[Request] Please lower LI for Legendary Armor

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: eldrin.6471

eldrin.6471

Well 140 would be closer to fine than 150 is.130 even closer.
4 months time gate if you can find a group every week and kill all the bosses is nuts.
and your average raider would struggle to get 5 a week thats over 7 month time gate.
your not meant to grow old working on this are you.im already old i dont want die of old age during a time gate.

(edited by eldrin.6471)

Posted by: ezd.6359

ezd.6359

150 is ok for a static group. But for a random player it is insane amount of time spent. It is not easy to find a group. Most of groups fail on vale guardian for 2 hours. It is not my personal skill, it is all about skill of 10 ppl!

Collection proves your skill. 150 prove nothing except you are in a static group or you have hemorrhoids.

It should be lower. Like 60 LI for all pieces.

P.S. And/Or sell them for Shards like 10 each.

English is not my native language, sorry :<

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

we were told that if we had been regularly raiding successfully we wouldn’t need to grind.
but anet has a very different definition of the meaning of regular,to them its every single boss every single week since raids first launched.,and to those starting out its a minimum 4 month time gate if they can kill every single boss every week.

Regularly = Frequency as in does a player raid often
Successfully = How well a player/group performed

Yes il agree regular does mean often but when does often mean you need to have killed every single raid boss every single week since launch. You guys and your suck it up its easy to get 150 insights ltp attitude represents less than 5% of the player base.but your fine that the game suffers and bleeds players wile it goes were only you want,your all that awsome you dont need the rest of the players playing this game.problem is anet needs them for an income.

Highlighting the part you keep missing. This is the fourth time that I’ve tried to remind you that the dev’s said “regularly and successfully”. You’re applying what the second bit entails to the first part and arguing against the first part based on that.

Regularly just means time/frequency. That’s it. Successfully refers to how well they did when they raided. It’s semantics really but since you’re apply the meaning of successful to stand in for regularly, and then arguing against it based on that, well…

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

eldrin.6471

Yes and i have told you over and over that if a player was killing five bosses every week it would still be regular and with success.the fact that you try to ram your opinions down other peoples throat changes nothing.but this guy spending way longer than you and your static group has to spend hours every week just finding a group before he even starts getting his insights. and for this guy the time gate is over 7 months.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Successful is not easiest 5 out of 9. It is 9/9 bosses.
Anyone can do Gorseval, Trio, McLeod, Keep Construct and Vale Guardian with ease.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

eldrin.6471

And what if its the five hardest and its 5/5 as him and the group he struggled to find had real life and he only had time for five.Your argument is ludicrous.
still ends up with a 7 month time gate.
But of course if he was serious about raiding he would give up his job, divorce his wife and wear adult diapers.

(edited by eldrin.6471)

Malediktus.9250

You do not need much free time at all if you are decent, like 2-3 hours per week for all 9 bosses. Even the most casual (if you consider casual = players who dont have much time, but can play good anyway) players can manage that.
I feel this topic is going in a circle and not going anywhere :/ Maybe a moderator should consider closing it.

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

eldrin you make some of he most extreme cases, by using your view point I don’t have the time to do map completion therefore it’s a 52 month time gate for me to get one piece needed for a legendary……….

eldrin.6471

the problem that most players face and you choose to ignore is the time spent lfg
that far outweighs the time spent doing the raids.and that is what makes 150 insights unfair to players without static groups.

Ayrilana.1396

Yes and i have told you over and over that if a player was killing five bosses every week it would still be regular and with success.the fact that you try to ram your opinions down other peoples throat changes nothing.but this guy spending way longer than you and your static group has to spend hours every week just finding a group before he even starts getting his insights. and for this guy the time gate is over 7 months.

• Someone can play regularly (every week) and not be successful (zero boss kills).
  • Someone can not play regularly (once a month) and be successful (all boss kills).

The issue is that you’re treating them synonymously when they are very much different.

Clearing a wing would be successful. Killing one boss from a wing really wouldn’t. Was Mario successful when he cleared the first castle or when he finally found the princess?

I am also not forcing my opinions on you so don’t even go there. Just an FYI, I’ve been in two groups which have fallen apart. I’m pretty far from getting legendary armor but I see absolutely no issues with it being set at a total of 150 LI for six pieces.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

eldrin.6471

your definition of success is different from mine.to me success is doing your best with what you got.and if your happy with 150 insights good for you,seems thats what we got.
but since i come on this forum as a means of communicating my dissatisfaction to anet how you feel about it is irrelevant.

Posted by: ryandeniszorro.6735

ryandeniszorro.6735

Why do you guys who farm raids feel so special now whwn u have 100+ li ? U do understand no matter what , other players must do collections to so li is just literally pointless grind that would keep them away from more fun things they wish to do in gw2, wvw, pvp maybe , rp ? Those ppl have all right to get armor if they put work to collection and only thing that stops them is pointless grind.

Ps. Just to be clear on one thing most players here , who are fine on 150 li are fine coz they have it or in some cases , sell raids. U can just check them and all is quite clear. Epen thing.

(edited by ryandeniszorro.6735)

eldrin.6471

Why do you guys who farm raids feel so special now whwn u have 100+ li ? U do understand no matter what , other players must do collections to so li is just literally pointless grind that would keep them away from more fun things they wish to do in gw2, wvw, pvp maybe , rp ? Those ppl have all right to get armor if they put work to collection and only thing that stops them is pointless grind.

i totally agree with you.this added grind for 150 insights makes the collection rather pointless.
drawn out time gates and grind is were anet want to go not what most players want.
and its not a time gate to those coming on here saying 150 is fine.they will all get there legendary armour the day its released.

(edited by eldrin.6471)

Posted by: Harddrive.2738

Harddrive.2738

Its the weekly reset that is the issue on LI.

It should be a 4 month time gate for moderate progress and if people can do all 9 make it even shorter or give a bonus.

Ayrilana.1396

your definition of success is different from mine.to me success is doing your best with what you got.and if your happy with 150 insights good for you,seems thats what we got.
but since i come on this forum as a means of communicating my dissatisfaction to anet how you feel about it is irrelevant.

Anet stated that the number of insights needed would be balanced around players who played regularly and successfully. Since they set it at 150 insights total for all six pieces of legendary armor, that would imply every week and clearing the available wing(s). It obviously does not mean clear only those bosses which you’re capable of clearing.

I am free to disagree with you that there is an issue just as you are free to disagree with me that there isn’t. Neither side’s position is irrelevant.

Malediktus.9250

Ps. Just to be clear on one thing most players here , who are fine on 150 li are fine coz they have it or in some cases , sell raids. U can just check them and all is quite clear. Epen thing.

Because the legendary armor collections are pointless. You can do everything in one playthrough of the raid, except gorseval which is time gated for 5 weeks.

eldrin.6471

Anet stated that the number of insights needed would be balanced around players who played regularly and successfully. Since they set it at 150 insights total for all six pieces of legendary armor, that would imply every week and clearing the available wing(s). It obviously does not mean clear only those bosses which you’re capable of clearing.

I am free to disagree with you that there is an issue just as you are free to disagree with me that there isn’t. Neither side’s position is irrelevant.

And it obviously means anet wants us to repeat content long after we beet all the raid bosses and finished the collection for no other real reason but to add artificial life span to that content.

Malediktus.9250

And it obviously means anet wants us to repeat content long after we beet all the raid bosses and finished the collection for no other real reason but to add artificial life span to that content.

Which MMO gives you the best items for doing something only once? I cannot think of any. There is a finite amount of content in any game and a MMO needs to run for years. So the best stuff will obviously a long time goal in such a genre.

Ayrilana.1396

Welcome to every practically every MMO.

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

What you’re asking for is akin to a participation trophy or pity prize, which is frankly ruining the future.

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

MMOs won’t survive without replayability. Frankly, even single-player games are including things for replay value just so they can ensure players keep playing it, and in doing so, get their friends to play the game as well.

eldrin.6471

I get it,some of you guys like grind and massive time gates.probably nothing better to do with your time.most p[lay this game for entertainment and have real lives,jobs ,wifes, kids, and do not want there rewards locked away behind grind and a 4 month time gate.

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

I get it,some of you guys like grind and massive time gates.probably nothing better to do with your time.most p[lay this game for entertainment and have real lives,jobs ,wifes, kids, and do not want there rewards locked away behind grind and a 4 month time gate.

Most?
Several guys like me here have a job, some have kids, some have a girlfriend/wife and they are still fine with 150 LIs.
I already told you that I am such a player. I don’t have the 150 yet (around 40 now) but it’s a longterm goal, not a monthly one like almost every legendary weapon. I get the impression that some of the young have forgotten or never learned patience at all. There is no drama in playing all these weeks…
Players like you are only there for the reward – in this case the LI – and you will very likely never ever set a foot into raids again after finishing the armor. That is not the attitude of most raiders. They like the challenge + being rewarded decently and this is why they don’t have anything against this number because one day they will achieve it and still play the content.
I am very pleased that Anet isn’t balancing raids around pure loot farmers like we can see in dungeons, fractals, Silverwastes, Tarir, Dragon Stand, Cursed Shore and Frostgorge Sound. It’s rather embarrassing that there are so many farm spots in this game where people running after trash only pressing 1 and become richer.

Raids are niche and all critics are pointing that out in every single raid thread in this forum. So, let this niche be a niche and accept that there are different rules according to loot and time investment compared to the huge rest of the game.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

(edited by Vinceman.4572)

eldrin.6471

Yes Raids are niche and i would have thought they would need to attract a larger audience if anet is to continue developing content for them.and 4 month time gates wont help that.

Vinceman.4572

Yes Raids are niche and i would have thought they would need to attract a larger audience if anet is to continue developing content for them.and 4 month time gates wont help that.

It was never their intention to attract a bigger part of the audience with raids.
However, according to company statements raids are a success and that several guys at Anet are excited to see what comes next from the raid development team so are the raiders.

eldrin.6471

Raids were part of HOT and that is considered a failed expansion by most.
anets claims of raids being a success if true only apply to the niche audience apparently its intended for.More players have left this game because of anet bad choices than will ever do raids.raids to a lot of players being one of the bad choices,in that context the word success dont really apply.

(edited by eldrin.6471)

Vinceman.4572

Raids are not the reason why some ppl were calling out HoT a failed expansion.

And if it was a failed expansion for you, you would have stopped playing but you haven’t.

For me raids are a succes while I see more raid lfgs than for dungeon and dungeons were played regularly before HoT and their reward is fine again after the seasonal patch.

eldrin.6471

One of the biggest complaints about HOT was the unnecessary grind and time gates.
and what has now been added now to raids 150 li again grind and 4 month+ time gate.
anet claimed they learned something from the player uproar,they learned nothing.
next expansion will make or break this game.learn to learn anet

(edited by eldrin.6471)

Vinceman.4572

Yeah ok, I think you are the prophet.

Since it is impossible to have a proper conversation/discussion with you which is obviously related to something you already mentioned about yourself in this forum, I will end this dialogue here.

ezd.6359

One of the biggest complaints about HOT was the unnecessary grind and time gates.
and what has now been added now to raids 150 li again grind and 4 month+ time gate.
anet claimed they learned something from the player uproar,they learned nothing.

You can’t understand. For those who have static group it is not grind. They have 130-140 li already. They never tried to find a decent group using LFG. So they will never understand how good they are when 9 random people have differenct skill, don’t use TS and 2-3 people fail something on every kill attempt and you must work 200% times better and fail any way.

Posted by: Coconut.7082

Coconut.7082

You can’t understand. For those who have static group it is not grind. They have 130-140 li already. They never tried to find a decent group using LFG. So they will never understand how good they are when 9 random people have differenct skill, don’t use TS and 2-3 people fail something on every kill attempt and you must work 200% times better and fail any way.

You can’t understand, that those “who have static groups” probably PuG more than you.
How do you think everyone found those “static groups”? Was it a miracle? Or maybe all those groups existed since GW2 was released because they knew that raids are going to come out?
Guess what, most people PuGged their way, and many people in the top “static groups”/guilds still join many different PuG groups every week, for various reasons.

So please, cut the crap.

BTW, piece of advice: if you join a PuG that doesn’t use TS, it’s probably going to fail (and if you decided to stay, it’s your fault and don’t kittening blame anyone else) , there’s no reason to not use TS now-days.

eldrin.6471

Why do some of you players with static groups and 120 -140 LI not want the number and associated time gate lowered from 150 LI?
What is the big deal to some of you guys with lowering it just a bit to 80-100 li this selfish we already done all the work and got ours is not good for raids or the game.

(edited by eldrin.6471)

ezd.6359

There is a reason – english is not your main language for example. But any way, it is another thing. You don’t get the point (or you just confirmed?). We talk about skill and armor. But you think you must have advantages because you found a good group. We need to formulate another question: only people with static groups shoule be rewarded with armor pieces? I dont think so.

Collection and may be some repeated kills (1-2 times) should be enough. It is the proof of skill. Not “oh i found a good group lets laugh at those unlucky people that spent hours in lfg”.

Coconut.7082

Why do players with static groups and 120 -140 LI not want the number and associated time gate lowered from 150 LI?
What is the big deal to some of you guys with lowering it just a bit to 80-100 li this selfish we already done all the work and got ours is not good for raids or the game.

As I said here before, I couldn’t care less if it was lowered, but I also don’t see a valid reason to do so.
Lower it to 100? You will still see whining and base-less accusations on the forums. Again, YOU CAN’T MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY, deal with it.

ezd.6359

Why do some of you players with static groups and 120 -140 LI not want the number and associated time gate lowered from 150 LI?

They think they are more skilled and they worked more hard than you =)

eldrin.6471

legendary armor being more attainable in a reasonable time frame might not be a good reason to you but it is to me.

ezd.6359

Why do players with static groups and 120 -140 LI not want the number and associated time gate lowered from 150 LI?

As I said here before, I couldn’t care less if it was lowered, but I also don’t see a valid reason to do so.
Lower it to 100? You will still see whining and base-less accusations on the forums. Again, YOU CAN’T MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY, deal with it.

Valid reason is – IT REQUIRES GROUP OF 10 PEOPLE. IT IS HARD TO FIND RANDOM 10 PEOPLE WITH DECENT SKILL. What is so hard to understand for you?

Coconut.7082

There is a reason – english is not your main language for example. But any way, it is another thing. You don’t get the point (or you just confirmed?). We talk about skill and armor. But you think you must have advantages because you found a good group. We need to formulate another question: only people with static groups shoule be rewarded with armor pieces? I dont think so.

Collection and may be some repeated kills (1-2 times) should be enough. It is the proof of skill. Not “oh i found a good group lets laugh at those unlucky people that spent hours in lfg”.

I never said you had to talk, having bad English is fine, but at least be in the TS to listen. What I meant is that there’s no reason to not use TS as a (PuG) group.

When did I ever say any of the other things you wrote? You only read what you want to read, I feel like talking to a wall here.

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

They should make it 54 LI for each armor weight instead of a standard 150.

You do not want people to build all 3 armor weights at the same time, unless you want the t6 mats to become more expensive

There are going to be a bunch of requirements to craft each set and things can be reevaluated anyway.

The point is that 54 LI per set is reasonable, a blanket 150 is not.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

ezd.6359

For example 2 weeks ago i finished two wings (1+2) in 2 hours with my guild mates. This week i used LFG and i finished only Trio + McLeod. I can’t even kill vale guardian with randoms (tried 3 times, spent 2 hours for nothing)! I am not ready to spend 2-3 hours of my real life for nothing every day.

(edited by ezd.6359)

Vinceman.4572

Your bored of the arguments in favor of lowering the number of li needed on a thread dedicated to that subject?

You haven’t brought any proper argument for a serious reduction of LI for the armor. Not a single one.
The only things we read is: “too much” & “can’t acquire them (with my groups/pugs)” of less than 10 forum writers.

ezd.6359

“almost impossible to acquire them with pugs since it requires too much time” == “proper argument”. What else do you need?

eldrin.6471

What we have seen here on this thread is an example of whats wrong with raids and some of the people it attracts.

Posted by: Hypairion.9210

Hypairion.9210

What we have seen here on this thread is an example of whats wrong with raids and some of the people it attracts.

you’re talking about you? because i kept reading the same nonsense from you since many days, with nothing constructive and just generalizing from your own situation..

eldrin.6471

what is the topic of this thread?

Posted by: Nozome.7853

Nozome.7853

You only need 25 LI per piece. Its not that much actually. And im sure not everyone is going to like every skin. So you can craft whatever you like the most .
So pretty much one legendary piece per 3 weeks, that doesnt sound so bad.

Starting to raid may look hard , but it actually isnt so bad. Its the only place in the PvE mode that requires you to be skilled in your proffesion. Having a legendary reward behind that sounds good enough.

Malediktus.9250

Raids are not meant to be pugged, so you have no right to complain if you are unable (doesnt matter what reason) to make a static group or find a raid guild. Every raid boss kill you get while pugging should be just considered a nice bonus.

eldrin.6471

its not so bad us and our static can do it ltp.
change the record.
150 to many 4 months + to long.

Posted by: william dj.6953

william dj.6953

Raids are not meant to be pugged, so you have no right to complain if you are unable (doesnt matter what reason) to make a static group or find a raid guild. Every raid boss kill you get while pugging should be just considered a nice bonus.

Oh really? Either you are right and Anet is wrong or Anet is right and you are wrong.
If raids aren’t meant to be pugged. Whats this? Looks like something design just for pugging. go figure.

Attachments:

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Oh really? Either you are right and Anet is wrong or Anet is right and you are wrong.
If raids aren’t meant to be pugged. Whats this? Looks like something design just for pugging. go figure.

Anet made that so that you people who do nothing more than sit here and complain about how hard it is to find groups have an easier time finding groups.

Do note that finding a group doesn’t mean that your average PuG will succeed. Your odds throughout the week will vary ranging from excellent at reset to I want to punt a puppy on sunday.