Samarog

Samarog

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Excell.1042

Excell.1042

So, yesterday we got up to Samarog 66% phase (actually 41%), having to force our full team to go condi and overall playing builds that were not 100% comfortable with, is this fight bug, is there some mechanic we’re not figuring out, or is there something we haven’t found out yet?

It seems highly unlikely to me that you need 8 condi’s to actually clear the fight.

Another thing that im wondering is the fixation, which seems to swap back and forth, giving you almost no chance to keep Guldhem and Rigom apart.

Anyone know the way?

Samarog

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

I think there is somethign missing with the Guldhem and Rigom Part, like even after killing Rigom over and over does not make Guldhem vurnerable to Power Damage.

What my Group did was to stand between the two and using CC on Rigom to keep him away like immobilize, pull or knockback and just pump every bit of damage on Guldhem so that even with fixationswitch Guldhem doesn’t kiss Rigom.

With this we could go to 33% ( surprise Rigom und Guldhem again ), but we were quite slow on this due to figuring out Stuff so the usual 500% Enrage happened.

What I saw is that the one who was fixated by Rigom got fixated by Guldhem soon so that never stood near Rigom.

Samarog

Posted by: Miellyn.6847

Miellyn.6847

I think there is somethign missing with the Guldhem and Rigom Part, like even after killing Rigom over and over does not make Guldhem vurnerable to Power Damage.

He has a buff that states he is only vulnerable to condition damage, seems like working as intended.

Meena Wolfsgeist | Ranger
Ceana Mera | Mesmer
Indra Nebelklinge | Revenant

Samarog

Walhalla.5473

He has a buff that states he is only vulnerable to condition damage, seems like working as intended.

Well i looked onto his buffs and saw one without Text, so I guess this is the “Only Condi” Buff. Thanks for clarification.

Samarog

Posted by: Loop.8106

Loop.8106

Whenever Rigom gets into range of Guldhem, or vice versa Rigom gets 10k max health per tick making it slower and slower to actually kill him. Just have mesmers pull Rigom away and let rangers perma perma entangle. We completed the phase in about 1.5 minutes with 2 condi rangers, 2 condi druids 1 condi PS + engi.

Optimise [OP]

Samarog

Posted by: Roul.3205

Roul.3205

Whenever Rigom gets into range of Guldhem, or vice versa Rigom gets 10k max health per tick making it slower and slower to actually kill him. Just have mesmers pull Rigom away and let rangers perma perma entangle. We completed the phase in about 1.5 minutes with 2 condi rangers, 2 condi druids 1 condi PS + engi.

Let’s be fair, 1.5 Are WAY too much for this and having to use almost only condis (we used 2 Chronos, 2 condi druids, 2 condi ps, 3 condi rangers and 1 Zerk ele) seems boring and pointless to me. I really hope they fix / change this.

Samarog

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

My group that actually killed this boss consisted of the following: 2 mesmers, 1 druid, 2 condi ps, 2 rangers, 3 necros. I will say we killed him 10s into enrage and that this mechanic is the dumbest thing I have ever seen. We only really got through it by using epi when Rigom was just dying so that we could get some actual ticks of damage on Guldhem. I personally think this is super dumb and should be changed. There is no reason you should be 100% barred from doing the fight with physical damage.

Samarog

Walhalla.5473

My group that actually killed this boss consisted of the following: 2 mesmers, 1 druid, 2 condi ps, 2 rangers, 3 necros. I will say we killed him 10s into enrage and that this mechanic is the dumbest thing I have ever seen. We only really got through it by using epi when Rigom was just dying so that we could get some actual ticks of damage on Guldhem. I personally think this is super dumb and should be changed. There is no reason you should be 100% barred from doing the fight with physical damage.

Whats funny with this is that Anet planned Karrde from Sabetha Fight, to be only vurnerable to conditions but decided against it since it would be no fun to make an Enemy immune to physical damage. Instead they did something clever. Karrde gets more condi damage than normal and power damage is well… normal.

Don’t know why Anet now decided to go for this route.

Samarog

Posted by: Lalainnia.3598

Lalainnia.3598

I’m not sure what the issue is here adapt

Samarog

Posted by: Miellyn.6847

Miellyn.6847

Whats funny with this is that Anet planned Karrde from Sabetha Fight, to be only vurnerable to conditions but decided against it since it would be no fun to make an Enemy immune to physical damage. Instead they did something clever. Karrde gets more condi damage than normal and power damage is well… normal.

Don’t know why Anet now decided to go for this route.

Sabetha is a terrible comparison. As Karde is the only real NPC during this phase.

VG fits better, red guardian is basically immun to normal damage. Normal damage still helps to kill Rigom faster.

Meena Wolfsgeist | Ranger
Ceana Mera | Mesmer
Indra Nebelklinge | Revenant

Samarog

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

I’m pretty sure the issue is it’s not fun. Out of all 4 bosses, he’s the most boring one. Thinking back, he might be the most unfun and boring boss out of all 13 bosses when they were brand new.

Edit:

Sabetha is a terrible comparison. As Karde is the only real NPC during this phase.

VG fits better, red guardian is basically immun to normal damage. Normal damage still helps to kill Rigom faster.

If anything, this fight would of made a lot more sense if you needed to kill rigom with power and then all the condi’s would tick on Guldhem and damage him instead of being transfered constantly. So you’d constantly have to kill Rigom while keeping max condi’s on Guldhem when he finally died.

(edited by Azoqu.8917)

Samarog

Posted by: crosknight.3041

crosknight.3041

It’s horribly explained but when you kill Rigom, he does an explosion. If the explosion hits Samarog then it allows you to deal power damage to Guldhem until Rig heals himself. So you aregonna want to CC Rigmog as close to Saramog as you can (mesmer pulls and gusts as well as imobs) and drop ranged aoes on him (such as staff ele lava fonts and meteor shower. Gives you about 5-10 seconds of beating up Guldhem.

Samarog

Posted by: Lalainnia.3598

Lalainnia.3598

I’m pretty sure the issue is it’s not fun. Out of all 4 bosses, he’s the most boring one. Thinking back, he might be the most unfun and boring boss out of all 13 bosses when they were brand new.

Edit:

If anything, this fight would of made a lot more sense if you needed to kill rigom with power and then all the condi’s would tick on Guldhem and damage him instead of being transfered constantly. So you’d constantly have to kill Rigom while keeping max condi’s on Guldhem when he finally died.

I’m not following, so the boss isn’t fun because it requires primarily condition damage while paying attention to what you’re actually doing?

Samarog

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I’m not following, so the boss isn’t fun because it requires primarily condition damage while paying attention to what you’re actually doing?

I think that they mean that the problem lies not with difficulty or mechanics in general, which are relatively easy (as i understand), but with the fact that it necessitates complete regearing for many players. Not everyone has a condi character, and up until that point there was a spot for both types of damage.

TL/DR;
People are saying, that the mechanics should make the fight interesting, not merely make the class/build meta for the encounter even more narrower than it already was before.

(might be mistaken with my interpretation, of course, but that is what i read from the complains so far)

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Samarog

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Oh so on top of creating melee unfriendly encounter, they just add another that is must go condi or don’t apply at all.

Lovely. Is this what is called “good” design? Forcing players into one build and making other obsolete (hello revs) is not a good design. The best part, they posted official thanks to 2 guilds that tested the bosses – why thank them when they did such obviously bad job?

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Samarog

Posted by: Bratwa.6582

Bratwa.6582

My Team killed it with a pure power comp. I know some other groups killed it with a condi heavy comp as well. Don’t read further if you want to figure it out by yourself. You can simply stack near the boss let Rigom and Gudhelm come to you. You push Rigom into Samarog. You may ask why. the asnwer is like crosknight.3041 explained before Rigom once “dead” explodes his explosion aoe stuns the boss breaking Rigoms shield, during that phase he is vulnerable to power and condition damage.

You don’t even need to attack Rigom, because he is basically a Sponge absorbing all damage directed to Gudhelm, which you can use to your advantage and use your soft cc such as chill and imobilize on Gudhelm, which Rigom will absorb. As well as the direct damage which Rigom will absorb as well. So you just dps Gudlhem and Rigom will die eventually, the only trick it to let him die near Smarog in order to break the Shield.

[TaG][PunK][II]guildless

Samarog

Posted by: Oh Snapalope.1378

Oh Snapalope.1378

He dies in a minute with a full condi team if you manage pulls perfectly and have good epidemics.

Samarog

Posted by: ButterPeanut.9746

ButterPeanut.9746

My Team killed it with a pure power comp. I know some other groups killed it with a condi heavy comp as well. Don’t read further if you want to figure it out by yourself. You can simply stack near the boss let Rigom and Gudhelm come to you. You push Rigom into Samarog. You may ask why. the asnwer is like crosknight.3041 explained before Rigom once “dead” explodes his explosion aoe stuns the boss breaking Rigoms shield, during that phase he is vulnerable to power and condition damage.

You don’t even need to attack Rigom, because he is basically a Sponge absorbing all damage directed to Gudhelm, which you can use to your advantage and use your soft cc such as chill and imobilize on Gudhelm, which Rigom will absorb. As well as the direct damage which Rigom will absorb as well. So you just dps Gudlhem and Rigom will die eventually, the only trick it to let him die near Smarog in order to break the Shield.

Vid example below of this strat if you want to see it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COflnr5dtbo

Samarog

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

The tricks getting split phase done quick. Gudhelm amd Rigom die fast so you can go back to boss phase. To finish Gudhelm fast.. the team need to push Rigom into under Samarog and continue to dps Gudhelm near the front of Samarog so Rigom will take damage and die under Samarog. When Rigom die inside under Samarog , Gudhelm the link broken and Gudhelm shield is broken.. this is the dps phase to kill Gudhelm fast when shield is off. If shield comes back on same way to get rid of shield otherwise the team will be under pressure with Samarog bcos time will run out. Split phase is important to get clear fast .. it involves some coordinations but nothing really that hard.. it’s really fun. Great job anet. Btw.. we found some bug tht cause party wipe that is at 30%hp everyone in party get the red bomb and one get green.. every one in down stat after .. was difficult to recover. Happen in a few runs.. we thought tht was normal but after spoken to a few others it’s unusual xD

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

Samarog

Posted by: Ze Dos Cavalos.6132

Ze Dos Cavalos.6132

For ppl crying they are forced to play condi there you go

“Fixed a bug that allowed Guldhem to take damage from life stealing and conditions.”

[DIE] Death is Energy

(edited by Ze Dos Cavalos.6132)