Reseting raid instances

Reseting raid instances

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Please, don’t do that. People are asking this in reddit and it’s ridiculous. See, I’m not a hardcore raider (have 434 shards in months), and I’m still learning (killed Gorse once now), but it’s just unconceivable to allow for such ridiculous magnetite shard farming just because some people can’t wait for weekly reset.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Reseting raid instances

Posted by: Dinosaurs.8674

Dinosaurs.8674

Please, don’t do that. People are asking this in reddit and it’s ridiculous. See, I’m not a hardcore raider (have 434 shards in months), and I’m still learning (killed Gorse once now), but it’s just unconceivable to allow for such ridiculous magnetite shard farming just because some people can’t wait for weekly reset.

The issue is that currently you can reset the raid instance, but it’s mildly inconvenient to do so. You just have to get someone who hasn’t cleared the raid to join your squad, open the raid instance, and then leave your squad. Easy enough, especially if you are in a large guild or if you offer a few gold for an opener in LFG, but still a little annoying.

Also it’s impossible for “shard farming” (is that really a thing?) to be ridiculous, because magnetite caps out at 100 per week. If you aren’t hitting that cap every week you are making a mistake, since magnetite shards are extremely valuable.

Your suggestion would completely lock me out of raiding after I full clear both wings. Raids are almost all that I play. Are you suggesting I should stop playing?

Reseting raid instances

Valento.9852

The issue is that currently you can reset the raid instance, but it’s mildly inconvenient to do so. You just have to get someone who hasn’t cleared the raid to join your squad, open the raid instance, and then leave your squad. Easy enough, especially if you are in a large guild or if you offer a few gold for an opener in LFG, but still a little annoying.

Also it’s impossible for “shard farming” (is that really a thing?) to be ridiculous, because magnetite caps out at 100 per week. If you aren’t hitting that cap every week you are making a mistake, since magnetite shards are extremely valuable.

Your suggestion would completely lock me out of raiding after I full clear both wings. Raids are almost all that I play. Are you suggesting I should stop playing?

I see. I thought they’d want ANet to reset reward caps, not the playable content. If they don’t touch rewards then I agree with you yes.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Reseting raid instances

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

I see. I thought they’d want ANet to reset reward caps, not the playable content. If they don’t touch rewards then I agree with you yes.

No usually player ask that because they want to continue to practice a boss even if they killed it during the week and they can’t do that unless they find someone that didn’t kill the boss during the week. In the case of a team that mean leaving someone aside or asking for someone to start the raid, but not to participate. Which is not ideal in both case.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Reseting raid instances

Valento.9852

No usually player ask that because they want to continue to practice a boss even if they killed it during the week and they can’t do that unless they find someone that didn’t kill the boss during the week. In the case of a team that mean leaving someone aside or asking for someone to start the raid, but not to participate. Which is not ideal in both case.

Yes, I overlooked that part about actually finding a raid opener. I thought the whole intent was to farm magnetite shard, my bad.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer