Request: Video of Post Patch CoF Path #2 Completion!

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Vimes.2645

Vimes.2645

On my server all PUG groups have started to use the exploit when magg is putting the bomb at the door to the final door, i find it pathetic since the dungeon is perfectly doable without exploiting, ive finnished the instance 10 times today without exploiting.

I hope they all get banned.

Posted by: lorazcyk.8927

lorazcyk.8927

It doesn’t exclude casual players.

Make friends or join a good guild (who are not impatient people and like to improve themselves)
Play with them. Become familiar with their play-style, their strengths and weaknesses.

Set up a day to do a dungeon.
Login, do dungeon. Be patient and help each other. Take some time before and after each failed or successful part of the dungeon to discuss what’s happening, what went well, what went bad, how to do it better next time.

Ran out of time and need to go offline? Say good bye, say you had fun, plan to do the dungeon another time.

Even if you can’t finish it, you’ll get better and better each time. By the time you’re skilled enough to finish it, you’ll all be cheering and high-fiving each other.

Posted by: Abriel.4103

Abriel.4103

and still no video? whyy?

I posted the video 4 hours ago. It’s about 15 posts up.

And I think it’s pointed out that given the state your group was in at the end, the success is tributed more to luck/flute than a proof of anything. Justl like prefeft, most people still die at the end. I died most of the time, and the occassional runs that I survived can be tributed to luck.

What people mean is that if this is intended, then it should be a calm and control fight that if you do thing right, the result is mostly guaranteed. We do not argue that it’s “impossible” to get passed, since many people already did get passed it, including me. The fine point we’re contesting here is that According to the dev, people can stand and fight, kill the mobs as they come and come out alive.

Oh and also this is a lvl75 dungeon, I would love to see how a lvl75 party to pull that off.

Posted by: Rislod.7120

Rislod.7120

Even then it only centers on a specific group of people (not social class – elitist/fanboy/casual). And then you rely on waiting for everyone to be on, have the time, and then be able to do the dungeon. (which becomes WoW all over again. raids)

I’m not saying CoF as a dungeon, or any dungeon for that matter is excluding casual players. But the people saying that that is the ONLY way to get it done and “do it or dont” are simply talking out of their gluteus maximus. I ran dungeons with randoms all the time, no problem in GW1 or GW2 pre-patch (not including CoF, which i had only ran for a week). The attitude of all these “oh i’m good, so you must be good” and “you gotta be hardcore” people is just a bunch of fecal matter.

Elite dungeons should not be limited to guild-only/group oriented people. Some people prefer to be on their own and not join a guild. They run with other people of the same nature, but they probably only meet them every once in a while.

Fun has a very broad definition and varies from player to player. But having events or dungeons that limit the amount of players who are able to finish them is bovine feces.

Posted by: Hellkaiser.6025

Hellkaiser.6025

@lorazcyk:

Yes, do all of the above, realise you can’t do it with the current composition reliably, that you’re not specced or geared sufficiently, that the dungeon is prone to bugs that make x amount of time a waste of your time if the events become bugged out and can’t be completed, as well as wasting your resources in terms of silver, or realise that outside of being near overgeared or stacking classes to abuse certain mechanics and ignoring underpowered weapon sets traits, gear etc etc or styles, using VOIP communication that you’ll fail and it will all be a frustrating grind for NOTHING.

I didn’t leave WoW, to then be suckered into buying a horrid grindfest game willingly, so why on earth at the moment does it feel like that is EXACTLY what is in danger of happening?

This is the EXACT opposite of what is wrong with WoW, I just got out of Cm story mode post buffs, and honestly?

I hope the dev that changed them NEVER works in this industry again, and I personally respect a man’s profession and don’t like to see anyone out of the job, I’m even more angry than about the CoF buffs on the “GEAR CHECK” bomb arming event

OH, and I wouldn’t be high fiving my party members, I’d be questioning the mindset of the IDIOT that tuned them upwards towards the other IGNORED dungeons level of difficulty.

honestly… Rislod has the right word for it, whilst staying in the polite wagon

“bovine feces”

Irony…. xD

(edited by Hellkaiser.6025)

Posted by: Dogblaster.6713

Dogblaster.6713

Whole dungeon desing in gw 2 is reallybad. IT SHOULD BE POSSIBLE to do every boss, every encounter without anyone running back from waypoint so boss dont resset, etc. But what I experienced so far is this…. someone dies -> run from waypoint -> someone else dies -> run … etc etc so boss dont reset. There is no way someone can do CoF route 2 without anyone dieing and running inside.

Bad desing. Thats it. GIEF holy trinity and aggro management

Posted by: HolyCowBBQ.6371

HolyCowBBQ.6371

Theres a glitch in cof magg run? You can jump across the door while magg planting bomb? what about the chest after door xploded? can you explain this glitch so everyone knows so we can report people who exploits it?

Posted by: serena smith.2734

serena smith.2734

and still no video? whyy?

I posted the video 4 hours ago. It’s about 15 posts up.

yeah I saw that video (and thank you for that), but I was hoping someone would post a Full run video after this new patch. By the way I’m still waiting for someone to link it lol

When the wind is so strong that you almost can hear a whisper calling your name..
This is your calling, to The battle of your life.

Posted by: Elezen.2809

Elezen.2809

Theres a glitch in cof magg run? You can jump across the door while magg planting bomb? what about the chest after door xploded? can you explain this glitch so everyone knows so we can report people who exploits it?

Well u let magg die and not defending him when he plant the bomb then u jump accross that gate doing the ritual room event (1 chest) then u talk to him for him to plant the bomb without defending u just stay in the ritual room and wait there till the door explode then u got the chest outside (2 chest) and again u run inside for another chest (3 chest (Double end chest)) ….. that the glitch…. but when i did the dungeon properly while doing everything right the glitch still go on if Magg die at 100% (as the other guys say in hes post) … so honestly.. they should fix this thing realy hard because of that lot of people glitch without knowing it and while alot of people do that nobody should know if it right to do it or not…

Posted by: Stigma.7869

Stigma.7869

You guys are funny. Saying you quit and yet come here to post that you quit or uninstalled.

CoF did get buffed but it’s not unplayable or OP or anything. If you are a decent player to begin with you can still clear it in 20min. Stop whining.

The 200% bomb part didn’t really change anything. No one asking anyone to fight them mobs still. Yes it stupid decision to make by doubling the timer, teams can still kite the mobs until the timer runs out without a single death. yes the mobs are too difficult for a random group who have no idea what their roles and professions should be doing. However, If 200% is a deal breaker for you.. maybe you should practice GW2 more.

When you look into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you.

Vimes.2645

Yes theres an exlpoit with ppl jumping over the door before the bomb explodes, the whole pug community on my server is exploiting that as we speak.

Posted by: Abriel.4103

Abriel.4103

No one asking anyone to fight them mobs still.

Yes you’re right, no one is asking anyone to fight, in fact all of us try to find some way to kite. Well, almost no one, save for the very designer of this particular encounter, which is again, the fine point of the debate.

Posted by: Elezen.2809

Elezen.2809

Yes theres an exlpoit with ppl jumping over the door before the bomb explodes, the whole pug community on my server is exploiting that as we speak.

You’re right even in my server they just doing it so i dont realy do this dungeon alot of time now… and when i do they want to jump accross that door .. i tried to explain them it a glitch/exploit they kick me from the party just…%$$#$

Posted by: serena smith.2734

serena smith.2734

You’re right even in my server they just doing it so i dont realy do this dungeon alot of time now… and when i do they want to jump accross that door .. i tried to explain them it a glitch/exploit they kick me from the party just…%$$#$

Report ’em :P

When the wind is so strong that you almost can hear a whisper calling your name..
This is your calling, to The battle of your life.

Hellkaiser.6025

practice WHAT exactly? chaining barriers? being one shot if you’ve not spent days farming an exotic set or bought it with gems?

there’s already a few sarcastic joke video’s on youtube claiming the best pvp ele build is to “press escape and make a thief” flawed arguments and that made by them, but challenging to me is not being downed in a second flat by horribly tuned monsters…. it will NEVER be challenging to fight back from death every couple of seconds unless my teammates are not so overwhelmed that i’m faster just dying and respawning.

People don’t WANT to quit the game they are THREATENING to quit the game, and you’d do well to not belittle the threat, because it’s EXACTLY the same kind of garbage that happened with D3, and who ended up eating their own smug attitudes along with a nice dose of humble pie in the end on that?

cos it WASN’T the playerbase.

You players who think this is ok are the ones that make me the most nauseous, you’ll defend any changes up until the game is rendered unplayable, then you’ll claim it’s all working as intended. you like being punished and treated like garbage, ignored and lied to, because you kid yourselves into thinking you’re uber hard for dealing with it, and that other players who clearly walk away in disgust are just “pansies” and “can’t handle a real mmo hurhur” when really all they do is pity how you have deluded yourselves into thinking that the developers are beyond making horrid mistakes.
How do I know you lot exist though? Well how else are games such as “flyff” and “aion” still bloody running? they’re TRAVESTIES of PAY2WIN etc and they all have this CRAPPY balancing which at some point requires you to use the cash shop or get annihilated. the existance of an “armor booster” is in itself a clear indicator that someone who shouldn’t have had a part in this game’s design got a word in….

Nip this garbage in the bud, or it will destroy any chance this game has of being anything but a glorified “it could have been the best of them all” reference for years to come.

edit: oh and I’m not surprised that people are still glitching the magg event, you’ve now made more players than EVER determined to beat your content you’ve overtuned by any means necessary EXCEPT by paying to beat it with real cash forcibly

Irony…. xD

(edited by Hellkaiser.6025)

Posted by: Death Aggro.9602

Death Aggro.9602

It’s not a gear check. It’s a coordinated effort check. The bump from greens/rares to exotic is very marginal. Throw in a random PUG full of exos vs. a balanced guild group on Vent all in greens and see who does better.

Why dony u do this then. Your just speculating and arguing for the sake of argument. Useless comment.

Hellkaiser.6025

@Death Aggro: I dont’ think he is making it for the sake of making it, I think he falls into the deluded category, and/or he just doesn’t care because it no longer affects him

What people are forgetting is they just buffed Cm story, it’s now so horribly casual unfriendly and unrewarding that it was vomit enducing

there was NOTHING wrong with it’s difficulty before. The arguments are cover ups imho opinion

Irony…. xD

Posted by: Stigma.7869

Stigma.7869

It’s easier to blame it on the gear than your individual skill. I have teams that run dungeons wearing nothing but low level gear to avoid any repair costs instead of wearing exotic or lv80 armor. If we can run dungeons successfully, then there must be something else going on aside from not doing a gear check. I also logged in to run CoF a few times to see how the new difficulty is. It is respectfully more difficult, but a lot of PUG groups still have issues with it when i party with them. And in my perspective they aren’t very good at this game. Maybe you guys should look into increasing your level of skill and team work rather than blaming gear that has near negligible stat contributions.

It’s not that dungeons are limited to guild specific groups, it’s that they require skill and coordination. It’s logical that guilds and non-PUG groups are better at this. If it’s too hard for you to adapt with new “PUG” players then you shouldn’t be in doing dungeons at all.

When you look into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Lol if they ban all the people currently exploiting CoF I don’t think there will be anyone left playing the game.

When 99% of players feel the need to exploit something because they see no other reasonable way to complete it then I don’t think the problem is with the players.

Posted by: Rislod.7120

Rislod.7120

@Stigma.

Your argument translates into:

“You suck, get better or get out”

That isn’t really helpful to anyone.

Posted by: Drakken.3427

Drakken.3427

Lol if they ban all the people currently exploiting CoF I don’t think there will be anyone left playing the game.

When 99% of players feel the need to exploit something because they see no other reasonable way to complete it then I don’t think the problem is with the players.

i like this post lol

Posted by: vicwolf.7862

vicwolf.7862

I think everyone is kinda missing the point here about this instance and ALL exploration mode instances.

Why should it be required that you be fulled decked out in exotic gear and level 80 to clear an instance that downranks you to a lower level? Why aren’t the instances just level 80 then? The downranking implies that it is intended for a specific level of player to be able to get through.

Posted by: Crucifer.2831

Crucifer.2831

You did not clear the event the intended way:

The intended way is to kill all the mobs before the next wave spawns – Per Robert Hrouda.

Furthermore you are in pre-patch full CoF gear. You need to go buy some level 70-74 greens/blues and re-attempt the fight as if you were a new person running explorable.

Then post a video of you getting your faces smashed in by the ridiculous damage.

Because that is the issue right now.

Posted by: lorazcyk.8927

lorazcyk.8927

Yes, do all of the above, realise you can’t do it with the current composition reliably, that you’re not specced or geared sufficiently

Oh, I forgot, AOE knockbacks would be nice too.
Anyway:
It was my first, and my guildmates first time, doing this dungeon. This was post-update, and none of us were aware there had been an update that would make the dungeon “impossible”.
We meant to do it in story mode but our one Puggie, entered it explorable mode (we didn’t notice until much later on).

I don’t know about all my guildies but if they’re anything like me we didn’t have fancy gear.
We were not aware of any buggy mechanics (if any)

The dummy Puggie was a person who speedcleared dungeons before. He kept making us rush a lot (“GO GO GO!”), so we played badly. He didn’t give us time to read dialog or see what the event asks us to do, note where things are or plan how we should go about things, he just rushed.
When we started ignoring him (pretending he’s not even there), it got much better.

Eventually we get to Magg. He says it’s going to be impossible, even if we were all Lv 80 and had the best gear. Note, none of us were on voice chat.

We had a mesmer, engineer, guardian, and I don’t remember the rest. This was really unorganized.

We tried Magg a few times following the Puggie’s idiot’s instructions. Eventually we said “screw it” and stopped paying attention to him. So we planned to how to procceed. Our mesmer tried to use portal, didn’t quite work. But we did try a few different things (ignoring the Puggie), and we nearly took Magg to the other side. *If only we didn’t have rubberbanding lag"

Most players got to the other side, one person died on the other side (at the end), I died almost at the end (awful rubberbanding from safe side to safe side).

Now, at this point, all we had to do is resurrect Maag. We had good resurrection skills, we could stealth him, we could protect him, we could have done it for sure.

But silly leeroy Puggie said he was going to do another dungeon, and once he left the game kicked the whole team out.

Aww It was so much fun, I wanted it to go on!

But if our silly uncoordinated group could do it, even without voice chat or any planning, I don’t see how more experienced players can’t do it. I’m a terrible player, my guildie will keep saying “Dodge the blossoms!” (in TA) and for the 4th time running the dungeon I’m still dying from blossoms (sorry guildie! I know I’m supposed to do it, but when I’m there alone I kinda freak out and forget! :P)

As I think back I notice a lot of things we could have done better, so other players who have more experience with the dungeon should be able to get past Magg if they open their mind a little.

I didn’t leave WoW, to then be suckered into buying a horrid grindfest game willingly

If you’re not willing to play anymore, you can go back to WoW or whichever game you desire, and I mean this with no snark. Why play a game you don’t like? Why even bother rant and rant and rant without any helpful ideas for other players, or asking them for tips? Surely you’re just trolling.

I’m sorry, your attitude is terrible, I suggest going for a walk and going to pick some flowers until you calm down!

Take a minute or two to breathe!

(edited by lorazcyk.8927)

Posted by: tonny.7580

tonny.7580

o shut who sey whe done it i just soo today how u to it u us the tourch explote there ad the bomb gate

Posted by: tonny.7580

tonny.7580

i just notins more and more explotes when i run no one kill it proper way and on forums the just sey we kill all of them but in truth the just go explote jumping truth is the bomb room food by one adlist one of the spawn was only silver great but not all of them becous this is the proplem ad sec there all silver great and u kill 3 9 ardy spawn on it

Vimes.2645

Yep, now everytime your part of an PUG, and you say you dont want to exploit the bomb the door part, you get kicked out of the group. I hope they all get banned for sure, since the instance is perfectly doable using the kiting method.

Just kill the first big dude that spawn, and then start to kite em, everyone just focusing on one target after the initial one goes down.

Did it 10 times yesterday with other people who did not feel the need to exploit or was interested in loosing their accounts by exploiting.

Is there an easy way to report exploiters ingame? or do i have to come to the website and do it?

Posted by: Loe.6351

Loe.6351

The intended way is to kill all the mobs before the next wave spawns – Per Robert Hrouda.

Furthermore you are in pre-patch full CoF gear. You need to go buy some level 70-74 greens/blues and re-attempt the fight as if you were a new person running explorable.

Then post a video of you getting your faces smashed in by the ridiculous damage.

Agreed.

How can someone brag when actually you ended the event waiting for a ress is a unknown mistery.

Posted by: afflaq.3947

afflaq.3947

Agreed.

How can someone brag when actually you ended the event waiting for a ress is a unknown mistery.

I wasn’t waiting for a res, I was recording the end of the event as it’s pretty obvious there’s not a chance that I would have had time to run back and re-engage prior to the event ending. And for what it’s worth, I did actually run back all by myself after the event was over.

Darkwing [hug], Charr Thief | Charred [hug] – Charr Elementalist | Crystal Desert

afflaq.3947

There seems to be a lot of entitlement and general QQ in this thread and it’s honestly probably to the point where it’s about to turn into a flamefest and should probably be locked, but I’d like to give my views on some of the opinions a majority of you seem to have. Wall of text inc.

• You shouldn’t need to be in full exotics to do explorable mode content
    I don’t personally believe that you have to. Does it make it easier? Yes. Is it 100% required? Absolutely not. As someone earlier said, a group that communicates well and is good at their profession could easily do this event in level 80 uncommons/rares without an issue.
  • I shouldn’t need to be in a guild or have a group of people that I play with regularly to do explorable mode content
    You don’t – that’s what my video was posted to prove. My video was not posted to boast about how good I was, because I certainly don’t think I’m amazing. The game is young, I’m new to it, and I’m still learning. The intent of the video was to show that a complete PUG WAS capable of doing the encounter as long as they were decent and laid out a plan prior to starting. Was everyone dead at the end? Yep. Does that mean we got lucky? No, not really. It means that it was our 2nd pull and people did good enough that pull to win. Our first pull was a wipe, the 2nd pull we scraped by and did better. If we had needed a 3rd pull, or I went back with that same group today, it would most likely be even easier and cleaner. I’m pretty sure that all of you think that everything should be a one-shot, but I don’t believe that’s the case. I think that there are a lot of people spoiled by another game, which I’ll address later.
  • It’s not possible to kill all of the mobs
    I agree, and I don’t think that it’s intended that you do. I think that you’re all interpreting Robert’s comments incorrectly – the quote from Robert’s original post says “I intended for you to fight those guys, not circle strafe them and aggro leash chain them.” — that does not say that the intention is for you to kill every single mob. Pick your high risk targets (Shadowlords, Fanatics, Hellstorms) and kill those, kite others. There’s a pretty big difference between aggro leashing and kiting mobs. Cripple/kite shadowsworn and kill the ones that matter. If you let the mobs that have low damage output kill you, you’re just not good at dodging/moving. Shadowlords, Fanatics, and Hellstorms have very high damage output and a large portion of the attacks that Fanatics and Shadowlords do are either ranged or AOE with pretty severe consequences for not moving/handling them appropriately. If you notice what I died to in the video, it was from a mixture of hellstorm’s flamethrower and the fanatic’s fire wall. Kill what matters and kite the rest.
  • This content should be accessible by everyone wah wah wah
    Why? Why are you so entitled that you think that because you’re not good enough to do it, it should be easier? Maybe the problem is you. If you spent half of the time trying to get better that you spend whining on the forums, a majority of you would be savants at this game by now. It has been said for months, and potentially even years, that explorable mode content was not intended to be easy, not intended to be something that everyone was capable of doing (particularly in the first month of the game), and 100% not something that was “required” for you to do. It’s intended to be for people who want to be constantly challenged, that don’t mind communicating or making changes to their abilities/traits if required, and want to do something above and beyond. It certainly feels like a lot of people in this thread have come from another game where the standard was addons doing all of the work for you and you just moved to the blue marker when the timer counted to 0. This isn’t that game. Stop trying to turn it into it. Some of us came to Guild Wars 2 looking for the challenge that stopped existing there.
  • Everyone on my server is exploiting the gates now and skipping the event
    I do hope that this gets fixed soon. I think that when you have a bypass like this that so many people start using it creates a divide in the community, and players who don’t want to bypass encounters should not be punished because the majority – that really shouldn’t even be doing explorable mode most likely – want to cheese something. I don’t think that I agree with banning players, because in some instances people get roped into doing something or just assume “well that’s the way it is, if I want to finish I guess I have to do this or have everyone hate me.” and it isn’t really fair to them, particularly with global character names and such. I do however believe that the people “leading” those groups should have some kind of infraction imposed upon them – maybe they should be locked out of the dungeon altogether for 10 days or something if that’s possible.
Darkwing [hug], Charr Thief | Charred [hug] – Charr Elementalist | Crystal Desert

Posted by: Myth.3715

Myth.3715

As of the patch my group is still running path #2 with little to no problems. The only significant changes are the lava field and the bomb room. The lava field is really absolutely no problem at all, and the last time we did the bomb room I didn’t die once. Yes I’m a support guardian, no we didn’t kill all of the mobs either. It’s more than possible and people seriously need to stop crying about it. If you can’t find four friends on your server to consistently run this instance with you need to re-evaluate your reason for playing.

Posting on the forums about your inability to hit keys on a keyboard should in no way make you feel any better about yourself. If you can’t cut it, don’t play. If you still want to play, realize you need to modify your play style to be successful. Stop crying on the forums and start working to be better players.

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

• This content should be accessible by everyone wah wah wah
    Why? Why are you so entitled that you think that because you’re not good enough to do it, it should be easier? Maybe the problem is you. If you spent half of the time trying to get better that you spend whining on the forums, a majority of you would be savants at this game by now. It has been said for months, and potentially even years, that explorable mode content was not intended to be easy, not intended to be something that everyone was capable of doing (particularly in the first month of the game), and 100% not something that was “required” for you to do. It’s intended to be for people who want to be constantly challenged, that don’t mind communicating or making changes to their abilities/traits if required, and want to do something above and beyond. It certainly feels like a lot of people in this thread have come from another game where the standard was addons doing all of the work for you and you just moved to the blue marker when the timer counted to 0. This isn’t that game. Stop trying to turn it into it. Some of us came to Guild Wars 2 looking for the challenge that stopped existing there.

The problem with your theory is that eventually all the “elites” are going to stop doing them. And then what? If they are not meant to be done by casuals and the upper elite portion of the players has no interest in dungeons because they’ve either got everything they want or they no longer consider it a challenge then what is the point of the dungeons?

Content that no one uses is wasted dev time. Content that only a small portion of the player base can use is just as wasted.

I love hard stuff. I love challenging stuff. But making it so only maybe the top 5% (being generous) of the population of the game can do it is stupid and wasteful.

What Anet should have done was have each path of a dungeon be a different difficulty and adjust rewards for each path according to difficulty. That way the casuals and pugs can get the gear they want and it might take longer sure, but they’ll have it even though it takes them twice as long as the harder paths. And then the elite super hardcore coordinated guild groups could do the harder paths and get their stuff in half the time. Everyone is happy and rewarded appropriately for the effort they put into playing the game.

I’m not saying I want the dungeons to be come so easy you can just auto attack your way through it while watching Jerry Springer on tv. But if you don’t give all the people playing the game access to all the content in the game (if they are willing to invest the time) then the game is going to bleed players and die a slow death for lack of interest. And that is in no ones best interest, Anets or the players, hardcore and casual alike.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

afflaq.3947

The problem with your theory is that eventually all the “elites” are going to stop doing them. And then what? If they are not meant to be done by casuals and the upper elite portion of the players has no interest in dungeons because they’ve either got everything they want or they no longer consider it a challenge then what is the point of the dungeons?

Content that no one uses is wasted dev time. Content that only a small portion of the player base can use is just as wasted.

I love hard stuff. I love challenging stuff. But making it so only maybe the top 5% (being generous) of the population of the game can do it is stupid and wasteful.

What Anet should have done was have each path of a dungeon be a different difficulty and adjust rewards for each path according to difficulty. That way the casuals and pugs can get the gear they want and it might take longer sure, but they’ll have it even though it takes them twice as long as the harder paths. And then the elite super hardcore coordinated guild groups could do the harder paths and get their stuff in half the time. Everyone is happy and rewarded appropriately for the effort they put into playing the game.

I’m not saying I want the dungeons to be come so easy you can just auto attack your way through it while watching Jerry Springer on tv. But if you don’t give all the people playing the game access to all the content in the game (if they are willing to invest the time) then the game is going to bleed players and die a slow death for lack of interest. And that is in no ones best interest, Anets or the players, hardcore and casual alike.

I do agree that multiple difficulties would be ideal, but there may some technical limitations to this or time limitations, or a mixture of both. Not everything can make it into the game immediately, and there’s always a chance for something like this in the future. As far as the elites being the only ones to do the content – maybe they’re the only ones doing it RIGHT NOW. Again, the game has been out for less than a month. Over time people will get to the point where they’re good enough to do it. I also don’t think that the upper tier of players are going to stop doing it. I’ve had all I’ve wanted from CoF for over a week — admittedly all obtained prior to the buff, but I’m still doing CoF daily because I enjoy it. Top tier players generally do things in this order:

• Get geared sufficiently to beat the content
  • Get all of the “best in slot” gear that you want to complete your character
  • Get all of the gear you want from an aesthetic standpoint for transmutation
  • Finish off achievements (Dungeon Master achievement in this case)
  • Get alternate sets of gear (off-spec sets, pvp sets, etc)
  • Start leveling alts
  • Rinse/Repeat.

So to say that the elites will eventually stop doing it is probably not that true. There will be some players that stop doing it, but those are the same ones that will bumrush the content and then whine about how there’s nothing to do anymore.

I think there are absolutely different demographics playing the game and I believe that there are enough different things going on that all of those demographics have something to do in the game. I’ve been “max geared” for over a week and a half now including multiple weapons, and I feel like I’ve only seen or participated in about 10% of what the game has to offer me – I have multiple dungeons left to do in both story/explorable mode – hours and hours of wvw ahead of me, tournaments that I want to participate in, zones that I haven’t explored yet because I was saving them for alts but I’ll eventually go back and do on my thief, and tons of jumping puzzles/etc to just “find” so I’m just not agreeing :\

Posted by: Daboris.6730

Daboris.6730

afflaq is spot on.

People need to realize the difference between people being able to do it now and people being able to do it eventually. There are many types of gamers, and many types of people. When group A is done with dungeons but still doing them a group B catches up and starts them, possibly having group A stragglers left over to teach and help. They may be slower to start because of time constraints or something, but that doesn’t mean they’re worse, just not as quick.

It works like this everywhere, including that one game with a PTR where people learn the fights then teach people rather simply when the game goes live…or have addons ready to do half the fight for you.

People like different things. Some people love dungeons and max-gear in games first and foremost, so focus on that immediately. I know plenty of people focused on WvW/sPvP/puzzles/achievements/exploration right now who will do dungeons a bit later. That doesn’t make them non-elite or “the 5%”, it’s just a path choice.

I hope afflaq teaches me dungeons. xD

“Those dolls they were making underground… Did you think they look like me?”
-Vivi

(edited by Daboris.6730)

Posted by: Maximillian Greil.1965

Maximillian Greil.1965

I think people need to look at this game as if they were video game virgins. It’s not like any other game you’ve played before. In other games you’re used to grinding for gear, you’re used to repedative easy stuff to get what you need (money, gear, items, ect.) That’s not what GW2 is about. GW2 is about alternating content so you get that full experience without the boring feeling of a grind. People are saying CoF is too hard, go do another dungeon. It’s not like there’s a shortage of them. You want CoF armor? fine, try another path. Still want to do Magg? that’s fine, get a team that works well together on vent, or in a guild or something like we used to do in GW1 for Urgoz and the Deep (before the team builds) and get it going. Alternate dungeons so it doesn’t feel like such a hassle. I’m not trying to troll anyone or anything but in all seriousness it seems like people want the game to be played the same way they’ve played every other MMO.

Posted by: Gray.9650

Gray.9650

afflaq is spot on.

People need to realize the difference between people being able to do it now and people being able to do it eventually. There are many types of gamers, and many types of people. When group A is done with dungeons but still doing them a group B catches up and starts them, possibly having group A stragglers left over to teach and help. They may be slower to start because of time constraints or something, but that doesn’t mean they’re worse, just not as quick.

It works like this everywhere, including that one game with a PTR where people learn the fights then teach people rather simply when the game goes live…or have addons ready to do half the fight for you.

on the problems right now is the same with raids. a lot of people don’t want to or can’t do that content. and that’s most of the time content that’s actually fun, unlike gw2. will no one do dungeons in a month? I doubt it, there will always be people who want that armor. but let’s face it, there is hardly an abundance of long-term alternatives present (besides farm for your legendary with anti-farm code). even without a sub arena wants these people to log in to buy their gems. who do you think is more p*ssed off about all the “different then reality manifestos and trailers” and more likely to look for a more entertaining game, us that do that dungeons and grind through it or the mass of people who wanted to get away from the likes of content gated by a long and/or hard grind, even more so when the grind isn’t fun?

I think people need to look at this game as if they were video game virgins. It’s not like any other game you’ve played before. In other games you’re used to grinding for gear, you’re used to repedative easy stuff to get what you need (money, gear, items, ect.) That’s not what GW2 is about. GW2 is about alternating content so you get that full experience without the boring feeling of a grind. People are saying CoF is too hard, go do another dungeon. It’s not like there’s a shortage of them. You want CoF armor? fine, try another path. Still want to do Magg? that’s fine, get a team that works well together on vent, or in a guild or something like we used to do in GW1 for Urgoz and the Deep (before the team builds) and get it going. Alternate dungeons so it doesn’t feel like such a hassle. I’m not trying to troll anyone or anything but in all seriousness it seems like people want the game to be played the same way they’ve played every other MMO.

wow, just…wow. I hardly see someone miss the point so far.

Posted by: Vixene.3576

Vixene.3576

The difference between a level 80 rare and a level 71 green, is 1 stat point (roughly). I only upgraded to level 80 rare, because the gear looked nicely. Not quite sure how it’s a gear check, you’ll only get 5 extra traits for being 80 instead of 75, which is only 50 stat points. The stats from green/rare to exotic is about the same difference.

The only thing slightly infuritating is the final bosses kill shot skill, cannot be blocked, evaded or reflected. Didn’t figure out a way to be unaffected by it, but assuming everyone line of sights when he channels it. Unless people try to take turns in taking it, while everyone is prepare to ress the person about to be kill shotted.

I know many people say the same thing, but that’s all there is to it. Co-ordination and teamplay. People in my own guild, worry about their own damage instead of supporting the group, so I know where it stems from. It’s completely different to any other MMO due to no trinity. But it means, everyone has to pull their weight and you have content that remains challenging no matter what gear level you have, can’t get too bored with that, can you?

Dungeons require co-ordination and team play. If you want to mash your rotation, while someone soaks all the damage, your playing the wrong MMO. Some fights are stressful and seem overtuned, but once you learn what to do, then it becomes significantly easier. Once people start to use their utility skills (you can change them in dungeons, as long as your not in combat FYI)

Posted by: Thaetus.6954

Thaetus.6954

I did this path yesterday for the first time after the patch. It only took about 5-6 minutes longer than previous runs. Yeah there were a couple hiccups with Magg across the lava but we did it without anyone dying. And while we did all wipe on the ritual part, we still got it in one shot. With no coordination. Yes there was a little graveyard zerging. But we all went in at the same time, and died at different intervals. Only 2 of our members had close to full exotics. I’m still in level 80 greens and a couple rares and the chest from the CoF vendor. 3 of us were on Vent but we weren’t coordinating anything for that fight. We just did our own thing and did what we could to help each other survive, without ever asking each other to do anything. I’m sure if we had some more coordination it would have gone smoother. This new change isn’t preventing “casuals” from completing it. Saying that makes it seem like people think casuals are way less skilled than the “hardcore” player, and that only hardcore players who play the game more than 8 hours a day are capable of completing the dungeons. It was a much needed change for the dungeon, although it’s still a little easy.

I think the Rhiannon path has a really good balance of what explorable dungeon difficulty should be. Although I think the lass boss of the Rhiannon path could use another mechanic and less health. Because repeating the same 2 mechanics for 10 minutes is boooooriiiiiiing. It’s almost as bad as the Zhaitan fight.