Selling FOTM Tiers? That's a thing?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

Made me LOL when I saw it… Been up on the LFG for a little while now.

Attachments:

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…

Posted by: Windsagio.1340

Windsagio.1340

I’ve been in groups that do that, it always annoys the hell out of me. Super easy on jade especially.

The problem I have is that it’s such a bad investment for buyers. What they’re selling is a RNG roll for an ascended box or a fractal weapon, but both times I saw it people spent ~10g for… some empyrial fragments and a crappy ring.

Posted by: Rag.3258

Rag.3258

I don’t see a problem with that if theres people buying it. You’re buying 15-30mins of content skipped (probably a lot more if youre buying) and getting more unique rewards than from say arah so ~10g seems appropriate.

Posted by: Veydar.5017

Veydar.5017

I don’t see a problem with that if theres people buying it. You’re buying 15-30mins of content skipped (probably a lot more if youre buying) and getting more unique rewards than from say arah so ~10g seems appropriate.

I agree with this analysis and support the poster. On an unrelated note: Hi Rag!

Windsagio.1340

I don’t think anyones objecting to selling this time, it’s more who’d buy?

I guess people have a looooot of money though so…

Posted by: Phil.7903

Phil.7903

funny as signet of stone

Posted by: Dietere.3476

Dietere.3476

I once purchased a 50 for 15g (and happened to get an ascended chest!). I did it because I have very limited time to play and I can’t afford the time it takes a fail pug group to struggle through a full set at level 50. I am at the point where the ascended chests, rare skins, and the tonic are worth paying a high price so I can do it once per day. If I have time I will do the full set pug-style, but if people are selling and I’m short on time it’s worth it to me to pay up for the RNG roll, no matter how bad the odds.

If there is a demand, people will supply regardless of how it is viewed by the community.

Also, when a group loses a player on or just before the final boss fractal, why not make a quick profit by selling the spot rather than just doing an open LFG? Seems like smart business to me. If you don’t like it, don’t buy it.

(edited by Dietere.3476)

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

We can often 3 man FoTM 50 or 4 Man – depends whos on… so we decided to see if anyone wanted to buy the slot?

Nothing wrong with that.. often its better to take no extra people and not carry people through a dungeon. Sometimes its just easier 3 or 4 man ;-)

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

I know people pay 20g for FOTM 50 sometimes on NA. I guess people have more money than time? Or skill?

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

The whole prestige of fractal skins is that they can’t be bought, this can’t catch on because it undermines itself.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I have some friends that mainly gain money through the TP, they have tons of money but some things still aren’t obtainable through that, they’re the type of player that wants that fractal weapon and willing to throw the money out.

Where there’s demand, there will be a supply, and that’s not a problem.

I’ve never been a huge seller here, but in my old game I made the equivalent of millions of gold, could clear equivalent of 1k gold in a weekend easily. I always thought it was silly people were willing to do it, but getting to know my customers it made sense. For instance my biggest buyers were this Husband/Wife duo, the husband liked the easier open world content which he’d grind for hours. The Wife liked the crafting and made tons through that using the supplies her husband got. They’d both siphon the money to me to get the rewards I could provide. All 3 of us benefited from this situation, and they became close enough friends that if I had extra spots I’d just toss it to them for free because I appreciated our relationship (rewards were character based not account, so they could just hop on an alt and soak it up). In the end I probably profited the equivalent of 100k gold from them, but they were happy to do it.

Point being, buying/selling isn’t a bad thing, it’s just those that abuse it that create a situation of hate, on both sides (wow strange concept having jerks on both sides ).

I do miss those guys, really cool people, as with all my friends over my 15 years of gaming, I do miss the, but I’m a terrible anti-social person and I am terrible about keeping up relationships.

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

Bought fractals for 4-8g to get raider’s armor chest… twice. 10+ gold is not worth for the RNG, but anything below that… is.

Edit:
+ I only buy fractals when i dont have the time to run them. They are pretty easy with the right team, but most of the time i get nothing from a 50’s daily, meanwhile some people are selling it for 30g?… They are patient, i guess.

(edited by sMihaly.1492)

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I know people pay 20g for FOTM 50 sometimes on NA. I guess people have more money than time? Or skill?

Absolutely. It’s easy to get 20g in SW and then pay your way to rewards in other content that you’re not good enough to do yourself.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

TheFantasticGman.9451

Yup, no problem with it myself. More power to ’em if they can get buyers.

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Absolutely. It’s easy to get 20g in SW and then pay your way to rewards in other content that you’re not good enough to do yourself.

Especially since you could earn 20 gold in silverwastes before finishing a fotm 50 w/ a bad pug.

Dietere.3476

Why assume buyers aren’t “good enough” to complete it themselves? While there may be a few players that do this, I would argue that more buyers are prioritizing time over money. Judge as you will, though.

Rising Dusk.2408

It’s much faster to simply complete a fractal L50 than to grind out 20g and buy it. Even at 10g/hour, which is pretty optimistic, a decentish L50 group can finish the whole thing in less than 2 hours. It’s only really time-saving to farm the gold if:

• …you’re incapable of finding good pubs/friends to run with.
  • …you yourself are not very good.
  • …you find a really cheap seller (~8g).
[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

Let me tell you a secret… Trading post barons make the most gold/HR.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Rising Dusk.2408

Let me tell you a secret… Trading post barons make the most gold/HR.

Oh my, I never would have guessed! What have I been doing these many years?!

Dietere.3476

It’s much faster to simply complete a fractal L50 than to grind out 20g and buy it. Even at 10g/hour, which is pretty optimistic, a decentish L50 group can finish the whole thing in less than 2 hours. It’s only really time-saving to farm the gold if:

• …you’re incapable of finding good pubs/friends to run with.
  • …you yourself are not very good.
  • …you find a really cheap seller (~8g).

While it is true that gold per hour is better earned in other places, I don’t think that’s what buyers are thinking about at all.

For example, some days I have several hours to play, while other days I have ~30 min total to play. That’s not enough time to get anything significant done, especially since my playtime varies and I don’t have a static FotM speed run group. If I want to get my daily 50 clear done and I only have 30 min to do it, buying a run is worth it to me. It’s not about gold per hour, or not being capable or “skilled” enough to do it myself, it’s about getting the most out of my very limited play time.

In regards to gold per hour, though… If you get lucky and get an ascended chest, that’s approximately a 50g drop. I know that’s it’s a gamble and you won’t always (or sometimes ever) get drops that you want, but the convenience of having it done in a matter of minutes is worth the cost to some people.

Again, if you don’t like the idea of buying a Fractal run, don’t do it. Feel free to look down on those who do, but understand that when there is a demand, there will be people who will supply.

Windsagio.1340

First time I sold a fractal…

last thing the guy said to us:

“This wasn’t worth it”

I think he got a magi’s ring… for 24 gold.

I hate selling fractals (although my friends like to try it) because it feels to me like I’m cheating people. They’re so unlikely to get value, it’s not like dungeons where’ tis guaranteed progress.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

First time I sold a fractal…

last thing the guy said to us:

“This wasn’t worth it”

I think he got a magi’s ring… for 24 gold.

I hate selling fractals (although my friends like to try it) because it feels to me like I’m cheating people. They’re so unlikely to get value, it’s not like dungeons where’ tis guaranteed progress.

24g? That’s pretty high. Did you sell a Lv50?

//Also I bought, sold and gave away fractals in the past, nothing big. Chances are low, but some people really want the skins and want to go for multiple rolls over the different tiers. Since that takes time with pugs, they might buy one or two tiers and run the other ones. Don’t see the issue with that.

(edited by NovaanVerdiano.6174)

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Lvl 50 sells for 30g at EU prime time. Takes about 10min to find a buyer if you don’t have regular buyers.

Posted by: Skady.5916

Skady.5916

We run FOTM trios daily and sell it for 15-20g, run usually takes about 35-50 min depending on roll.

People mostly buy it for convenience and for an opportunity to get fractal skin/ascended box/fractal tonic. Couple of our buyers already got fractal tonic which cannot otherwise be bought on TP . I guess people who dont wanna spend hours wiping in pugs find this service a good investment.

Feel free to find me in game if you wanna buy a spot

A man of knowledge lives by acting, not by thinking about acting.
-Carlos Castaneda
Skady Valda

(edited by Skady.5916)

Posted by: cthaeh.2168

cthaeh.2168

Couple of our buyers already got fractal tonic which cannot otherwise be bought on TP .

This is true! When I bought a path I got a Fractal Tonic, 2 precursors, and a Fractal Weapon Box! The more you pay for a path the higher your chances to get a precursor are. Fact.

Posted by: Gav.1425

Gav.1425

If anyone’s selling, please hit me up. After farming 16/19 skins and the tonic, I’m down to just buy 50,40,30,20 every day til I finish. Like many have said before, it’s about prioritizing time over gold.

With grad school finals coming up, if I have any time to play, it’s not going to be doing in-game chores when I’d rather finish off my last few TPvP titles.

Skin drop rates are 12, 10, 4, 2% respectively. I’ll pay 15g, 13g, 7g, 4g. Make quick gold!

(edited by Gav.1425)

Posted by: Skady.5916

Skady.5916

We do daily FOTM trios, 4-6 instances sold between 5PST and 9PST
20g for lvl50, 15g for lvl 40

Skady.5916
-Cheers

A man of knowledge lives by acting, not by thinking about acting.
-Carlos Castaneda
Skady Valda

(edited by Skady.5916)

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

So, based on https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GCoCukxegWfzdDHcCO8rZyC3FbM8E-HfEoicVo2z9S4/edit?usp=sharing you could compare crafting armour & weps by buying the items off tp, or buying the chances in fractals. How much do you value those shiny fractal skins and tonics?

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

I don’t have armorsmith 500 so fractal is my main source of ascended heavy armor. So far one full set. Good enough!

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

But is it berserkers?

If it is. Then wtf at your luck. x)

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Yup. Raider x) Now I’m onto Soros light starting with the new drop xD

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

26 raiders chests and counting. :3

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

The whole prestige of fractal skins is that they can’t be bought, this can’t catch on because it undermines itself.

Since posting this I’ve bought maybe 10 50s and gotten something good(skin/armor) 50% of the time. Its definitely worth it for level 50 but all my sub-50 runs give me garbage so I don’t even really play anymore.

Anet needs to do something about this, I hope masteries help.

Gav.1425

im 1/12 on raider’s chests. fml!

Gav.1425

Got Longbow and Pistol tonight.. in the same night.

Only the Focus alludes me. Hit me up in game!

Gav.1425

Still chasing that last weapon skin…! Hit me up in game.

Posted by: UmbraVictor.9842

UmbraVictor.9842

Further more you get over 10k karma.

Posted by: theoutsider.7849

theoutsider.7849

Been selling fotm trio runs for a while on NA. If people know that they are paying into a small chance at skin or ascended chest, then I’ll gladly take their money for it.
Filling the selling spots, no matter what tier (50,40 and 30) takes around 10 minutes on average.
Not only are trio fotms FUN and slightly more challenging than what else this game offers, but selling the final spots actually makes them worth your time! You know, that rewarding feeling when you get 15g/player for a 50.

I’ll be honest and just say that you can make more gold in an hour of Silverwastes (and Pug fotm generally take an hour +). Heck, if you spend most of your playtime grinding Silverwastes entirely and maintain that easy, high gold intake like so many players do every day now, you have leeway to spend it on the big fractal gamble.

As to “people who buy the runs are probably not good players/don’t deserve it”, if I didn’t have my good team that runs trios in 30-40min on average, I’d probably just buy the runs too. Skin gambles are highly attractive to me, and I’d rather just drop 20 out of my 100 Silverwastes gold on a chance than getting frustrated over pugstrats and people who can’t find their dodge key.

TheFantasticGman.9451

You know, I made this thread… then a couple of weeks ago I was brought in on a 4-man lvl 50 fractal. We sold the last spot for 20g. We had a buyer in less than 10 seconds… TBH, I was surprised. I need to make this a regular thing lol.

Gav.1425

<— still a buyer :P From time to time

I’ve gotten 3 precursor drops (zap, dawn, lover) before I’ve gotten my last kitten fotm skin (focus)

qq!

Posted by: ThyShadowPaladin.9521

ThyShadowPaladin.9521

I’m a seller, but not often I guess. Some ppl buy. but then, you get ppl who overprice FoTM (15g for a 40? you’re kidding) and I feel that it’s a rip off since they take 15-30mins to finish a full run casually.

Posted by: doddbox.8153

doddbox.8153

I’m guessing people prefer pressing F on chests than difficult content like Fractals so they just buy it ¯\(’’/)

very special guild tag [tX]