SOLO arah

SOLO arah

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: viperziv.6034

viperziv.6034

Hello i’d like to start P1/2/3 in arah, im not sure which path is the best to “solo” in order to sell.
I’d like to know which path should i solo, and with which class?
(if u can tell me how much time it takes to solo it, and also how much it the average payment for it)

adding a video would be great! up to date

have a great week

SOLO arah

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

You have friends who can hold spots so you don’t get your instance stolen when you sell? That’s probably the hardest part of solo-selling.

SOLO arah

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Time depends on your skill level. New lupi is a pain, and alphard is just annoying. P1 strait can’t be soloed but you can pay for tar help. P3 is pretty quick but lower payout on reward so generally lower sell price.

So path2 is probably the best one, sells for ~4-8g depending on time and competition. Takes anywhere from 20 mins (i think that’s hwo fast Goku and those guys were doing it?) to 2+ hours (my speed, though only done it all the way through once pre lupi change).

I’ll say this, MUCH MUCH easier duo, especially with a good team comp. Mesmer + anything is great IMO though plenty of options.

SOLO arah

Posted by: theoutsider.7849

theoutsider.7849

If you want to get into selling, start with P2
It has easy skips and you barely need consumables if any at all to do it on any class
I think around 30ish min is an acceptable time for a stress free p2 solo, including a bit of kitten ing around if you want to
Money depends on how fast people buy/how much competition at the time you’re selling, it can be a kitten to sell more often than not which is why many I know have stopped/just give paths away to their friends these days
If you’re in it for the money, I’d suggest Silverwastes
If you’re actually considering it for the fun, the challenge and learning it, go for it, its pretty fun tbf, and a bit rewarding when people buy spots

As for classes, p2 is alright on any solid dps meta class (noteworthy that I think any class can solo p2), Warrior if you’re new, Thief if you’re bored, Ele if you are okay at Lupicus. Condi Guard does some of the bosses (lupi) reasonably fast and reliable, Engi is pretty neat.
P3 is easiest to do on Thief imo, but terribly boring, youre literally whipping 24/7 and you need the stealth to complete the wraith event at the end (or maybe you don’t and im just using outdated strats)
P4 is for when you’re REALLY kittenING BORED with your life and have nothing else to do, its also frustrating to get into, dont do it man, its not worth it (its not the hardest just annoying)
P1 is the same as p2 sort of classes wise but you need friends/pay people to help you complete the tar event, which in case makes it less profitable/take longer.

SOLO arah

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Does the rally on grubby thing for Brie still work? I usually give away the path to friends at last boss – alphard when I’m lazy – so it’s been a while since I last did it.
I like soloing hunter crusher on mes but then it’s so slow and lupi drives me insane on that class, for some reason. Definitely prefer p2 because I can solo it on whatever I want

SOLO arah

Jerus.4350

Yes it does, confused the heck out of me the other day as I went down and back up really quick, but apparently down long enough and perfectly synched with the teleport. So I was standing there with Brie at like 1% health everyone else gone, just some grubs around me, no buff, funky stuff. Eventually I realized it hit console and 3 hits later done >.<

SOLO arah

viperziv.6034

It has easy skips and you barely need consumables if any at all to do it on any class
I think around 30ish min is an acceptable time for a stress free p2 solo, including a bit of kitten ing around if you want to
Money depends on how fast people buy/how much competition at the time you’re selling, it can be a kitten to sell more often than not which is why many I know have stopped/just give paths away to their friends these days
If you’re actually considering it for the fun, the challenge and learning it, go for it, its pretty fun tbf, and a bit rewarding when people buy spots

As for classes, p2 is alright on any solid dps meta class (noteworthy that I think any class can solo p2), Warrior if you’re new, Thief if you’re bored, Ele if you are okay at Lupicus. Condi Guard does some of the bosses (lupi) reasonably fast and reliable, Engi is pretty neat.
P3 is easiest to do on Thief imo, but terribly boring, youre literally whipping 24/7 and you need the stealth to complete the wraith event at the end (or maybe you don’t and im just using outdated strats)
P4 is for when you’re REALLY kittenING BORED with your life and have nothing else to do, its also frustrating to get into, dont do it man, its not worth it (its not the hardest just annoying)
P1 is the same as p2 sort of classes wise but you need friends/pay people to help you complete the tar event, which in case makes it less profitable/take longer.

Well i am new, so i better take my war for it. i thought that thief would be really kitten good (stealth) but i guess i can use war’s speed to my advantage..
I guess ill be aiming for that, and i so cba with SW xD i find dungeon selling more ‘fun’

any tips?

SOLO arah

viperziv.6034

Well i am new, so i better take my war for it. i thought that thief would be really kitten good (stealth) but i guess i can use war’s speed to my advantage..
I guess ill be aiming for that, and i so cba with SW xD i find dungeon selling more ‘fun’

any tips?

P.S. im much more “skilled” with light armor classes like ele and necro. necro is bad in pve but ele is good, how would he work ? skipping parts etc

SOLO arah

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

So what’s the new deal w/ Lupi?
I’ve not been in dungeons & fractals in age so pardon my ignorance.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

SOLO arah

Jerus.4350

Get your Harpy feathers, Whisper spy kits and Ash Legion Spy kits and you should be solid honestly. With FGS, RtL, Obsidian Flesh, Swirling Winds, some conde cleanse, burning retreat, burning speed, and whatever other mobility/skipping skills you shouldn’t have a problem doing any skip once you learn it.

SOLO arah

Jerus.4350

So what’s the new deal w/ Lupi?
I’ve not been in dungeons & fractals in age so pardon my ignorance.

His auto attack in phase 2/3 that used to only hit at range but not in melee… now hits in melee. So you can potentially have to dodge/block every 3s or so and you actually pray for bubbles/lifts/whatever attacks to get out of that auto

SOLO arah

deSade.9437

RE ele talk: I find lupi solo on ele to be very annoying to the point of excruciating if you get bad aa rng. It scared me away from practicing further. Then again, I’m a noob ele.
I’m a noob mesmer, warr, engi, teef, necro and revenant too.
And ranger and guard.
Ok, I’m a noob period.
Other than that, I find guards to give stress-free and clean kills (duh, right? I know), rangers being slower and less clean but solid with the new quick draw. Mes is also good and clean (and fast), but with a mind-numbingly long abomination kill. I detest thief soloing because of p2 rng, but if you don’t die from a random flying aoe, it’s quick.
Warriors are… warriors.
P.S. Pretty sure necro has been out of the question for soloing since the new lupi. Perhaps with double energy sigil and endurance food… /shifty eyes
P.P.S. Yes, totally get stealth/swift consumables on your characters. Worth it.

SOLO arah

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

Warriors are warriors. It says all we need to know

SOLO arah

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

RE ele talk: I find lupi solo on ele to be very annoying to the point of excruciating if you get bad aa rng. It scared me away from practicing further. Then again, I’m a noob ele.

You can go d/f with vigor on crit, energy sigil of you really need, you can go dodge,earth 2, dodge, etc… to infinitely block the AA, then on the barrage for phase 2 you dodge backwards and earth 2 after. Phase 2/3 you can swirling for 1/3 of the time, dodge others, you can use 1 dodge then burning speed out of his aoe life drain, dodge on backward diagonals during phase 3 to bait out domes and walk back in as he starts the animation to give 3-4 secs of AA less time. Rotate in lightning storm/icebow during swirling winds after a lifedrain. Obby flesh for when you have no clue what you’re doing with your life.

SOLO arah

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

You can go d/f with vigor on crit, energy sigil of you really need, you can go dodge,earth 2, dodge, etc… to infinitely block the AA, then on the barrage for phase 2 you dodge backwards and earth 2 after. Phase 2/3 you can swirling for 1/3 of the time, dodge others, you can use 1 dodge then burning speed out of his aoe life drain, dodge on backward diagonals during phase 3 to bait out domes and walk back in as he starts the animation to give 3-4 secs of AA less time. Rotate in lightning storm/icebow during swirling winds after a lifedrain. Obby flesh for when you have no clue what you’re doing with your life.

Gosh Ele so OP.

SOLO arah

Posted by: GrimmR.3541

GrimmR.3541

I usually solo p3 and in the morning hours you can sell it for 6gold/spot. Timewise did i solo on ranger, thief, warrior and elementalist and of course, elementalist is by far the fastest. I usually watch TV shows next to it so i don’t know about the time i need for average. I can check next time i do it.

toxic since 2012

SOLO arah

Lord Kuru.3685

Speaking of Arah… anyone know if Belka and Brie are confirmed to be undead (gw2dungeons list them as such)? I know there was a thread listing all the mob-type verifications, but I can’t seem to find it.

SOLO arah

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

No idea, maybe check wiki?

SOLO arah

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SKAWQhoBOads8n61LzXniXFHDejeeL3zCM7ywz94gZY/edit#gid=971179265

List of mob types, there was a thread somewhere that listed them as well, not bookmarked unfortunately.

SOLO arah

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Yes it does, confused the heck out of me the other day as I went down and back up really quick, but apparently down long enough and perfectly synched with the teleport. So I was standing there with Brie at like 1% health everyone else gone, just some grubs around me, no buff, funky stuff. Eventually I realized it hit console and 3 hits later done >.<

Heh, I thought you did that on purpose Glad it happened though, having the terminal break with Brie at 1% is annoying, heh. Prolly could have rallied off Brie as easily as a grub in that case!

SOLO arah

Lord Kuru.3685

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SKAWQhoBOads8n61LzXniXFHDejeeL3zCM7ywz94gZY/edit#gid=971179265

List of mob types, there was a thread somewhere that listed them as well, not bookmarked unfortunately.

Cool spreadsheet! No Brie or Belka though.

SOLO arah

Posted by: Ryorco Marm.9580

Ryorco Marm.9580

They are there, but under different name
Belka – Inquest Assistant (Teleports, Extreme Ranged Damage)
Brie – Inquest Golemcaster (Phase Shifted) in that spreadsheet.

SOLO arah

Lord Kuru.3685

They are there, but under different name
Belka – Inquest Assistant (Teleports, Extreme Ranged Damage)
Brie – Inquest Golemcaster (Phase Shifted) in that spreadsheet.

Sneaky! Funny that Brie doesn’t cast golems.

Anyway, good to know potion of undead slaying covers all of p2.

SOLO arah

Posted by: GiftUngiven.7854

GiftUngiven.7854

Does the rally on grubby thing for Brie still work? I usually give away the path to friends at last boss – alphard when I’m lazy – so it’s been a while since I last did it.
I like soloing hunter crusher on mes but then it’s so slow and lupi drives me insane on that class, for some reason. Definitely prefer p2 because I can solo it on whatever I want

A friend of mine got a temporary ban for using it since they consider it an exploit. I’d rather just kill the waves of risen so i have all the time to take brie to 1% without having to worry about the console plus a little trick (non exploit, just clever thinking) i won’t be spoiling here since i’ve seen no one using it… xD

Btw i used to sell 3 paths a day back in the days (got to craft my bolt like that) and still do sometimes. If you need a mentor/teacher i’d gladly help you out.

I quote an agree on all the guys who say that duo is far better. You share the income but take less time and have also a saving point for eventual dc. Contact me in game:

Nefralith, Bejelit Daruan, Leinfel…

Hope to hear from you in game!

SOLO arah

deSade.9437

Btw i used to sell 3 paths a day back in the days (got to craft my bolt like that) and still do sometimes. If you need a mentor/teacher i’d gladly help you out.

…wot? Just sayin’, I barely play anyway. I go up to lupi, solo it and then log off O_o

(edited by deSade.9437)

SOLO arah

Posted by: stachekiller.2591

stachekiller.2591

I haven’t learned to legitimately solo Lupi after the new auto attack but still sell p1 in (ch)easy mode.

Step 1 – take thief and solo up through the entities (thief is made for this part of the dungeon with stealth for easy skips, blinds for the spider mobs, dagger storm to reflect the turrets, heart seeker to close gap on Ooze and invigorating precision for the Crystalline Entities)

Step 2 – Pay for help on tar (usually 1g * 3 people) and before everyone leaves dungeon switch to guardian

Step 3 – Take guardian and one shot Lupi then run to last boss where Wall of Reflect is great supplement for reflecting crystals while fighting Jotun.

Step 4 – Get paid mad loots despite using almost no skill

I am sure most of the really good players in the forum here may shun my sorry money making technique, but if you are just doing it for the gold I can honestly say this takes very little skill to pull off and you can sell p1 in the 6-7g range on NA pretty regularly.