Selling dungeon spots in Arah

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: DougNotDougie.3590

DougNotDougie.3590

Q:

A lot of people sell spots right before the final boss in Arah. Its very annoying, a lot of the time people will kick you just to sell the spot. Does A-net explicitly allow this or is it just unknown?

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Oh my god please read the front page of the dungeon forum

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

A lot of people sell spots right before the final boss in Arah. Its very annoying, a lot of the time people will kick you just to sell the spot. Does A-net explicitly allow this or is it just unknown?

Screenshot your party before you start each pug…kicking someone to sell a run is a bannable offense (and kicking happens a lot more rarely than a lot of people claims)

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Kicking to sell is very rare. It’s more of an issue in Fractal PUGs than Arah where people will kick on Maw/Molten/Mai Trin to invite a friend.

As for the selling, there’s so many (esp for P2) as it’s exploitable to hell and a certain 3 classes can AFK every boss. These exploits are bannable, but path selling itself is not.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Posted by: DraconianBlake.6917

DraconianBlake.6917

I just got kicked from 2 different parties. 1 was selling a run for 8g and then the 2nd run was selling final boss for 20g. Like seriously, Im going to give you 20g for what.. a couple of pieces of loot and maybe 2g if Im lucky.

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

I just got kicked from 2 different parties. 1 was selling a run for 8g and then the 2nd run was selling final boss for 20g. Like seriously, Im going to give you 20g for what.. a couple of pieces of loot and maybe 2g if Im lucky.

They had completed the dungeon (Arah p4) and were offering the Dungeon Master to people willing to pay the price. It saves the purchaser an hour of running a difficult dungeon.

Stop joining LFG’s that you explicitly saying “don’t join us if you want to do a normal run!”

holy kitten.

Posted by: Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Dat necro thou, oh blake what must we do with thy….

Main Elementalist:Train Of Thought
Alt Warrior: Burning Paris
Best Ele build EU.

Posted by: Veckna.9621

Veckna.9621

Dungeon path selling is not in infringement of any terms of service. However, how you complete the path to then sell can possibly break some of those terms.
Kicking party members to sell a path is bannable, exploits like no-clipping are bannable.
Arah is a popular dungeon to sell as a lot of people wish to get their dungeon master or tokens and are often unable to complete it, also there are several players who spend a lot of time in it and able to solo it with ease and sell what we call ‘legit runs’ that are completed without exploiting or kicking anyone from the group.
As advice if you’re looking to buy paths and not be associated with exploits look for the waypoint in the Lupicus area to know if you’re buying an exploit-less run. If you don’t want to reward people who kick their groupmates with money, only buy paths from known solo’ers or respectable PvE guilds.

Posted by: TKiller.6829

TKiller.6829

I feel like this is a ruse. This person is likely pretending to be a complete goof to lure us into a pointless argument.

Oh you sly trickster, I won’t fall victim to such jest.

Defeated by packet loss.