Runes of Strength just got nerfed

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Mossy Gargoyle.3274

Mossy Gargoyle.3274

Go to the 12:10 mark for patch notes on the nerf to Runes of Strength.

Fankittentastic. Groan.

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

It was to be expected. Single most used rune in the current PvE and PvP meta builds.

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

^ what he said.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

As if damage needed to be nerfed anymore than it already has.

All they really had to do was add a tradeoff to the damage, like scholar runes have. The 7% damage is basically unconditional because of many options for might there are.

What they should have done was have it provide you damage based off of how much might you currently have. For example, 10+ stacks of might 5% damage, 20+ stacks of might 7% damage… etc.

Mossy Gargoyle.3274

^ But that would be too logical. Easy way out is the Anet way.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

As if damage needed to be nerfed anymore than it already has.

All they really had to do was add a tradeoff to the damage, like scholar runes have. The 7% damage is basically unconditional because of many options for might there are.

What they should have done was have it provide you damage based off of how much might you currently have. For example, 10+ stacks of might 5% damage, 20+ stacks of might 7% damage… etc.

Too many words and we know that reading is an exploit. No go.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

good thing it was nerfed it was too good compared to other runes. where is diversity if the choice is obvious. I feel sorry for the people that spent 100 gold on runes.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

i bought 6 when they were 70silver so not so bad for me to replace them :-)

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Anyone know where the text patch notes are located?

Glad I didn’t buy str runes.

Posted by: Laar.5476

Laar.5476

I made a killing seeing as I bought mine for super cheap, I didn’t have many though, but meh.

Mossy Gargoyle.3274

From patch notes:
Rune of Strength: The 4-piece bonus has had its might duration reduced from 10 seconds to 5 seconds for both the Major and Superior versions. The 6-piece bonus has had its damage bonus reduced from 7% to 5% while under the effect of might.

Posted by: Veckna.9621

Veckna.9621

2% less damage, still leaves Scholar Runes eating dirt in sub-optimal situations.
Though it was expected and the 4-piece bonus nerf is rather negligible outside of a PvP scenario I’d say.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

The four piece now creates might stacks that are much worse than the might from blasting fire fields, though, so that’s actually pretty annoying.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

Yet another reason not to make the ascended armor investment. I feel for people who will end up overwriting runes back to scholar or buying extractors. I’ll probably just keep my exotic set for in case I forget to repair my scholar set and it goes broken.

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

Back to Scholar runes then I guess.

9 Guardians later…

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

we literally just lost 2% damage

not a big deal

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

Scholar were definitely better for group play, and Strength definitely better for solo play. But you didn’t feel bad about using Strength in group play because it wasn’t so much worse that it bothered you, and some of the side benefits for Might stacking were actually nice, along with not having to constantly monitor a Scholar bonus.

But now there is a pretty wide gap between the two for group play and Strength is pretty much untenable in groups. Before the difference between a 40k hundred blades and a 37k hundred blades wasn’t terrible, but 36k versus 40k starts to be more noticeable.

Before I would advise people to just run strength if they weren’t sure since it was clearly better for solos and stuff and perfectly fine for groups, but now the decision requires a lot more thought.

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I still think Strength is worth the loss of DPS if you’re running strictly a might stacking build like Phalanx Strength Warrior (and maybe some more DPS-oriented Warrior builds too), but I don’t think it’s justified for any other class or build setup right now. Elementalists will really feel the damage loss from this nerf if they run Strength, and might duration is long enough with them blasting fire fields anyway, so I think they’re much better geared with Scholar runes.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Veckna.9621

Veckna.9621

Inb4 I feel convinced to craft another ascended set in which I’d stick scholar runes into QQ

Posted by: No Pulse.2967

No Pulse.2967

Look at that Rune of Hoelbrak price, lol.

Inactive member in Dark Renegatus [REN]
The Order of Calamity [OOC] is recruiting!
5/8 Champion titles

Posted by: RemiRome.8495

RemiRome.8495

Look at that Rune of Hoelbrak price, lol.

No idea what’s going on. Nothing changed. Still cool in WvW. Strength is still better PvE.

wtf

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

People bought the hype.

My Strength rune set is still good for fractal and zerging. Nothing changes much though. That said, my war is strictly a Phalanx Strength BBB and my ele still has her scholar for normal dungeon.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

(edited by Iris Ng.9845)