SE Path 1 - bugged or just insane?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Exterminans.9723

Exterminans.9723

I’m talking about the first boss in Sorrow’s Embrace where you have to fight a golem boss which is surrounded by 3 veteran inquest and every 20 seconds 3 ADDITIONAL VETERAN inquests spawn. Not to replace the ones you already killed, instead they stack with those you haven’t managed to kill yet.

If you take longer than 60 seconds to kill the boss, you would have to deal with a total of 12 veterans plus the boss.

We went in with full rare/exotic equip, but we still couldn’t get the boss below 50% before we got overwhelmed by veterans up to that point where even the guardian got onehittet before getting a single strike.

Once there are more than 9 veterans, you can only die, rally to a distant waypoint and wait until they all ran away.

So what seems to be wrong?
The 3 (or 4) veterans standing right next to the golem boss seem to be right (and working as intended), the groups of 3 veterans each which keep running up the path while fighting the boss DON’T.

You can hardly beat them while dealing with the barricades, but they are impossible to deal while engaging the boss.

It appears like the veterans running up the path actually should be NON-veteran level inquest, in that case it would offer a fair difficulty level.

But right now, this path is considered the same difficulty as the one bugged Arah path, which is not “hard” but “impossible” if you don’t go borderline glass canon to kill the bugged boss before it resets.

(Well, in the end we actually managed to beat that boss by finding a spot where we could do AoE-damage and the boss and all the inquest would neither reset nor engage nor kite. But being forced to exploit to do a boss isn’t nice. The rest of the dungeon (the other 6 bosses) was actually quite easy and can be done without dieing at all. It only lacks a waypoint, somewhere halfway.)

(edited by Exterminans.9723)

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Its simple (if they dont fix that I wasnt there a long time). In very first wave you dont kill last mob so waves of veterans dont spawn. One player stay with that mob at start while rest kill first and second boss. After that you can continue normaly.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Exterminans.9723

So you suggest using yet another exploit to do the dungeon? Not killing the first group and thereby completely disabling the waves? And you have to keep that mob alive so it won’t unspawn?

Posted by: DLoGaming.2419

DLoGaming.2419

It is actually intended to spawn multiple waves. If you run up the ramp and jump off onto the rock ledge to the right, you let the first 2 waves run passed the group. Then you have a longer gap in between with which to burn the golem. It is still hectic and adds still spawn, but it isn’t as bad. Also, rather then fighting wave after wave along the pathway, break the doors and keep moving. When you reach the second boss, the bridge clears.

Exterminans.9723

That “longer gap” doesn’t exist any more, it’s gone since the large dungeon patch. The longest interval between 2 waves is 30 seconds now which is barely enough to take down the golem.

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

It’s insane, but I love the challenge of doing it. What fun would getting dungeon master be if every path was as easy as CoF 1?

There’s probably some exploit (Knowing this game, somebody will have found one) to make it easier but where’s the fun in that? SE isn’t one of the dungeons you do for farm, it’s not AC or CoF, it’s one of the ones you do for a challenge.

No nerf pls.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

Exterminans.9723

Writetyper, have you done path 1 recently? I mean past the december patch? With a group which hadn’t full exotic / ascended equip yet?
And did you try it without making use of any of the exploits like “keeping one alive” or “finding a bugged spot to stand”?

Writetyper.1985

Writetyper, have you done path 1 recently? I mean past the december patch? With a group which hadn’t full exotic / ascended equip yet?
And did you try it without making use of any of the exploits like “keeping one alive” or “finding a bugged spot to stand”?

I did it three days ago. I was using a rare greatsword but full exotics otherwise, I don’t know about the rest of the group but full exotics aren’t that hard to get and they’re all 80’s so I think it’s safe to assume they were properly geared.

We fought it, the hard way. It was fun.

really bad engineer

Posted by: pdfrod.1948

pdfrod.1948

This has been discussed over and over. See https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/SE-path-1-2

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

I’ve done SE Path 1 several times… and everytime we just kill every Group which comes along.. worked pretty fine to be honest. You just need people who know how to play in a proper way.

(We had 2Mesmers, Warrior, Necro and Ranger)

Reaper – Anguîsh

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

Though it’s easy and simple if you have the right group and the right classes + using some sort of trick like a lot of people here like to say. I’m certain the path is not supposed to spawn infinite waves of veteran mobs. I don’t think there’s a fix coming for this anytime soon either.

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

pdfrod.1948

Though it’s easy and simple if you have the right group and the right classes + using some sort of trick like a lot of people here like to say. I’m certain the path is not supposed to spawn infinite waves of veteran mobs. I don’t think there’s a fix coming for this anytime soon either.

Where did you get that idea from? The devs have in fact confirmed that the infinite waves are working as intended https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/SE-path-1-2/923109

Zogyark.4597

Okay, I haven’t done this path since november 13th so I guess they changed their minds, back then a dev said that infinite waves weren’t intended, before they patched it there were no infinite waves and the dungeon objective back then said “defeat the incoming waves” NOT “Fight your way through the infinite waves”

Sad they took the lazy route on this one.

Exterminans.9723

Probably unintended change / bad internal communication on the side of Anet. It’s rarely the same person which resolves bug and the one who actually planned the dungeon. Which leads to new bugs, like this one.

pdfrod.1948

I actually like how it is right now: challenging and short. More dungeons should be like this.

Exterminans.9723

“Challenging and short”? Seriously? Are you sure, it’s not path 3 you are talking about?

Besides, where is challenge?
You are forced to go for a borderline burst build and it isn’t even possible with some classes as they simply don’t have any suiteable burst skills. It’s not even about lack of teamplay or skill, either your whole group is equiped for that situation or it isn’t possible.

Posted by: Rainzar.6905

Rainzar.6905

clearly what this path needs is MORE inquest to rally off.

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

that path bugged out even worse for my group. It would spawn more than 3 (8-10) every 20 seconds and they wouldn’t stop spawning after the boss is dead either. We had to fight all the way to the next boss with more and more veterans rallying down that road and there were no extra wps afterwards either, so if anyone died at any point later they would have to run trough vets rallying down that path in groups. The funny thing is that when you use that wp you also sometimes spawn surrounded by a group of 20 of them because they just kept on pilling.

Zogyark.4597

that path bugged out even worse for my group. It would spawn more than 3 (8-10) every 20 seconds and they wouldn’t stop spawning after the boss is dead either. We had to fight all the way to the next boss with more and more veterans rallying down that road and there were no extra wps afterwards either, so if anyone died at any point later they would have to run trough vets rallying down that path in groups. The funny thing is that when you use that wp you also sometimes spawn surrounded by a group of 20 of them because they just kept on pilling.

Lol yeah, this is working as intended just like that game dev said.

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

are they supposed to be vets and NEVER disappear until the clog the whole way from the wp to the other boss?

pdfrod.1948

“Challenging and short”? Seriously? Are you sure, it’s not path 3 you are talking about?

You are forced to go for a borderline burst build and it isn’t even possible with some classes as they simply don’t have any suiteable burst skills. It’s not even about lack of teamplay or skill, either your whole group is equiped for that situation or it isn’t possible.

Yes, I’m talking about path 1.

You are not forced to go burst, as far as I know. I’ve done this with a Guardian using a mix of master and rare gear. My DPS was certainly far from great. The group I’ve done it with (a PuG) failed the first couple of tries, but then we restrategized and did it.

Zogyark.4597

are they supposed to be vets and NEVER disappear until the clog the whole way from the wp to the other boss?

Correct, It’s supposed to give you this feeling

Writetyper.1985

But it is really short. After this part you’ve got an easy boss, some golems, and then the last boss.

really bad engineer

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

If your team doesn’t have the necessary dps to kill the golem and have at least one guardian, tell him to use Shield of the Avenger and Wall of reflection to minimize projectiles and use Stand Your Ground for stability.
Elementalists and thieves can also use their anti projectiles to help with the fight.

Or you could unfortunately do like some PuGs and jump on the rock not to far from the golem and kill it by using ground targeting skills…