Revenant raid damage

Revenant raid damage

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

Does anyone know how much damage that heralds are capable of causing?

The only recent figures that I was able to find were there
http://www.qtfy.enjin.com/dps

However, looking into the build that the linked to, in the rotation video they were maintaining facet of nature, and using facet of darkness when in Glint despite the fact that the facet doesn’t actually do any damage.

Since current support teams no longer need the boon duration and fury. Does anyone have any figures from a herald that didn’t use those and instead used the energy on using more sword 2s, or potentially even dropped glint entirely in favour of a Jalis/Malyx set?

Revenant raid damage

Posted by: Ocosh.5843

Ocosh.5843

Roughly the amount on the chart, still. Their damage numbers weren’t changed.

I don’t recall ever running out of Energy and missing out on a Precision Strike, but I didn’t play it much. I assume you’re suggesting Mallyx for the elite? It’s not much extra damage, and you’d be giving up Equilibrium, Elemental Blast, and boons — probably a wash.

Herald does mid-level dps and brings useful cc and boons. It’s still fine. You just won’t find a spot in the average pug because the community’s not exactly the thinking type.

Revenant raid damage

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

find a spot in the average pug because the community’s not exactly the thinking type.

So much this ^^^^^^. I’d recommend finding a guild for the content you want, because that way you can have people who are aware that unless your wipe is to the enrage timer at two percent of boss health left, every single time, it’s probably a player problem, not a class/build problem.

(Which, yes, includes it being a player problem when your damage is low, so you need more healing, and healers run out of oomph, or whatever. The “meta” build with higher DPS doesn’t fix your problem, it just means that maybe you don’t notice it this time through.)

Revenant raid damage

Posted by: Roald.1260

Roald.1260

Herald isn’t that bad in terms of dps or cc. But it is lower than Temps and thiefs and scepter guards.

Real problem is it lost it’s niche. It cant provide as much might as PS, druids already provide fury (on some bosses protection as well). Having 2 mesmers with moa the cc also isn’t required.

That being said on the training runs we do, we take pretty much everything as long as it is properly geared. You might want to take a look at them:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/5np5xs/eu_training_raid_v16_1401/

Revenant raid damage

SlippyCheeze.5483

Herald isn’t that bad in terms of dps or cc. But it is lower than Temps and thiefs and scepter guards.

Lower theoretical DPS. Higher practical DPS than the person who just grabbed that Scepter Guard who they levelled to 80 last week with tomes, and know very little about to play, so wind up on the floor a lot.

Player skill >>>>>>>>>> class choice for most people. and if you were in the 4-person qtfy team clearing the raid, you wouldn’t be debating this here.

Revenant raid damage

Posted by: Khyan.7039

Khyan.7039

Lower theoretical DPS. Higher practical DPS than the person who just grabbed that Scepter Guard who they levelled to 80 last week with tomes, and know very little about to play, so wind up on the floor a lot.

Player skill >>>>>>>>>> class choice for most people. and if you were in the 4-person qtfy team clearing the raid, you wouldn’t be debating this here.

Guard has nothing difficult to learn, it’s a really bad example you did there.

Revenant raid damage

SlippyCheeze.5483

I’m just gonna sit here and pretend that was the joke.

Revenant raid damage

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

I’m just gonna sit here and pretend that was the joke.

sorry but gaurdian isnt as complicated as you think it is. like most classes its just a matter of spamming skills.

im bad at sarcasm

Revenant raid damage

Posted by: aceboogie.4031

aceboogie.4031

-***Lower theoretical DPS. Higher practical DPS than the person who just grabbed that Scepter Guard who they levelled to 80 last week with tomes, and know very little about to play, so wind up on the floor a lot.*-*

Higher practical DPS than the person who just grabbed that Scepter Guard who they leveled to 80 last week with tomes, and know very little about to play, so wind up on the floor a lot. <—- you say? what if that same person rolled a rev? they would be still on the ground, but have dealt less dmg while up and attacking… all a guard has to do is spam scepter 2, or hammer 1. i don’t think you could’ve chosen a poorer example.

Revenant raid damage

Posted by: Ocosh.5843

Ocosh.5843

1. Harping on the quality of the comparison is obtuse; that’s not the relevant part. The point remains that player ability trumps theoretical optimal dps of a spec.

2. This saw about preferring a bad player on an “easy” profession is crap, like the argument about only taking the one approved composition because of reliable results. Bad players will do poor dps, fail the mechanics, and die. You will not be able to rely on them for damage or for whatever else the profession is supposed to provide. Have you ever watched a raid video where people are running dps meters? You don’t see consistent, test golem-level dps in a typical encounter. Dps specs do more and support specs do less, but the dps requirements of GW2 raiding are low, and you are better off taking the better player every time.

3. If you want to get technical: The pure Sc/T DH dps rotation is 6 buttons. While this isn’t a lot, it is 1 more button than the Herald dps rotation.

Revenant raid damage

SlippyCheeze.5483

1. Harping on the quality of the comparison is obtuse; that’s not the relevant part. The point remains that player ability trumps theoretical optimal dps of a spec.

Thank you, that’s what I would have said if I had come in here earlier. I chose that at literally random, because a joking example was fine, I thought. Obviously not so much with the folks here.

Ultimately, yes, my point is that raiding involves doing the mechanics correctly and delivering effective DPS. It’s great that some spec or other you never played before delivers higher theoretical DPS, but…

Are you really gonna get the DPS golem rotation in a raid situation, while handling mechanics, boss movement, target switching, other players, etc?

Are you gonna have the ability to focus on both your skill use for DPS and the mechanics as effectively as someone who has more practice? What about those clutch heal-or-immune mistakes? How many times you gonna miss that emergency button when someone who knows a spec better will hit it, and wind up on the floor?

…and remember: you know how bad the average player is, right? Half of ’em are worse than that.

Revenant raid damage

Posted by: narcx.3570

narcx.3570

Since current support teams no longer need the boon duration and fury. Does anyone have any figures from a herald that didn’t use those and instead used the energy on using more sword 2s, or potentially even dropped glint entirely in favour of a Jalis/Malyx set?

The thing is, if a team is going to take you as a rev, they’re still going to want you running facet of nature and darkness…

If it’s a pug group, you’re doing it to safety the chronos/druids’ boon up time when you don’t know who you’re playing with/how tight their rotation is.

And if it’s a planned group, you get more dps gearing your raid around having that extra 33% duration than having the rev save 2 points of upkeep for another sword 2… At the very least, the PS’s/Chrono’s can run seaweed instead of dumplings.