Scorched Earth needs a change

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

It is getting out of control in raids. Can we please have this skill nerfed so the same target can only be hit by it once per second. It seems completely unintended for mobs with large hitboxes to be hit by it so much. Coalescence of Ruin should also receive the same love and be limited to only being able to hit the same target once if does not already do so.

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

I would have to disagree with this.

Scorched Earth looks like it was deliberately broken up into multiple parts so that it could hit multiple targets and/or multiple hit-boxes. If the dev team was worried about that issue they would have instead made the skill operate something more like Tempest’s Wildfire that more limited in how many total targets it can hit. I mean, it looks like they learn from the whole FGS era that multi-hitting attacks can be extremely dangerous if not properly maintained. Scorched Earth is nowhere near the havoc potential that FGS had. If anything if gives that Primal Burst a very good niche use.

CoR also got modified in the latest patch so that it could no longer hit beyond 5 targets. So against something like Gorsy you can still hit it multiple times; however when the adds come up your attack might get “nerfed” if they get hit as well effectively eating from your 5 target cap (the skill will cease to cascade once it hits its 5th target). The worse part of that is the skill’s damage is backloaded, so if the adds so up the target cap within the first pulse you just lost out on your heavy hitter.

Note: Haven’t tested the CoR patch myself yet so that one may still be operating as it was before the patch released.

(edited by savacli.8172)

Posted by: Bllade.1029

Bllade.1029

It is getting out of control in raids. Can we please have this skill nerfed so the same target can only be hit by it once per second. It seems completely unintended for mobs with large hitboxes to be hit by it so much. Coalescence of Ruin should also receive the same love and be limited to only being able to hit the same target once if does not already do so.

Are you really complaining about this? Of all the kittenin’ things in Guild Wars 2 HoT expansion you come on here to complain about Scorched Earth?

I…Cant..I dont…What? Get out. Just get out.

[VLK] – No one ever complains about bad Thieves, they die.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Scorched Earth looks like it was deliberately broken up into multiple parts so that it could hit multiple targets and/or multiple hit-boxes.

This is not true. It was done for simplicity since they didn’t originally think to have it like Wildfire. I think this will, at the least, be made to respect target cap in the January balance patch.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Kainis.9475

Kainis.9475

If they do change it, they should relax the dps check on goreseval as it’s only reasonable because of the dps that burnzerks bring to the encounter.

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

The dps check on gorseval shouldn’t be lowered at all, just because atm people can cheese him with stacking condi warriors. I think pretty much every group that killed gorseval in the first week did it without condi warriors because people did not know how powerful they are.

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

Posted by: Capa.7684

Capa.7684

Nah, i like it.
Its a good way to balance AoE Effects compared to the Mob Strength aka Size.

Posted by: Poop.4295

Poop.4295

All hail the warrior nerf, all hail fire that tickles, all hail lord revenant!

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Why bosses are so stupid that they just stand firefields?

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch