[Request] Please lower LI for Legendary Armor

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: boolah.1325

boolah.1325

I think it should be a little higher, maybe 30-35. It’s not supposed to be easy to get.

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

It’s not unreasonable to want non raid legendary armor but it is kinda unreasonable to request a nerf to the raid one just because people want it.

I don’t go into PvP asking that they make it easier to get The Ascension and I’d rightly so get laughed out of there.

You don’t because you have alternatives for legendary backpacks or weapons. Only armor offer no alternatives.

I’m all for making stuff(stuff not skin) extremely hard to get as long as the way to get it isn’t a game sentence of ultimate boredom and frustration. Offer alternatives or be prepared to lower the number of bananas you ask ppl to ingest (not everybody likes bananas all that much) on their way to whatever you have locked behind a pile of bananas.

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Let’s make all dungeon armor available for just 1 token each. Let’s make all items from the HoT vendor just one currency each. After all, it won’t hurt anybody…

I think your reading skills need some more practice. Seriously, this kind of ridiculous straw man is what make forums so kitten aggravating so often.

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

The onus is on ANet to create armor that is legendary and isn’t tied to raids.

If ANet actually made another legendary armor set that’d just be a win win for everybody. Raiders get their set, no change. Other people who hate raids, get their set. 2 different sets, different skins, different playstyles.

Trying to settle for less LIs as a lesser option would probably cause more harm than good in the long run. You should be pushing for ANet to add non raid legendary armor instead of trying to get LIs nerfed.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

If ANet actually made another legendary armor set that’d just be a win win for everybody. Raiders get their set, no change. Other people who hate raids, get their set. 2 different sets, different skins, different playstyles.

Trying to settle for less LIs as a lesser option would probably cause more harm than good in the long run. You should be pushing for ANet to add non raid legendary armor instead of trying to get LIs nerfed.

I agree completely. The only reason most ppl complain is because of the lack of alternative.

I myself like to do some raid occasionally and I do have a few LI but the logistic of it all in the context I have to play make 150 LI an obscene amount to get. They didn’t just make a collection that asked ppl to clear all of the raid to get it. They force ppl to repeat it all ad nauseam.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

If Anet would make a new set for non raiders, it would either look “worse” or the raiding parts like 150 LI would get replaced by another immense and probably time gated grind. People would still complain for sure because it wont be less time consuming to get.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Let’s make all dungeon armor available for just 1 token each. Let’s make all items from the HoT vendor just one currency each. After all, it won’t hurt anybody…

I think your reading skills need some more practice. Seriously, this kind of ridiculous straw man is what make forums so kitten aggravating so often.

Your interpretation skills need some practice. It’s not a strawman as the whole concept is around the argument that some are making that if it doesn’t hurt anyone then it is okay. Asking for the LI needed to be reduced is no different than asking for the currency needed for anything else in the game to be reduced.

Posted by: eldrin.6471

eldrin.6471

letting us buy insights with margonite shards at a rate of 100 shards for 1 insight and letting those with extra insights use them to buy margonite shards could help both sides in this.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

letting us buy insights with margonite shards at a rate of 100 shards for 1 insight and letting those with extra insights use them to buy margonite shards could help both sides in this.

This would only actively promote fail state farming till you’re shard capped for the week.

We don’t need the game to promote that.

eldrin.6471

This would only actively promote fail state farming till you’re shard capped for the week.

i do not see how,as it would take 2 years to get 150 insights at a rate of 100 shards for 1 insight buy failing.

(edited by eldrin.6471)

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Your interpretation skills need some practice. It’s not a strawman as the whole concept is around the argument that some are making that if it doesn’t hurt anyone then it is okay. Asking for the LI needed to be reduced is no different than asking for the currency needed for anything else in the game to be reduced.

The problem comes from you replying to all and not to the one or two you say you were targeting then. From what I’ve been reading that argument was not really the core of the problem for the vast majority. Yes, some did use poor argumentation but that is hardly what most have a problem with.

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

If Anet would make a new set for non raiders, it would either look “worse” or the raiding parts like 150 LI would get replaced by another immense and probably time gated grind. People would still complain for sure because it wont be less time consuming to get.

1) Why would it have to look worse? I mean, seriously?

2)The 150 LI would be replaced by something equivalent but I don’t see the problem if what you have to do to get it is fun to you. Getting “badges of honor” is going to be natural for WvW players for example because they would play WvW regardless of the fact there is an armor to get or not.

3)People mostly complain about what they have to do for so long not just that it is long.

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

how is that not already promoted. raids are the only way to obtain a bunch of stat combos that are strictly better than their core analogues. if i could have 20k shards right now this instant, i would easily be able to spend them all on new gear for 10+ different toons. there is no reason i shouldnt be fail state farming (unless im able to complete encounters for more shards/hour).

the fact that some people are saying they have nothing to buy with their shards currently is something i find entirely ridiculous.

and for the record, im not in favor of adding a shard<->LI conversion.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

how is that not already promoted. raids are the only way to obtain a bunch of stat combos that are strictly better than their core analogues. if i could have 20k shards right now this instant, i would easily be able to spend them all on new gear for 10+ different toons. there is no reason i shouldnt be fail state farming (unless im able to complete encounters for more shards/hour).

the fact that some people are saying they have nothing to buy with their shards currently is something i find entirely ridiculous.

You answered your own question you can caps shards just by completing the events and boss fights.

As is you’re not rewarded for fail state farming.

Ayrilana.1396

The problem comes from you replying to all and not to the one or two you say you were targeting then. From what I’ve been reading that argument was not really the core of the problem for the vast majority. Yes, some did use poor argumentation but that is hardly what most have a problem with.

I’ll try to quote people more often in the future.

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

If this requirement was made 4 years or so ago people would all be like “I thought you said no grind philosophy?”

These days its “Everything has a price, grinding doesnt matter”

Personally I’ll be glad if can finish the bosses once. Getting it done so many times after that effort feels like a cheap way to keep people playing.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Malediktus.9250

If this requirement was made 4 years or so ago people would all be like “I thought you said no grind philosophy?”

Personally I’ll be glad if can finish the bosses once. Getting it done so many times after that effort feels like a cheap way to keep people playing.

welcome to MMOs where rewards make replayability
A MMO without any grinding would be dead after 3 months unless it had thousands of developers to make half an expansion sized content patch every 2 weeks.

insanemaniac.2456

You answered your own question you can caps shards just by completing the events and boss fights.

sure you are. you can get exclusive ascended gear.

(edited by insanemaniac.2456)

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

sure you are. you can get exclusive ascended gear.

This will hopefully be addressed with the next Living Story.

I do hope for future development where stat combos are entirely restricted to raids. That’s a lesson I presume they will agree with.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Posted by: Harddrive.2738

Harddrive.2738

Being a glut for punishment is hardly a reason to not change the LI. I don’t see whats stopping you from grinding pointlessly AFTER you get the required LI?

Its pretty obvious whoever designed the LI had no idea of how raids work for 80-90% of the raid player base (aka, not in a good raid guild). Designing content that takes the average player 6-12 months to complete just doesn’t happen on purpose when your trying to grow a player base.

Those opposed can’t even give a straight answer as to why LI system shouldn’t be changed/adjusted. They have lost no value in relation to anyone else, and having more can do no harm.

I’ll say it again, we don’t care if you think the rest of the collection is easy, go complain about it in your own thread. The LI system is completely absurd in it own right and thinking that it defines the armor as a whole is absurd in its own right. Surely 300 provisioner tokens would be more defining then 150 LI by that logic?

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

Its pretty obvious whoever designed the LI had no idea of how raids work for 80-90% of the raid player base (aka, not in a good raid guild). Designing content that takes the average player 6-12 months to complete just doesn’t happen on purpose when your trying to grow a player base.

No, you are the one that has no idea. Raids were never ever designed for the average player. Your assumption is wrong from the start.
Raids also haven’t had the intention to grow a player base, they were a major concession to players being bored of the open world content and players seeking for a true challenge.
Raids shouldn’t cater to 80-90% of the playerbase, there are several official statemens underlining this. The possibility to pug them shows us that they are easy enough to handle but they weren’t meant to be.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

FrizzFreston.5290

A MMO without any grinding would be dead after 3 months unless it had thousands of developers to make half an expansion sized content patch every 2 weeks.

Im just pointing out the contrast. Obviously there’s a balance. This doesn’t mean that any grinding is okay because MMOs need grinding. There’s definitely areas in the game that could be turned down some to make it more enjoyable for more than people with nothing else to do.

Posted by: Chris McSwag.4683

Chris McSwag.4683

Im just pointing out the contrast. Obviously there’s a balance. This doesn’t mean that any grinding is okay because MMOs need grinding. There’s definitely areas in the game that could be turned down some to make it more enjoyable for more than people with nothing else to do.

Yet another person twisting the meaning of no grind philosophy to fit their own opinions. The philosophy is about NO MANDATORY GRIND, I.e. Not releasing new level caps or tiers frequently. The legendary armor has the same stats as ascended, is by no means required(but possibly nice to have) and does therefore not go against the philosophy. Someone starting now need to do 9 bosses, once a week for 16 or so weeks and while the time gate is there it can hardly be called a grind. It’s 2-3h per week for a good group, not too bad hey?

[eS] Ethereal Synergy
DPS Benchmarks, Raids, Low-mans etc.

Posted by: Nana.9512

Nana.9512

lol only 25?
That’s totally fine imo. When I saw this thread, I thought it would be much more, like 60+LI for a piece.

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Yet another person twisting the meaning of no grind philosophy to fit their own opinions. The philosophy is about NO MANDATORY GRIND, I.e. Not releasing new level caps or tiers frequently. The legendary armor has the same stats as ascended, is by no means required(but possibly nice to have) and does therefore not go against the philosophy. Someone starting now need to do 9 bosses, once a week for 16 or so weeks and while the time gate is there it can hardly be called a grind. It’s 2-3h per week for a good group, not too bad hey?

It is a LOT more than 2-3h for ppl who have to pug it all tho. I’m still trying to find myself a raid guild that will accept to have a player that hasn’t clear all bosses yet.

The Spanish inquisition I have to face each and every time I pug a group (ping everything including your underwear and answer this 200 pages survey about you) make it so painful to even try raid that it has simply become not worth it at all.

What is truly sad about content like the raid is that it isn’t really the content that is hard. It’s getting enough ppl to do it.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

The game threw it’s “no-grind” philosophy out of the window not even a month after release and MMOs don’t work without grinding anyway, so there is no issue imo.

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

The “no grind philosophy” means, that you don’t have to grind to have the best gear, this means stats, runes and sigils. Anet always said that this is different for skins. Legendary armor however is the same like ascended armor, only the skin is different.
I do agree though, that getting ascended gear can be very grindy for newer players, which is actually against their originally stated “no grind philosophy”. This is another topic though.

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

Posted by: Chris McSwag.4683

Chris McSwag.4683

Yeah, I totally understand that pugging makes this an extremely long process, especially if you’re stuck in a catch 22 where you can’t get experience because groups demand you to already have it. Raids(and legendary armor) weren’t balanced around pugging tho.

Finding a group isn’t always the easiest, but guild like rti and dkb(both eu) seem to have pretty good communities going and without the same experience requirement as many of the hardcore guilds. If you’re on na I can probably give you some contact details as well, feel free to pm if you wish.

[eS] Ethereal Synergy
DPS Benchmarks, Raids, Low-mans etc.

FrizzFreston.5290

I specifically put it in quotation to illustrate the contrast rather than saying “arenanet said…” and “its my opinion that…” So no, I did not twist anything, you misunderstood. The point is more, whenever any criticism against any repeating tasks/grind appears there are many people who jump the gun in equal force and saying its fine without even thinking twice either.

While I agree that it’s not hugely grindy for a legendary set with the full raid wing out and being successfull at it, I wanted to point out that there is a great deal of effort involved just finishing the raid for people without a solid group. Considering raids are mostly challenging content inherently, makes the added timegate/repeating of said raid rather arbritrary.

Instead of said timegate, doing some of the more challenging achievements each week could easily be a good incentive to not just do the raid but also reward extra challenges.

Malediktus.9250

I think it should be 100 LI per piece (so 600 per set) to make having a full legendary armor set truly prestigious and a rare sight.

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

I think it should be 100 LI per piece (so 600 per set) to make having a full legendary armor set truly prestigious and a rare sight.

What would be prestigious about it if I may ask? I mean, the feat is being able to defeat the bosses. Doing so 10 billions more time simply show you have a lot of time and are well connected in the raid circle not that you are capable of it or not.

Maybe you mean the armor will feel more exclusive. In that case it is true. Very few could reasonably be expected to have the conditions to even try it. But that has nothing to do with prestige or skill.

insanemaniac.2456

it wouldnt be more prestigious than if it required 10 per piece. either you can do the raids or you cant, the perception of any kind of prestige here is very binary.

we only had to beat liadri once, yet “the blazing light” (or the mini) was probably the single most prestigious visible thing in the game up until the 2nd release of the pavilion.

Malediktus.9250

it wouldnt be more prestigious than if it required 10 per piece. either you can do the raids or you cant, the perception of any kind of prestige here is very binary.

we only had to beat liadri once, yet “the blazing light” (or the mini) was probably the single most prestigious visible thing in the game up until the 2nd release of the pavilion.

The title “the blazing light” was part of the 2nd release of the queens gauntlet, not available in first release. And it was easy to cheese with retaliation/life leeching if I recall right. The title should have been for the harder 8 orbs achievement if you ask me.

insanemaniac.2456

The title “the blazing light” was part of the 2nd release of the queens gauntlet, not available in first release. And it was easy to cheese with retaliation/life leeching if I recall right. The title should have been for the harder 8 orbs achievement if you ask me.

ok, the mini then. my point stands. my memory isnt perfect.

Harddrive.2738

No, you are the one that has no idea. Raids were never ever designed for the average player. Your assumption is wrong from the start.
Raids also haven’t had the intention to grow a player base, they were a major concession to players being bored of the open world content and players seeking for a true challenge.
Raids shouldn’t cater to 80-90% of the playerbase, there are several official statemens underlining this. The possibility to pug them shows us that they are easy enough to handle but they weren’t meant to be.

Funny, I specifically made sure I said “average raid player”. Making your whole statement utterly pointless and misrepresenting.

How long are you going to stay in denial? It costs money to make raids and maintain them, they aren’t stupid enough to throw money away to make 5% of the player base happy. They are trying to build the brand and player base.

The words “raid” and “legendary armor” are massive selling points, if you put people off because of pointlessly long time gates, your just shooting yourself in the foot.

Sykper.6583

Hey all,

Can we stop with this 5% bogus nonsense? It’s definitely much higher than that. Indications from the frequent reddit polls that come up suggest that about 20% have tried and liked Raids, but there’s a large percent (around 45%) would like to at least get into them. I believe everyone knows the reddit poll I am referring to, and I think it’s a decent indicator of interest in raids in general.

Thanks!

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Harddrive.2738

Does anyone take reddit seriously? For any reason?

Sykper.6583

Does anyone take reddit seriously? For any reason?

I would take community polls that give hard data than this fake 5% number uninformed players parrot around like it is some sort of gospel.

Suicidal Warrior.
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Harddrive.2738

So any feedback from Anet?

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

Funny, I specifically made sure I said “average raid player”. Making your whole statement utterly pointless and misrepresenting.

You said “Designing content that takes the average player 6-12 months to complete just doesn’t happen on purpose when your trying to grow a player base.”, not me.
The goal was never to grow a playerbase with raids. The goal was to keep a playerbase that were willing to leave the game although it has brought progress for the game (bugfixing) and money for Anet.

How long are you going to stay in denial? It costs money to make raids and maintain them, they aren’t stupid enough to throw money away to make 5% of the player base happy. They are trying to build the brand and player base.

The words “raid” and “legendary armor” are massive selling points, if you put people off because of pointlessly long time gates, your just shooting yourself in the foot.

I am nowhere near of denying anything but like Anet stated they’ve had sort of a plan. They are satisified of the number of players connected to raids (official statement). It’s also doubtful that the announcement of raids have brought a massive influx of new players to the game when GW2 has always been in the niche of MMOs. And even if so, what’s the matter with it, lol?
I don’t see anything of “shooting yourself in the foot” only because Mr. Harddrive is saying so.
Raids are fine, 150 LI for the are fine too since you are able to learn specific encounters in just a few weeks within pugs, if you are not stupid and ignorant.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

insanemaniac.2456

Hey all,

Can we stop with this 5% bogus nonsense? It’s definitely much higher than that. Indications from the frequent reddit polls that come up suggest that about 20% have tried and liked Raids, but there’s a large percent (around 45%) would like to at least get into them. I believe everyone knows the reddit poll I am referring to, and I think it’s a decent indicator of interest in raids in general.

Thanks!

lol 20-45%.

yeah not even 1/2 of the playerbase cares enough to look at reddit. and most of the people who dont are casuals who are prolly not interested in raids, meaning any survey of redditors will be heavily skewed towards showing extra interest in raids.

Sykper.6583

Hey all,

Thanks!

lol 20-45%.

yeah not even 1/2 of the playerbase cares enough to look at reddit. and most of the people who dont are casuals who are prolly not interested in raids, meaning any survey of redditors will be heavily skewed towards showing extra interest in raids.

You cannot back up this claim. Furthermore when I am looking at the data I am not thinking ‘Well shoot, this game only has around 4000 people playing’ rather instead we can choose that as a decent sample size for the GW2 population. There’s a possibility the reddit community has a bias for raids, and a same possibility that they might have no interest in raids (This was one of the answers polled, it was about 40% had no interest in raiding whatsoever).

However, given all that’s been said relevant to GW2 raiding from the devs who admitted seeing higher than anticipated raid participation, the near constant stream of LFM/LFGs for Raiding akin to the old days of Dungeoneering, the praise/hate for raids in general…the thought that only 5% of the population has a constant interest or would repeat the content becomes less and less likely.

That 5% value actually came from someone introducing WoW’s Raid Statistics too, which makes it even more questionable.

Suicidal Warrior.
“Seriously, just dodge.”

eldrin.6471

There is no way of knowing the percentage of players that do raids.but no matter what it is only a small percentage of them can kill every raid boss every week.and even those who can might not find repeating what was meant to be a challenge over and over every week for months.some people can watch the same movie hundreds of times,most cant/wont.
mo said there primary task was to entertain us.grind is not entertainment.

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

I know gw2efficiency isn’t a perfect way to kitten how many raid. But if we use their data it doesn’t look all that great.
But I also believe more and more will start raiding and even more when armor is out.

No idea why that put kitten but to say a different way is —isn’t a perfect way to figure out how many raid.

eldrin.6471

I know gw2efficiency isn’t a perfect way to kitten how many raid. But if we use their data it doesn’t look all that great.
But I also believe more and more will start raiding and even more when armor is out.

No idea why that put kitten but to say a different way is —isn’t a perfect way to figure out how many raid.

That huge time gate caused by the 150 insights might just put a few of them off.

insanemaniac.2456

Hey all,

Thanks!

lol 20-45%.

You cannot back up this claim. Furthermore when I am looking at the data I am not thinking ‘Well shoot, this game only has around 4000 people playing’ rather instead we can choose that as a decent sample size for the GW2 population. There’s a possibility the reddit community has a bias for raids, and a same possibility that they might have no interest in raids (This was one of the answers polled, it was about 40% had no interest in raiding whatsoever).

However, given all that’s been said relevant to GW2 raiding from the devs who admitted seeing higher than anticipated raid participation, the near constant stream of LFM/LFGs for Raiding akin to the old days of Dungeoneering, the praise/hate for raids in general…the thought that only 5% of the population has a constant interest or would repeat the content becomes less and less likely.

That 5% value actually came from someone introducing WoW’s Raid Statistics too, which makes it even more questionable.

i can back up that claim. look at the subs to /r/guildwars2. then look at how many copies of HoT sold. theres an order of magnitude of difference and it will give you a ballpark that clearly shows my statement is not wrong.

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

then look at how many copies of HoT sold

Link?

Ayrilana.1396

Well they can just drop it down to 48 insights total for 8 insights per piece. The only thing being that now the insights are tied to a weekly achievement where beating any three bosses awards a single insight. You only get credit from a boss once per week so no doing Gorseval in one instance and then having someone create another.

You now need less insights, it’s more difficult, and now you can obtain legendary armor quicker.

insanemaniac.2456

Link?

i dont have one but it can be derived from the earnings spike from ncsofts report for the relevant time period and is somewhere around several million. check reddit, theres always a thread on earnings there.

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Link?

i dont have one but it can be derived from the earnings spike from ncsofts report for the relevant time period and is somewhere around several million. check reddit, theres always a thread on earnings there.

Sub has ~129k people.
By doing some “math” and assuming a lot of stuff like gem store sales not increasing with the release and that everyone bought cheapest version of HoT I ended up with ~ 281k – ~300k copies sold.
That’s really not that big of a difference.