Revert Mai Trin, put lvl 80 fractals

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Zephyric Reaper.3049

Zephyric Reaper.3049

It’s obvious by now that Mai Trin is out of line compared to the other fractal. It’s as if it scales much higher and harder than the others. The encounter is the same, but the numbers are not.
I did try Mai trin on a lvl 29 today. It was a pug party, and while I feel I could be able to solo it still, I could not because I could not switch from my thief (opener). Thief has terrible healing, cleansing and no blocks, naturally, this fight is unfair because what thief has, dodges, doesn’t count of the one instagib you want to dodge. So it was a failure since my armor broke and I could not solo the boss; the cooldowns were too high for the rate in which she used shadowshot.
If I was a guardian i could have solo’d the boss way too easily with the chaining of blocks and uptime vigor.
The problem here is that the numbers were too high, almost as if it was a 50, or harder. People have obviously felt that Mai trin is well out of place but some people are going about “Hey, I want challenge”. And if that is excuse NOT to revert it then I might as well not do fractals any longer since it was already very unrewarding to start with.
My proposition is to tone down Mai and bring back to high-high level fractals for those who like robot-ing boss mechanics to do so while leaving the fractals balanced as they were before.

OT: While we’re on about balancing fractals. I’d like a balance on homing projectiles. More often than not you dodge INTO the orbs of the unclassified fractal asura and they do a 180° to hit you anyway.

TL;DR

Mai Trin is actually 20 levels above the difficulty compared to fractals of the same level. Tone her down and add higher levels for people wanting challenge.

(edited by Zephyric Reaper.3049)

Posted by: Veckna.9621

Veckna.9621

Yet I find it a lot easier to solo it on my thief due to the unreal number of skills with evade frames e.g. withdraw and roll for initiative, won’t even get into the acrobatics tree.
Smoke screen blocks Mai Trin’s lightning shot → shadowstep ability and well stealth makes cannon phase a walk in the park literally.

Though I must agree that it is out of line when compared to the other final fractals, they’ll need to either buff the remaining final fractals or tone this one down a bit.

Posted by: Zephyric Reaper.3049

Zephyric Reaper.3049

Yet I find it a lot easier to solo it on my thief due to the unreal number of skills with evade frames e.g. withdraw and roll for initiative, won’t even get into the acrobatics tree.
Smoke screen blocks Mai Trin’s lightning shot -> shadowstep ability and well stealth makes cannon phase a walk in the park literally.

Though I must agree that it is out of line when compared to the other final fractals, they’ll need to either buff the remaining final fractals or tone this one down a bit.

You don’t need that many evades as long as you’re fast enough to walk off of horrik’s circles. What I was saying is that smokescreen has a higher CD than her shadowshot, thus, a thief can’t solo Mai Trin, unless you play stealth to recover CD’s for which will take forever to complete.

Posted by: Veckna.9621

Veckna.9621

Smoke screen blocks Mai Trin’s lightning shot -> shadowstep ability and well stealth makes cannon phase a walk in the park literally.

You don’t need that many evades as long as you’re fast enough to walk off of horrik’s circles. What I was saying is that smokescreen has a higher CD than her shadowshot, thus, a thief can’t solo Mai Trin, unless you play stealth to recover CD’s for which will take forever to complete.

I’ll assume dodging her shadowshot is out of the question then when smoke screen is on cooldown?

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

I’ll assume dodging her shadowshot is out of the question then when smoke screen is on cooldown?

How do you want to dodge an undodgeable? Given we’re talking about Pistol Shot or Teleporting Shot here.

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

You can also steal her and pray for 4 sec invurnelability bottle