[Request] Please lower LI for Legendary Armor

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

if you take a dump every day and im every other day, both are regular and successful
your abusing the term to fit what suits you best.when a new wing is launched it could be that players would move on to that and leave the one they already repeated till they a sick of it.but no in anet land your forced to repeat the old wing even though theres a new wing you would rather be learning
challenge or skill are not whats getting you the reward its forced repetition of content ie grind.and that is exactly why hot done so bad.

Those are not the same. Completing a wing/raid would be completing a movement. Killing only a few bosses would be only doing a partial movement. I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t feel like a partial movement was much of a success!

Regularly is situational but since raids have a weekly reset, regularly would refer to weekly. I regularly do Teq would lead you to believe that I do it daily. I regularly do guild missions would lead you to believe that I do them weekly.

I’m not abusing the terms; you just don’t know what they mean in the context that has been presented to players. I explained them to you several times and it’s supported by what Anet had stated their plans would be during the AMA and what we currently see for the recipes.

You’re entitled to your opinion but grind is a requirement for most MMO’s. It is impossible to roll out content frequently enough to keep players busy.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: Harddrive.2738

Harddrive.2738

Oh how I wish I had the time to correct every fake statement made.

Half the people for keeping the current system are just complaining about the state of the collection in general and are just blatantly grasping at straws. They should be in a different thread arguing on that point, not flimsily trying to explain how without the EXCESSIVELY large time gate it would be to easy.

The others are just trolls in so many flavors. They don’t have a point to make except to indirectly complain about how much effort they had to do to get to 150 LI at THIS point in time.

You weren’t even in a time gate, the content wasn’t released and you had no idea the requirements. Its only AFTER you know all the information can you try to explain how its “justified”. Cause your point is completely subjective to what Anet tells you, which means its not a point at all; just sour apples that the total could be less then what you put in (to this date).

I personally have no issue with it being 150 LI, but they need to add ways to increase the drop rate.

I personally think it should be more of a daily with weekly caps but letting us convert shards is sensible also.

If you could buy LI for 30 shards, that is +5 a week. For a time gate, telling people they need to kill on average 4 bosses a week is obtainable, but still a fair amount of work.

4+5(shards) = 9 = ~4 months. That is practical (but still annoyingly long).
Those that do kill all 9 in guilds +5 = 14 = ~2.5 months, which is still sensible for a time gate.

Ayrilana.1396

Oh how I wish I had the time to correct every fake statement made.

Or you can just make the true statements the first time?

Half the people for keeping the current system are just complaining about the state of the collection in general and are just blatantly grasping at straws. They should be in a different thread arguing on that point, not flimsily trying to explain how without the EXCESSIVELY large time gate it would be to easy.

Half? Based on what? Was there some poll that I was not aware of? Another fake statement.

The others are just trolls in so many flavors. They don’t have a point to make except to indirectly complain about how much effort they had to do to get to 150 LI at THIS point in time.

You weren’t even in a time gate, the content wasn’t released and you had no idea the requirements. Its only AFTER you know all the information can you try to explain how its “justified”. Cause your point is completely subjective to what Anet tells you, which means its not a point at all; just sour apples that the total could be less then what you put in (to this date).

I personally have no issue with it being 150 LI, but they need to add ways to increase the drop rate.

I personally think it should be more of a daily with weekly caps but letting us convert shards is sensible also.

If you could buy LI for 30 shards, that is +5 a week. For a time gate, telling people they need to kill on average 4 bosses a week is obtainable, but still a fair amount of work.

4+5(shards) = 9 = ~4 months. That is practical (but still annoyingly long).
Those that do kill all 9 in guilds +5 = 14 = ~2.5 months, which is still sensible for a time gate.

So people that disagree with you are trolls? Nice…

Whether or not we knew the exact requirements before hand doesn’t matter. We knew it was going to require a number of them and we got confirmation of the number to expect in April. You just had to work out the number and you’d get a rough estimate.

They do have ways to increase the drop rate. Do more bosses. As they add more raids, you’ll have even more opportunities.

A daily would totally trivialize obtaining insights so no.

The game already has easy mode rewards so go for those.

Harddrive.2738

That whole thing sounds like a rant. Sorry, is a rant.

Do more bosses, oh wow, wish we thought of that. face palm

Its pretty obvious people that say that are in raid guilds. Pugs are random, fragmented and massively time consuming. This has been confirmed by anyone that pugs.

Learn to read, “with a weekly cap”.

So at what amount of time does it stop being trivial? The take away from that tells us that time is irrelevant, and you just agreed with us that time gates are trivial.

So if people aren’t trolling and raging at the collection as being to easy, what exactly are you doing here?

You have lost no value in relation to yourself or others. If it costs 100 instead of 150, everyone still pays 100, only difference is you have 50 to spare. Are you saying you wouldn’t have raided those 50 LI had you known? Ironically you can’t say yes, because people that have 150 LI right now did so without knowing how many where needed.

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

I’m not in a raid guild and I have 153 insights.

People that raided since the start have by and large put in way more effort than those who start now and have waited far longer “timegate” than the 4 months.

We raided when there was no set groups, no meta builds, no guides, no LFG, nothing. What did we do? Did we cry and give up? No. We tried to network, make friends, build up our contacts and raid more.

Wanting to lower the LI requirement just devalues what everybody else has worked towards so far and also makes it so that more people are able to BUY RAIDS and get the legend armor since the requirement is lower they can just keep buying wing 1 on the cheap. Any prestige would be gone.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

(edited by fishball.7204)

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

It’s a classic game of some players not starting early – and now feeling left behind because they didn’t start early – so they’re going to ask the developers to artificially shorten the gap between them and their rewards because they can’t possibly be bothered to do all that work now considering others are so far ahead.

You guys are amazing – keep at it!

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

It’s a classic game of some players not starting early – and now feeling left behind because they didn’t start early – so they’re going to ask the developers to artificially shorten the gap between them and their rewards because they can’t possibly be bothered to do all that work now considering others are so far ahead.

You guys are amazing – keep at it!

I actually didn’t start early, am at around … 42 insights, and I’m perfectly fine with the time-gate. Currently, I’m consistently getting 8 insights per week, and the only reason I haven’t gotten Xera is I haven’t found a group that’s nailed down her strategy completely (even those she’s easy once you do get the gist of the fight).

Then again, I’ve been proactive about finding groups, to the point where, in 7-8 weeks, I have multiple groups wanting me on their static team.

Posted by: eldrin.6471

eldrin.6471

And lets not forget the lucrative business that has sprung up with the introduction of raids,that give some greedy folk massive profit,last night i seen wing 3 being sold for 1900g, now none of the folk coming on to this thread to argue in defence of 150 insights would do so in an effort to protect there profits would you.of course not.

(edited by eldrin.6471)

Posted by: aelfwe.4239

aelfwe.4239

150 LI are fine, 4 months for 6 armor piece are kinda balanced, it means from now on an hypotetical new raider can achieve a legendary armor piece in 3 weeks, not an huge deal compared to how loot works on standard dkp system in other mmo.

Aelfwe Dark Asura Mesmer\Thief,
FREE PYRO

eldrin.6471

Way to many trolls and hypocrites attracted to this thread. one section of players can milk another section for gold with the end beneficiary are the only people that could sort it.the thread is pointless.

Posted by: Katary.7096

Katary.7096

I don’t mind the 150 LIs, in fact I would be okay with needing more than that. Then again, I raid because it’s fun to me, not because I’m chasing a particular reward, so getting Insights just happens as a byproduct. That’s probably why it doesn’t feel like a grind to me.

eldrin.6471

What is legendary about 150? nothing,folk in statics already got close to that and will soon far exceed it .
to be truly legendary and something you must make real sacrifices for it should take a minimum of one year,9 raid bosses every week for just one year is more legendary is it not.please increase to 468 LI.

(edited by eldrin.6471)

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

38 insights here, Raiding’s been interesting with attempting to pug, assist my guild with it, and doing other things (SPvP backpiece, Astralaria).

Considering that the Precursor isn’t even out yet, I feel pretty confident that I will be able to earn LIs at a decent pace, at least 4 each week I hope from here, to get the rest of the Legendary Armor eventually.

I wasn’t aware though that the pieces get crafted one at a time, I wonder if there’s like a ‘weekly’ time-gate for each craft, pure speculation of course. If it were something like that, you would have to get 102 insights by the time you can craft the armor, and kill all the bosses for the following 5 weeks to make the full set.

…That sounds a little weird though for a time-gate. I wonder what they meant in that reddit post?

Edit: Did my math assuming 8 bosses, not 9, it would be 96 insights not 102.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Rashy.4165

There’s no reason why there’d be a time-gate for each piece of the armour, even if it’s made individually. You should be able to save up all the materials necessary and craft the armour in one session.

Rashy.4165

What is legendary about 150? nothing,folk in statics already got close to that and will soon far exceed it .
to be truly legendary and something you must make real sacrifices for it should take a minimum of one year,9 raid bosses every week for just one year is more legendary is it not.please increase to 468 LI.

This is exactly why you can’t be taken seriously. You go from one ridiculously tunnel-visioned suggestion to another ridiculous suggestion on the opposite extreme.

150 LI is a perfect balance.

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

And lets not forget the lucrative business that has sprung up with the introduction of raids,that give some greedy folk massive profit,last night i seen wing 3 being sold for 1900g, now none of the folk coming on to this thread to argue in defence of 150 insights would do so in an effort to protect there profits would you.of course not.

I have never sold a raid in Guild Wars 2. And in all honesty I would love it if it was impossible to sell the raid so that only raiders can get the armor and keep it out of the fat cats in this game. I hate people who abuse the TP by flipping kitten and adding nothing to the community and I wish they would all burn. I also wish it was impossible for them to get the armor. Hell increase it to 250, 300, 400, 1000 for all I care. I’ll get my insights 9 at a time and it will be near impossible for the terribles to get theirs then.

But since that won’t happen I can only hope that the remaining parts of collection 2 actually require skills to get and are solo instances so that no one can help with them.

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

There’s no reason why there’d be a time-gate for each piece of the armour, even if it’s made individually. You should be able to save up all the materials necessary and craft the armour in one session.

Agreed, which is why if I had to complain about anything, it would be that post which implies something blocks off crafting all the pieces at once.

…Or we are misreading it.

“Upgrading the precursor armor to legendary is done one piece at a time, so you can choose to only upgrade certain pieces if so desired.”

I believe this simply states that there’s flexibility in getting the pieces you want first, but if you have the mats for all of them, prepare to spend some time making 6 legendaries at once.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Ayrilana.1396

That whole thing sounds like a rant. Sorry, is a rant.

Do more bosses, oh wow, wish we thought of that. face palm

Its pretty obvious people that say that are in raid guilds. Pugs are random, fragmented and massively time consuming. This has been confirmed by anyone that pugs.

Learn to read, “with a weekly cap”.

So at what amount of time does it stop being trivial? The take away from that tells us that time is irrelevant, and you just agreed with us that time gates are trivial.

So if people aren’t trolling and raging at the collection as being to easy, what exactly are you doing here?

You have lost no value in relation to yourself or others. If it costs 100 instead of 150, everyone still pays 100, only difference is you have 50 to spare. Are you saying you wouldn’t have raided those 50 LI had you known? Ironically you can’t say yes, because people that have 150 LI right now did so without knowing how many where needed.

So instead of making arguments against a post you just just attack them with unconstructive comments such as “it’s a rant”?

I know, killing more bosses yields more insights and thus allowing players to who become more proficient to earn them at a faster rate than those just learning. Such a novel concept.

I’m not in a raid guild and I have absolutely no issue with the number of insights needed and how they’re earned. I’m also nowhere close to having the number needed to get all six pieces but I’ll be working on that shortly.

That’s a bit of a reach to suggest that I agree with you that gates are trivial. I have absolutely no idea how you managed to make that connection.

So you’re saying those that disagree with you are simply trolling? I could say that you’re trolling as well but you know what? It accomplishes nothing.

For one thing, the lost in value is what you had to do to earn it. Something that you can get after a few raid runs won’t hold as much value as something that takes many runs, for example. It sounds as if you didn’t do raids much until now, saw how behind you were in obtaining insights, and are now trying to argue for a lower number needed for the legendary armor pieces.

The current requirement rewards players who started raids at the beginning and became proficient. They deserve to have the armor first.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

One of the main reasons I don’t have an issue with the time gate. I need to use GW1 as my example and yes before anyone starts I know they are 2 different games.

I was one of the first wave of people in GW1 to get gwamm. I recall how everyone thought that was so cool because it was so rare to see that tittle. The amount of hours it took BEFORE Anet made the changes to dumb that title to oblivion was insane. Some of the titles earned to get gwamm required an easy 150-200 hours EACH. Bare in mind we needed 30 titles. Drunkard for example took 166 hours now people can get it in a matter of minutes because of the changes Anet made. Then we had Legendary Defender of Ascalon. That title took me freaking 3 months to get! Then what does Anet do? They throw in a handful of quest where people could get that one in a matter of days.

The list goes on and on, titles needed to get gwamm 100 hours here 200 hours there adding up to 1000’s of hours just to get that one final title. I guess my point is there was a time when gwamm was considered a worthy title, but because so many people kvetch and moaned Anet dumb that title so bad a 6 year old can get it now. I mean it’s so common I though Anet was giving them as login rewards.
I was not upset so many had gwamm I was upset because once gwamm was something worth having representing dedication. Then anet turned it in nothing but a gold sink and made it the equivalent of a first year mini and a white one at that.

So don’t carry on about 4 months or 6 months or even 9 months to earn something, Give it time and with enough kvetching and moaning Anet will start giving the pieces of legendary armor as daily login rewards.

Hopefully I’m wrong and Anet doesn’t do to legendary armor what they did to gwamm. There is nothing wrong with 150 nor the time gate.

(edited by danielrjones.8759)

Posted by: ChanxThexMan.1078

ChanxThexMan.1078

It could be helpful to stop posting here if you need more kills for LI and start raiding a bit more.

Posted by: Urosh Uchiha.9732

Urosh Uchiha.9732

It could be helpful to stop posting here if you need more kills for LI and start raiding a bit more.

But what if I cleared all wings on Monday and now I have 6 days to post here?

Posted by: ChanxThexMan.1078

ChanxThexMan.1078

Then we’re stuck together in this boat AND WE’RE HAULING TO AURIC BASIN TO GET SOME ECTOS!

eldrin.6471

new raiders seeking to work there way towards 150LI are are faced with one lot of people on lfg asking for high numbers of insights as a requirement to join them and another lot selling the runs to get the insights.that to me seems a very unhealthy environment for a new raider to enter.

(edited by eldrin.6471)

Ayrilana.1396

new raiders seeking to work there way towards 150LI are are faced with one lot of people on lfg asking for high numbers of insights and another lot selling the runs to get the insights.that to me seems a very unhealthy environment.

Then they can create their own group. Every player has the ability to hop onto the LFG and create their own ad.

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

In my opinion, if one is doing raids mostly or solely for Legendary armor, then they are doing it wrong.

NSPride <3

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

In my opinion, if one is doing raids mostly or solely for Legendary armor, then they are doing it wrong.

Lots of people play content specifically for certain shinies, and there’s nothing wrong with that. I’m currently playing WvW specifically for the Triumphant armor set, for instance, and I’m enjoying it as a result of the rewards encouraging me to try it.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Harddrive.2738

So instead of making arguments against a post you just just attack them with unconstructive comments such as “it’s a rant”?

I stated the obvious than went in to make the points in a fairly structured manner.
You on the other hand continue to rant for the most part.

That’s a bit of a reach to suggest that I agree with you that gates are trivial. I have absolutely no idea how you managed to make that connection.

I suggest you read what I said, it’s pretty straight forward.

Let’s try to refocus this, in 3 sentences or less explain why it’s soooo wrong to keep the time gate at 4 months or less for the average raider.

(edited by Harddrive.2738)

Ayrilana.1396

I stated the obvious than went in to make the points in a fairly structured manner.
You on the other hand continue to rant for the most part.

I suggest you read what I said, it’s pretty straight forward.

Let’s try to refocus this, in 3 sentences or less explain why it’s soooo wrong to keep the time gate at 4 months or less for the average raider.

I’m not ranting. Please look up what ranting actually is. It is not someone that disagrees with you. Thanks.

Harddrive.2738

Wanting to lower the LI requirement just devalues what everybody else has worked towards so far and also makes it so that more people are able to BUY RAIDS and get the legend armor since the requirement is lower they can just keep buying wing 1 on the cheap. Any prestige would be gone.

Your so called devalue on something we can’t spend yet from a reference point of “so far” is complete non-sense.

If we where having this conversation last month when you only had 100, would there have been value lost? (no) Or if it happened 1 month from now and you had 200 LI, you just lost 100 in value.

At what point does having more LI then the collection requires stop summing towards lost value in comparison to the actual cost? Was it when Aet told you the value and when you realize you don’t need to raid anymore? Does it upset you that others with more accurate information might get the same reward with less effort?

It all just sounds like simple sour apples.

fishball.7204

That’s not how value works. The legendary armor has value to me because it is prestigious and requires multi month skilled based method to obtain (LIs).

Any reduction to LI required would devalue it in my eyes. This has nothing to do with numbers of LI but rather the act of decreasing the total required. Even if I had 0 LI it would devalue the whole thing for me.

Like the guy who posted somewhere above, they nerfed GWAMM into oblivion and made everything ezpz. Raid legendary armor is literally the only thing which isn’t ezpz and you want to get rid of that, you can bet I’m sour if you try to do that.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

(edited by fishball.7204)

Harddrive.2738

If you want it to be harder, I can give you some suggestions.

Kill all bosses while nake (no armor)
You can only use axe as a weapon (either hand)
Anytime a boss says DIE, you sit down.

Just make it harder, your welcome.

But really, who thinks a random time gate defines legendary anything?

fishball.7204

The fact that you think nomads anything makes it harder means you’re not skilled.

I’m glad you’re having trouble getting the 150 LI because you don’t deserve it.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Harddrive.2738

Your right, its been updated. Good catch.

Just because you have a fetish for punishment and think Anets not making it hard enough to obtain the armor is not the topic at hand.

Defending a bad mechanic to compensate for the other 50 or so requirements is silly.

Posted by: LegACy.1296

LegACy.1296

But really, who thinks a random time gate defines legendary anything?

Well, it could be “legendary dedication” (or “legendary amount of free time”)

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Forum bug…….

150 boss kills for 150 LI is completely excessive. It is neither fun nor necessary.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

Posted by: gaerlin.4850

gaerlin.4850

Please dear ArenaNet do not listen to whiners.
It is LEGENGARY Armor, collecting MUST take a lot of time. And it can be even (oh my God!) unreachable for some people.

eldrin.6471

A major problem with asking that the number of insights be lowered is its rubbing some players up the wrong way as they see a lot of profit to be made from selling runs.
some of these guys are already at or around 150 LI and what else are they going to do with all that raid experience they got but sell runs to help those less able to get there insights.They could be helping less experienced,but they wont do that with all that gold to be made.let me be clear i have no problem with players selling raids,i do take issue with the hypocrisy of some of them having the cheek to come on this thread to argue against lowering the LI needed to get legendary armour

(edited by eldrin.6471)

Ayrilana.1396

A major problem with asking that the number of insights be lowered is its rubbing some players up the wrong way as they see a lot of profit to be made from selling runs.
some of these guys are already at or around 150 LI and what else are they going to do with all that raid experience they got but sell runs to help those less able to get there insights.They could be helping less experienced,but they wont do that with all that gold to be made.let me be clear i have no problem with players selling raids,i do take issue with the hypocrisy of some of them having the cheek to come on this thread to argue against lowering the LI needed to get legendary armour

You’re one of the ones buying the raid clears. Just because some people are selling raids doesn’t mean that everyone is doing that. Whether or not someone sells raids has no bearing on the legitimacy of their argument either.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

For the 20th time people are tired of your false equivocation.

Just because you buy raids, does not make that the sole reason or any reason people are not agreeing with you.

If you’ve got a legitimate complaint that isn’t your wallet hurting for lowering LI’s which people can actually discuss or a feasible solution that can be discussed then do that instead of this flippant pandering and gross distortion of a problem you’ve created for yourself.

eldrin.6471

For the 20th time people are tired of your false equivocation.

Just because you buy raids, does not make that the sole reason or any reason people are not agreeing with you.

If you’ve got a legitimate complaint that isn’t your wallet hurting for lowering LI’s which people can actually discuss or a feasible solution that can be discussed then do that instead of this flippant pandering and gross distortion of a problem you’ve created for yourself.

again my words are taken by you and twisted and distorted. i did not say every one objecting to the lowering of number of LI needed was selling runs.but are you claiming that this has not happened on this thread? and who are these people that elected you to speak on there behalf on this thread.like every one else on this forum you speak for your self.

(edited by eldrin.6471)

fishball.7204

I don’t sell raids. Never have never will since I don’t want low skilled players buying their way to legendary armor.

Unfortunately other people sell raids but at least with 150 LIs it becomes unfeasible for the majority to buy their way through to legendary armor.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

eldrin.6471

Skill is far from being the only barrier between players and legendary armour.
accessibility and those 150LI that we are disusing come to mind.
And the amount of personal skill needed is questionable.
but i gave up just at the thought of all the time i would need spend on lfg trying to get in a group and learn the mechanics with total strangers.i dont play this game to sit on lfg for hours every day.i always thought with this game it was log in and play and have fun.log in and sit on lfg for hours to find a group and probably fail,several attempts latter get a kill. and so it goes on for week after week month after month with no end in sight for 150 insights. to me these things come between me and the game i enjoy playing.

(edited by eldrin.6471)

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

So what would you do if there were no people around selling raids? Cry in a corner because you cannot get the armor at all?
Seriously dude, if you are spending all the huge amounts of real money for buying raidkills to get some pixels in an online game that get deleted as soon as the servers close, then you have much bigger problems than not being able to aquire 150 insights.

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

Posted by: VenomousEX.4012

VenomousEX.4012

but i gave up just at the thought of all the time i would need spend on lfg trying to get in a group and learn the mechanics with total strangers.i dont play this game to sit on lfg for hours every day.i always thought with this game it was log in and play and have fun.log in and sit on lfg for hours to find a group and probably fail,several attempts latter get a kill. and so it goes on for week after week month after month with no end in sight for 150 insights. to me these things come between me and the game i enjoy playing.

I pugged all my 126LI and I still need another 4 bosses for this week. Which I will get most likely on this weekend. Im working too and I dont see problem that you are facing. Sure I wont get kills sometimes due to time constraint, but its suppose to be a legendary journey to craft those legendary armor. It will take time and Im fine with it which Im sure many people are fine with it too. Legendary weapons and armors shouldnt be sellable or buyable in the first place. Tips that I can give is just get better in the mechanics and encounters and people will add you up in their friend list for future raids. Good luck.

eldrin.6471

I pugged all my 126LI and I still need another 4 bosses for this week. Which I will get most likely on this weekend. Im working too and I dont see problem that you are facing. Sure I wont get kills sometimes due to time constraint, but its suppose to be a legendary journey to craft those legendary armor. It will take time and Im fine with it which Im sure many people are fine with it too. Legendary weapons and armors shouldnt be sellable or buyable in the first place. Tips that I can give is just get better in the mechanics and encounters and people will add you up in their friend list for future raids. Good luck.

you are 126 insights and are fine with it being 150.you need 24 of course your fine with it.and as for your tip. you cant claim to have puged your insights then talk about doing raids with folk on your friends list.some guys pug it every week and every week its different folk they play with,hence the struggle to make progress on the insights.as has been made clear its mostly folk who already got or are close to 150 who are fine with it.

(edited by eldrin.6471)

Ayrilana.1396

you are 126 insights and are fine with it being 150.you need 24 of course your fine with it.and as for your tip. you cant claim to have puged your insights then talk about doing raids with folk on your friends list.some guys pug it every week and every week its different folk they play with,hence the struggle to make progress on the insights.as has been made clear its mostly folk who already got or are close to 150 who are fine with it.

And you pay for raid clears so of course you’re against needing 150 insights total as it would be cheaper for you if it were lower. I can do ad hominems too.

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

He will dispute everyone’s claim of pugging raids and doing it successfully since it doesn’t advance his view point, if VenomousEx used his friends list doesn’t sound like a organized static raid group since it probably isn’t the same 10 people at the same time every week, he probably sees who’s on and raids with them when they can, pug doesn’t have to mean from LFG

eldrin.6471

I do not dispute his claims and honestly did not think doing a raid or anything else with friends counted as puging it.as for advancing my view point what exactly is it your doing.

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

6 months ago there was thread after thread how maxing mastery points took far to long. The complaints poured in daily. Comments similar to… Anet must be crazy to expect this much grind….. it will take some people months or years…. Anet expects to much from the players.

3-4 months later the complaints poured in how unfair it was that all experience earned after maxing mastery lines was useless and what a waste it was for people to earn exp and nothing to do with it. Not that I disagree with the later.

imo it doesn’t really matter how many li are needed, eventually it will join the ranks of complaints like……I have all these extra li…..Anet they are worthless……Anet put something in the game to make them useful again.

@eldrin one thing is certain you are one very persistent person. That is commendable imo. Just a lot of people disagree with you. I am one who disagrees, not so much for the same reasons as everyone here but some I do agree with.

For me it has nothing to do with exclusivity as far as the have and have nots for lack of a better phrase but it has to do with finally Anet put something in the game that requires dedication persistence and the willingness to become a better player over all. I do understand that these words are subjective but for me then mean exactly the direction Anet is going with this. Time/grind/no facerolling.

Posted by: GameGuard.8610

GameGuard.8610

Im totally not for lowering, casual player base already won so far wing 3 hardness is a joke it is so easy. Getting 150 insights is not hard in any manner if you just raid weekly learn the fights, start with pugging meeting better players and start forming your own, then move on to msking a group that meets together every week. When rauds first started we where warned about insights . Sure they never gave a amount. But they did say if you kill bosses on a weekly basic that missing some bosses here and tgere you will still have enough by time armor comes out.
To say its unfair for amount that it take you months is dumb.
Raids are not for everyone, they are for higher end player base. To give in and lower insights just becuz you started raids late or not good enough player to beat the bosses isnt a reason.
Im not great at pvp the back item i have not gotten yet and be 2 more seasons til i do. But i wont complain due to im just nor great at pvp , i like the fact i cant get it easily or as fast as your beyter pvp player.
When i started raiding i wasnt great i didnt even get a sab kill for first month due to largely of fact i wasnt good enough nor had friends that were. So i stuck it out learned how to raid, pugged alot. After time i was killing all 3 bosses with same people everyweek, sure they still pugs but i formed lists and asked around. By time wing 2 came out . I was pugging so much getting kills everyweek. But still no static group. I even pugged more then shard cap and after i had all kills. Just for the experanxe. 4 months ago i got into a nice static group. Sure they werent the best. But we were killing 5 of 6 bosses at reset within a couple of hours. Mind you not best but was learning alot together. Now my group kills all 9 at reset 3 to 4 hours of work. Yes time wise we still need work but it working and we improve.

If you wanna have the armor you need to do the work. Yes its alot n very time gated. But thats what makes it great. It pushes you to learn and get better as a player. If pugging not working for you , then it means you not putting the work in. Dont just sot in a bad raid group, help others learn from others. Im not the best at gaming, im barely above casual. Thiu i do have 136 insights now all achvos for raids and working on last line for armor, lacking the gold is why im not ready yet. I have a habl8ng issue lol.
Please anet dont lower cost id rather it be raised to 200 or even 250. Then also make the raids harder, i like getting pushed to become better at gaming raids is what ive enjoyed most of gw2.