only a long time at current Legendary Insight rates of 9 per week. If future raids include Insights as a drop (I certainly hope so as it would be logical and consistent), it will become quicker to reach 150 by clearing every available wing every week. At 9 per week, it’s 17 weeks. At 12 per week, it’s 13 weeks. At 15 per week, it’s 10 weeks. That number will keep dropping.

You could argue: “well, it may not be possible to clear all 9/12/15/x bosses every week” but the counter-argument to that: the longer raids are out, the quicker it will be to clear a wing due to the amount of practice people will have with bosses. PUG clears of Spirit Vale only take about 40 minutes now, less if each boss is killed in one-shot and minimal time is spent waiting. Salvation’s pass can also be one-shot, including Matthias, with a consistent group that knows how to deal with mechanics. Stronghold can also be one-shot with minimal effort, and it’s only been out for less than 2 weeks.

I’ve only been raiding for 7 weeks and I’m already at the point of clearing Spirit Vale and Salvation’s Pass in a single 2-3 hour session with a consistent group (PUG or static), and I know what it takes to get a consistent run of Stronghold too (haven’t defeated Xera, but I know the strategy to get her down).

eldrin.6471

The op opened this thread as a request to anet to lower what they thought was an unbalanced unreasonable number of insights. I am posting on this thread because i agree
that it is unbalanced and unreasonable.no ones asking for easy,just balanced.the raids were to be the challenging content,grind does not add to that challenge.and in my opinion grind detracts from the whole experience.

(edited by eldrin.6471)

Posted by: Sird.4536

Sird.4536

No.

Leave it at 150 per armour. The casual player base is going to ruin this game. If you enjoy raiding then getting 150 is not bad and I would guess that with more raids coming out in the future it will be faster to aquire LI so stop asking for a nerf to a piece of gear that isn’t even out yet.

RP enthusiast

eldrin.6471

Its not casual players asking for this as they probably do not raid, its your fellow raiders who just dont find the li as easy to come buy as you. a couple of hours and some of you guys have got your full quota for the week,some folk spend that long finding there first group for there first insight of the week.

Coconut.7082

The op opened this thread as a request to anet to lower what they thought was an unbalanced unreasonable number of insights. I am posting on this thread because i agree
that it is unbalanced and unreasonable.no ones asking for easy,just balanced.the raids were to be the challenging content,grind does not add to that challenge.and in my opinion grind detracts from the whole experience.

I know what you want, your previous comment mentioned that I’m not getting what I want from balance, thus my response.
It’s unbalanced by your opinion, but Anet does not just make out these numbers from nothing.
less LI = easier to get, it’s that simple. (as I said, I don’t care even if you needed 6 LI to get it, but why??)
For new raiders it can take potentially only 4 months to get the armor, but veteran raiders are waiting for if for, what, 7 months now? so who’s it unfair towards?

If you find something too grindy, or if you don’t like it, don’t do it, it’s a game and you are here to have fun.
Else, if you really want/need this something, then do your best and put some effort into getting it.
But please, please, if you refuse to put the needed effort, don’t go kittening complaining all over about it!
(The above advice is directed towards Guild Wars 2 players, but surprisingly also works in real life!)

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

150 (25 per piece) is very fine. No changes needed. After all a set of armor is 6 pieces and should take a lot of effort to get 6 legendaries.

No, dont lower the LI, lower the insane amount of T6 mats…

Seconded!

Also disagree on this one. 100 T6 mats per legendary is not insane. It is very generous

Uhm… you do realise it’s 100 of each t6 per PIECE of armor, meaning you need 600 of each t6 mat for one full set of armor. Is that still generous?! What happened to “crafting a set of legendary armor will cost about the same as a legendary weapon”? Last I checked, a legendary weapon needs less than half that, or even a third (depending on which set of legendary weapon).

Cost and quantity do not mean the same thing.

Posted by: Chris McSwag.4683

Chris McSwag.4683

The best players from the best raiding guilds are only just getting close to 150 LI now after killing every single available raid boss every week since the launch of raids.sure thing 150 LI balanced.

here are a few facts for you:
1. It’s three times as fast to get insights now as from the start. It was only possible to get 3 per week for months, then 6 and now 9.
2. A majority that buy raids do it to get the necessary things to be more successful in pugging (eternal or spirit quest tonic) or for the collection items.
3. Portraying yourself as a victim as often as possible does not make your points valid, nor does having spent a lot of rl money on the game(I’ve read your previous posts).
4. A majority of players can be successful in raiding, but a minority appears to be willing to adapt, learn, improve and invest time.
5. A minority of raiders sell raids
6. Casual has nothing to do with skill

[eS] Ethereal Synergy
DPS Benchmarks, Raids, Low-mans etc.

(edited by Chris McSwag.4683)

eldrin.6471

this is what this whole discussion is about effort and how much.maybe that guy struggling to get every single insight could be you if it were not for those friends you have or that guild your in.effort should be proportionate and that were balance is to be found.
try as an experiment getting your insights this week without those friends or that guild.
only then will you see why others complain about what your fine with.

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

try as an experiment getting your insights this week without those friends or that guild.

Why? Last time I checked gw2 was an MMO.

Chris McSwag.4683

Oh but eldrin, I have pugged as well as led teams of both experienced and first timers(and no, I don’t charge for that). As with any area of the game, there are good players and those that need more training or learn how to communicate, and that is why people do what they can to minimise risk of someone dragging them down.
If you hate pugging, there are a vast amount of guilds that do raids on various levels and with 5 guild slots you can at least join one

[eS] Ethereal Synergy

Coconut.7082

this is what this whole discussion is about effort and how much.maybe that guy struggling to get every single insight could be you if it were not for those friends you have or that guild your in.effort should be proportionate and that were balance is to be found.

I already got mine this week, so it won’t work…
But just as every other week I will continue joining various PuG groups just for fun/practice and I’ll probably get multiple clears without “my friends or that guild I’m in”.
I guess it’s luck here too right? I must be the luckiest person in the world, always finding the best PuGs!

Sorry buddy, but I’ve been there, done that

Chris McSwag.4683

Then I’d recommend you to join a guild that do raids and accept beginners(or whatever skill level you are in terms of raids) so you don’t have to buy runs.

[eS] Ethereal Synergy

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

150 (25 per piece) is very fine. No changes needed. After all a set of armor is 6 pieces and should take a lot of effort to get 6 legendaries.

No, dont lower the LI, lower the insane amount of T6 mats…

Seconded!

Also disagree on this one. 100 T6 mats per legendary is not insane. It is very generous

Uhm… you do realise it’s 100 of each t6 per PIECE of armor, meaning you need 600 of each t6 mat for one full set of armor. Is that still generous?! What happened to “crafting a set of legendary armor will cost about the same as a legendary weapon”? Last I checked, a legendary weapon needs less than half that, or even a third (depending on which set of legendary weapon).

HoT legendary weapons are consistently 3-3.3k gold. The 6 Gifts of Condenses Might and Magic, at current prices, will be around 2400-2600g. Including other costs, 3000g seems to be the rough cost of the Legendary Armor set.

There’s your comparison. HoT legendaries were what Anet probably had in mind when they said 1 weapon = 1 armor set. Core legendary prices are all over the place, from around 1000g to craft underwater weapons, to upwards of 2.4k gold for the greatswords, excluding Eternity.

eldrin.6471

1. It’s three times as fast to get insights now as from the start. It was only possible to get 3 per week for months, then 6 and now 9.
2. A majority that buy raids do it to get the necessary things to be more successful in pugging (eternal or spirit quest tonic) or for the collection items.
3. Portraying yourself as a victim as often as possible does not make your points valid, nor does having spent a lot of rl money on the game(I’ve read your previous posts).
4. A majority of players can be successful in raiding, but a minority appears to be willing to adapt, learn, improve and invest time.

yes i have spent real money on the game and lots of it and yes i buy runs.i would also like to have enough left after this Armour to feed myself and pay bills ..as i have said before some things i just cant do due to multiple disability’s,just a fact not playing the victim, runing dungeons raids ect is a long standing guild wars tradition and anet provide the means(gems to gold) to get the crazy amounts of gold costing obscene amounts of real money it takes to get these 150 insights.

Coconut.7082

yes i have spent real money on the game and lots of it and yes i buy runs.i would also like to have enough left after this Armour to feed myself and pay bills ..as i have said before some things i just cant do due to multiple disability’s,just a fact not playing the victim, runing dungeons raids ect is a long standing guild wars tradition and anet provide the means(gems to gold) to get the crazy amounts of gold costing obscene amounts of real money it takes to get these 150 insights.

I’m sorry, but I think I misunderstood you, your complaint is that 150 LI are too much to buy?

Posted by: xrayane.1842

xrayane.1842

There are two kinds of people here it seems :

- people who want it to be easy, who don’t want to spend time in order to get their legendary armor : you guys shouldn’t be listened, it has to be hard, it’s a legendary item and not everybody should get it easily. But I get your point, it’s already locked behind collections that a kitten ton of people who raid can’t even complete and asking for tons of Lis doesn’t help.

-people who are near the 150 Lis and don’t want the others to reach it : it’s not because you started raiding early, that you don’t face the problems of pugging raids because you can join high req pugs, that you already have the guild/team to do raids easily every week, that you have to think it’s the same for everyone. I find it completely amazing, that for you, it’s normal to ask someone who just wants to start raiding to get his armor, to do every 9 bosses every single week during 17 weeks. It’s obvious that it’s not your situation, and if you were in that situation you’d say different things.

So in my opinion, we should keep the 150 Lis. BUT, Lis must be modified. It is not normal to lock people behind such a huge time gate, if someone wants to play a lot, and kills the 9 bosses in 3 days, what does he do the rest of the week if he wants to keep working on his armor ? This is for me the most annoying thing, I personnaly clear the 3 wings in a few hours with friends, and then what should I do ? Waiting another week and do it again ? Just : why ? Let me play and get rewarded ! This is why I think Lis have to be loot-able more than once a week, it would encourage people raiding more and not only doing their weekly clears and then stop raiding the rest of the week. This is where we see that people only think about their own interests : some people want it to be easy in order to achieve it as fast as they can without a lot of efforts, and some people find it normal to lock the armor behind a disgusting time gate, because they’re near the 150 Lis and want to be privileged, most of the time talking with arrogance. I hope Anet won’t listen to both of these players, and instead think, analyse, and react properly. I hope they reward people for playing raid every day, for investing time in raids, not for doing a weekly clear every week for 17 weeks, and people who started raiding when raids came out shouldn’t be so privileged, if someone wants to spend all his days doing raids he should be rewarded for it, and not be punished for missing the first months of raids. We should keep it hard, keep the fact we need to kill 150 bosses, or even more than 150 if the Lis are modified, but make it reachable faster for people ready to invest time in it.

(edited by xrayane.1842)

eldrin.6471

I’m sorry, but I think I misunderstood you, your complaint is that 150 LI are too much to buy?

Im complaining that 150 insights are way out of proportion for all sorts of reasons
the thread is after all about asking anet to lower it,and yes in my case i would rather not pay anet a third of my years disability benefits for there legendary Armour.

Posted by: Zanjii.8214

Zanjii.8214

idk , if ppl want a raid exclusiv armor the ppl should go in the raid to get it , 150 is the minimum in my opinin

eldrin.6471

so in your opinion the minimum should be more than anyone has got from raiding since raids first launched.id bet your on a 100+ li.

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

so in your opinion the minimum should be more than anyone has got from raiding since raids first launched.id bet your on a 100+ li.

Legendary armor is not even released yet and i bet when it’s released people will have 200 or more legendary insights.

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

Posted by: xrayane.1842

xrayane.1842

Of course he is. Only people who have 100 + Lis find it normal to ask for 150 Lis with the current way Lis are obtainable.

eldrin.6471

yes those in raiding guilds who killed all bosses since day one will probably have more than enough.how does that change anything for those that struggle to get every single insight.there seems to be two main opinions on this matter the haves and the have nots.
those with 100+ with not far left to go are happy with 150,those with significantly less than 100 would like it lowered. i would have thought balanced was some were in the middle.Whats the average number of insights that people that raid have? add that to the maximum and divide it by 2.

(edited by eldrin.6471)

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

yes those in raiding guilds who killed all bosses since day one will probably have more than enough.how does that change anything for those that struggle to get every single insight.there seems to be two main opinions on this matter the haves and the have nots.
those with 100+ with not far left to go are happy with 150,those with significantly less than 100 would like it lowered. i would have thought balanced was some were in the middle.

Raiding was never intended to be played with pugs but only with a static group of friends or a guild. The raid lfg was only added because pug-raiders were spamming the open world lfg.

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

I have 34 and I am totally fine with 150? So, what now, eldrin?

Some additional things:
1. 17 weeks from now on is ok and we don’t know if the leggy armor will be released within this time
2. The journey should be legendary
Every legendary weapon can be achieved in less than a month. That’s not “legendary”. That’s bullkitten.
3. VG, Trio, Event/Mc Leod + Gorseval are 4 easy insights per week.
4. You haven’t made any valid argument till now, eldrin. Just the same five- or six-line poem over and over again. We are still waiting for some posts from you with substance.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

eldrin.6471

I have 34 and I am totally fine with 150? So, what now, eldrin?

Some additional things:
1. 17 weeks from now on is ok and we don’t know if the leggy armor will be released within this time
2. The journey should be legendary
Every legendary weapon can be achieved in less than a month. That’s not “legendary”. That’s bullkitten.
3. VG, Trio, Event/Mc Leod + Gorseval are 4 easy insights per week.
4. You haven’t made any valid argument till now, eldrin. Just the same five- or six-line poem over and over again. We are still waiting for some posts from you with substance.

i did not open the thread, just share my opinions on it.we have people that think that there own opinion is more important than others and would try to discourage others from posting in an attempt to make theres more valid.hence threads go off topic and get closed.sad

Posted by: CindyKa.6137

CindyKa.6137

One thing is certain, keeping LI at 150 will make raiding the biggest cash cow to come into the game for pro raid guilds. And they are 100% aware of this, it is why the majority want to keep it at 150.

First they say, "if you want legendary armor earn it, do raids.
OR the same people will say
If you want legendary armor you don’t need to earn, just pay me and I will earn it for you. Some are nothing but hypocrites in every sense of the word.

(edited by CindyKa.6137)

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I’ve read a lot of these arguments for 150 and I still stand by that it’s wholly unreasonable. I’ve raided a lot with my guild and will probably reach 150 long before the armor is even properly available, but that is irrelevant when considering the balance of these things. It’s not necessarily a grind to get 150 LIs, but it is an inappropriately long time-gate.

If you’re a perfect player with a perfect guild earning 9 every week it will take you 4 months to get 150. If you’re not a perfect player or aren’t in a perfect guild, however, this can easily grow to upwards of 7 or 8 months. The idea that a legendary has anywhere from 1/3 to 2/3 of a year of time gate associated with it should be telling enough as to the inappropriateness of the requirement.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Coconut.7082

i did not open the thread, just share my opinions on it.we have people that think that there own opinion is more important than others and would try to discourage others from posting in an attempt to make theres more valid.hence threads go off topic and get closed.sad

When you post your opinion on the internet, be ready to receive criticism. you might have not opened this thread, but you are one of the most active people here, therefore most of the comments are directed towards you.

You people amaze me again every time, from all the things posted you always take one bad thing and just focus on it. I said I had 100 LI one time (!) here, suddenly there’s a new category of bad guys: “Those who have 100 LI”, how long are you going to keep using that number?
I actually lied guys, I don’t have 100 LI. The real number is 255 Legendary Insights of Penetration (it’s a more advanced type of LI, harder to get), proof in picture.
And I think this should be the minimum for legendary armor! hopefully Anet will understand that too and raise the number!

One thing is certain, keeping LI at 150 will make raiding the biggest cash cow to come into the game for pro raid guilds. And they are 100% aware of this, it is why the majority want to keep it at 150.

If you want legendary armor you don’t need to earn, just pay me and I will earn it for you. Some of you are nothing but hypocrites in every sense of the word.

Guys, he’s on to us!
Abort!

Attachments:

Ayrilana.1396

Im complaining that 150 insights are way out of proportion for all sorts of reasons
the thread is after all about asking anet to lower it,and yes in my case i would rather not pay anet a third of my years disability benefits for there legendary Armour.

It’s 150 insights for six pieces of legendary armor. That comes out to 25 insights per piece of legendary armor. That’s pretty reasonable.

Rising Dusk.2408

I don’t think the argument that “it’s six pieces of armor” holds weight in this context for the following reason. Weapons are incredibly impressive and impact a large amount of your player character, whereas if you were to compare it to just “Legendary Gauntlets” I can guarantee that the gloves alone won’t be nearly as impressive. There may even be several graphical effects present only when you’ve completed the entire set!

We don’t know yet, so it’s hard to pin down, but I can guarantee you that your boots alone or your gloves alone will in no way compare to the grandeur of a legendary weapon. It’s the set together that will succeed in that comparison, and so we need to view the entire legendary armor crafting together as a single unit. When you view it through that lens, it becomes far more clear how tedious the current numbers are.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

eldrin.6471

anet dev has said legendary armour would be equivalent of one legendary weapon.
you wont be unlocking six legendary on your achievements,it will be one.

Coconut.7082

anet dev has said legendary armour would be equivalent of one legendary weapon.
you wont be unlocking six legendary on your achievements,it will be one.

fixed:

anet dev has said legendary armour cost would be equivalent of one legendary weapon cost.

Ayrilana.1396

I don’t think the argument that “it’s six pieces of armor” holds weight in this context for the following reason. Weapons are incredibly impressive and impact a large amount of your player character, whereas if you were to compare it to just “Legendary Gauntlets” I can guarantee that the gloves alone won’t be nearly as impressive. There may even be several graphical effects present only when you’ve completed the entire set!

We don’t know yet, so it’s hard to pin down, but I can guarantee you that your boots alone or your gloves alone will in no way compare to the grandeur of a legendary weapon. It’s the set together that will succeed in that comparison, and so we need to view the entire legendary armor crafting together as a single unit. When you view it through that lens, it becomes far more clear how tedious the current numbers are.

No. You’re just viewing it in that way to better support your stance. It completely ignores the fact that you craft each legendary armor piece separately and not as a set. You also equip each legendary armor piece separately and not as a set.

Whether or not the stats provide players a significant improvement, or whatever you want to call it, doesn’t matter. Keep in mind that the stats will be the same as ascended armor. All you’re getting with legendary armor is a new skin (which some players may not even like) and the ability to change stat combinations. That’s it. The pre-precursor ascended armor set can be kept so players will already have access to ascended stat combinations via available options or by the MF.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Well, they didn’t have all 9 bosses out to begin with, so for months they were only getting a third or two-thirds the LI’s they are getting now.

NSPride <3

Rising Dusk.2408

No. You’re just viewing it in that way to better support your stance.

Firstly, this is disingenuous of you, does nothing to contribute to your argument, and does everything to keep me from taking you seriously. Maybe you don’t care, and that’s fine if so, but if you actually want me to keep responding to your posts let me suggest a more amicable tone.

It completely ignores the fact that you craft each legendary armor piece separately and not as a set. You also equip each legendary armor piece separately and not as a set.

Based on AMA discussions regarding legendary armor and the entire blog post dedicated to it when it was first announced, ANet has not given the impression that each piece is equivalent to a legendary weapon regardless of how it is obtained or equipped. They have made it sound very much like a set of legendary armor should be treated akin to a single legendary weapon. Of course, we don’t know for sure yet.

CindyKa.6137

When you post your opinion on the internet, be ready to receive criticism. you might have not opened this thread, but you are one of the most active people here, therefore most of the comments are directed towards you.

You people amaze me again every time, from all the things posted you always take one bad thing and just focus on it. I said I had 100 LI one time (!) here, suddenly there’s a new category of bad guys: “Those who have 100 LI”, how long are you going to keep using that number?
I actually lied guys, I don’t have 100 LI. The real number is 255 Legendary Insights of Penetration (it’s a more advanced type of LI, harder to get), proof in picture.
And I think this should be the minimum for legendary armor! hopefully Anet will understand that too and raise the number!

If you want legendary armor you don’t need to earn, just pay me and I will earn it for you. Some of you are nothing but hypocrites in every sense of the word.

Guys, he’s on to us!
Abort!

It would be she, hence Cindy.

BTW I could care less if it was 150 10 or 500 my point was, those who argue to keep it high will be the same ones selling runs. On one hand you say only raiders should have this armor then on other you say 400g wing 1/2/3 or w/e prices is the going rate for that day. If you weren’t able to figure that out maybe with this comment you will understand.

If people were serious in their intent to keeping this a prestigious a raid armor. You would for certain be begging anet to make paying/charging for runs bannable. Since no one has it really has nothing to do with prestige. And more about how much gold can be made. If even one LI is paid for the armor has lost any chance of being prestigious. It’s no longer earned but bought. Visa or Master Card does not equal skill.

(edited by CindyKa.6137)

Posted by: Dinosaurs.8674

Dinosaurs.8674

I raid a lot. It’s probably around 90% of what I do in this game. I think I’ve missed 3 boss kills since raids started (the first week), and after this week I will have 145 legendary insights. I am someone who thinks that the prestige of the legendary armor is important, especially considering the prestige of legendary weapons is pretty much gone. I also think that people who don’t raid have no business complaining about the cost of legendary armor or that it’s gated behind “exclusive” content or any of that nonsense.

I still think 150 LI for the armor set is ridiculous. 17 weeks is a ridiculous amount of time considering that the rest of the collection could be easily completed – along with the requisite gold being farmed – in under a month. From a personal standpoint I don’t really care since I have 150 anyway lol, but it’s pretty dumb to suggest that people should finish the entire collection and have the gold ready to craft but then just wait for 3 months for the final item. Again I’m happy that it’s hard to get, but this is probably a bit much.

If you want legendary armor you don’t need to earn, just pay me and I will earn it for you. Some are nothing but hypocrites in every sense of the word.

I mean it’s true that the high LI requirement is going to be lucrative, but I’m laughing imagining you thinking there’s some illuminati conspiracy kitten going on to influence anet to keep LI at 150 so we can make gw2 gold. And I bet the meetings are at anet headquarters….

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

What I’d like to know:

Why is 150 LIs along with roughly 3k gold spent (from what I know) over the course of four months, spending just a few hours every week, such an ridiculous amount which has to be reduced?
Every other MMO would’ve said “yeah you gotta farm 1500 of those AND legendary armor will have better stats than ascended”, there’s barely no grind
Stop making problems out of non-issues

Ayrilana.1396

No. You’re just viewing it in that way to better support your stance.

Firstly, this is disingenuous of you, does nothing to contribute to your argument, and does everything to keep me from taking you seriously. Maybe you don’t care, and that’s fine if so, but if you actually want me to keep responding to your posts let me suggest a more amicable tone.

It completely ignores the fact that you craft each legendary armor piece separately and not as a set. You also equip each legendary armor piece separately and not as a set.

Based on AMA discussions regarding legendary armor and the entire blog post dedicated to it when it was first announced, ANet has not given the impression that each piece is equivalent to a legendary weapon regardless of how it is obtained or equipped. They have made it sound very much like a set of legendary armor should be treated akin to a single legendary weapon. Of course, we don’t know for sure yet.

There was nothing less amicable about it. The legendary armor are six pieces which are crafted and equipped separately rather than as a set. Other than costumes, nothing is equipped as a set. You’re choosing to dismiss that.

The AMA spoke about cost being equivalent to legendary weapons. Each piece will operate independently from another just like two legendary weapons would.

Rising Dusk.2408

Why is 150 LIs along with roughly 3k gold spent (from what I know) over the course of four months, spending just a few hours every week, such an ridiculous amount which has to be reduced?

Because GW2 isn’t other MMOs and has made its reputation from that. Time gating is a thing in GW2, and it’s fine as a concept, but the time gate associated with 150 LIs is uncharacteristically long compared to any other time gate in the game. That’s why people are upset over it.

CindyKa.6137

LOL sweet little child I never thought there was a conspiracy, you just made that up in your head to make yourself feel better about your post.
I have an idea because obviously you haven’t looked. Try glancing at the lfg once in awhile and see how many are charging for raids.

I know how much is being charged for raids because I am one of the ones charging for them.

Point out one thing I said that is a lie, false or will never happen. You can’t because you know how it would make you look.

If you’re going to comment on my post at least address the remarks I made in the manner in which I made them. And stop making up stuff in your head then falsely saying I said something different.

This was the only part of your post that I addressed at all, and this is wrong. Suggesting that people who are selling raids “want to keep it at 150” so they can make money is completely wrong and is frankly insulting.

LOL oh now it’s insulting to speak the truth??? If you think for one second many who charge for raids do not like the idea of the number needed for armor to be high you are very wrong.

Maybe you don’t but you are only fooling yourself if you think that applies to everyone charging for raids.

So no NOTHING I said is false.

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

Just my random thoughts,

In truth I don’t have a problem with it being 150. However I can see the concept that Dusk is putting out. 4 months is a long time gate.

I would suggest dropping it to 100,
and here is why,
Its still time gated. but it becomes a month less. AND it will still reward those dedicated raiders for consistently clearing. Simply for the reason that by the time the collection is completely released. you will have enough Insights to craft 2 sets of armor. Which I personally think is super cool.

If you want me to go on a mental bender I would even go so far to suggest adding a single wing raid that is the final stage of the collection. Still allow it to be run regularly of course adding 3 or perhaps 4 more insights to be collected in general, thus reducing the gate even further. Perhaps have a thing in the last room off to the side of the last room that has the "legendary forge " or something like that. They did say that the collection will be completed with content yet to be released. It would be a cool thing to have another wing be that thing.

Eh Ramblings.

Personal opinion, If we are talking about dropping the requirement I would suggest going no lower than 100. Or Adding another wing.
or both.

Posted by: Dinosaurs.8674

Dinosaurs.8674

LOL sweet little child I never thought there was a conspiracy, you just made that up in your head to make yourself feel better about your post.
I have an idea because obviously you haven’t looked. Try glancing at the lfg once in awhile and see how many are charging for raids.

I know how much is being charged for raids because I am one of the ones charging for them.

Point out one thing I said that is a lie, false or will never happen. You can’t because you know how it would make you look.

If you’re going to comment on my post at least address the remarks I made in the manner in which I made them. And stop making up stuff in your head then falsely saying I said something different.

This was the only part of your post that I addressed at all, and this is wrong. Suggesting that people who are selling raids “want to keep it at 150” so they can make money is completely wrong and is frankly insulting.

LOL oh now it’s insulting to speak the truth??? If you think for one second many who charge for raids do not like the idea of the number needed for armor to be high you are very wrong.

Maybe you don’t but you are only fooling yourself if you think that applies to everyone charging for raids.

Right well then kindly point of this “majority” that “wants to keep it at 150” to support their cash cow and I’ll agree with you. I haven’t seen anyone say that, you are just assuming things. It’s probably true that some people would like it to stay at 150 so they could sell raids for a longer time, but there is nothing to suggest that in this thread. You saying things like “they know this and want to keep it this way” is meaningless since those people aren’t actually doing anything to try to keep anet from changing it. I made that illuminati comment before because the whole tone of your comment was consiracy-ish, it still is tbh, “now it’s insulting to speak the truth???” give me a break lol. It’s nice that we get to make more money selling to rich people who want insights, but suggesting that we want it to stay at 150 so we can make money and dgaf about anything else is pretty disingenuous.

If anything the people I have talked to that sell raids think that the 150 requirement is too high, just like I do, because it’s a ridiculous time commitment. But really most people in that position just don’t care.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Because GW2 isn’t other MMOs and has made its reputation from that. Time gating is a thing in GW2, and it’s fine as a concept, but the time gate associated with 150 LIs is uncharacteristically long compared to any other time gate in the game. That’s why people are upset over it.

But is it really? We have legendary weapon collections taking at least up to three months if you don’t end up buying the ascended materials or get them from other sources, where they’re still random drops. In the same way, you can buy raids; of course, it’s much more expensive, but a lot more effort goes into it too. It’s only 9 bosses a week too, this is very important as you don’t have to kill said 9 bosses every day for 4 months straight. You also end up progressing slowly (i.e. actually seeing results) as each of the pieces is crafted on their own. And lastly, while I understand people wanting the armor as fast as possible, you’re not required to kill every boss each week, you can take it slower without losing the chance to ever craft the armor, as it is with the PvP backpiece. This doesn’t change the amount of LIs required obviously, but it still gives you the option to do it at whatever pace you want.

To compare, for the legendary backpiece you end up with, at the very least, 45h of playtime simply for the 60 days played, given you say “three games a day over a timespan of 45min” (which certainly doesn’t hold true all the time, even more so with horrible queue times). Then add (class) wins and division-crossing into the mix which is a problem for plenty of players (as can be seen) and you’re easily looking at much, much more hours. To add to this, you can only play ranked during certain times and once the four seasons are over, any chance to ever get the backpiece are gone, as long as you didn’t finish the achievements.
On the other hand, the legendary armor. Now, lets say after the players learned the encounters they take roughly 3h to clear the full raid; this is completely based on the stories I heard from guild members who pugged out of boredom with experienced groups. 16*3 puts us at 48 hours. Even if we say 5h a week we end up at 80h, maybe 90h if we count in learning phases. “This is twice as much as the backpiece!” Yeah it is, but we’re comparing a full set of armor with a single backpiece here. If you end up only wanting specific armor pieces, the requirements turn out to be even lower, though that’s not exactly an argument imo.

So yes, legendary armor acquirement seems to be in line with other legendary gear for me, it’s just more expensive to bypass the timegates, given you choose to buy your way through instead of playing.

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

all other time gates are under ~2 months

a ~4 month minimum time gate is too much. the gate should be viewed as a gate on the entire set, because the entire set is what is supposed to be equivalent to a weapon. on a per piece basis, the gate isnt too bad, but you cannot work on 2-6 pieces concurrently, you can only work on 1 at a time. and thats an issue.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

CindyKa.6137

Right well then kindly point of this “majority” that “wants to keep it at 150” to support their cash cow and I’ll agree with you. I haven’t seen anyone say that, you are just assuming things. It’s probably true that some people would like it to stay at 150 so they could sell raids for a longer time, but there is nothing to suggest that in this thread. You saying things like “they know this and want to keep it this way” is meaningless since those people aren’t actually doing anything to try to keep anet from changing it. I made that illuminati comment before because the whole tone of your comment was consiracy-ish, it still is tbh, “now it’s insulting to speak the truth???” give me a break lol. It’s nice that we get to make more money selling to rich people who want insights, but suggesting that we want it to stay at 150 so we can make money and dgaf about anything else is pretty disingenuous.

If anything the people I have talked to that sell raids think that the 150 requirement is too high, just like I do, because it’s a ridiculous time commitment. But really most people in that position just don’t care.

You are so predictable. I knew without a doubt you would come back with the whole “prove it” remark. You know full well it cannot be proven NOR disproved. Talk about being disingenuous. Actually I only heard one person comment about it in map chat. And yes I know that’s not a majority.

In a game where gold or items have value. Then acquisition of such takes precedent, to some above generosity, compassion and even willingness to help others without personal gain unto themselves. Even more so when anonymity is involved. Typical human behavior.
If I sounded like I was being disrespectful to those I believe who exercised there right to take advantage of the system. Then I was wrong on that. I thought I was merely saying it does exist.

You are correct, I shouldn’t have used the word majority. Fact is I have no idea how many there are and fact is neither do you.

It sounds like you have already convinced yourself that
A. No one wants LI to be high to take advantage of others.
B. There is not a group of people who will use this to their advantage of others.
C.. Legendary armor is prestigious yet it maintains its prestige even when purchased.

I used no and not above because at first you said probably some, then further down you attempt to imply none.
None of which I agree with. No need to respond to this, we are done discussing it as far as I’m concerned. At this point all I can do is agree to disagree.

(edited by CindyKa.6137)

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

54 LI, plus all the other requirements, is more than reasonable.

Excess LI achieved could be used to buy other cool stuff.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.