Returning Player - Fractals Questions

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Jarvis.9540

Jarvis.9540

Hey gang. I haven’t played since a few months after HoT release. I logged in yesterday and have begun trying to re-acclimate myself to everything. I have Fractals cleared up to 75 and some beyond that mark. Are there certain Fractals I should do each day to optimize my rewards? Should I just do the dailies? Also, does 150 AR still suffice to get me into everything? I would appreciate any advice on these questions and anything else you think a returning player such as myself should know. Cheers!

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

Do the three T4 dailies for optimal rewards (ascended chests etc.). 150 AR are sufficient for anything. Recommendeds probably aren’t that bad for money, but don’t expect any useful items from them.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Tier 4 dailies have the best rewards, by far, in part because they also give the rewards for Tier 1-3 dailies.

The ‘recommended’ or ‘scaled’ dailies offer little reward, aside from a fractal research page. If you don’t know what that is, you don’t need it (or at least, you can wait until you do). In other words, I recommend not doing these.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Benjamin Arnold

Benjamin Arnold

Content Programmer

Next

It is worth noting that the daily recommended chests also give large mist potions, which when exchanged at the potion vendor can give a nice relic boost per day if you are saving relics for rewards such as the infinite potions, or can be used for things such as the nightmare Nightmare fractal challenge mode.

Posted by: Professor Sprout.1560

Professor Sprout.1560

@OP to add something extra regarding the aforementioned Nightmare challenge mode – to unlock it at least one partymember needs to have completed all of the achievements given under “Nightmare Fractal” in the questbook, then the mote becomes available at fractal level 100.

Also the new fractals Chaos and Nightmare form something of a continuous narrative since they deal with an asuran called Arkk who (like the players) has come from Tyria to the mists in order to research something. Hence if you want to get involved in this story you should play Chaos first, then Nightmare and then hopefully the one they are working on right now.

Talking of which, @Mr Arnold could I perhaps tempt you into dropping some kind of intriguing yet frustratingly cryptic hint re the new fractal? ::D

(edited by Professor Sprout.1560)

Posted by: Fatalyz.7168

Fatalyz.7168

Talking of which, @Mr Arnold could I perhaps tempt you into dropping some kind of intriguing yet frustratingly cryptic hint re the new fractal? ::D

It’s going to have flaming whips and chains that you have to jump dodge to get through, or die with no res option.

:D

Posted by: Benjamin Arnold

Previous

Benjamin Arnold

Content Programmer

Extreme Quaggan Dance Party.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Lol

Can we expect to see the new fractal with LWS3E5? I know you guys don’t tend to tell us much anymore about what is coming when, but it can’t hurt to ask

Posted by: Professor Sprout.1560

Professor Sprout.1560

This is everything I could have hoped for and more.

cries manly tears of joy

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Enraged Coordinated Swimming Duels CONFIRMED!

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks