Revamp Cof dungeons and remove boulders trap

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

So you joined a bunch of groups who instantly kicked you? Unless you were joining SC teams I find that extremely hard to believe. I ran CoF on my level 77 thief a few days ago and no one minded at all.

There’s enough people running that different people are going to have different experiences. All it takes is a couple of kicks for people to assume that the problem is widespread. Just as speed runners have no patience for inefficiency, people in general have little tolerance for frustration. Add in that some groups don’t post their requirements, and that some players don’t read the posts, and voila.

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

Not sure I understand how someone can go from “it takes hours to find a group” with a specific class, to thinking " joined a bunch of groups who instantly kicked you"…

I always specify what class I will bring to the group, so my guess is that there’s not enough people interested in having that class in their dungeon.

You’re definitely doing something wrong. Maybe you’re spelling your name wrong or something. Literally no class has issues getting into CoF. You’re doing something wrong if you’re the only person in the game taking hours to find a CoF group. Try joining on groups already started, non-farm groups of course.

Posted by: Negrul.5423

Negrul.5423

Try reading the whole thread carefully before assuming that there’s only one person having difficulties with finding groups. Further more, if you read the thread carefully, you might find out that I only find it difficult to find groups with that class.

Proper Dungeon Finder is needed.

laharl.8435

Try reading the whole thread carefully before assuming that there’s only one person having difficulties with finding groups. Further more, if you read the thread carefully, you might find out that I only find it difficult to find groups with that class.

The only other person who said they have trouble finding a group is a zerk warrior…. Maybe you should read the whole thread as you seem to have missed a number of engi’s saying they always find a group quickly. I see every class in there every single day. Every group fills in less than 2 minutes. There are tons of groups that don’t specify anything, many groups even saying “anyone welcome”. The only people having trouble finding a group for CoF 1 are doing something wrong.

You do at least have the patience of a saint, searching for 40 mins (or possibly hours). I’d give up after 10 minutes. If you like, feel free to add me. We can do multiple runs with all kinds of different classes.

(edited by laharl.8435)

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

If you have problems passing the boulders then…you have some big issues. Holy *.
It’s like people who get stuck on the CoE laser room place. I actually can’t wrap my head around it if people fail constantly at boulders/laser. I really really don’t understand how that’s possible.
It’s so simple…

Negrul.5423

… you seem to have missed a number of engi’s saying they always find a group quickly.

There’s three people claiming it’s easy for them and two saying otherwise. Those numbers don’t really help with your claim. Please, again, read the thread carefully.

In addition, the only people that have it easy with that class are those that are in guilds or run with steady groups. If you were trying to find randoms, you would see how that goes.

Feel free to make your own group, with the same conditions(place an add specifying the class) and you can see for yourself. But this is something you should have done already since you call people as “doing something wrong”

Posted by: Clipbord.8726

Clipbord.8726

… you seem to have missed a number of engi’s saying they always find a group quickly.

There’s three people claiming it’s easy for them and two saying otherwise. Those numbers don’t really help with your claim. Please, again, read the thread carefully.

In addition, the only people that have it easy with that class are those that are in guilds or run with steady groups. If you were trying to find randoms, you would see how that goes.

Feel free to make your own group, with the same conditions(place an add specifying the class) and you can see for yourself. But this is something you should have done already since you call people as “doing something wrong”

You shouldn’t have problem at all joining a group, I do not how understand how you should be. And if you’re having trouble finding a group as easy as the dungeon is, nerfing the dungeon making it harder, wont help your chances. Trust me, I’ve played GW and and now Gw2, knowing Anet, Cof is bound to get nerf, any efficient/fast way of farming/making money Anet will nerf. Sure nerf cof, doesn’t mean more people are gonna start doing it, people will just abandon it, Ascalonian catacomb is a prime example.

Posted by: Rump Buffalo.2594

Rump Buffalo.2594

I’m suspicious of any attempt to “revamp” CoF, as I imagine such changes would just make it harder and I have zero interest in having it be harder.

sigh

This attitude is just devastating to me…

“I don’t want explorable dungeons to have challenge!”

Come on now…99% of all the dungeon encounters are already mind-numbingly easy

Posted by: jameskelly.6310

jameskelly.6310

the only people that have it easy with that class are those that are in guilds or run with steady groups. If you were trying to find randoms, you would see how that goes.

Just to clarify my previous post. I don’t run CoF with a guild, I don’t run CoF with a steady group. I run CoF with my engineer, exclusively with pugs found on gw2lfg.com. At any given time when I feel like running that dungeon… all I do is pull up lfg.com and look for posters in the top third of the page who are LF#M and aren’t saying “must be X class or have Y gear”. Then i start sending /join requests. The first few, the game will usually pop a message up saying the party or guild is full. So I refresh the page and try again.

Right now at 08:00 on a weekday there are five posts the fit that criteria, all less than five minutes old with new ones popping up every few minutes. You have to be quick on the draw, the groups fill up fast. Refresh the page, identify a suitable post, ctrl-c the character name, then jump over to your game and type /join then ctrl-v and hit enter.

Seriously, try it. It works fine.

Posted by: Zeppelin.6832

Zeppelin.6832

There’s no reason to nerf cof. Just buff some of the other dungeons so they’re some incentive to run them.

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

There’s no reason to nerf cof. Just buff some of the other dungeons so they’re some incentive to run them.

Absolutely. If you make everything un-fun no one will play the game anymore.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Posted by: Edgez.4236

Edgez.4236

cof money drops should be remvoed as ppl are frmaing it for hours , making the game dull and boring, and if you choose not to your gold is worthless as it loses value faster than you gain more of it, i bought this game cause of the non farming mentality it was advertized as, a lot of ppl i knwo left the game for this reason feeling lied to,

Edgez.4236

to zep this is a game nota job to play there neesd to be fun a challange perhaps not the best way to gain something

Edgez.4236

Absolutely. If you make everything un-fun no one will play the game anymore.

you mean fun is runnign the same thing ove rand over for hours? you are 1% of players who enjoy this and this game was always announced as no farming, so i dont think that your type of fun has a place in this game, if it does the advertisemnet was a lie and i want a refund

Edgez.4236

fractals is a very good idea for example exept i dotn like that to advance you need agony resistance wich to get involves farming a lot of materials or jsut hoping that a specific item drops, my opinion is that dungoens should get harde and harder perhaps with better rewards along the way but its not that improtant for me, perhaps a title that shows that you completed a very hard thing? why is looking for 1000 boars to kill wich drop a fortune is so popular? how can it be fun?

laharl.8435

Ah, that’s what you’re doing wrong. All you have to do is join a group that has no prerequisites. I very rarely do lfg for CoF 1, I just join a group that’s already started. Many people already have a couple people in party ready to go, so they just post “lf3m” or whatever. Many people are lazy, they make a post and wait for people to come to their group. They don’t scour the site looking for singles for a crazy popular dungeon like CoF. They know the singles will just see them and join. Now that you know, have fun in CoF!

(edited by laharl.8435)

Posted by: Iures.2894

Iures.2894

Rather than removing the boulder trap, make it so that players cannot teleport past it, so that people actually have to learn how to do it, rather than relying on portal.

Really like this idea. Leave it in the game. Or make the boulders start rolling earlier before the Mesmer has a chance to get across far enough for a Blink. (I’m not hating on Mesmers, I have one myself)

It’s not hard to do at all. Practice and patience. Taught 3 CoF newbies to do it last night. Took a few minutes for them to understand everything and help pass it.

You’d actually have to change it, anyway. I can Blink across the entire thing, even if boulders are rolling.

Posted by: KazNaka.4718

KazNaka.4718

The problem is, a lot of dungeons have lost their intrinsic value of being fun. People no longer run dungeons to have fun; they do it to make money. CoF p1 farming is boring, it is repetitive, and people do it strictly for the money. It is too easy. Without much challenge, repetition leads to a faster boredom of the game.

On the other hand, why does one dungeon path take 8 mins to complete while another, like Arah p4, take 1-3 hours? Correct me if I’m wrong, but CoF p1 has 3 things that drop 10s loot while Arah p4 has only 5. A 20 silver difference in reward does not make sense for the amount of time and effort required.

In my view, Anet needs to do 2 things: 1) Make some dungeons MORE challenging and 2) Reward those already long & challenging dungeons with MORE gold.

Posted by: monkeydluffy.7896

monkeydluffy.7896

No to revamp, this game is terrible when it comes to making money. You nerf the only way to make money? then were gonna be forced to farm something else so nerfing this wont do anything.

Posted by: Brave Sir Ryan.1240

Brave Sir Ryan.1240

No to revamp, this game is terrible when it comes to making money. You nerf the only way to make money? then were gonna be forced to farm something else so nerfing this wont do anything.

This is compltely false. It doesn’t matter how much money you have at all. What matters is how much money you have compared to other players.

Think back to August/September. Dusk and Dawn cost ~40-50g. Why? Because that’s how much money people had. There is a lot more gold in game now, but that doesn’t increase your purchasing power much. Easy gold trhough CoF grind why things are so expensive compared to what you would get through “normal” gameplay.

Things will never be perfect, but this dungeon is completely broken.

monkeydluffy.7896

This is compltely false. It doesn’t matter how much money you have at all. What matters is how much money you have compared to other players.

Think back to August/September. Dusk and Dawn cost ~40-50g. Why? Because that’s how much money people had. There is a lot more gold in game now, but that doesn’t increase your purchasing power much. Easy gold trhough CoF grind why things are so expensive compared to what you would get through “normal” gameplay.

Things will never be perfect, but this dungeon is completely broken.

uhh Thats expected just like any game? Look at wow back in vanilla people had 1k gold that was like the richest people thought. Now people have to 500k gold to 1million. Its called growth of the game. You nerf COF people will just farm something else

Posted by: Brave Sir Ryan.1240

Brave Sir Ryan.1240

uhh Thats expected just like any game? Look at wow back in vanilla people had 1k gold that was like the richest people thought. Now people have to 500k gold to 1million. Its called growth of the game. You nerf COF people will just farm something else

Or they could, you know, make easy things like CoF unprofitable, while making something difficult profitable. Then bad players can farm and make some gold, and good players can play and make lots.

Easy, profitable farms are always bad for a game because they make everything else not worth doing.

Posted by: lolynot.1928

lolynot.1928

Make it like the new AC right? So it’s more frustrating to PUG.

monkeydluffy.7896

Or they could, you know, make easy things like CoF unprofitable, while making something difficult profitable. Then bad players can farm and make some gold, and good players can play and make lots.

Easy, profitable farms are always bad for a game because they make everything else not worth doing.

yeah I wouldnt mind that, Arah is pretty fun running that with friends

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Don’t change the mesmer boulder part. Profession uniqueness is one of the things that makes this game fun. World of Warcraft dropped the ball hard on that one after a few expansions and in my eyes suffered a lot because of it.

And when a lot of content becomes trivial due to specific mechanics a handfull of classes possess and the other classes don’t have an equivalent way to add value to a party, how fun does that become for professions that have no unique way to contribute to the party that is favoured by dungeon mechanics?

Currently there are mechanics that three classes possess that in some cases completely break content. One of them is Portal which basically removals all challenge in places like the boulders in CoF p1, the wisp event of the swamp fractal, the stairs in the uncategorised fractal etc. Stealth is incredibly powerful during the dredge fractal for the ability to make yourself invisible while cranking the lever. Blocks and reflects are increasingly becoming more and more powerful when they can be used to completely negate boss attacks, ones which would have otherwise wiped a party.

At a certain point professions have to be balanced. The contributions of each professions can’t have dramatic differences in their dungeon efficiency because it kills off the playability of less powerful professions.

As a mesmer you might love portal, the engineer or ranger that got kicked from the party (or was never invited in the first place) because they didn’t have a portal mesmer yet, those players probably feel differently. Too much of the current dungeon content favours certain professions, either the professions need to change (alter the way portal works or give access to portal mechanics to all professions), the dungeon design needs to change (stop designing encounters in dungeons which favour these class specific mechanics) or the mechanics need to change (make it so you can’t carry objects through portals etc). The current design isn’t balanced.

Negrul.5423

the only people that have it easy with that class are those that are in guilds or run with steady groups. If you were trying to find randoms, you would see how that goes.

Just to clarify my previous post. I don’t run CoF with a guild, I don’t run CoF with a steady group. I run CoF with my engineer, exclusively with pugs found on gw2lfg.com. At any given time when I feel like running that dungeon… all I do is pull up lfg.com and look for posters in the top third of the page who are LF#M and aren’t saying “must be X class or have Y gear”. Then i start sending /join requests. The first few, the game will usually pop a message up saying the party or guild is full. So I refresh the page and try again.

Right now at 08:00 on a weekday there are five posts the fit that criteria, all less than five minutes old with new ones popping up every few minutes. You have to be quick on the draw, the groups fill up fast. Refresh the page, identify a suitable post, ctrl-c the character name, then jump over to your game and type /join then ctrl-v and hit enter.

Seriously, try it. It works fine.

Fair enough.
However, you seem to be joining the groups without specifying your class which doesn’t go against my point at all. Perhaps I didn’t explained myself well enough: I don’t have problems finding groups for the dungeon, just having problems finding groups for that dungeon when advertising that class.

Also , yesterday when I checked it, there was only one LFG, for specific classes not randoms, posted there for about 20 minutes.

Should be clear now, I hope

Posted by: Advert Paperer.7059

Advert Paperer.7059

Too much of the current dungeon content favours certain professions

As an exercise, let’s try to think of some encounter mechanics which could favour other professions.

• Gate-opening encounter. Four party members must stand on pressure-plates to open a gate, while the fifth player ventures through to completes a puzzle or defeat a special enemy. An Engineer could deploy turrets on the pressure-plates to keep them depressed, thus freeing up several party members to run ahead (and making the beyond-the-gate challenge much easier).
    Admittedly, this is just a rehash of the or Dredge fractal or CoF P1 mechanic, but with a special opportunity for Engineers.
  • Defense objective. The party must protect a magical rift to prevent its energies from being corrupted by agents of <whatever>. Enemies will spawn on all sides; the team must survive for <n> minutes while an NPC seals the rift. The rift itself will produce a potent Blast finisher every 5 seconds, centered on its position. A character who can put a Water field under the rift would be able to deliver a steady source of healing to the party; a Dark field on the rift would Blind nearby enemies and help to keep the team alive.
  • Sabotage objective. Players must break into the enemy archives and destroy some valuable documents. These are implemented in-game as structures which are resistant to direct damage but are highly susceptible to Burning. A single Flamethrower-wielding Engineer could quickly complete this objective while the remainder of the team fights the archive guards. An Elementalist could setup a few Fire fields in which the team’s Guardians and Warriors could perform Whirl finishers. A Ranger’s Sun Spirit would enable the team to destroy the documents with normal attacks.

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

Oh good, let’s remove the only place to make decent cash in the game outside the TP. Good idea. /sarcasm

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

Edgez.4236

Oh good, let’s remove the only place to make decent cash in the game outside the TP. Good idea. /sarcasm

you are not making decent cash if you ar ento one of those ppl who farm cof 5 hours a day let m eexpalin
teh value of your gold is directly linked to the amount of gold ppl have, 500g is a lot onoy because very few have that amount of money, but as cof path 1 farming continues mroe ppl will have 500g by playing a boring stale and not fun game, while the ppl who are having fun earn a lot less making theire bying power lower and lower no matter what they do.
so basically you are supporting (assumed you dotn farm cof path 1 5 hours a day) having less and less gold each day, as you can see the tp prices rise faster than you can make gold, and no theres no more items in game as well to balance it as the primary target of farmers is the silvers dropped from bosses and chest with are far greater than the loot
also you are supproting a sweatshop type of gameplay, go work in one of you enjoy it so much! you can get more gold by buying gems later
for the rest of us wich are a LOT , we would liek this game to keep being fun with multiple things to do and anti farming

Edgez.4236

as for the discuss of professions, warrior is jsut the far esier to play, and build, oteh classes are as good or builds can be even better jsut apply some thinkign to yoru runes sigil and traits, berzerker armro isnt always the answer as ther are combos in trait lines , runes and or skills wich can imprive your dps having a large tank as well, or by other means to benefit your survival.
spend less time complaining in here about classes and more on your build

Posted by: Iures.2894

Iures.2894

Don’t change the mesmer boulder part. Profession uniqueness is one of the things that makes this game fun. World of Warcraft dropped the ball hard on that one after a few expansions and in my eyes suffered a lot because of it.

And when a lot of content becomes trivial due to specific mechanics a handfull of classes possess and the other classes don’t have an equivalent way to add value to a party, how fun does that become for professions that have no unique way to contribute to the party that is favoured by dungeon mechanics?

Currently there are mechanics that three classes possess that in some cases completely break content. One of them is Portal which basically removals all challenge in places like the boulders in CoF p1, the wisp event of the swamp fractal, the stairs in the uncategorised fractal etc. Stealth is incredibly powerful during the dredge fractal for the ability to make yourself invisible while cranking the lever. Blocks and reflects are increasingly becoming more and more powerful when they can be used to completely negate boss attacks, ones which would have otherwise wiped a party.

At a certain point professions have to be balanced. The contributions of each professions can’t have dramatic differences in their dungeon efficiency because it kills off the playability of less powerful professions.

As a mesmer you might love portal, the engineer or ranger that got kicked from the party (or was never invited in the first place) because they didn’t have a portal mesmer yet, those players probably feel differently. Too much of the current dungeon content favours certain professions, either the professions need to change (alter the way portal works or give access to portal mechanics to all professions), the dungeon design needs to change (stop designing encounters in dungeons which favour these class specific mechanics) or the mechanics need to change (make it so you can’t carry objects through portals etc). The current design isn’t balanced.

Speaking strictly to the stairs event, the following classes can all completely solo that event from bottom all the way to top, and flip all three switches:

Mesmer
Thief
Guardian
Warrior
Elementalist
Ranger

So, yeah, the only classes I see having issues are Necromancer and Engineer, and it’s possible that someone with more knowledge of those classes can show me wrong. To be clear, I’m only talking about 100% un-failable ways to get to the top and hit all 3 switches solo.

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

you are not making decent cash if you ar ento one of those ppl who farm cof 5 hours a day let m eexpalin
teh value of your gold is directly linked to the amount of gold ppl have, 500g is a lot onoy because very few have that amount of money, but as cof path 1 farming continues mroe ppl will have 500g by playing a boring stale and not fun game, while the ppl who are having fun earn a lot less making theire bying power lower and lower no matter what they do.
so basically you are supporting (assumed you dotn farm cof path 1 5 hours a day) having less and less gold each day, as you can see the tp prices rise faster than you can make gold, and no theres no more items in game as well to balance it as the primary target of farmers is the silvers dropped from bosses and chest with are far greater than the loot
also you are supproting a sweatshop type of gameplay, go work in one of you enjoy it so much! you can get more gold by buying gems later
for the rest of us wich are a LOT , we would liek this game to keep being fun with multiple things to do and anti farming

There is always going to be the flavour of the month farm. At launch it was Caudecus Manor story mode. Then there was Orr and CoF farms. Then people farmed AC. People still farm CoF. You can’t stop people from farming one dungeon over and over or one area over and over which introduces gold into the economy. It’s the same as the three dungeon paths debate. One path becomes far easier and more efficient than the others and it becomes run far more often (CoF path 1 for example). All CoF does is allow easier access to non-inflating gold sinks (WvW upgrades, Cultural Armor) and fulfills the inevitable roll of the gold farm which is always going to exist in some form or another. If you are unhappy with how little your time to gold ratio is worth in terms of rewards (earning different exotic skins or even legendaries) don’t blame the farms, they are always going to exist, blame the game design which promotes the value of gold over everything else (like dungeon tokens, karma, fractal relics, unique boss drops). The problem isn’t CoF or gold farming, it’s the fact that the game’s itemisation is so heavily reliant on the trading post and thus gold. The end game revolves around gold and so few unique content specific rewards, which are earned by playing the game instead of grinding for gold, exist.

Too much of the current dungeon content favours certain professions

As an exercise, let’s try to think of some encounter mechanics which could favour other professions.

• Gate-opening encounter. Four party members must stand on pressure-plates to open a gate, while the fifth player ventures through to completes a puzzle or defeat a special enemy. An Engineer could deploy turrets on the pressure-plates to keep them depressed, thus freeing up several party members to run ahead (and making the beyond-the-gate challenge much easier).
    Admittedly, this is just a rehash of the or Dredge fractal or CoF P1 mechanic, but with a special opportunity for Engineers.
  • Defense objective. The party must protect a magical rift to prevent its energies from being corrupted by agents of <whatever>. Enemies will spawn on all sides; the team must survive for <n> minutes while an NPC seals the rift. The rift itself will produce a potent Blast finisher every 5 seconds, centered on its position. A character who can put a Water field under the rift would be able to deliver a steady source of healing to the party; a Dark field on the rift would Blind nearby enemies and help to keep the team alive.
  • Sabotage objective. Players must break into the enemy archives and destroy some valuable documents. These are implemented in-game as structures which are resistant to direct damage but are highly susceptible to Burning. A single Flamethrower-wielding Engineer could quickly complete this objective while the remainder of the team fights the archive guards. An Elementalist could setup a few Fire fields in which the team’s Guardians and Warriors could perform Whirl finishers. A Ranger’s Sun Spirit would enable the team to destroy the documents with normal attacks.

One of the greatest strengths of Guild Wars 2 is the removal of the holy trinity. There are five people in a party but eight professions, there is no way to make all of them equally valuable in a unique way without leaving some out and creating a situation where certain classes are either required or greatly desired because their class specific mechanic is more valuable.

Posted by: Mooodster.3470

Mooodster.3470

yes it is a good idea to revamp this…ya the gold farmers will make a million excuses why they should leave it alone but really dungeons are supposed to be hard and somewhat challenging right? If you don’t wanna revamp it could you change the name to Gold Farming Zone so everyone will know that’s what its there for…

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

yes it is a good idea to revamp this…ya the gold farmers will make a million excuses why they should leave it alone but really dungeons are supposed to be hard and somewhat challenging right? If you don’t wanna revamp it could you change the name to Gold Farming Zone so everyone will know that’s what its there for…

Wrong. Dungeons are only supposed to be hard for first-timers. CoF paths 1 and 2 are still quite difficult for first-timers and non-level 80s.

They are supposed to be boring bla bla bla easy brisk for veterans and experienced players.

Posted by: jameskelly.6310

jameskelly.6310

Fair enough.
However, you seem to be joining the groups without specifying your class which doesn’t go against my point at all.

Yes, that is correct. I don’t post “Engineer LFG” and wait to be invited. As laharl.8435 pointed out most people aren’t scanning that page to find and /invite members. They just post L#FM and wait for peeps to /join them. I also don’t whisper “I’m an engineer, can I join?” to the people who have posted LF#M. By the time you’re half done typing that… 5 other people have sent /join requests and the the group is full.

Perhaps I didn’t explained myself well enough: I don’t have problems finding groups for the dungeon, just having problems finding groups for that dungeon when advertising that class.

And that’s probably whats causing you grief my friend. Stop spending time “advertising”. Send /join requests and enjoy running CoF until you’ve got gold and tokens coming out your ears.

Also , yesterday when I checked it, there was only one LFG, for specific classes not randoms, posted there for about 20 minutes.

This one, I can’t explain. Are you on EU server? NA page always seems to have a handful of non profession specific groups forming up at any given time.

Should be clear now, I hope

All clear, I hope we’ve been able to help you. I don’t think I can offer any other advise. So, I’ll just wish you the best of luck with your future CoF endeavors

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

People should be allowed to run only once per day per account each path of each dungeons. Problem fixed.

Posted by: kyle.1286

kyle.1286

I totaly agree with some of the points that have been made about the CoF P1 farm, but how else are players ment to grind the gold to get the culterual armour sets, or the mats needed to craft legendaries besides spending money and buying gems/gold. The only thing this will encourage is for players to buy gold due to the lack of ability to be able to farm CoF. It is the choice of the player as to wherether they decide to farm the dungeon or not cursed shore is a good exmaple of players who chose to farm.

Posted by: Ratty.5176

Ratty.5176

TBH, I’m now regularly invited to groups because I’m an Engineer. And even though I have all classes to 80 and fully equipped the Engineer is my Fractal Runner. (Strangely it used to be a Mesmer, but a lot of the time I found it a bit wanting. TW is nice, but when it comes right down to it I find the Engineer has better tools overall. Rather that tools that are useful in a few locations in the dungeon like Portal.)

Engineers are one of the most useful professions in fractals,

• High ranged AOE DPS, good for bursting down groups of mobs like Lava Elementals/Dredge
  • Good team healing where necessary
  • Able to heal themselves through Agony
  • Able to use Elixir S to get to places which are deadly to pick up downed players
  • Able to put up a reflect/smoke wall to assist the Guardians
  • Long Range ground targeted attacks to take out things like Dredge Turrets and even Harpies.
  • Ability to Immobilise and Cripple bosses at range constantly. Great for the flame sword part of the Ascalon Boss fight and for the start of the Grawl Shamen fight (where you also have quite a few knockbacks)
  • Pretty much able to survive most things if played properly.

I’ve even seen groups advertise looking for 1 member Guardian/Warrior/Engineer on GW2LFG.

Now Rangers I know have a bad press, and to be honest as someone that has played Rangers I know why, this is largely due to a huge proportion of the Ranger community playing them badly (having watched Rangers that join pugs with us). When played well they can be a real boon to the team. They can supply good DPS, while still being very tanky and supplying good team healing. But to do this they have to run close support. How many Rangers have you seen that seem to want to be in the next continent pinging one enemy from range for OKish damage? Rather than close where they can put down Healing Fields over the melee fighters, and make use of bleed stacking and piercing attacks to damage multiple targets at once.

(edited by Ratty.5176)

Posted by: Aksamitna.9680

Aksamitna.9680

I personally feel that this dungeon need some revamp,coz majority of the pple are just looking for mesmer and warr in gw2lfg.com for a speed run! Other classes need some love too!If this goes on, everyone will eventually roll only mesmer and warior!What’s the use of having other classes!

I think you mistake two different things. Mes+4Wars is just probably the highest dps setup. It is not connected in any way to CoF, its connected to maxed speed runs. If you revamp CoF to make it long or annoying (like recent AC changes) it wont increase “love” to other classes. It will just make pople stop doing CoF P1 so often.

CoF p1 is currently the last dungeon we do ad-hoc, evenings, with any guildmates, with any class, just to have some fun of playing together, when not all people have an hour of time just to endless tap one mob. I’d rather like to see more so short-timed and not annoying paths instead of changing this last one.

Second To [None] – Polska Gildia GW2 – Blacktide
http://SecondToNone.pl

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Don’t remove frogger…make it longer so mesmers actually have to run. Or, just to make players actually use some kind of skill, disallow mesmers from laying a portal. The “slow down” objective is an integral part of many of these dungeons and I’d like to see it be a bit more challenging.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

Posted by: Ratty.5176

Ratty.5176

I personally feel that this dungeon need some revamp,coz majority of the pple are just looking for mesmer and warr in gw2lfg.com for a speed run! Other classes need some love too!If this goes on, everyone will eventually roll only mesmer and warior!What’s the use of having other classes!

I think you mistake two different things. Mes+4Wars is just probably the highest dps setup. It is not connected in any way to CoF, its connected to maxed speed runs. If you revamp CoF to make it long or annoying (like recent AC changes) it wont increase “love” to other classes. It will just make pople stop doing CoF P1 so often.

CoF p1 is currently the last dungeon we do ad-hoc, evenings, with any guildmates, with any class, just to have some fun of playing together, when not all people have an hour of time just to endless tap one mob. I’d rather like to see more so short-timed and not annoying paths instead of changing this last one.

Totally agree, it’s not fast easy runs that is the issue. Having a fast easy dungeon is a good thing, gives people something to do when they have a short amount of time. The real issue is that fast easy runs give the same rewards as long tedious ones. Why would anyone ever do CoF path 3 even if they did have time, when in the same time they could do path 1 4 times with far better rewards. And I’m not asking for CoF1 to have it’s rewards nerfed (though I wouldn’t be against 40 tokens on it instead of 60). But that long paths like CoF 3 or Arah 4 get their tokens increased, whether this be through more in final chest or having large bags of wonderous goods that give more tokens than their normal versions on the later bosses. Time should be correctly rewarded.

(edited by Ratty.5176)

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Farming CoF isn’t even that good to make money….

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

ikr. take that same high dps group, since gear check, all zerker, and find a spot in open world too farm. they would get t6 galore, whatever that pack of monsters dropped etc. its just the organization is easy for good teams now.

Posted by: Nachtz.4930

Nachtz.4930

I bet I earn far more money/day than you, whereas I never run CoF P1 anymore. I take the bet

That’s the problem with this dungeon, people forgot that there’s plenty other ways to farm gold, and these are far more entertaining… It really needs a revamp, it needs to be harder : it should not be possible to rush accross the bridge, and the mini-boss near the pillar (room before the boss) should have to be killed for the boss door to open. That would be possible solutions, but I’ll let Anet decide on those ones.

For all people thinking CoF P1 is the only way to have easy gold, I just want to say “L2P”. For those who don’t see any point in revamping this dungeon, I just want to say “find another game, you don’t get it”.

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

It’s interesting to me that everyone says “farm cof and gold, not materials” because in a player driven economy, if, in the extreme, everyone were to farm cof, then you would see massive inflation as no new t6 mats entered the market.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

Instead of nerfing the one dungeon that has a reasonable time/risk/reward ratio, how about we bring the other dungeons up to speed?

(PS, HoTW is hilariously easy with anything that can inflict constant crippling/chilled, maybe even easier than CoF)

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

Posted by: Oranisagu.3706

Oranisagu.3706

I bet I earn far more money/day than you, whereas I never run CoF P1 anymore. I take the bet

That’s the problem with this dungeon, people forgot that there’s plenty other ways to farm gold, and these are far more entertaining… It really needs a revamp, it needs to be harder : it should not be possible to rush accross the bridge, and the mini-boss near the pillar (room before the boss) should have to be killed for the boss door to open. That would be possible solutions, but I’ll let Anet decide on those ones.

For all people thinking CoF P1 is the only way to have easy gold, I just want to say “L2P”. For those who don’t see any point in revamping this dungeon, I just want to say “find another game, you don’t get it”.

sorry, ripping off other players or as it’s also called playing the market, doesn’t sound fun to me. if I want to play against others, I’ll go wvw or pvp and face them, griefing them with the market is quite far from what I enjoy or think is good for the game. (I’m sorry, I’m swiss, and not that good at hypocrisy – I can’t just change my morals to find something ok as soon as I see it’s profitable)

currently, there’s no way of normal play which makes more money than CoF1 farming (not even the bugged orr events, though they can come close). other dungeons are rather lucrative, CoF quite often drops cores/lodestones which are worth a bit, but all in all CoF gives more. and even then it’s way too less, compared to the prices of stuff. wanna try a new build? buy 14+ items (depends on 2h/1h weps) for 3-4 gold each, yay..

if there was a way to make money just playing the game, you would’ve posted it instead of the hehe, I know something you don’t kinda post you made – which most often only means someone found a loophole which he doesn’t want to be closed, so he keeps it secret.

but yeah, if I could play in any zone and also get t5/t6 mats, get yellows often enough and also an exo from time to time, I’d love that. I rather dislike CoF1 farming, after 6 runs I just can’t take it anymore.

tl;dr: nerfing cof is not the way to go, pushing general pve and other dungeons and adjusting loot drops is the only thing necessary.

Posted by: Nachtz.4930

Nachtz.4930

sorry, ripping off other players or as it’s also called playing the market, doesn’t sound fun to me. if I want to play against others, I’ll go wvw or pvp and face them, griefing them with the market is quite far from what I enjoy or think is good for the game. (I’m sorry, I’m swiss, and not that good at hypocrisy – I can’t just change my morals to find something ok as soon as I see it’s profitable)

[B]currently, there’s no way of normal play which makes more money than CoF1 farming (not even the bugged orr events, though they can come close). [/B]other dungeons are rather lucrative, CoF quite often drops cores/lodestones which are worth a bit, but all in all CoF gives more. and even then it’s way too less, compared to the prices of stuff. wanna try a new build? buy 14+ items (depends on 2h/1h weps) for 3-4 gold each, yay..

if there was a way to make money just playing the game, you would’ve posted it instead of the hehe, I know something you don’t kinda post you made – which most often only means someone found a loophole which he doesn’t want to be closed, so he keeps it secret.

but yeah, if I could play in any zone and also get t5/t6 mats, get yellows often enough and also an exo from time to time, I’d love that. I rather dislike CoF1 farming, after 6 runs I just can’t take it anymore.

tl;dr: nerfing cof is not the way to go, pushing general pve and other dungeons and adjusting loot drops is the only thing necessary.

Ignorance is bliss… Mystic forge + market speculation is by far more profitable, and (to me) less boring. Market speculation takes time to be accustomed to, but I think it’s really fun because it’s really risky. You can lose everything like you can win lots of money very quickly. But once you’re used to it, it’s just free money… As for mystic forge, weapons such as Volcanus are really a gold mine. You just need a high amount of cash to start