Runes for shared heavy armor

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Jure Simich.6154

Jure Simich.6154

I just finished my ascended heavy armor set, which happily can be used by both my guardian and my warrior(s). Great. Except I’m not exactly sure what to put into the upgrade slots. I am, after all, quite out of cash

Of course, rubies for the time being, money being tight and all, but for longer term, I was considering Runes of strength, since they’re generally useful and allow the warrior to run a phalanx setup, which is appreciated by PUGs.

Any alternative suggestions?

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

I’d go with scholar, still the best rune possible for optimized group, with few exception who can make great use of range rune. But for heavy, scholar for sure since guardian won’t benefit as much from strength.

It really comes down to which one of the 2 you are mostly going to play, and if you PuG a lot.

(edited by Trice.4598)

Posted by: Dammerung.6419

Dammerung.6419

I’m going to suggest Hoelbrak runes: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rune_of_Hoelbrak. I did the same as you and wanted to share a heavy zerker set between my warr and guard and went with these runes. I can use them for things like pve and dungeons with that might stack, but also I can bring them into wvw as well, where the -20% condi duration is awesome. It’s a very versatile set.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Rune of Strength or Hoelbrak are good for Phalanx warrior, but not a DPS warrior or a Guardian. Strength is also really expensive.

Scholar on the other hand work with all build and its a bit less expensive. Sure Phalanx warrior will be a bit less good a might, but it will still work.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Scholar all the way.
Scholar best rune.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I still use Strength runes in my ascended heavy armor on my Warrior because I do a lot more pub stuff with him than organized speed clearing and thus use PS more. I also do a lot more fractals with him than regular dungeons, where PS is more valuable. Strength runes help a lot in open world defense for places like Tequatl turret defense where no random pubs properly stack might at all, and the might goes a long way to enabling them to clear the champs that spawn there.

But if you’re not primarily using your heavies for that, I highly recommend going with Scholar, like others have suggested.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Places where you would need an ascended set should be level 80 maps and we only have a few: Fractals, Arah, CoE, Orr, Dry Top, Silverwaste, South Sun Cove, Frostgorge Sound and World vs World. Considering the versatility, I say runes of Strength and Hoelbrak are not bad at all.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: Gunsnroll.2657

Gunsnroll.2657

They’re good for PS warrior and that’s all.
A DPS warrior won’t use them, same as a guardian/
Although, Scholar will be great for both Guardian and DPS Warrior, and would be acceptable for PS warrior.
If you have one set, get a scholar set, period.

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

Ranger runes. 2nd only to Scholars and don’t have to watch your health all the time.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

The problem with Ranger Runes is that it’s probably a glitch. Don’t think that Anet really planned on this rune to work with miniature.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

The problem with Ranger Runes is that it’s probably a glitch. Don’t think that Anet really planned on this rune to work with miniature.

Well the “bug” has been there always and it has gone over 2 feature packs (one which had specific focus on runes and sigils) and it still works. Infant they only buffed it with the miniature change to make sure you always have that dmg bonus.

Posted by: Froom Ethron.6938

Froom Ethron.6938

i had scholar runes previously, but unless you’re running in an optimal group with life stealing…chances are, you’re going to go under 90% a lot of times and render the bonus damage useless.

I quite like the pack runes and use it on my guardian:
1. +25 Power
2. +10% Swiftness Duration
3. +50 Power
4. 25% chance when struck to grant nearby allies Might, Fury, and Swiftness for 10s. (Cooldown: 20s)
5. +100 Power
6. +20% Swiftness Duration; +125 Precision

think it’d work pretty well with warrior too.

(edited by Froom Ethron.6938)