[Request] Please lower LI for Legendary Armor

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

Forum Bug is the hardest Raid Boss, no question.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Posted by: Harddrive.2738

Harddrive.2738

Wait…. so I ask for methods to speed up the process to great resistance, only for you to suggest the exact same thing but outside of raids….

OMG make up your mind, inside raids, outside raids, who cares, LI is LI. We don’t want 4+ months of pointless grind.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Wait…. so I ask for methods to speed up the process to great resistance, only for you to suggest the exact same thing but outside of raids….

OMG make up your mind, inside raids, outside raids, who cares, LI is LI. We I don’t want 4+ months of pointless grind.

Fixed it for you. You don’t speak for everyone.

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

OMG make up your mind, inside raids, outside raids, who cares, LI is LI. We I don’t want 4+ months of pointless grind.

well i dont want 4+ months of pointless grind either.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

It’s not pointless. You played the game and earned something relatively exclusive. It served its point.

The more you know!

Posted by: eldrin.6471

eldrin.6471

He speaks for most people playing this game who dont like pointless grind.
But since they are locked out of raids in the first place most of them are not going to come on a sub section of the forums for raids to discus the number of insights needed for armour they have very little chance of ever getting. difficulty,accessibility,150LI

(edited by eldrin.6471)

Sykper.6583

OMG make up your mind, inside raids, outside raids, who cares, LI is LI. We don’t want 4+ months of pointless grind.

When players had to grind as it were more than 4 months for getting their Legendary Weapons even now, there were little complaints as it were acknowledged that it was an extremely long-term goal for anyone.

From my standpoint, having to ‘grind’ 4+ months for multiple pieces of Legendary Armor, of which you can literally start building the pieces one at a time within a few weeks, is not a grind whatsoever, that’s a better progression imo.

150 LI for the Forsaken Thicket set is fine, even at the pace we get now. We will likely see LI acquisition elsewhere in a non-raid fashion (The one thing both Raiders and Non-Raiders agree with, just so there’s a Legendary Armor set that’s non-raid exclusive that those who really, really hate raids can earn), and if not I believe the next Raid will likely do another set of Legendary Armor of which, lo and behold, you can earn LIs from there as well.

It’s only logical.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Ayrilana.1396

But since they are locked out of raids in the first place most of them are not going to come on a sub section of the forums for raids to discus the number of insights needed for armour they have very little chance of ever getting. difficulty,accessibility,150LI

Most people? Was there a survey conducted that I missed?

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

Pointless grind for me is farming sw over and over again or doing similar things. Raidbosses, however, are the most fun content in the game for me and are not a grind at all, and if it would be 300 inisghts it would still be ok for me because the time until i have the required amount of insights is fun.

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

eldrin.6471

take a look at most of the threads about HOT, and what was it the spring patch was fixing.the only place on these forums you will find people ok with excessive grind is this one.and thats because some of them got there insights already and want keep this armour as exclusive as possible,then you got those that are selling runs.

(edited by eldrin.6471)

Lendruil.9061

take a look at most of the threads about HOT, and what was it the spring patch was fixing.the only place on these forums you will find people ok with excessive grind is this one.and thats because some of them got there insights already and want keep this armour as exclusive as possible,then you got those that are selling runs.

No.
Grinding experience for hot masteries was not fun but felt like artificial content that was stretched. The raiding community however likes the raids, and that’s why most people here are ok with 150 insights because aquiering them is fun.

eldrin.6471

Were are you getting most from? i would say its around 50/50 on this thread.whats fun to one player is not always fun to another.and as i have said some of those in favour of 150 on this thread have questionable motives .ie already got what they need or selling runs.
im sure there is a few truly like grinding raid bosses,but not anywhere close to what you claim.but maybe from the perspective of some one thinking of getting in to raids for this armour 150 LI is just a bit to much.and that might harm raids in the long run.

(edited by eldrin.6471)

insanemaniac.2456

Pointless grind for me is farming sw over and over again or doing similar things. Raidbosses, however, are the most fun content in the game for me and are not a grind at all, and if it would be 300 inisghts it would still be ok for me because the time until i have the required amount of insights is fun.

gosh a lot of people dont think sw or similar things are pointless grind, just the easiest way to make some gold. perhaps you are not qualified to define pointless grind either.

Sykper.6583

Were are you getting most from? i would say its around 50/50 on this thread.whats fun to one player is not always fun to another.and as i have said some of those in favour of 150 on this thread have questionable motives .ie already got what they need or selling runs.
im sure there is a few truly like grinding raid bosses,but not anywhere close to what you claim.but maybe from the perspective of some one thinking of getting in to raids for this armour 150 LI is just a bit to much.and that might harm raids in the long run.

More like 70/30 in Raider’s favor, there has been far more individual voices that like the current raid system, and the same…4-5 people that have posted the same thing in every possible raid thread imaginable. I could name them right now if you wanted.

Of course, we can then suggest that forum posters have no relevant say on the population at large as we can’t be representative given the sample size of maybe 20 individual posters. So we can only do one thing, have a discussion. I think we have beaten the horse long enough though, fairly certain Arenanet has seen all the arguments imaginable posted.

I will say this though, even the Raid devs were going to be under the impression that Raiding would cause quite a bit of ‘salty tears’ from us. I would not be surprised if this entire discourse was exactly what they intended to happen.

Suicidal Warrior.
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Posted by: Coconut.7082

Coconut.7082

gosh a lot of people dont think sw or similar things are pointless grind, just the easiest way to make some gold. perhaps you are not qualified to define pointless grind either.

Good point! No-one here is qualified to define pointless grind, because grind is all about perspective.
For some 150 LI seem like a grind, and for some SW seems like a grind.
There will always be someone who is unhappy.
Anet made raids the way they are, adapt, or don’t do them (and stop kittening complaining), it’s that simple!

Harddrive.2738

People for keeping it at 150 LI fall into these categories: (let me know if I missed any?)
1. Sour apples, they already put in time and in there imagination feel they would lose value if it was lowered.
2.Troll, they don’t make any logical arguments or mostly just complaints about the rest of the collection; I have no doubt a good % of them are raid sellers.
3. Confused and lost, "where am I? what is the topic? I like raids but have no interest in its rewards, here is my opinion ".

TexZero.7910

Tossing labels around is a sure fire way to show that you have nothing of merit when it comes to your point of view. It even goes to show the character of the person behind it, and frankly speak if anet caters to that kind of person they would create a toxic environment far greater than any they have seen before.

As stated earlier several people are fine with the number and don’t meet your silly artificial labeling device.

Coconut.7082

People for keeping it at 150 LI fall into these categories: (let me know if I missed any?)
1. Sour apples, they already put in time and in there imagination feel they would lose value if it was lowered.
2.Troll, they don’t make any logical arguments or mostly just complaints about the rest of the collection; I have no doubt a good % of them are raid sellers.
3. Confused and lost, "where am I? what is the topic? I like raids but have no interest in its rewards, here is my opinion ".

1. kittens
2. kittens

Coconut.7082

I want you to look up what Grind means in MMO terms, and smack yourself for this comment. There’s only so much ignorance one can handle.

no. i will not smack myself over your unconstructive and rude comment. i will stand behind my comment, because obviously you missed the word “pointless”. idk how. i said it twice.

One of the biggest issues you can introduce into an MMO is creating a ‘grind’ that is efficient for something like currency. Silverwastes is a problem child, it gives way too much for so little effort, and people will mindlessly grind it without even touching other content. At least until they get bored of the game and leave as either they won’t put the effort into other content that doesn’t pay out at the same level. GW2 would be better off if Silverwastes were outright removed from the game as it promotes an unhealthy relationship between the player and the game in general.

It would be one thing if Silverwastes were brought down to a level where you can only get the most rewards from it daily much like how the HoT Metas work now, but you can literally spend hours everyday there. That’s why it’s a grind, and it’s also why it is pointless to have in this game. Asking for more content like Silverwastes is asking for a Korean MMO.

There’s an idea, let’s have Vinewrath kill rewards be a daily reward, a good start to stopping the endless train.

lets also gate a set of legendary trinkets behind getting 500 drops from the daily rewards for doing sw, dry top, and the HoT metas. dont worry, the drops are guaranteed and the trinkets will require 100 each, so you can work on them one at a time to break it up and get a trinket every 2.3 weeks. plus you have a choice in which map you do, so you dont have to do the ones you hate the most, but thats gonna make the process take a little longer.

Yeah, let’s do that!
I feel like this is too much of a “grind” for me, therefore I wont be making those trinkets (instead of whining on forums), because I’m a logical person.

Harddrive.2738

As stated earlier several people are fine with the number and don’t meet your silly artificial labeling device.

And even more are not, are you denying the existence of the very thread you in?

Call it what you want but it sounds like you fall into the sour apples group. Although if you feel #3 or #2 are a better fit, let us know.

People sure are fixated on the 6 piece thing for the armor, anyone can divide the total by 6 to get a smaller number to try and make it sound better. Lets pretend like we want the entire set.

But most of the point of THIS topic is that this 2.7 week per piece or 4 months for set is not realistic. All 9 bosses per week is almost a pipe dream for pugs which is the vast majority of raid players.

Sykper.6583

I want you to look up what Grind means in MMO terms, and smack yourself for this comment. There’s only so much ignorance one can handle.

no. i will not smack myself over your unconstructive and rude comment. i will stand behind my comment, because obviously you missed the word “pointless”. idk how. i said it twice.

One of the biggest issues you can introduce into an MMO is creating a ‘grind’ that is efficient for something like currency. Silverwastes is a problem child, it gives way too much for so little effort, and people will mindlessly grind it without even touching other content. At least until they get bored of the game and leave as either they won’t put the effort into other content that doesn’t pay out at the same level. GW2 would be better off if Silverwastes were outright removed from the game as it promotes an unhealthy relationship between the player and the game in general.

It would be one thing if Silverwastes were brought down to a level where you can only get the most rewards from it daily much like how the HoT Metas work now, but you can literally spend hours everyday there. That’s why it’s a grind, and it’s also why it is pointless to have in this game. Asking for more content like Silverwastes is asking for a Korean MMO.

There’s an idea, let’s have Vinewrath kill rewards be a daily reward, a good start to stopping the endless train.

lets also gate a set of legendary trinkets behind getting 500 drops from the daily rewards for doing sw, dry top, and the HoT metas. dont worry, the drops are guaranteed and the trinkets will require 100 each, so you can work on them one at a time to break it up and get a trinket every 2.3 weeks. plus you have a choice in which map you do, so you dont have to do the ones you hate the most, but thats gonna make the process take a little longer.

Done! That is an easy timegate to pull off. I know you are trying to be snarky, but when most of the Ascended Trinkets are gated behind Laurels, have an trinket that can literally change its stats on the fly that I can get in under 3 weeks if I do different open-world content daily? Whereas I would have to wait about a Month per Accessory if I don’t get Guild Commendations? I can then spend my laurels on those really hard to get T6 materials, Powerful Bloods needed to drop in price anyways!

I can ignore getting the rings, those drop literally everywhere and Fractals give them out a dime a dozen, so honestly getting 2 Legendary Accessories and a Legendary Amulet would be about 300 tokens, or just 50 days. And it gets people going into all the zones if they want to max their tokens earned.

Good game buddy, you clearly have a grasp on what we need to balance Legendary Rewards out!

Suicidal Warrior.
“Seriously, just dodge.”

TexZero.7910

Call it what you want but it sounds like you fall into the sour apples group. Although if you feel #3 or #2 are a better fit, let us know.

People sure are fixated on the 6 piece thing for the armor, anyone can divide the total by 6 to get a smaller number to try and make it sound better. Lets pretend like we want the entire set.

But most of the point of THIS topic is that this 2.7 week per piece or 4 months for set is not realistic. All 9 bosses per week is almost a pipe dream for pugs which is the vast majority of raid players.

It’s perfectly realistic, your expectations however aren’t.

Unless you know the most recent patch somehow entirely removed your ability to

1) Use LFG
2) Add Players to friendslist
3) Create your own guild
4) Type anything whatsoever in game.

You have so many tools available to you, use them. Find yourself a way out of this perceived impossible task of killing 9 bosses a week. This goes for anyone whose complaining about “PuGs”. Anyone who is complaining about them is the problem, not the 150. Maybe just maybe if that alleged 50% of players who are against the requirement worked together they’d see its not unreasonable.

But that would require something that i feel is lacking between all of you, the innate desire and leadership qualities to do so.

Posted by: william dj.6953

william dj.6953

One of the repeated arguments is, anyone can pug raids. So complaining about not being able to raid is ridiculous. So no LI shouldn’t be lowered.

Then some of the same group arguing to keep it at 150 for that very reason turns around and say….Raids are not meant to be pugged.

lol so which is it?

Either way this is just the tip of the iceberg on this topic.

Sykper.6583

One of the repeated arguments is, anyone can pug raids. So complaining about not being able to raid is ridiculous. So no LI shouldn’t be lowered.

Then some of the same group arguing to keep it at 150 for that very reason turns around and say….Raids are not meant to be pugged.

lol so which is it?

Either way this is just the tip of the iceberg on this topic.

I don’t know who might have said that raids weren’t puggable. The intent of Arenanet might be that they weren’t going to be puggable, but clearly they underestimated how good the playerbase was, and how easily they can form raid teams and go in there.

I think the better position is that Raids shouldn’t be puggable, to groups that just want to press 1 and afk. That’s probably the position we don’t want to come about.

Suicidal Warrior.
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Ayrilana.1396

They are six INDIVIDUAL pieces. Equipping one is no different that equipping a weapon, backpack, or any other item.

insanemaniac.2456

Done! That is an easy timegate to pull off. I know you are trying to be snarky, but when most of the Ascended Trinkets are gated behind Laurels, have an trinket that can literally change its stats on the fly that I can get in under 3 weeks if I do different open-world content daily? Whereas I would have to wait about a Month per Accessory if I don’t get Guild Commendations? I can then spend my laurels on those really hard to get T6 materials, Powerful Bloods needed to drop in price anyways!

I can ignore getting the rings, those drop literally everywhere and Fractals give them out a dime a dozen, so honestly getting 2 Legendary Accessories and a Legendary Amulet would be about 300 tokens, or just 50 days. And it gets people going into all the zones if they want to max their tokens earned.

Good game buddy, you clearly have a grasp on what we need to balance Legendary Rewards out!

don’t forget each will require a gift of t6 mats. and they’ll have stats you can currently only acquire in raids, dungeons, lw s2, and a couple that just plain don’t exist, so rings are actually worth having too.

additionally, doing all 6 maps every day will likely take all of your play time. and doing the collections associated with the set will take you a couple days at most, so all you’re waiting on is doing metas over and over and over. but yeah since you like doing metas over and over and over, np.

Harddrive.2738

They are six INDIVIDUAL pieces. Equipping one is no different that equipping a weapon, backpack, or any other item

So?

How does calling it 6 pieces change anything? Do you expect us to stop after 3 or 4 or 5?

Your just trying to complicate it, we want the SET, so we call it as it is.

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

You may want the set but it is acquired as individual pieces, and Legendaries are a long term goal, every Lgendary is gated behind something, if you aren’t willing to put the time or maximize your chances of achieving requirements you have no reason to complain.

It’s like me saying map completion is a huge time Gate barring me from receiving a Legendary weapon. It’s over 52 months so far since I don’t PvE.

eldrin.6471

You may want the set but it is individual all individual pieces, and Legendaries are a long term goal, every Lgendary is gated behind something, if you aren’t willing to put the time or maximize your chances of achieving requirements you have no reason to complain.

It’s like me saying map completion is a huge time Gate barring me from receiving a Legendary weapon. It’s over 52 months so far since I don’t PvE.

since when does map completion involve finding 9 other people to do it with?
imagine how much longer it would take if you did need 9 other people.as has been said 150 insights are fine for guys with static.whole different issue for most folk puging it,

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Again Raids were not made for Pugs, the legendary armor was not made for pugs as the Target audience, pugs don’t even make up the Majority of Raiders.

Sykper.6583

Again Raids were not made for Pugs, the legendary armor was not made for pugs as the Target audience, pugs don’t even make up the Majority of Raiders.

I…would say they make up a considerable amount, even guild run raids might have a few pugs in them.

Suicidal Warrior.
“Seriously, just dodge.”

eldrin.6471

and you base that on what? were do you pull such information from?

Posted by: ryandeniszorro.6735

ryandeniszorro.6735

Can we move topic from “we hate eldrin coz we think different” to actual reason for and against lowering li req?
Many of u relate amount of li to skills , that complete bollox.
Others relete to dedication , this may be but then again its a lot free time or constant team.
Achievement is surely not since no grind is actual acchievent.
So what is it ? What is the reason for anyone to support 150 li ?
To me its in same pocket with supporting rng on ecto (oh the pain ) .

TexZero.7910

Can we move topic from “we hate eldrin coz we think different” to actual reason for and against lowering li req?
Others relete to dedication , this may be but then again its a lot free time or constant team.

So let me get this straight…..its a time constraint.

Yet, the people complaining have hours to waste on forums. Will admit to openly farming “map of the month” for hours…..

But yet some how magically taking 45 minutes to watch video’s or read a guide is somehow an unfathomable burden of time. Somehow spending 1hr a night is some unfathomable constraint.

I don’t buy it. You guys made the choice to not get into raids, not find a group etc…

You made your bed, and you know how the saying goes. You can sleep in it too.

Sykper.6583

Because it’s a number that shows adequate time dedicated to a particular task, no different than why players could dedicate a lot of time completing the Auric Weapons set or something of that kin.

It filters out based on:

- Whether or not you can kill raid bosses
- Whether or not you can consistently kill raid bosses to meet a pace

Legendaries have always taken a large time and gold sink. 150 LIs are required for not just one Legendary Piece but a full 6 set of armor! SIX Legendaries that will take up slots forevermore on a character.

There’s the argument for keeping LI at 150, what’s your argument for lowering it again?

Suicidal Warrior.
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Lendruil.9061

and you base that on what? were do you pull such information from?

https://m.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3mhe1y/twitchcon_day_2_panel_1_designing_raid_in_hot/?ref=readnext

Can you PUG these?

Mike Z: if you are really really good PUG group. Maybe? Maybe for the first 1-2 bosses. We want these to be a true challenge.

http://massivelyop.com/2015/08/31/pax-prime-2015-guild-wars-2-is-never-getting-a-raid-finder/

“[For raids,] we focused on players working together on really challenging content. I believe that is part of community building. We cater to a ton to different playstyles. We have content that you don’t have to group for and some that you can do in ad hoc groups. Basically, you can go anywhere you want to join in with other players already.”

They never planned to release a raid lfg, they did so afterwards because people kept spamming the open world lfg.

Ayrilana.1396

They are six INDIVIDUAL pieces. Equipping one is no different that equipping a weapon, backpack, or any other item

So?

How does calling it 6 pieces change anything? Do you expect us to stop after 3 or 4 or 5?

As I said, you earn each piece individually. It’s no different than you would for the weapons, backpack, and trinkets. Skins being time-gated is nothing new. Many of the skins tied to rewards tracks are just that way.

You need to understand that raids were designed for players that wanted high challenging content. The rewards are catered to those same players as well. Adjusting the requirement down so that anyone can get the rewards without much effort, or won’t have to pay so much when they buy their runs, is wrong. Anet already panders to the lowest common denominator in the other areas of the game. There’s not reason that they should for this one.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: william dj.6953

william dj.6953

Raids are not meant to be pugged, so you have no right to complain if you are unable (doesnt matter what reason) to make a static group or find a raid guild. Every raid boss kill you get while pugging should be just considered a nice bonus.

@Skyper seen similar post to the one above. And this mindset is mentioned more than once in this thread.

Think it’s interesting the comments, raids are not for pugs, and -it’s your fault if you havent pugged. By the same group of people wanting to keep it at 150

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

I’m in three raiding guilds. Each one has at least 50 members, one pushing 200.
So far, only one member of all of those guilds thinks that 150 LI is too much. Everyone else (not all of them have been raiding since the start) feel 150 LI is a fair balance.

That’s a good chunk of people who are part of the raiding community and put in the effort to join a raid group. They’ve earned their Insights fairly.

Harddrive.2738

Someone make a thread to complain about how weak the legendary armor collection is.

That should clear out all the off topic posters for the LI time gate issue.

Ayrilana.1396

Someone make a thread to complain about how weak the legendary armor collection is.

People disagreeing with what the OP suggested isn’t off topic.

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

OPs post is complaining about the time-gate for LI. OPs tone also suggests that they’re not a regular raider, because the words “forced to grind” is getting thrown around a lot. A dedicated raider, or even someone who’s fairly regular and enjoys raids (despite not being able to kill 9 bosses per week), will not be throwing around those words. OP is also comparing the weekly “grind” of doing raids to the Manifesto quote on “swinging a sword”. OP also uses 50 weeks for all three Legendary armour sets as an argument, when most people probably won’t be crafting all three sets, even if the option is available.

Disagreeing with the OP is on-topic. 4 months per armour set is not a severe time-gate.

Harddrive.2738

Disagreeing with the OP is on-topic. 4 months per armour set is not a severe time-gate.

You don’t read, why are you here?

The primary issue, and this has been said many times, is that its completely unreasonable to think most raid players can get 9 boss kills a week for various reasons. Which is where the time gate issue comes in, turning that 4 months into more like 6-12.

Just make the LI time gate reasonably obtainable at 4 months, how could you possibly complain if that turns the time gate into ex.2 months for guild raids?

Fractals by comparison, there time gate made you play fractals and was super easy. Unless you skipped, you could finish in the minimum time. Asking people to kill 3-6 raid bosses a week is far more difficult then fractals and would still be longer.

Its not even about dropping the LI from 150, but making them less time restricted.

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

150 LI is fine,

what irks me is the 300 provisioner tokens.
no skill, no nothing,
just a handfull of gold or crafting that you have to WP out to a particular place and trade off a particular thing to a particular person. and you can only do a handfull per day….

that… is irritating.

insanemaniac.2456

150 LI is fine,

what irks me is the 300 provisioner tokens.
no skill, no nothing,
just a handfull of gold or crafting that you have to WP out to a particular place and trade off a particular thing to a particular person. and you can only do a handfull per day….

that… is irritating.

both of them are kittening miserable.

Harddrive.2738

I’m doing 3 tokens a day which is 3.6 months. Just do VB: carrion greatsword, assasin sword, and cleric hammer. Pretty easy to just WP to the far one and glide back to the others after events. There are others but considering the LI time gate, why bother?

It also a DAILY so speeding it up is really easy.

Ayrilana.1396

I’ve been getting 10 a day and only have two days left. I skipped the apothecary ones (only 2) since they were so expensive when it was cheaper to just extend this out a few more days.

Posted by: Phil.8901

Phil.8901

Suggestion:

Challenge mode for every boss

2 li if you kill the boss with challenge mode activated.

More fun, more challenge, faster rewards if your team is good.

Posted by: Huttunen.8309

Huttunen.8309

120 LI would be far better, IMO
Still over 3 months, and way more friendly for people with no consistent groups. I feel like people who suffer through the journey with pugs will find the items even more prestigious, than people from speedclear guilds who can easily get all the wings done in one night

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

So?

It’s kind of weird you say you want something, yet don’t know how it’s going to look like nor are willing to put some effort/time in.