Rewards Compensation

Rewards Compensation

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Butter.3024

Butter.3024

Before HoT, dungeons were extremely popular and even though they were completely ignored by Anet for 3 years, people still do it daily, a good casual contents to do with friends, a great way to help new players gear and get used to the game, and even after 3 people still figuring what is the best composition/strategy for each dungeons

Now no doubt the rewards for dungeon before HoT were too efficient. It was the primarily way people earn liquid gold in the game.

I’m not asking for Anet to support dungeons, as I said earlier it was completely ignored by Anet for 3 years, there are countless bugs, exploits, some paths are not worth doing at all for the amount of time it took (SE 2, HOTW 2 3, TA aether, etc), similar to high level fractals these day.

You don’t have to support dungeons Anet, but you didn’t have to KILL it. You basically removed it from the game. Most people will never touch dungeons again. Why would you spend years developing contents that most people enjoy doing then just completely kill it?

Give people reasons to do dungeons again, compensate the rewards that have been nerfed to oblivion. Obviously don’t let dungeons give a ridiculous amount of liquid gold like before, instead you can do:
- Dungeons give more tokens now depend on the path
- Dailies for finishing dungeons just like Fractals dailies
- Give different materials as reward, especially ones that required to craft ascended equipments (silk, ore, woods, leather, etc)
- Golden Fractals weapon treatment, when you combine an existing dungeons weapons + mats = new color weapons (red AC weapons for example)
etc

There are so many ways you can compensate for the rewards nerf of dungeons, I’m just asking please Anet, don’t kill you own contents.

Thank you for reading and I hope you consider to compensate for dungeons as it is a quite fun/casual contents for most of us

Rewards Compensation

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: UnbentMars.9126

UnbentMars.9126

100% agree with giving dungeon dailies (I put this first because I like this idea the most). Adding Fractal dailies has massively improved the size of the fractal community between levels 1-65 or so (highest level fractals are still done by about the same size community but since AR is much easier to come by that number should start growing soon).

I think Anet made the right move by reducing liquid rewards, but in keeping with their “earn it rather than buy it” mentality for gear in HoT increasing the token and hard rewards is a great next step.

The skins one I also agree with though to a lesser extent, largely because I think Anet should focus on new Raid and skins rather than reskinning old content. I think a great move that Anet could do would be to add a buyable Champ loot box for dungeon tokens. This box would have a chance to give ascended gear in a stat combination that makes sense for the dungeon (condition gear for Arah, zerker gear for CoF, PVT for AC, etc.) and the chance would be based on how many tokens it took to buy the box (if it cost 50 tokens as opposed to 500, for example). Making this kind of loot available but account bound would prevent the economic inflation they don’t want but still reward dungeoneers and incentivize the greater community to do them rather than the goldrunners.

What are your thoughts?

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker
“Beware he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”