Separate Agony Slots On All Asc. Gear

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Memphisjz.1405

Memphisjz.1405

I’ve browsed through 8 pages of post in here to find a similar post but i can’t.

Is it just me that is immensely bothered by the fact that you have to make a choice between extra agony resistance, or a +5 power/prec/condi or +5 toughness/vitality/.. and – 1% dmg from WvW NPCs?

I’m a player that plays all parts of GW2 (sPvP, WvW, Dungeons, Fractals)
And it really frustrates me that i have a separate set of trinkets/backpack with Agony Resistance just for fractals.. Now with fractals level cap being increased in HoT, i don’t want to replace my current +5 toughness and -% WvW guard dmg infusions for more Agony Resistance.

*Please add additional separate AR slots to all Ascended Gear, or better, change the way AR works all together." Maybe it can work the same way Magic find works now. i.e. Fractals will drop consumable items that increase your AR permanently account wide.

With the craftable infusions, it should really just be possible to freely extract an AR infusion so it can be upgraded. Why would i use a +10 AR infusion if i’ll need another 2 to create a +11 one?

So many QoL changes that can be done to AR…

Hylo Hammerswing [AoA]
Treb Master of the Shiverpeaks

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

Can’t say that I agree with separate slots for different infusions on gear. Though, I am absolutely in favor of the consumable idea!

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Love the consumable idea.

As for your general idea, you can invest into stat + agony stuff, just quite a bit bigger investment than pure stats or pure agony

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Ya AR infusion could use a little QoL reworking.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Bawi.9541

Bawi.9541

I’d prefer for them to just axe AR completely. It doesn’t serve any purpose that fractal reward level does not already cover.

Change reward level to be locked to the highest consecutive fractal level you finished on this account starting at level 1. As in have a server-side checklist where any fractal level you managed to beat gets checked off, and the game rewards you with the loot of the hardest fractal you have done without skipping one. Done.
That way:

• You can finish higher level fractals if your group just happens to be doing it, and your reward level will catch up once you finish the levels in between. No progress lost.
  • You can’t skip fractal levels you don’t like – or on a bigger scale: The big part of the community doesn’t get carried by skipping the hard fractal levels that a few pioneers managed/bothered to beat.
  • As it’s on an account scale (already) you can countercomp certain fractal levels if needed.

Looks like the obvious solution to me – even moreso with the new system where a fractal level is a locked combination of map + fractal anomaly + enemy scaling.

Ele / Guardian

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

The entire point of Ascended gear and infusions is to get you to grind. So it’s working as intended.

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

AR is a garbage mechanic. Nothing but a gear check. It mattered when you didn’t have enough resistance to trivialize it so you actually had to dodge agony causing attacks or face being downed.

But then they went and introduced a pulsing agony aura in one of the stupidest design decisions ever made.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

The idea to force enough AR is ok so you know people have sufficient AR at higher levels. But:

• You can easily skip levels so it’s pointless.
  • It’s so effective that you pretty much need max AR.
  • It’s the first level after agony damage increases which makes the whole agony mechanic pointless.

Much simpler way would be removing agony but requiring specific AR to even get inside.