Share Your WTF / Funny Moments in Dungeons!

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

*coughUnborkingtheforumcough*

You know, I enjoy coming to the dungeon forums because there are people who are intensely interested in dissecting fights (like the Mai Trin thread) and perfecting tactics for the fight. It’s a breath of fresh air compared to: “Guys, can’t we just range lupi for phase 2? It’s easier for me”

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

(edited by DigitalKirin.9714)

Posted by: Embrace The Bold.7619

Embrace The Bold.7619

On the note for Arah path 3 if you ask for experienced and they die on the first boss just say “<insert name here> I asked for experienced I’m sorry but I’m going to kick you because you don’t meet my requirements for my group.” Never should you die on Crusher he’s so easy (how hard is standing behind something?), though if your group pulled the hunter as well (or fought both at once) and had no reflects/absorbs I could see a dying happening with bad rng/lag. Although how often do you get a group if no reflects/absorbs?

The Sickest Guild NA

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

I should leave if the group wants to pull Crusher…so annoying.

Reminds me a p3 pug. They pulled Crusher, safe spotted Mage Crusher and ranged lupi, then said no way to los on Wraithlord with an ele in the group.

(edited by laharl.8435)

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

Against my better judgement I decided pug Arah after getting bored with pvp. Well, my screen was cluttered with XxX sell path 5000g XxX and I really don’t want that crap on my screen giving me a headache so I gave up (such willpower) and decided to go back to pvp.

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

coming soon…

HotW P1 5g

(facepalm)

Posted by: IrisTheCasual.3742

IrisTheCasual.3742

Funny moments of yesterday. Arah LFG always makes me smile.

Attachments:

Posted by: xallever.1874

xallever.1874

This way there won’t be any more cannons. Now that is proper thinking.

Posted by: layzoe.6035

layzoe.6035

Maybe they wanted the AP for killing Horrik.

IrisTheCasual.3742

Seem to be the case. Except for no communication prior to the engagement and at the expense of a total group annihilation.

layzoe.6035

Seem to be the case. Except for no communication prior to the engagement and at the expense of a total group annihilation.

Would have been fun to watch regardless… in expense of your time I am sure.. but would have been worth it. So does Horrik necro after you kill him. I always wondered what happened if you kill him first.

DigitalKirin.9714

Mai Trin insta-resses him like Hunter/Crusher.

Posted by: noobgood.8762

noobgood.8762

Crusher resses with his signet that can be interrupted afaik

DigitalKirin.9714

Crusher resses with his signet that can be interrupted afaik

Gotcha – well, Mai Trin has some animation for it as well, I think. We only killed him once for the achieve. Either way, he gets ressed by her was the impression I get.

Posted by: xsquared.1926

xsquared.1926

Please dont take my lightning hammer, you silly warrior.

Attachments:

Master Ruseman. Lv80 Mesmer 10/20/0/25/15
Boon Dispenser. Lv80 Guardian 15/25/0/20/10 Boom Dispenser – Lv80 Engineer 30/30/0/10/0
Chuck Thunderstruck – Lv 80 Ele 30/10/10/10/10

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

Oh i wish i could thisisspartakick those people into the abyss for that …

IrisTheCasual.3742

I couldn’t decide on what to do at that moment… hur hur hur…

Attachments:

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

My LFG post for AC:

p-1-2-3,zerker,80,speedrun,heavy,stacking,no kohler.

pretty straight forward right ?

guess not,

What I got was a bunch of people wishing I didn’t notice they wanted to be carried.

got,

• a guard that doesn’t know how to use wall, didn’t know how to lure boss in p2 or lure spiders in queen fight, I’m like WTH ?
  • got a warrior that didn’t know how to stack, kept dying all over the place and didn’t read party chat when I tried to explain so we could salvage the run.

after a bit I politely said, this is not what I was looking for and to please read the LFG post before entering party to avoid awkward situations.

some things were said to me, I brushed them off, leave party and proceed to block both the guard and the warrior.

I post my LFG again.

same warrior keeps trying to get into my party, I request a kick, it is granted after I explained what was going on to other party members, but this guy just keeps applying to the party on the LFG over and over, we had to kick him like 5 times before he gave up, I’m like WTH !

I say when you block someone they should not be able to apply to your LFG posts at all !

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I fought a Troll in HoTW and got AC tokens!

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

I approve of your chat boxes’ names.

Yesterday i did dungies while drunk. It’s fun because it was my first time on guardian in CoE and i died everywhere (thus missing out on nice loot)

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I actually got kicked at the end of my Arah P3 solo that I was giving out for free because I was in berserker gear. Two people stalk my stream and wait for any opportunity to arise like that and they threaten to forever kick me from my instances unless I “stop exploiting by running past mobs (they think that if you don’t kill every mob in Arah, you’re cheating) with meta gear and encouraging toxic gameplay.”

Not even kidding lol.

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

I actually got kicked at the end of my Arah P3 solo that I was giving out for free because I was in berserker gear. Two people stalk my stream and wait for any opportunity to arise like that and they threaten to forever kick me from my instances unless I “stop exploiting by running past mobs (they think that if you don’t kill every mob in Arah, you’re cheating) with meta gear and encouraging toxic gameplay.”

Not even kidding lol.

worst. people. ever.

IrisTheCasual.3742

Not even kidding lol.

I feel upset for you Stupid leechers don’t deserve your grace. I’m sorry about your experience.

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

Well people who actualy do the dongeon 100% legit deserve some form of respect. If you dont like dungeon runners just dont go in a party with them end of the line… ruining a dungeon runner run is just as toxic to the game as glitching dungeons is and altrought i do hate it because it makes every dungeon uber casual my way to protest is to simply do the runs with pugs and organised teams as anyone who dont want to pay for a arah path should.

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Well people who actualy do the dongeon 100% legit deserve some form of respect. If you dont like dungeon runners just dont go in a party with them end of the line… ruining a dungeon runner run is just as toxic to the game as glitching dungeons is and altrought i do hate it because it makes every dungeon uber casual my way to protest is to simply do the runs with pugs and organised teams as anyone who dont want to pay for a arah path should.

That was like, one sentence.

Holy moly. Yeah. I think I know what you’re saying. Griefers are bad.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Tarug.7369

Tarug.7369

I loved the warrior chat, but as a mesmer main I couldn’t help but notice you got the complete package in that pug: not only you have two mesmer for the run, which is highly inefficient, but one seems to be camping GS (spamming iZerkers) and the other is using Phantasmal Defender…

Nina Tarug [NP] – mesmer
“You’re a bitter man," said Candide.
“That’s because I’ve lived in the dungeon forum,” said Martin.

layzoe.6035

I was a bit drunk when I decided to do some dungeons. AC path 1 went fine.. although two people decided to duo Kohler at the end.. and I stayed since I was the instance owner. Got killed while trying to rez them. Kohler in the background kicking like ninja style and doing moves I haven’t seen on any boss.

But TA Up.. oi.. I somehow didn’t make one trash run. So I way pointed. A warrior asks for help in whisper, I told him to waypoint.. and we ran the wrong way.. I mean I ran the wrong way and he followed me back to the first wp. Then I ended up stepping on the spiders so they followed me to the group. After the party leader told us not to step on them. I swore I didn’t but anyways.. the kicker. I tried to melee the nightmare tree by myself and it stepped on me. I died.

IrisTheCasual.3742

Lol, Mina. What an adventure!!! I should drink and do dungeons next time. Operation: Iris learns to drink.

layzoe.6035

Lol, Mina. What an adventure!!! I should drink and do dungeons next time. Operation: Iris learns to drink.

I will go with you! xD in all fairness it was an everyone welcome group. lolololol. drunk dungeoneering is fun when you go with people who won’t be bothered by your mess ups. Wine is good

Enaretos.8079

I will go with you! xD in all fairness it was an everyone welcome group. lolololol. drunk dungeoneering is fun when you go with people who won’t be bothered by your mess ups. Wine is good

I approve of this. Drunk dungeonnering is one of the best things. And wine is awesome, especially red wine.

On a dungeon fail note : my best drunk run was the one where everyone in the PuG was stoned/drunk and we cleared all of AC P1. Even the scepter room :>

My Twitch

IrisTheCasual.3742

How’s about a shot every time I mess up and a gulp of water every time I rez someone?

Lilith Ajit.6173

How’s about a shot every time I mess up and a gulp of water every time I rez someone?

Shot gun a beer when a pug says “dead dps is no dps.”

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

IrisTheCasual.3742

:3 oooh… I love it.

layzoe.6035

I approve of this. Drunk dungeonnering is one of the best things. And wine is awesome, especially red wine.

On a dungeon fail note : my best drunk run was the one where everyone in the PuG was stoned/drunk and we cleared all of AC P1. Even the scepter room :>

Mhm… French red is my favorite! And being on voice is best.. I have spent years doing drunk/high raids with my friends on other games.. We used to raid in massive organized raids pvp.. my friends were quite the best raiders. I am usually the support and the spaz. I get lost in any game, it’s my mo and quirk. Anywho.. we would do late night raids where we would take down the entire camp and just keep going. Those are some of my favorite memories.

I think we should start a dungeon group for drunk-high players and organize runs! Perhaps Noob? I would help with that xD

Enaretos.8079

I’m French and from Bordeaux :>
Just sayin’

My Twitch

layzoe.6035

Just sayin’

So effin Jelly! I have been to France.. Drank tons of wine while there..

maxinion.8396

Just sayin’

I’m in France for work now, and I gotta say, your wine is the best part about it.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Pffff. Seriously overrated.

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

Agree. Noone should be jealous of the french ever.

maxinion.8396

Well, you can get a good bottle of wine anywhere. But a good bottle of wine for 5 Euro? That’s much easier in France.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Who’s online atm? I might consider forcing myself to emerge from this armchair and go to the pc upstairs if we want to do stuffs.
In the name of enameled dyes.
My biggest wtf moment? Dropping an uninfused ettin band in fractals.

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

Were all online :P

Except cla logged off.

layzoe.6035

Well, you can get a good bottle of wine anywhere. But a good bottle of wine for 5 Euro? That’s much easier in France.

Oh, I got a superb bottle of Sangiovese for 1.5 euro in Italy! To this day, my best score in wine. That bottle would have cost $20 in the US. I agree, the ability to find good wine affordably in Europe is much easier than here.

Also, I drank almost every single day while in Europe and never really got drunk nor had terrible hangovers, from wine at least.

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

Part 2 of my epic adventures in PvE land. . .

join an Arah game called P1 with 2 people at Shoggroth (this should have been my 1st warning the group was not very good). get there without going down thanks to the help of offhand focus and fgs, some warrior joins but downs and quits. finally some more people show up they down after a few tries but end up making their way. so we all agree on pulling the boss up against a wall and immobilize spamming. I prepare fire field for might stack (you know teamwork and all), thief doesn’t blast with shortbow but I don’t really care got to 19 stacks for the whole party with just me alone. Get the FGS out and we’re good to go! No? We are all dead (1 guardian 1 ele 2 warriors 1 thief) and dungeon ends. :P

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

Part 2 of my epic adventures in PvE land. . .

join an Arah game called P1 with 2 people at Shoggroth (this should have been my 1st warning the group was not very good). get there without going down thanks to the help of offhand focus and fgs, some warrior joins but downs and quits. finally some more people show up they down after a few tries but end up making their way. so we all agree on pulling the boss up against a wall and immobilize spamming. I prepare fire field for might stack (you know teamwork and all), thief doesn’t blast with shortbow but I don’t really care got to 19 stacks for the whole party with just me alone. Get the FGS out and we’re good to go! No? We are all dead (1 guardian 1 ele 2 warriors 1 thief) and dungeon ends. :P

actually it’s quite common for people to solo/duo the first part of p1 (ooze/entities) then get PUGs at shoggroth, because ooze and entities are easier and often quicker solo than with pugs who might screw things up.

Posted by: Shadow.5694

Shadow.5694

One of my friends and I want to play cof p1, he’s on on his ele, I’m on warr. We join a party with 1 mes and 2 warr (description was p1 full zerker), my mate gets kicked for being ele and not a 4th warrior.

Another story, cof p1 again. We have 4 warriors, I ping banner of discipline. The fight starts and there are 4 banners of discipline…

And cof p1 with 4 warriors once again. I ping banner of discipline, next one pings strength, next one tactics, next one defence…

Posted by: Machupo.1095

Machupo.1095

Fractal lvl49 at Carnass. I’m ele D/F, the 2 guards kept on putting walls at around 600, I was alone in front of the wall in order to touch the boss !

Posted by: theodor.3480

theodor.3480

level 19 fractal pug. 2x Warr, 1 mesmer and 2x ranger (one of them was me). We get swamp and bloomhunger. As the boss fight starts i’m noticing i’m th only one in melee (warrs were using rifles and the other ranger was at 1200 distance away). Ofc i die and it takes the party a full 5 mins to kill bloomhunger from 50% hp. In my head – the only zerker in cleric land.
Left the party after i got my champ chest

I hear no evil, I fear no evil

Lilith Ajit.6173

level 19 fractal pug. 2x Warr, 1 mesmer and 2x ranger (one of them was me). We get swamp and bloomhunger. As the boss fight starts i’m noticing i’m th only one in melee (warrs were using rifles and the other ranger was at 1200 distance away). Ofc i die and it takes the party a full 5 mins to kill bloomhunger from 50% hp. In my head – the only zerker in cleric land.
Left the party after i got my champ chest

Similar story:

Yesterday I joined a level 38. We did wisps no problem, we get to bloom hunger, and I die almost instantly, because I need to l2dodge. But the reason I died was because I forgot to put on my AR trinkets. Anyway, everyone’s dead except this really great LOD warrior and a 1500 range bow bear, and the warrior is hacking away at bloomy. He starts to lag at 25%, gets downed, the bow bear stays at range while he full dies, bow bear, gets Ooc, and we res.

I say “oh no wonder I died, AR trinkets are important!” And then they all get mad at me “it was in the description! Blarghhhh” because they thought I didn’t have the AR.

Anyway, long story short, we got dredge, and I left after the 4th failed bomb attempt where the bowbear insisted we try to clear all of the dredge, despite their infinite spawn.

#PugLyfe

[ARES]

Posted by: theodor.3480

theodor.3480

Lol Lillith, the “clear drege despite infinite respawn” made me laugh and cry at the same time.
P.S: Bowbears at high level fractals? 0.0 that is something new

I hear no evil, I fear no evil