Res-Rushing Removal

Res-Rushing Removal

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Paddles.9073

Paddles.9073

I do believe this is a good idea but last night while doing path 3 of cof “the bomb run part” a few of us kept dying while attempting the run, the problem we had was that we could not res once dead, we had to re log several times in order to complete it, i hope A-Net work out some sort of mechanic to fix this problem

Res-Rushing Removal

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Could not res at a waypoint, or other players couldn’t res other players?

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Res-Rushing Removal

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Could be they downed under conditions that made it dangerous to attempt a rescue.

Res-Rushing Removal

Posted by: Jareth.4813

Jareth.4813

Having not done CoF path 3 i’m not sure what this “bomb run” entails, but it sounds like you were employing tactics developed with res rush in mind.

I’m sure it won’t take long for people to adapt and come up with new strategies. Then Anet will revamp every boss and we’ll have to do it again. :p

Res-Rushing Removal

Paddles.9073

even after people had died none of us could res at the way point, this bomb run is a little like the boulder mechanic in path 1, you have to run along a path pretty quickly in order to avoid being blown up by a series of bombs

Res-Rushing Removal

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

So everyone died and you couldn’t res at the waypoint?

If that’s the case, you may want to report this in the bug section.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Res-Rushing Removal

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

I didn’t do a lot of dungeons in the first place because they are simply too hard and take too long, and this doesn’t sound like an improvement. I guess it’s too much to expect that we’ll ever get solo dungeon modes. Oh well.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Res-Rushing Removal

Posted by: guala.3086

guala.3086

I would say it will end fatal if you remove re-rushing waypoints.
You should leave the decision to the team / player.
Dungeons are already far too hard and take far too long,
it is hard to find party members for dungeons, sometimes I had to search one hour (!).
It would be a loss in playing-quality if you implement your plans!

Res-Rushing Removal

Posted by: dekou.6012

dekou.6012

They already removed them.

I haven’t done any dungeons post-patch yet, but maybe you simply can’t waypoint res while a party member is in combat?

Res-Rushing Removal

Posted by: Scootabuser.4915

Scootabuser.4915

I didn’t do a lot of dungeons in the first place because they are simply too hard and take too long, and this doesn’t sound like an improvement. I guess it’s too much to expect that we’ll ever get solo dungeon modes. Oh well.

Spend less time on the forums and more time making friends!

Or go play Witcher 2

Insert Personal Achievements and/or Youtube Channel Here

Res-Rushing Removal

Posted by: Jareth.4813

Jareth.4813

They already removed them.

I haven’t done any dungeons post-patch yet, but maybe you simply can’t waypoint res while a party member is in combat?

Correct. That’s exactly what you cannot do now.

Personally I think this game will be much better for it. Especially once they finish going through every boss in the game and giving them unique stages and mechanics, rather than “do the same thing for 10 minutes till it dies”.

Res-Rushing Removal

Paddles.9073

i do think its a good idea as it will bring tactics to life, but that said in certain areas such as the bomb run in path 3 it simply doesnt work

Res-Rushing Removal

Posted by: Sphinx Jinx.2713

Sphinx Jinx.2713

I disconnected in CoE today and when I re-entered I couldn’t Way Point because my team was still in combat. I had to run to pretty much the end of the dungeon while they did all the work. At least let us WP when we’re alive. Haha :P
You could just say I’m plain lazy