Seeking Raid Guild

Seeking Raid Guild

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: LegACy.1296

LegACy.1296

Just saying that ascended celestial armor is basically worthless (except maybe on healer tempest?). But then again your post seems to imply that you’re willing to change the stats on those armor…

Also, it would help if you state if you’re EU or NA.

Seeking Raid Guild

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

Hi, I am in NA.

Celestial is not useless with proper builds. I’m sorry you don’t understand how to use it. There is a reason Anet made it the most resource-intensive Ascended set. I’m willing to change my trait spec, not my gear.

I am days away from having full Celestial Ascended Light armor as well; if Tempest is what you want, I can bring that too.

It’s the most time gated but not the most resource intensive. Check out the price of black diamonds. But really it isn’t meta which is what raid guilds will be looking for. I’m not saying that to start an argument; I’m just letting you know that’s how it goes. I suppose it’s worth a shot anyway but yeah.

Seeking Raid Guild

Posted by: GrimmR.3541

GrimmR.3541

As other guys mentioned before, if you look for a somewhat “proper” raid guild, you might wanna change your gear to fit the current meta.
Just because something is more time consuming to get, doesn’t mean it’s good.

Also, don’t get us wrong, I got your point that you don’t want to swap gear. Still, out of experience, good guilds look for right teamcomps and builds.

toxic since 2012

Seeking Raid Guild

Posted by: Abellus.2615

Abellus.2615

As other guys mentioned before, if you look for a somewhat “proper” raid guild, you might wanna change your gear to fit the current meta.

I am sorry, I did not realize that every single team that ever completed the raid was comprised entirely of members that 100% matched meta specs with meta play. My misunderstanding. I thought the raids were more diverse but, clearly, I was wrong. Nobody who has ever completed raids has done so without a meta build, as you are clear to announce. Thank you for helping me understand this.

Seeking Raid Guild

Posted by: Altair.8402

Altair.8402

I am sorry, I did not realize that every single team that ever completed the raid was comprised entirely of members that 100% matched meta specs with meta play. My misunderstanding. I thought the raids were more diverse but, clearly, I was wrong. Nobody who has ever completed raids has done so without a meta build, as you are clear to announce. Thank you for helping me understand this.

Literally no one is saying raids can only be completed with meta gear.

People are saying that if you have meta gear, it’s significantly easier to get into a good raiding guild because it’s what they’re familiar with and, from a roles perspective, easier to integrate you into a group.

Seeking Raid Guild

Abellus.2615

I just want an opportunity to learn the raids, that is all I asked for. I’ve already been told my gear is ‘worthless’ and that I need meta, now you say I don’t… Can you offer me an outlet to learn raids?

I am a skilled long-time player who simply needs an opportunity to start learning this particular content. I’m not asking for day 1 completion or guaranteed clears, just a chance to head in the right direction. I would appreciate help with this.

Seeking Raid Guild

Andraus.3874

I just want an opportunity to learn the raids, that is all I asked for. I’ve already been told my gear is ‘worthless’ and that I need meta, now you say I don’t… Can you offer me an outlet to learn raids?

I am a skilled long-time player who simply needs an opportunity to start learning this particular content. I’m not asking for day 1 completion or guaranteed clears, just a chance to head in the right direction. I would appreciate help with this.

I watched YouTube videos. There are going to be different strategies depending on your role and class tho. None of the mechanics are that hard. Just watch some videos and join a pug group with the expectation you aren’t going to win. At least you’ll get to experience the mechanics and how it works.

Seeking Raid Guild

Abellus.2615

I’ve watched the videos, read Reddit, paid attention to stat details and mechanics… none of it is helping me get a team.

I just want a guild that can do raids, or a team that does them. I’ve been pugging for a solid week and haven’t got into a group because they all ask “Experienced?” and then when I say “No”, it’s an instant kick.

I really honestly just need a foot in the door here.

Seeking Raid Guild

Posted by: Wahaha.7938

Wahaha.7938

TTS did training raids yesterday, maybe check that out.

Or if you watch the videos and read about the mechanics carefully, and you’re sure that you understand every mechanic and part of the fight, you can lie and say you’re experienced. Because if you’ve seriously done these things you’re already likely to be better than some other players on your team

I don’t recommend celestial stats though.

Seeking Raid Guild

Andraus.3874

Here’s the problem you’re going to run into. For example if you run Gor as an ele and they expect you to clear orbs they expect you to run zerker to clear the orbs fast enough that they aren’t killing the group. A cele ele doesn’t have a defined role in the meta right now. That doesn’t mean it isn’t viable but that does mean you’re going to have to try to find groups that want to experiment with whatever you are running and a lot of people won’t be willing to do that because it takes even more time.

Seeking Raid Guild

Abellus.2615

While these tips are enlightening, I’m still not any closer to finding a raiding guild.

Seeking Raid Guild

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

And unless you’re willing to play by their rules you will never be.

Snow Crows [SC]

Seeking Raid Guild

Posted by: Skoigoth.9238

Skoigoth.9238

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/community/lookingfor

There are tons of guilds of all flavors (from casual pvx to hardcore) out there looking for people to raid with. Just apply for one that fits your needs and see how it goes.

Seeking Raid Guild

Posted by: Zach.2618

Zach.2618

He’s not looking for a raid guild but to be carried lol, wants to learn mechanics, doesn’t want to pull his weight using optimal builds, wants to clear it slowly but eventually. Sounds like you just want to know the mechanics and survive through the raids in your celestial and eventually beat it. It’s possible if you find a Super optimal group but than again they gotta be willing to carry you.