Seriously?

Seriously?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Ryuseki.3726

Ryuseki.3726

Fractals of the Mists
Cliffside: Fixed an issue where players could damage the final seal with their normal attacks.
Cliffside: Fixed an issue where players were able to attack and kill the first boss before triggering the cinematic.
Cliffside: Fixed an issue where the Cultists would not reset correctly on party wipe at scale 10+ in the final boss fight.

Because THOSE were clearly more important to fix than the disconnect issue. Your teams priorities are very obscure. How you manage to hold a player base is beyond me.

Seriously?

Posted by: Pinch.4273

Pinch.4273

Those types of issues can be solved by the dungeon developers.

The disconnect issue is the kind of thing that would be solved by programmers.

Two very different sets of people.

Seriously?

Posted by: Shadowmoon.7986

Shadowmoon.7986

You also forgot about fixing the teleporting grawl issue. I’m glad that fixing exploit that makes your instances slightly easier are higher priority than fixing the bugs that cheat out your players.

Seriously?

Posted by: noobftw.9654

noobftw.9654

developers are not programmers?
So basically what you are saying is there is AnetD and AnetP. They have different priority list and isolated to each other. So when AnetD screw up big time, Anet really shouldn’t be taking the blame. Hmmm, sounds very logical to me.

Seriously?

Pinch.4273

So basically what you are saying is there is AnetD and AnetP. They have different priority list and isolated to each other. So when AnetD screw up big time, Anet really shouldn’t be taking the blame. Hmmm, sounds very logical to me.

The people who design the dungeons use scripting tools. They are not programmers. The programmers are the ones who program all the stuff they can do with the tools. The issues fixed seem to me like something that can be fixed using scripting tools. Therefore, the programmers can be working on fixing the disconnect issue, while the dungeon developers fix stuff inside the actual dungeon.

Seriously?

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

Fractals of the Mists
Cliffside: Fixed an issue where players could damage the final seal with their normal attacks.
Cliffside: Fixed an issue where players were able to attack and kill the first boss before triggering the cinematic.
Cliffside: Fixed an issue where the Cultists would not reset correctly on party wipe at scale 10+ in the final boss fight.

Because THOSE were clearly more important to fix than the disconnect issue. Your teams priorities are very obscure. How you manage to hold a player base is beyond me.

Maybe….just maybe, those bugs were simply easier to fix?

Maybe…Them fixing one bug isn’t impeding the progress of them fixing the other bugs?

I have no idea. But you have no idea also. (Unless you work for Anet. If so, sorry!) You’re making some assumptions here. How you manage to get this frustrated and impatient based on something none of us really knows is…beyond me!

Seriously?

Posted by: Hobocop.1508

Hobocop.1508

Yes, seriously.

Because not all bugs are created equal. Those were much easier fixes than the D/C issue, which didn’t make it into the December 3rd patch because of how difficult it ended up being to fix.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Dec-3-patch-notes/page/2#post914876

Seriously?

noobftw.9654

The people who design the dungeons use scripting tools. They are not programmers. The programmers are the ones who program all the stuff they can do with the tools. The issues fixed seem to me like something that can be fixed using scripting tools. Therefore, the programmers can be working on fixing the disconnect issue, while the dungeon developers fix stuff inside the actual dungeon.

You are making the dc issue sound like rocket science. But the fix doesn’t need to be hardcore. As long as there is a way for you to get back in, its ain’t that big of an issue:

The player is in a party— Yes
The player has finished all bosses the party finished in current instance — Yes

Then let the player rejoin the party in fractals.

There should be plenty of easy and quick ways to fix it. Again the problem is priority, and Anet just don’t see fixing the broken FTOM mechanism before removing the shortcut, increasing the difficulty, adding veteran mobs and reducing rare item drops is only logical. Their way of approaching the problem is beyond me.

Seriously?

Ursan.7846

There should be plenty of easy and quick ways to fix it.

You know this, how?

Seriously?

noobftw.9654

You know this, how?

“As long as there is a way for you to get back in, it ain’t that big of an issue:”

DC is not that big issue in other dungeons, no?

So they already have a working solution, no?

So if they copy&paste that solution to FOTM, we happy, no?

Now instead of making us happy, they facepalm us in dec 3rd path, no?

Seriously?

Pinch.4273

You are making the dc issue sound like rocket science. But the fix doesn’t need to be hardcore. As long as there is a way for you to get back in, its ain’t that big of an issue:

There should be plenty of easy and quick ways to fix it. Again the problem is priority, and Anet just don’t see fixing the broken FTOM mechanism before removing the shortcut, increasing the difficulty, adding veteran mobs and reducing rare item drops is only logical. Their way of approaching the problem is beyond me.

Why don’t they hire you right now, you have all the answers! And you know the internals of their game better than they do!

Seriously?

Posted by: Hobocop.1508

Hobocop.1508

Nope. Other dungeons don’t have a variable difficulty setting to worry about, which is part of the draw of fractals in the first place. I’d imagine that is playing a significant part in the complications of getting people back in when they get kicked.

(edited by Hobocop.1508)

Seriously?

Ursan.7846

You know this, how?

“As long as there is a way for you to get back in, it ain’t that big of an issue:”

How do you know they implemented fractals the same way they implemented dungeons?

I can say pretty confidently that they didn’t. The basic structure is completely different and even a player (like you) can see that. In a dungeon, a party of players enter an instanced dungeon from the open world. In a FotM, a party of players enter an instanced lab. And then are transported to another instance (fractals themselves).

Completely different structures. Obviously I don’t know what the exact problem is, but I can say with lots of confidence that whatever worked for the dungeons, won’t work for the fractals.

Seriously?

noobftw.9654

Why don’t they hire you right now, you have all the answers! And you know the internals of their game better than they do!

Sounds like they hired you as their PR.

I guess you are right. This issue is quite complicated, sorry for simplifying it. As a matter of fact, it’s so complicated that who can solve it should be rewarded the nobel prize.

Seriously?

noobftw.9654

You know this, how?

How do you know they implemented fractals the same way they implemented dungeons?

I can say pretty confidently that they didn’t. The basic structure is completely different and even a player (like you) can see that. In a dungeon, a party of players enter an instanced dungeon from the open world. In a FotM, a party of players enter an instanced lab. And then are transported to another instance (fractals themselves).

Completely different structures. Obviously I don’t know what the exact problem is, but I can say with lots of confidence that whatever worked for the dungeons, won’t work for the fractals.

There might be some difference indeed. But they are both dungeons. If the one who entered FOTM first leaves the party, the whole party gets kicked, just like any other dungeon. FOTM must be derived from existing dungeons with some features turned off. It doesn’t make sense to create a whole new dungeon mechanism when you already have one.
I am not saying it can fixed in seconds. But, hey, it’s been good two weeks. And there is still no solution, while in the meantime two patches in a row rolled out with some major makeover of cliffside? So again, the problem here is how they prioritize fixes. And how an average player would defend anet on this matter is beyond me.