Salvaging Fractal Rings

Salvaging Fractal Rings

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Gav.1425

Gav.1425

I won’t lie. Salvaging my 1000 fractal rings was definitely on my lost of things I was excited for in HoT. Now with the huge gold sink and without a clear use for the drops, has anyone found a reason to do so?

TL/DR: Salvaging rings costs too much. Does anyone have good uses for the materials? Maybe the backpiece..

Salvaging Fractal Rings

Posted by: kaBoonio.5284

kaBoonio.5284

I’ve thought the same way myself, but getting that Black Sphere* (used for legendary back collection) or Salvaged * (1 each from ring, weapon, armor, accessory, back and amulet for rare collection that gives fractal relics>item – sort of like mawdrey) can make the salvage worth it..

I’m sorry but i’m still not familiar with names, but you know what I mean.

Salvaging Fractal Rings

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

Chance at a rare item used for the collection that requires salvaged pieces from an ascended: ring, backpack, amulet, weapon, armor, and accessory.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

(edited by Charming Rogue.8071)

Salvaging Fractal Rings

Posted by: Setz.9675

Setz.9675

I salvaged my 220 rings and am using the stabilizing matrices to buy fractal encryption keys.
1 stabilizing matrice = 2 fractal encryption keys
1 fractal encryption key = 1 relic + 20s
This makes 1 stabilizing matrice worth 2 relics and 40s.
220 rings yielded 1232 stabilizing matrices. Worth in encryption keys being (1232*2*20)/100 giving me 492.8g in fractal encryption keys vs the 220g of salvage kits it had costed me.

Also salvaging 220 rings gave me only stabilizing matrices and 2x +5 agony resistance infusions and 1 versatile simple infusion. droprates of those salvaged legendary items is screwed up.

(edited by Setz.9675)

Salvaging Fractal Rings

Posted by: Shoe.5821

Shoe.5821

Also salvaging 220 rings gave me only stabilizing matrices and 2x +5 agony resistance infusions and 1 versatile simple infusion.

were those in the rings, or were they drops?

Salvaging Fractal Rings

Posted by: Setz.9675

Setz.9675

Not sure tbh, might have been in the rings without me noticing.
Was on a character I had not played for over 1.5 years and used it as a mule.

Salvaging Fractal Rings

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

I’m going to wait until we know how to craft the legendary backpiece first. Right now my necro is the lord of the rings and since I don’t play him, he can stay that way lol.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

Salvaging Fractal Rings

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Rings only seem to give stabilizing matrices.

Salvaging Fractal Rings

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

Dark matter doesn’t come from rings. It comes from armor/weapons. Also maybe backpieces but not 100% sure about that.

Anet make Rev great again.