Seeking for advice on raid class!

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Tuthan.3250

Tuthan.3250

Hello all,

I am planning to make a new set of ascended, but i can’t decide what to make yet because of the upcoming balance patch. Between condi war, condi engi, thief and tempest, which of these will be great after the balance patch?

I understand that it might be a bit early to ask since the patch will be out on the 26th. However, it’s bugging me at this moment to get an anwser for it. Can someone please help? Thanks!

Posted by: LegACy.1296

LegACy.1296

Tempest PvE side should be the most unaffected, since Tempest PvP imbalance is because they are too tanky (weird, right), so a lot of their nerf is targeted to reduce things like condi immunity and protection uptime, which barely affects raid. Hell, they even plan to buff some of Tempest offensive capability.

Thief are getting a lot of buffs too, but the class popularity after the balance patch is still a big mystery, so IMO they’re an unsafe bet at the moment.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Condi Warrior : It’s hard to tell because so many unknown how the new King of Fires will work. But worst case scenario it will probably drop to the 2nd best condi DPS behind engineer, which is fine if you ask me because engineer is a lot harder to play. Anyway, condi warrior will still be powerful in Raid that’s 100% sure.

Condi Engie : It will be at the same exact spot than they are now and the Alacrity nerf won’t affect them that much compare to other profession like Tempest.

Thief : They will have more dps than before but we don’t know how much. Their support are still not needed in raid so far leaving them pretty much at the same place that they are now. They can only fill the 2-4 dps only role in each fight, now how popular they will be will depend on there actual dps. I doudt it will become one of the TOP dps of the game, like they should be, but we’ll see.

Tempest : The Fresh air version will get a little boost, while staff will stay pretty much the same. But they will be affected more than other profession like Herald and Engineer by the alacrity nerf.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: randomguy.1283

randomguy.1283

But they will be affected more than other profession like Herald and Engineer by the alacrity nerf.

engineer will be the MOST affected class by alacrity nerf since its auto attacks contribute almost nothing to its dps. Tempest will be affected a lot too, but engineer the most.

Thaddeus.4891

But they will be affected more than other profession like Herald and Engineer by the alacrity nerf.

engineer will be the MOST affected class by alacrity nerf since its auto attacks contribute almost nothing to its dps. Tempest will be affected a lot too, but engineer the most.

Alacrity only reduce the cooldown on what you currently have equipped. For most of the huge skill, they won’t have their cooldown reduced because you won’t spend time for exemple on your flamethrower while alacrity does its work. Alacrity will mostly boost your grenades 2 and 5 while you are auto-attacking. It will also boost your Incendiary Ammo and grenade barrage. But the affect of alacrity on bomb 2, Pistol 4 and Flamethrower 4 will be very limited.

Yes Engineer rely mostly on big hitting skill with relatively long cooldown, but you don’T spend enough time in those weapons or kit for alacrity to affect some of those skill.

To be honest, to have the real picture we would need to see the dps with or without alacrity with a video or something but.

Posted by: Dinosaurs.8674

Dinosaurs.8674

First of all, if you have a raid group then the correct answer is “whatever your group needs”. My answer below is assuming you don’t have one and you’re pugging it.

Out of the four builds you listed, the only ones I can say for sure will be good after the balance patch are Tempest and condi Engineer. Both were indirectly nerfed by the alacrity changes but don’t suffer at all otherwise. Tempest’s Fresh Air even got a substantial buff, and if you make Tempest don’t be surprised if D/W becomes more desired than staff in some cases.

Condi Warrior will still probably be decent damage, but it’s tough to out-utility an engineer. It’s possible the new king of fires will actually be really good though, depending on how it’s implemented and how good Tempests are.

Thief is kindof a wildcard here. I wouldn’t be surprised if it still never saw use in raids because their party buffs are extremely minimal and their mobility and stealth are mostly useless in the first raid wing. But on the other hand, a 30% sword autoattack dps buff (which I believe is what was stated in the preview) is pretty huge, and their other weapons may receive buffs as well. Furthermore, power Thieves are completely unaffected by the alacrity nerf. It’s very possible that running a thief or maybe even two won’t be uncommon. They’re really competing with Tempest for the “dps with minimal party buffs” group slot, so a lot of it depends on the relative usefulness of Tempest vs Thief in a particular fight.

randomguy.1283

Alacrity only reduce the cooldown on what you currently have equipped. For most of the huge skill, they won’t have their cooldown reduced because you won’t spend time for exemple on your flamethrower while alacrity does its work. Alacrity will mostly boost your grenades 2 and 5 while you are auto-attacking. It will also boost your Incendiary Ammo and grenade barrage. But the affect of alacrity on bomb 2, Pistol 4 and Flamethrower 4 will be very limited.

Yes Engineer rely mostly on big hitting skill with relatively long cooldown, but you don’T spend enough time in those weapons or kit for alacrity to affect some of those skill.

To be honest, to have the real picture we would need to see the dps with or without alacrity with a video or something but.

Ah, nvm then, I did not realize that, are skills on other attunements on eles still affected?

Posted by: BlueBoy.1236

BlueBoy.1236

All i can say is pugging is a pita. It’s better to find a guild that allows you to play class you’re most familiar with rather than picking fotm class and hoping other would pick you into their group

Thaddeus.4891

Ah, nvm then, I did not realize that, are skills on other attunements on eles still affected?

No they are not for the elementalist. But for the staff tempest you are camping fire so it’s not really an issue. For Fresh Air, you stay in Air for most of the fire, swapping to Fire each 15sec or so, but just to cast 1 or 2 skill before getting back into air where Overload is your main source of dps.

On a Fresh Air standard elementalist on the other hand you are swapping to different attunement all the time for some hard hitting skill and you stay in Air attunement mostly for auto-attack so in that case, alacrity would affect the Elementalist dps even less than an engineer.

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Hello all,

I am planning to make a new set of ascended, but i can’t decide what to make yet because of the upcoming balance patch. Between condi war, condi engi, thief and tempest, which of these will be great after the balance patch?

I understand that it might be a bit early to ask since the patch will be out on the 26th. However, it’s bugging me at this moment to get an anwser for it. Can someone please help? Thanks!

Engi is probably your safest bet and ele is your second safest since both of those professions aren’t changing much in terms of raid builds.

Condi warrior will probably get hit hard with nerfs… PS warrior would probably be solid though.

Thief could become worth bringing just for pure dps if the buffs are enough, but there’s nothing else to this class that’s really advantageous to raids, so I wouldn’t get your hopes up on this one.

Posted by: BloodyNine.7504

BloodyNine.7504

Hello all,

I would save your mats up and wait to see what the balance patch brings. I am doing that exact thing right now.

randomguy.1283

No they are not for the elementalist. But for the staff tempest you are camping fire so it’s not really an issue. For Fresh Air, you stay in Air for most of the fire, swapping to Fire each 15sec or so, but just to cast 1 or 2 skill before getting back into air where Overload is your main source of dps.

On a Fresh Air standard elementalist on the other hand you are swapping to different attunement all the time for some hard hitting skill and you stay in Air attunement mostly for auto-attack so in that case, alacrity would affect the Elementalist dps even less than an engineer.

Found out you were wrong about these, alacrity does affect non equiped kits and non used attunements, not sure where you obtained this info.