Rewards Revamp needs to happen.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: RubberDougie.2750

RubberDougie.2750

Have it reward us more (and less than it does now for super-speedy runs) for runs that take longer (with a timer that keeps progress of when we actually “do” stuff). Standardize all dungeons to have approximately the same reward / time, no matter how meta or un-meta the teams are.

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

All this would accomplish would be that people would wait until whatever wicket occurred to get a higher reward.

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

You want to be rewarded for taking longer? That’s nonsense. You’re asking for the participation reward to be top prize here.

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

I have no idea how you can end up with such idea… Ty for entertaining though

Posted by: stambogalizi.8356

stambogalizi.8356

Stop trying to push this mentality. Why would you give people more rewards for taking longer to do something? It’s a concept I don’t understand.

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

Better idea, scale all rewards based on the current record for a dungeon. That way it’s relative to the lowest possible achievable time.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Better idea, just globally improve rewards based on the length and difficulty of a dungeon.

Ignore the rest, because records are player made and utterly irrelevant to the vast majority of the player base.

Posted by: theoutsider.7849

theoutsider.7849

Have it reward us more (and less than it does now for super-speedy runs) for runs that take longer (with a timer that keeps progress of when we actually “do” stuff). Standardize all dungeons to have approximately the same reward / time, no matter how meta or un-meta the teams are.

Soo… people who put more effort into dungeons should get less reward for it?

Attachments:

Posted by: Tarasicodissa.7084

Tarasicodissa.7084

Better idea, scale all rewards based on the current record for a dungeon. That way it’s relative to the lowest possible achievable time.

That’s an interesting idea. I was thinking perhaps every day, at reset time (no need to be online), players from the party holding the best time at that day would receive some extra gold+tokens. Then maybe also a bigger reward for monthly best time.
The problem with all-time records is that they are build dependent, so if all players get a power boost or Anet messes up with downscaling, the best achievable time for that dungeon changes. Best thing is to just compete with the players who completed the dungeon the same day/month – for an adequate reward.

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

That’s an interesting idea. I was thinking perhaps every day, at reset time (no need to be online), players from the party holding the best time at that day would receive some extra gold+tokens. Then maybe also a bigger reward for monthly best time.
The problem with all-time records is that they are build dependent, so if all players get a power boost or Anet messes up with downscaling, the best achievable time for that dungeon changes. Best thing is to just compete with the players who completed the dungeon the same day/month – for an adequate reward.

This is similar to how the faction missions worked in GW1. You got more faction points if you beat the current times and such.

Though if Anet did something like this, they’d really need to fix some of the mountain goating skips that can be done.

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

I don’t get it. You want to get more rewards if you spend more time? Like… autorun into a wall for 50 minutes in CoE before the last alpha fight (then kill him) and get tons of gold/tokens? (Autorunning is also “doing stuff”)

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Hey, I have an idea!!!

What if they just threw rewards at us for logging in?

Oh wait…

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

cancer/10 – “would entitle myself again” – PHIW IGN’

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

People often say that taking longer to kill a boss makes the berseker player work harder, due to needing to manage the sometimes lenthgy active defenses cooldowns they have. Killing a boss fast removes this from the equation. Killing a boss not so fast, well, based on some arguments I have read on these forums, is “harder” for berserker players. I’ll find an example of someone saying this when I have more time, currently working

So yeah, based SOLELY on some of the stuff I have read on the forums posted by some top tier dungeon enthusiasts, he just may be on to something.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

dlonie.6547

People often say that taking longer to kill a boss makes the berseker player work harder, due to needing to manage the sometimes lenthgy active defenses cooldowns they have. Killing a boss fast removes this from the equation. Killing a boss not so fast, well, based on some arguments I have read on these forums, is “harder” for berserker players. I’ll find an example of someone saying this when I have more time, currently working

So yeah, based SOLELY on some of the stuff I have read on the forums posted by some top tier dungeon enthusiasts, he just may be on to something.

There’s a definite problem, but this is a terrible solution. It literally punishes people for learning to play well, and rewards people for playing poorly, or AFKing.

Do you really want every dungeon run to end with the party standing around, waiting for a timer to run out so that they can maximize their reward? Does that sound fun?

The problem is that it’s not only possible, but incredibly simple to shut down and blow up bosses before they can even attack once, particularly in low level dungeons. Fixing the mechanics that allow this is what’s needed, not penalizing players who are able to beat content quickly.

Hopefully the breakerbar will improve the situation on that front.

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

Oh not at all, notice I didn’t say I supported or was against it. I just said he was on to something, which he is. Whether it’s right or not is up to A net :p

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

dlonie.6547

No worries, that wasn’t really directed at you (even though I did say “you” >.<). Just pointing out what the actual outcome would be if OP’s idea actually went into effect

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

Yeah let’s let people afk in a dungeon instance for 24 hours so that they can each get precursors. Such logic….

Tour

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

The part you’re missing though is that if you stack your passive defenses you don’t need to worry about your active ones. That reasoning you gave though is why going to a setup that gives some more passive defense but not enough to bring you to another bracket of survival (can take 1/2/3 hits) is generally a bad idea as you don’t really gain much but you lose a bit.

Posted by: IllegalChocolate.6938

IllegalChocolate.6938

if you want to encourage exploration and well killing everything then you need to basically look at the games that reward you for doing so.

1. procedurally generated bonus hidden chests placed throughout the map with high exotic and rare drop rate, effected by magic find that in itself is worth trying to hunt down in a time spent vs reward gained format exceeding that of the silverwastes shovel train.
2. bonus objective kill targets like the ascalon catacombs troll, rewarding additional dungeon tokens as well as a bonus chest with high chance to drop high quality materials and more if completing additional minute to minute achievements like not getting hit by tremor or ground slam
3. soul doors akin to hack and slash games like devil may cry that require you to kill all targets in the room, side challenge rooms that can reward up to double or triple that of completing the dungeon itself if additional bonus objectives can be met like completing a challenge room without using an elite or healing skill or killing lupi without reflecting any projectiles and keeping him within specific combat space rather than wall cheesing him.
4. explorable path completed reward + bonus end mission reward that weighs more towards amount of mobs killed, bonus chests opened, challenges completed

reward exploration and people will explore.

Posted by: dutchiez.7502

dutchiez.7502

Sure, it would be harder for a full berserker player to take longer to kill a boss. But if the objective is to make the bossfight last longer, you could just replace your berserker gear with nomads and exchange all your damage for passive defense.

Your damage would be pitiful, but you would be able to facetank almost any boss in the game (especially with 4 other nomad players) and would draw out each fight to be very long, but ultimately put even less effort into the game because all you had to do was spam skill 1.

Nova [rT]