SE path 1

SE path 1

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Morpurgo.6371

Morpurgo.6371

I’ve managed to complete it few hours ago. Tactic is rather simple:
1. Go through a portal.
2. Run across a bridge, then jump onto the rock ledge on the right.
3. Wait for first patrol to run by, then rush the golem.
4. Burst down the golem while ignoring all adds/patrols.
5. Wipe.
6. Get back on a ledge and wait for patrol to run by.
7. Rush barriers.
8. Pull Asura boss to the gate behind him and kill him.

SE path 1

Posted by: Braxxis.7062

Braxxis.7062

This was “fixed” i guess, but i still have the same endless waves of mobs on the first boss, it gets to a point where my whole team is being spawn camped by mobs.
sadly this is the last path i need for dungeon master, i am all for a hard fight, but really?

The endless waves weren’t what was fixed. They were still spawning while you fight the Asura boss after the Golem, which they weren’t supposed to do. Once you reach him they are supposed to stop spawning, and now they do.

Nahla Lisandril / Ashelia Morin / Craulk
Yolaine / Orindine / Maliasera
~ Among the Ashes [Dust] ~

SE path 1

Posted by: Obiwhan.1236

Obiwhan.1236

Wipe….. No “TACTIC” should include wiping…. The point is that path is so KITTENED its maddening

SE path 1

Posted by: Morpurgo.6371

Morpurgo.6371

Wipe….. No “TACTIC” should include wiping…. The point is that path is so KITTENED its maddening

If you’re able to withstand several silver patrol packs after golem is dead, Wiping part can be renamed to “Kill adds and teleport back to a portal”

SE path 1

Posted by: William Fairfield.1428

William Fairfield.1428

Game Designer

Braxxis is correct. The Golem boss is more of a “mini-boss” and it is by design that you fight him while the waves are coming.

SE path 1

Posted by: Celle.2716

Celle.2716

SE 1 (1st Miniboss+waves) is hard but doable. Timing and teamwork are important i have to say.

I have done it yesterday with my guildmates. (the first time) 2 wipes included.
We talked about a strategie and boom, no problem.
And yes, it´s very hard. (as intended)

Thank you Arenanet

(edited by Celle.2716)

SE path 1

Posted by: Radakaster.9180

Radakaster.9180

Wasn’t it the intention that dungeon instances would be balanced? Sorrow’s Embrace is likely one of the least popular dungeon right now due to the fact that path 1 is only doable by a very specific group setup, and with wipes. Path 2 is extremely long and tedious, and path 3 is the only one that’s actively being completed.

As for path 1 needing a very specific group, let me explain: It is a requirement to have a party with an extremely high burst damage output. It is not possible to kill the golem and deal with the adds otherwise. I’ve tried this run multiple times with different parties, all with full level 80 groups with full exotic sets, we still got wiped over and over and over again.

Maybe if all the patrols were not veteran difficulty, this would be possible and your intended design actually feasable. People could rally off killing easier adds, etc.. Not requiring wipes and making it feasable for different types of party combinations and players with different amounts of experience/expensive gear.

Last but not least, meaning no disrespect, but do developers test before they implement things or reply to threads stating that things are by design?

It might be helpful for you as a team, and us as players, if you had video’s of your team showing how some things are intended. We would see what mean with ‘by design’ and you could receive more constructive feedback from players since they would understand your intention.

Radakaster [ThUn]
Desolation

SE path 1

Posted by: Celle.2716

Celle.2716

As for path 1 needing a very specific group, let me explain: It is a requirement to have a party with an extremely high burst damage output. It is not possible to kill the golem and deal with the adds otherwise. I’ve tried this run multiple times with different parties, all with full level 80 groups with full exotic sets, we still got wiped over and over and over again.

We had 3 support builds and 1 player with an unoptimal build and made it.

you are wrong.

Path 2 is extremely long and tedious, and path 3 is the only one that’s actively being completed.

I agree. The paths could be shorter (compared to other dungeons).

(edited by Celle.2716)

SE path 1

Posted by: Joel.5912

Joel.5912

Stop whining about the difficulty tbh. It’s one of the dungeons that actually requires some kind of decent team setup, which makes it way more fun. The path is really not long either, did it today and it’s as long as path 3, sort of.

SE path 1

Posted by: Radakaster.9180

Radakaster.9180

Stop whining about the difficulty tbh. It’s one of the dungeons that actually requires some kind of decent team setup, which makes it way more fun. The path is really not long either, did it today and it’s as long as path 3, sort of.

I wasn’t trying to whine, just trying to be constructive. Hence also mentioning that having video’s to show their intention could be an overall improvement, definitely on changes. (as you can see by the feedback on the latest patch)

I haven’t tried SE path 1 in a week or 2-3, so maybe things have changed and I’ll try again. But either way, the spirit of what I said remains true. Furthermore, even if you managed to finish it, and things haven’t changed, does not imply that no changes are needed. Being a statistical anomaly does not make you the voice of reason. I’m sure devs can statistically see how often an instance gets completed, and therefore can deduce if there is an issue or not.

Edit: I just noticed the sticky with the video’s for instances. The recommendation stands for updates, but I’ll check out the video. Cheers

Radakaster [ThUn]
Desolation

(edited by Radakaster.9180)

SE path 1

Posted by: UnderdogSMO.9428

UnderdogSMO.9428

Braxxis is correct. The Golem boss is more of a “mini-boss” and it is by design that you fight him while the waves are coming.

Its designed poorly. they shouldn’t be able to spawn camp.

SE path 1

Posted by: patasde.6087

patasde.6087

there should be longer timer between spawns of waves to make it easier… mby after 2 months i will finaly have my achivement

SE path 1

Posted by: PlaneWalker.8346

PlaneWalker.8346

I’ve completed path1 twice after the patch. And boss 1 fight is hurt but every decent team can do it without wipe. Just need some high dps class, with better aoe and controlling skill. Well you know what I mean.

SE path 1

Posted by: Ansultares.1567

Ansultares.1567

I don’t bother PUGing this or path 2 anymore. Shame because they were both formerly enjoyable paths.

SE path 1

Posted by: Joon.2381

Joon.2381

Have done path 1 myself a couple of times both before and after the “noticable” change to it.

I´d like to point out that path 1 is now as we all know very dependent of a party with high dps. Making professions with other than a dps build less valuable for path 1 and that they are lowering the overall high dps needed for this path.
Would also like to say this is almost like the last boss in CoF path 1. A couple patches ago this boss was extremely hard to kill due to the high HP regeneration he could get, meaning that you would also need a party with a high overall dps. So the Anet team nerfed him so this path became alot more popular(even more than path 2 I´d say).

Are the dps builders suppose to be the only ones to be able to complete SE path 1 Anet? Or do we have to retrait before this dungeon and get ourselves gear matching a dps trait-build to be able to complete a content like SE path 1, even if there are players like myself who doesn´t like to go all out dps?

Also, about all the whining about SE path 1 and just generally whining itself. I believe people have the right to whine as long as they bring a good point to their opinion. You can´t tell people to stop whining just because you have been able to do the dungeon or likely in other cirtumstances.

SE path 1

Posted by: fourpoundburrito.1698

fourpoundburrito.1698

I just did this with a pug and can verify that it’s fixed. Engaging the Asura boss caused the patrols to stop. Was still tough to get through the golem though, it took 1 wipe and we only got it down after 3 of the party grave rushed. We had 2 guardians, 2 eles, and 1 engi.

SE path 1

Posted by: Kaon.7192

Kaon.7192

I’m ok with endless waves, but they really shouldn’t be camping the Waypoint…

SE path 1

Posted by: Bruno Sardine.2907

Bruno Sardine.2907

Ok… so why are the waves filled with all silver mobs then? I mean, you have the 4 veteran (or are they champion) dredge suits in path 2 that spit out a bunch of dredge but they’re all regular mobs.

SE path 1

Braxxis.7062

They don’t, if no one is there for them to aggro they run by and despawn at the gate. If you have too many mobs to handle, just go back to the entrance waypoint and wait 30 seconds or so.

SE path 1

Posted by: phinny.3546

phinny.3546

Anytime a game manager must get on to defend their decision, it’s probably the wrong move from the game manager. A) they should NOT follow you back to the spawn point. You should NOT have to accept wiping, C) There is no direction on what you’re supposed to do to make the waves stop in game, and we have to read a stupid forum to stand a chance. I am fine with difficult paths, but NOBODY runs this thing because its an utter waste of time and repair money. AT LEAST provide better directions (i.e. get o the golem and the waves stop)

SE path 1

Posted by: Dead.7385

Dead.7385

They don’t, if no one is there for them to aggro they run by and despawn at the gate. If you have too many mobs to handle, just go back to the entrance waypoint and wait 30 seconds or so.

Working around an issue doesn’t make it any better. Mobs should never agro a respawn area. Its just bad design, and there isn’t any other way to look at it.

SE path 1

Posted by: Lassor.8673

Lassor.8673

The notion that you need a certain setup to complete this dungeon is completely false. I’ve completed the path 3 times now and twice with pugs just grabbing whoever was available. Yes, you need people that actually play well to complete it and it is by no means easy, but it is far from impossible as many seem to make it out to be. I’ve done it with all squishies and also with 3 heavy armor people. Be prepared to kick people that do not play their class well or take friends that you trust and if you’re still failing figure out how to improve your character. The first time we tried it we failed horrendously for about 3 hours. It’s a good wake up call that maybe you’re not as good as you thought you were. It caused me to improve my character and play and now it’s not as big of a deal to complete. I’m in pretty much all yellow gear by the way.

SE path 1

Posted by: Nonlinear.9823

Nonlinear.9823

You don’t need a certain setup or certain classes all you need is high DPS (i.e. level 80 and exotics) a little coordination and most importantly proper gear and spec. You’re not going to do it if you are specced 100% defense/support and hit like a wet noodle for 600 damage with a two handed weapon.

Leave the gimmicks back in Lion’s Arch you can get them back out again when you’re lolfacerolling Citadel of Flame for the 1,000th time.

I’ve cleared p1 three times in the past week or so. It’s actually really fast and easy if you can kill the golem quickly. Again, all you need is high DPS to blast the golem down and take out the barriers. Direct damage is preferred to drop the barriers but I’ve done it as a condition build.

SE path 1

Braxxis.7062

Working around an issue doesn’t make it any better. Mobs should never agro a respawn area. Its just bad design, and there isn’t any other way to look at it.

Mobs aggro respawn locations throughout the whole game. Waypoints don’t have a magical barrier around them that prevents mobs from beating you in the face. You aggro a mob and drag it to a waypoint and die, that mob will still be right there ready to go for round 2 with your jiggly bits.

The waves in SE Path 1 spawn at the Asura boss and run down the path to the gate past the Waypoint. If they come across anyone along the way, they aggro them. That waypoint happens to be “along the way”. It’s not a problem unless you get multiple waves and try to waypoint rush them, eventually they are going to push you back to it. If you keep choosing that waypoint at that point, the repair bills are your own fault for not retreating.

It’s not all that difficult to get to the Asura and stop the waves from coming. I have run it numerous times with your average pug group, it just involves strategy. And you can not complain about an explorable requiring strategy. They are supposed to take strategy. They are supposed to be more difficult than story mode.

• The four mobs with the golem don’t respawn.
  • After the cutscene on the bridge, rush the barriers and get rid of them
  • Jump over to the ledge on the end of the bridge and wait until the wave of adds is about halfway across the bridge
  • If your DPS is low. Rush the golem and kill his 4 adds then retreat back to that ledge. Wait again for the adds to be halfway across the bridge, then rush the Golem
  • If your DPS is not low. Rush the golem, ignore any waves of adds that come and just focus down the golem, pull the golem back to the edge of his aggro leash in case anyone may fall for quicker returns.
  • Once the Golem is down, return to the ledge if there aren’t too many waves. If there are, just suicide off the ledge (no armor damage for falling deaths) and return to the entrance waypoint and wait for 30 seconds.
  • Now once again, return to that ledge, wait for the adds to be halfway across the bridge, and rush the barriers. Ignore waves that come and just keep breaking the barriers.
  • Once you reach the Asura boss, the adds will stop spawning and any that did spawn will drop aggro on you and take off.
  • Now kill the Asura boss.

I’ll admit, the waypoint for that path could be pushed back away from the waves path so that returning there isn’t bad, but it’s not necessary and deaths at that waypoint are really the players fault for choosing that one instead of the other.

SE path 1

Posted by: spoffy.7089

spoffy.7089

Edit: nm, nobody cares about my opinion anyway.

(edited by spoffy.7089)

SE path 1

Braxxis.7062

Yeah, I’m sorry, but this absolutely MUST be changed. In fact, I’m going to bug it every single day until it DOES get changed, because anybody who thinks this is in any way fair or balanced is a troll.

It MUST be changed because it requires teamwork and strategy? Because you can’t just faceroll through it like some other explorables? Truly sad.

SE path 1

Posted by: spoffy.7089

spoffy.7089

Yeah, I’m sorry, but this absolutely MUST be changed. In fact, I’m going to bug it every single day until it DOES get changed, because anybody who thinks this is in any way fair or balanced is a troll.

It MUST be changed because it requires teamwork and strategy? Because you can’t just faceroll through it like some other explorables? Truly sad.

Well, since you replied to it: I followed the exact tactics laid out above. Multiple times, with multiple groups. They didn’t work. But hey, that must be because I suck and you’re all perfect awesome gods, right?

SE path 1

Braxxis.7062

Nope. Again, an average pug out of Lion’s Arch, nothing special, no full glass cannons. In fact I’m a condition/vitality thief. I’ve done this multiple times, with multiple different groups, and only ever failed to complete the path once. The first time I ran it.

SE path 1

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

I personally absoloutely love that a dungeon has a section which actually requires teamwork and a bit of skill to finish rather than just facerolling for once, but considering most people use explorable modes as a farming method, I think it’s kind of unfair to have it be three times as difficult as any other path. However, as doing the hard parts such as this, Kholer, the old Effigy, the Clock Tower and the explosive room with Magg in CoF P2 were some of the most enjoyable parts of this game for me, there needs to be some kind of place we can go for difficult content like this. Fractals doesn’t cut it really, although it’s up there. I just don’t see what the point of grinding for all this stuff is if there’s nothing in the game to really challenge us besides high level fractals and WvW.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

SE path 1

Posted by: AlexDelux.4053

AlexDelux.4053

Really ANet? Really?? I want you to show me how in the world you can fight a boss with 20+ silver mobs around you that kill you in 2 seconds!
I know we should just kill the boss very fast, but I don’t think it’s fun to have to run away because there are too many mobs you just CAN’T kill, no matter how good your party is.

SE path 1

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

Really ANet? Really?? I want you to show me how in the world you can fight a boss with 20+ silver mobs around you that kill you in 2 seconds!
I know we should just kill the boss very fast, but I don’t think it’s fun to have to run away because there are too many mobs you just CAN’T kill, no matter how good your party is.

Just because your group can’t it doesn’t mean its impossible. Our group does it in 15 min tops and sometimes we bring a pug for the ride.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

SE path 1

Posted by: pdfrod.1948

pdfrod.1948

Just because your group can’t it doesn’t mean its impossible. Our group does it in 15 min tops and sometimes we bring a pug for the ride.

True. I’ve done this with PuGs, so it’s pretty possible. We failed the first couple of tries, but then we learned from our mistakes and finally pulled it off. Our DPS wasn’t that great either, but we did a good job of killing some of the mobs (so we wouldn’t be overrun) and controlling the remaining.

Yes it can be very frustrating, but when you get the hang of it, it’s a quite enjoyable path.

SE path 1

Posted by: Orion the Cursed.1206

Orion the Cursed.1206

Agree. The problem is after the golem dies, you are left with 9 to 15 asuras. If you focus on the mobs…. you still cant kill them fast enough because of the boss interfering and they still build up. Unless after you kill it, you run back and mass inv somehow you are guaranteed at least 1 wipe. Then you had to wait a few minutes for them to pass the WP before resurrecting. So the best option is still to take advantage of the bad scripting and hide. The best group i had for this run was 3 warriors and 2 guardians, and a half of us still dies after the golem(killed it below 15 sec). Did i mention how the other bosses (especially Tazza) on this path aren’t even close to this difficult.

SE path 1

Posted by: Saulius.8430

Saulius.8430

mass projectile reflect skills makes it easy ;o
get a mesmer or smth

kill all ze thingz

SE path 1

Orion the Cursed.1206

mass projectile reflect skills makes it easy ;o
get a mesmer or smth

You cant keep it up forever(they all have long cd), and we have to move often. I have a mace/shield guardian spamming boons, but +10 shots each sec from silver mobs are too much. Reflect damage is useless because they have too much hp. The only way is to run, because 95% of the time people cant handle 6 of the silver mobs because it takes too long and two other waves (3 each) will arrive before you finish…. Killing 3 at a time is possible but you cant progress if you dont attack the golem and walls. If you think it was as easy as reflecting i suggest you read:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sorrow%27s_Embrace_(explorable)#Path_1

SE path 1

Saulius.8430

yes i cannot keep it 100% of the time. but it help a lot. at its intent is not to demage the attackers, but to reduce demage for the party.
nobody in my party died. well there were some downed nabs ;D even better for me (10s cd on medics feedback ftw)

and don’t look down on mesmers reflects haha. i have feedback, medics feedback, temporal curtain, iWarden (i’m not on of those nabs who don’t know how to summon it safely)

EDIT: the guide you linked looks obsolete

kill all ze thingz

SE path 1

Orion the Cursed.1206

yes i cannot keep it 100% of the time. but it help a lot. at its intent is not to demage the attackers, but to reduce demage for the party.
nobody in my party died. well there were some downed nabs ;D even better for me (10s cd on medics feedback ftw)

and don’t look down on mesmers reflects haha. i have feedback, medics feedback, temporal curtain, iWarden (i’m not on of those nabs who don’t know how to summon it safely)

EDIT: the guide you linked looks obsolete

And as a shield guardian i dont understand how reflect works? The more time you delay without dealing damage the more mobs gather. How can you still not get that?

i can maintain protection 100% of the time, aegis trice, Heal group for 5k hp, etc. but i cant guarantee every1 will survive. The mobs of silver do more damage than zergs in wvwvw, if you can protect everyone then you should have no problems in every siege by your self. Please dont use is an excuse to boast imposible things. This is not a who is better competition.

This path is never fun even with a pro party and that is a problem. Isnt is better to be able to play without being forced to exploit or die.

How is the link “obsolete”? Because they didnt talk about how only you can deflect everything?

@Anet. All you have to do is give us an additional 5-10 sec before each wave. Change it or dont, i can just run P2 and P3 or other dungeons instead if you are not interested in balancing your dungeons.

SE path 1

Saulius.8430

its obsole because it says ‘they stop spawning’, and u can ‘keep 1 mob from first wave alive to prevent others spawning’

hey sorry if you misunderstood my post. i meant reflect is only good for buying some time(a lot actually). if group cannot kill boss fast enough… then too bad.

and yeah, i wouldn’t do p1 with pugs.

kill all ze thingz

SE path 1

Orion the Cursed.1206

Im not asking for an easy reward by any means. A dungeon should get more difficult as it progresses, not less difficult which this is the case. If players were suposed to hide (you provided 2 very obvious ledges) then have the guide teach us to do it once. Path 1 SE is so short and as long as you get pass the waves everything else is just filler material.

@Saulius.

I have never actually used that trick before, but the fact remains that most people have no choice but to resort to exploits to pass. (similar to CoE story, defend Zhoja while she hacks). One time a group i was with tried to kill everything slowly, but suddenly another wave arrived early and it became 1+3 and before we could finish another wave arrived, this slowly became +8 and in the end we all died. We were doing well (killed golem without dying) to that point. Sometimes the asuras even stand behind the wall/turrets so we cant hit them while they multiply.

Im sorry if i lost my temper. I did this dungeon yesterday and in the first round i had 2 people who never did p1 before. The problem was one of them was very weak and he insisted he wont “exploit” so he kept agroing everything and running to us. Needless to say we had to abandon the run. The second run had 1 newb and we ended up dying about 15 times each. At death number 10, we just kept throwing ourselves at the golem (and die 3 sec later). After that i never even died once (tho some mates died to the 3 golems) first time and all. Amazingly nobody ragequited.

(edited by Orion the Cursed.1206)

SE path 1

Posted by: Altas.9064

Altas.9064

Bring some support guardian and gg. 3 days ago we had mesmer, 2 guardians, warrior and necro. Not even single wipe. Next day 2 necros, mesmer, warrior and ranger – ended up with red equipment. Depends on setup, could be easy or painful. On the other hand, it’s really kitten dungeon, as every other ones. Simply, worst dungeon designs I’ve ever played in MMOs.

SE path 1

Posted by: Shinki.8045

Shinki.8045

Completed Path 1 a couple days ago. We just brought the heat, burned the golem down ASAP and after wiping don’t hit a waypoint until all the mobs run past and disappear at the door.

All in all a quick, chaotic dungeon I found to be a lot of fun.

SE path 1

Posted by: Misfit.2907

Misfit.2907

I’ve been pugging this path for weeks now. It’s really easy. Some of you here say bursting it down it down is the best way but imo, as long as you have a thief with smokescreen/ a guardian using wall of reflection or the summoned spirit shield, eles with their swirly whirly or a mesmer using feedbacks, you guys will be fine. The point isn’t to kill them with the reflects but to survive the incoming projectiles so you can kill the golem. If all you do is zerg rush and lack the dps for it then obviously you’ll fail.

That’s why I love this game. You constantly have to adapt to the situation and not stick to one build/one set of utilities or one weapon.

SE path 1

Posted by: Dcollins.6973

Dcollins.6973

ArenaNet owes me 37 silver in repairs from Path 1 wipes on Golem Mini boss alone. Screw this path. I’ve tried it with 7 different groups. Many alterations, and none have been able to beat this boss. It gets so bad that we are wiping and running back and there will be so many fracking mobs that we can’t even make it to the boss anymore. I’m holding up one finger, it’s for you Anet. Can you guess what finger? ^^

ArenaNets idea of a legendary is appalling…
Illivatur – Juggernaut – Eternity – Jade Quarry

SE path 1

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

I’ve managed to complete it few hours ago. Tactic is rather simple:
1. Go through a portal.
2. Run across a bridge, then jump onto the rock ledge on the right.
3. Wait for first patrol to run by, then rush the golem.
4. Burst down the golem while ignoring all adds/patrols.
5. Wipe.
6. Get back on a ledge and wait for patrol to run by.
7. Rush barriers.
8. Pull Asura boss to the gate behind him and kill him.

I did it with a guild group using this tactic, as we had enough damage (and 1 guardian) to outlast the endless mob spawns. Failed with 3 different pugs though. For the people that can’t finish this, I suggest getting some good players together with high DPS and trying again.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

SE path 1

Posted by: PowerCat.5738

PowerCat.5738

You don’t need to pull the asura boss to the gates anymore, they fixed the unlimited spawn when you get to the boss.

Now, they stop spawning once you get there.