Selling dungeon runs

Selling dungeon runs

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: grimdwa.2461

grimdwa.2461

One of the best things about GW2 is how nice people are, generally that is because from time to time you can come about some real jerks and Im not talking abou WvW, where you are allowed to be a mean #$!@ to your opponent, Im talking about this new group that has decided to make a proffit out of something that is free, namely those who sell dungeon runs for the city of Arah.

I know it shouldnt get to me, Im not going to be dumb enough to pay for bottle of water that is even more contaminated than the one coming out of the tap, but there are plenty of people out there falling for this dumb scheme and who, unfortunately, will veer away from those making the run just because its fun, which in turn its leaving a lot of honest to goodness people hanging out to dry.

Its not illegal, that much has been made clear by Arenanet, but its annoying and a clear sign of how many rotten apples there actually are trolling around in this great game.

My advice to people, steer clear of these leeches, create your own -FREE -groups and enjoy the game with people that dont care if you shot that arrow a second too early, or cast the wrong spell, its all about fun.

I know this has probably been said a dozen time, but I needed to get it off my chest.

Selling dungeon runs

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I like buying runs when I don’t have time. Why do sellers affect you? Why do they upset you? They aren’t going into your parties demanding payment or anything.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Selling dungeon runs

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

One of the best things about GW2 is how nice people are, generally that is because from time to time you can come about some real jerks and Im not talking abou WvW, where you are allowed to be a mean #$!@ to your opponent, Im talking about this new group that has decided to make a proffit out of something that is free, namely those who sell dungeon runs for the city of Arah.

I know it shouldnt get to me, Im not going to be dumb enough to pay for bottle of water that is even more contaminated than the one coming out of the tap, but there are plenty of people out there falling for this dumb scheme and who, unfortunately, will veer away from those making the run just because its fun, which in turn its leaving a lot of honest to goodness people hanging out to dry.

Its not illegal, that much has been made clear by Arenanet, but its annoying and a clear sign of how many rotten apples there actually are trolling around in this great game.

My advice to people, steer clear of these leeches, create your own -FREE -groups and enjoy the game with people that dont care if you shot that arrow a second too early, or cast the wrong spell, its all about fun.

I know this has probably been said a dozen time, but I needed to get it off my chest.

But Lupicus is wayyyy toooo difficult for me! How am I supposed to get the Arah armor if I can’t kill lupicus plserino!

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.

Selling dungeon runs

Posted by: Ephemeral.5409

Ephemeral.5409

So I’m a leech because I solo’d an arah path and I want to make profit off of it? Because other people aren’t able to complete the content and they’d rather use the money they got from champ farming/buying gems to get dungeon tokens? Please delete yourself.

The only reason the path selling LFG advertisements seem to be up all the time is because they take longer to fill. Normal runs fill up almost instantly.

Selling dungeon runs

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

I fail to see the problem with legit path selling as well. It’s a rendition of services like any other.
If you don’t feel the need for that particular service, don’t buy. Problem solved.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

Selling dungeon runs

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

Jerk: a stupid person or a person who is not well-liked or who treats other people badly

Can’t tell you how many times I’ve been captured by Arah sellers and been forced to pay for path after path.

About time they drop the hammer. Can’t think of anything more malicious than selling an honest service for an honest price.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Selling dungeon runs

Posted by: Tarug.7369

Tarug.7369

Ah, it’s been a while since we had one of these. Thank you, OP! The dungeon forum wouldn’t be complete without a thread complaining about dungeon selling in the first page!

Nina Tarug [NP] – mesmer
“You’re a bitter man," said Candide.
“That’s because I’ve lived in the dungeon forum,” said Martin.

Selling dungeon runs

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

Ah, it’s been a while since we had one of these. Thank you, OP! The dungeon forum wouldn’t be complete without a thread complaining about dungeon selling in the first page!

I’ve honestly missed it!

Selling dungeon runs

Posted by: Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Cries Of Sorrow.5864

yeah cause these threads are fun to read /guntomyhead.
and yeah definitely ban those exploiting sellers.

Main Elementalist:Train Of Thought
Alt Warrior: Burning Paris
Best Ele build EU.

Selling dungeon runs

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

I like buying runs when I don’t have time. Why do sellers affect you? Why do they upset you? They aren’t going into your parties demanding payment or anything.

I’ve never understood this, lol.

I get it for people that can’t run the path or are scared of it, but when people who could run a path buy it….blows my mind O.o I guess I like having my gold more than I’ve ever needed tokens xD

I need to get me some of that there virtual affluence.

(edited by dlonie.6547)

Selling dungeon runs

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I’ve never understood this, lol.

I get it for people that can’t run the path or are scared of it, but when people who could run a path buy it….blows my mind O.o I guess I like having my gold more than I’ve ever needed tokens xD

I need to get me some of that there virtual affluence.

I didn’t even want the tokens, or anything. I just… Buy things because I can.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Selling dungeon runs

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

There are customers, so people clearly want the service.

You don’t like it, then don’t buy.

Selling dungeon runs

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

You came in here whining about sellers when it wasn’t even your problem?

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Selling dungeon runs

Posted by: Acotje.5689

Acotje.5689

People are so mean for offering a service for a price!
Everything should be free

Attachments:

Hello darkness, my old friend.

Selling dungeon runs

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Im not going to be dumb enough to pay for bottle of water that is even more contaminated than the one coming out of the tap, but there are plenty of people out there falling for this dumb scheme and who, unfortunately blablabla

Sir it seems to me you may have forgot your protective headpiece.

Attachments:

Selling dungeon runs

Posted by: Tai Kratos.3247

Tai Kratos.3247

Mods are gonna close this thread you realize, right? For the abuse? Just explain, no need to mock him.

To the OP, I want pieces of the Arrah armor, but I think the dungeon is miserable. So, when push comes to shove, I will probably pay for a run precisely because I want to have fun. I want the armor, but I don’t want to do the dungeon. So I’ll do something I do like, have fun, make money that way, and then use that money to essentially buy the armor without doing the manual labor normally required.

Selling dungeon runs

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

We do in fact want it closed.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Selling dungeon runs

Posted by: Tai Kratos.3247

Tai Kratos.3247

We do in fact want it closed.

Ha, then carry on I suppose…

Selling dungeon runs

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

About dungeon buyers I can tell you only one personal thing: if they are SO bad in playing this game that they would rather pay lots of golds than run a dungeon, I am much happier to see them in sellers’ teams than mine!

\||||||/
O°v°O

Selling dungeon runs

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Thanks for the chuckle. Best line " steer clear of these leaches" … so people who are willing to do a path where others can come in pay gold and do basically nothing… they are the leaches? Not those buying it? Wouldn’t leeches be the ones that are living off others.

All that said, I understand why some are frustrated. They want to get into an arah group but see that it’s all sellers instead of open groups. I get it. There’s also I think a natural aversion to the mercenary trade.

But is it really wrong, or even unexpected, to have mercenaries in a fantasy game?

The only effect this has on you is that some of the players who really want the marks might be more willing to pay the money than to do a full PUG Arah path. And that I guess is an indirect sort of situation where it does effect some people outside of the system, but you can always still start a path and open it up to PUGs, no one is stopping you.

I made probably 100million doing this type of stuff in Everquest. Haven’t really started in GW2 really. But eventually I got to a point where i’d have nothing to do, and being a merc gave me something to do. Same with GW2, finish your speed dungeons for the day, head to arah and start selling if you still want to play. It’s a good thing to give players extra motivation to play isn’kitten

And with that in EQ I had dozens of buyers, I’d get a couple tells every time I logged in asking for certain dungeons. I probably made a good 2mill off one husband/wife team (a mill was probably about 500gold equivalent) but they loved me. We became good friends, and I even started just tossing them freebies when I had extra slots going to waste.

The only people who get upset about the situation are those that aren’t involved. And I get it, people don’t like the idea of folks getting stuff without having to work for it. Or they don’t like that others are taking potential PUG teammates away because it’s easier to buy it. But in the end both parties are happy, why can’t you be too?

Personally I love it, goes with one of the things I like best about GW2. Cash is King, not many MMOs have kept a good handle on their economies. Been a long time since I played a game that allowed their standard currency to be so important still. It’s refreshing.

Selling dungeon runs

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

About dungeon buyers I can tell you only one personal thing: if they are SO bad in playing this game that they would rather pay lots of golds than run a dungeon, I am much happier to see them in sellers’ teams than mine!

Common misconception here.

It’s just an issue of “what’s worth more, your time or money?”

Spend an hour or two trying to get through a PUG run.

Or spend 10-15 getting it done for ~3 gold.

Remember a dungeon isn’t a solo event. So you have to factor in the whole team. While an individual may even be able to solo the path, doing it in a PUG can still take FAR longer than you really want to take doing it. So it may very much be more reasonable to just drop 3g and grab a path (yes they normally sell for ~6-7g but you get 3g from the bonus box+ various drops)

I know I’m defending it a lot, but personally I’d never buy em, it’s not worth it to me. I play to have fun, buying a path gets me progression but no fun. I’d rather take the long path as games tend to get stale when you get everything you want, so holding that off as long as possible is good.

Same view I have on buying gold with gems in this game, or buying gold in any game. I think it’s crazy, and i’d never do it, but i’m glad it’s there, because I know many players with jobs IRL that make it so it’s simply worth much more to them to buy the gold than to spend hours they don’t have to get it. It’s crazy to me, but I know multiple people who have spent thousands on the microtransaction stuff in games. To them it just made more sense to spend money on some stuff than to spend the time in game.

Selling dungeon runs

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

I used to sell Arah quite often, sometimes to people I had pugged with before that I know can run it. I never assume they’re buying because they can’t run it. Some people would rather do wvw or whatever. So it’s quick and easy for them to buy paths, whether it be for arah gear, a legendary or just for the achievement points. So many people that do run it are getting carried anyway, I see no shame in buying a path.

Selling dungeon runs

Posted by: Richo.3081

Richo.3081

I sell Arah paths quite regularly and from my point of view its not such a bad thing. There is a lot of mutual respect and benefit on offer.

If you consider that otherwise it could take them hours to complete, the fee itself is not very big. I sell my path 1’s for 8g, which after turning 3.26 gold is ~4.75g for 60 tokens, that didn’t take them time or tears. I also pay people 1g each for help at tar given it needs 4 people, so there is money transferred there and more mutual benefit.

As a business, its not such a bad thing to think about really since both parties are happy.

However, I do have a problem with people who are selling paths that have been heavily exploited… but thats a different topic

Selling dungeon runs

Posted by: Dilligaf Wyt.1867

Dilligaf Wyt.1867

Look at them as mercenaries. They sell their sword to the highest bidder. Surprised that there isnt a strong merc guild already.

Selling dungeon runs

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

I love how this guy hasn’t come back with a response.

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.