Share Your WTF / Funny Moments in Dungeons!

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

1. Debugging.
2. Not actually a dungeon story, but i must share it …

A guildie recently realised today, he levels a warrior instead a guardian when i told him. The “good” thing he was only lvl8.

edit: I forgot to mention, he was above 2k AP actually, so not a new player.

(edited by Dalanor.5387)

Posted by: noobgood.8762

noobgood.8762

Selling Arah P3, 4 buyers standing there waiting for me to solo Wraithlord.

Posted by: Cotser.7015

Cotser.7015

Well maybe if you stop selling because selling is exploit and arah is exploit and you are exploit.

King of the Nightstand dynasty
I like dungeons and Ikea.
aka Cotscene.

Posted by: xallever.1874

xallever.1874

Told a PUG to spread out and stop running around like a headless chicken in Mai Trin.

One Guardian didn’t listen, caused everybody else to die, slowly resurrected everybody downed and claimed that he was carrying everyone.

Not that we’ve ever complained that he was an AH build.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Lol Lillith, the “clear drege despite infinite respawn” made me laugh and cry at the same time.
P.S: Bowbears at high level fractals? 0.0 that is something new

No. It’s really not.

Bearbows are everywhere. It’s horrible.

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

Purple Miku.7032

Erm… I don’t see the problem here?

Posted by: Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Cries Of Sorrow.5864

I never expect my customers to help me with the last boss, it comes with the premium of the service i’m offering “a full run” basically, i don’t see the problem either. Although due to the influx of exploitards i forgive the fact people forgot what morals and standards are.

Main Elementalist:Train Of Thought
Alt Warrior: Burning Paris
Best Ele build EU.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

While I’m not a fan of selling runs, I have to agree with the above. If I did buy a run, I expect to sit back and do nothing. “That’s what I paid you for!”

Posted by: layzoe.6035

layzoe.6035

Told a PUG to spread out and stop running around like a headless chicken in Mai Trin.

One Guardian didn’t listen, caused everybody else to die, slowly resurrected everybody downed and claimed that he was carrying everyone.

Not that we’ve ever complained that he was an AH build.

This happens in every Mai Trin run. Usually one or two people running around the entire room.

More drunk dungeoneering for me. I had to PM Iris to help me with SE 1 run, it had been quite some time since I ran it and the person who started the instance did not know to wp when she fell into the lava. We wiped at the alphas and barely made it the 3rd time. We four manned Tarza because the instance owner went offline. Comcast guy came right on cue. We got her after few wipes which is sad because I don’t remember wiping on her ever before. I think she was glitched. Would not come out to the other side. I rarely do this dungeon so was running around clueless. I did admit to being drunk and one person goes, “Are you serious!??!?” Oops should have kept that tidbit to myself.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

While I’m not a fan of selling runs, I have to agree with the above. If I did buy a run, I expect to sit back and do nothing. “That’s what I paid you for!”

^^^^
Quite right. This is the main reason I don’t buy p2 anymore. They want me to kill Brie. That’s not why I pay them. I expect to be able to level my alts when I buy a run.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

When I sell AC, I generally offer people the possibility to wp and come kill the boss to get a “free” chest.

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch

Lilith Ajit.6173

When I sell AC, I generally offer people the possibility to wp and come kill the boss to get a “free” chest.

And that’s fair, I might do that on my level 30 alt.

Anyway, I don’t buy dungeons to do things other than level, so if a person needs me to be on a level appropriate char it probably isn’t worth buying for me.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

The reason people ask their buyers to help on p3 is because the boss isnt exactly nice to solo and theres no safespot to hold it at 1%. So the buyers will end up waiting a while if they do expect the seller to solo it. Besides they get a free chest and champ loot if they help.

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

I did admit to being drunk and one person goes, “Are you serious!??!?” Oops should have kept that tidbit to myself.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa.

whoa.

wait.

People play this game sober?

Lilith Ajit.6173

I did admit to being drunk and one person goes, “Are you serious!??!?” Oops should have kept that tidbit to myself.

whoa.

wait.

I do…. But I wish I didn’t.

[ARES]

layzoe.6035

whoa.

wait.

apparently so… and the times I would die is when I tried to rezz the dead people. So I said kitten this, I am not rezzing anyone. The other zerker dungeon master dude yelled and asked why everyone was dying.. he’s like, “I never died” I replied, “What I rezzed you while you were down. Don’t lie.” lolololol it was a hot mess but we did finally get it. Oh and they tried to kick the instance owner.. I was like “Nuuuuu.. she’s the instance owner!”

Lilith Ajit.6173

whoa.

wait.

apparently so… and the times I would die is when I tried to rezz the dead people. So I said kitten this, I am not rezzing anyone. The other zerker dungeon master dude yelled and asked why everyone was dying.. he’s like, “I never died” I replied, “What I rezzed you while you were down. Don’t lie.” lolololol it was a hot mess but we did finally get it. Oh and they tried to kick the instance owner.. I was like “Nuuuuu.. she’s the instance owner!”

Perma prot when instance owner.

I wish.

[ARES]

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

lmao. If there’s one thing I hate about rezzing, it’s dodging out of it. I have yet to figure out how to reliably break the rez and GTFO when Bad Things are coming my way.

“Oh, Lupi kitten slapped you across the room, I’ll get you back up!”

“Upps, here come the AoEs. No prob, I got full endurance, I’ll just dodge before it hits.”

“kitten.”

“Mind if I join you on the floor here?”

layzoe.6035

whoa.

wait.

I wish.

Well this one.. right at Tarza goes.. “Oh the comcast guy is here to fix my bad connection.. toodles” and she was offline the whole fight! This is the same one who somehow fell off of the bridge into the lava and just laid there until I had to tell her to wp again. Oi.

Lilith Ajit.6173

whoa.

wait.

I wish.

Well this one.. right at Tarza goes.. “Oh the comcast guy is here to fix my bad connection.. toodles” and she was offline the whole fight! This is the same one who somehow fell off of the bridge into the lava and just laid there until I had to tell her to wp again. Oi.

Ouch.

At least in fractals, if you finish the fractal you’re in in 15 minutes or less and go to the next, instance ownership transfers and you can kick the person who is offline without consequences. Or at least, that’s the running theory.

[ARES]

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

lmao. If there’s one thing I hate about rezzing, it’s dodging out of it. I have yet to figure out how to reliably break the rez and GTFO when Bad Things are coming my way.

“Oh, Lupi kitten slapped you across the room, I’ll get you back up!”

“Upps, here come the AoEs. No prob, I got full endurance, I’ll just dodge before it hits.”

“kitten.”

“Mind if I join you on the floor here?”

I had something like this during my last fractal run. I was reviving a dead comrade, when mossman decided to come by for a quick double axe swing. I barely managed to abort and dodge, but our guardian who had joined me half a second earlier to help with the revive took the hit.
After he was back on his feet he graciously decided to leave the reviving to the little thief and keep moosi off my back instead.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

Purple Miku.7032

I never expect my customers to help me with the last boss, it comes with the premium of the service i’m offering “a full run” basically, i don’t see the problem either. Although due to the influx of exploitards i forgive the fact people forgot what morals and standards are.

Exactly.

To me it’s personally a little embarrassing to think about demanding payment from people for a service that I’m providing for them yet requesting them to help me provide it to them. Seeing as I’m “doing” or “did” the path for them, that’s how I perceive this— a service.

Purple Miku.7032

I love getting mossman in swamp not only because he’s more interesting of a fight than bloomhunger but you get to tell immediately who’s an idiot and who isn’t.

I had to ragequit earlier today because I was on a team with two mesmers and a guardian yet 0 reflects whatsoever; I even made an elitist LFG post that specifically said “49 swamp ready no dolyak rifle warrs, staff guards, or gs mesmers” and those are exactly what I ended up with.

So… playing on classes that are specifically desired in FotM for reflects/blocks/blinds/time warp/pulling mobs closer for cleaves… yet running around in circles hitting pretty much no damage at all and letting axes bounce all over the kitten place like a pinball machine instead.

MRW: http://i.imgur.com/8zWR5et.gif

On top of that, the last person on the team was a ranger and had a bear pet named “Ronald.” Of all the things mentioned, I think the last part p*ssed me off the most tbh. It’s as if she knew that she’d be getting under my skin with that bear but she had to go and take it an extra step further and give it a random-kitten name like “Ronald.”

W-T-F.

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

Dalanor.5387

Last night, “experienced lvl80 only”, TA aether path.
2 bearbow (one of them axe condi actually), warrior (later quited, got a decent guard), a mesmer and myself with ele.
It was painful to get to the endboss, but after 1 hour non-stop wipe i had to quit. They were unable to pull the holo to the boss and even if they managed to do it, this lovely ranger knockbacked it, because longbowizdabestdeepz. Oh and the final moments:
- Stop range it!
- But it throws cogs everywhere.
- Yeah, because you range it. Even the NPC says it.
- I’m a ranger, you know, range-er and i did it a lot of time. I have dungeon master.

Right click, no Kick from party option. :OOOOOOOOO
Whispering in panic to others to kick him. No reaction.
Oh well …
No. More. Rangers. Ever.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

:(

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

Seriously someone tought it was possible to clean the dredge

Well could be worse like when i was in dredge interuptor rooms and the people couldnt stay put on switch worse yet the guardian went upstair to activate switch and died before he could even step on it -.- glass cannon much. Either way we kicked the guardian picked up a thief lost our mesmer picked up a ranger and finished the dungeon without trouble because people knew what they where darn doing (fractal lv 32)

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

Posted by: Axelifus.3269

Axelifus.3269

After a 2h run for a lvl 19 fractal i got this letter. http://puu.sh/7Lst2/06a1cf4c97.jpg

The mix of flattery and irony really made me laugh.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

I had something like this during my last fractal run. I was reviving a dead comrade, when mossman decided to come by for a quick double axe swing. I barely managed to abort and dodge, but our guardian who had joined me half a second earlier to help with the revive took the hit.
After he was back on his feet he graciously decided to leave the reviving to the little thief and keep moosi off my back instead.

That is so sad since Guardian with thief and ele are the best to rez people in the game. I cry a little each time i see a guardian that don’t seem to see all the block he have lol.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: IrisTheCasual.3742

IrisTheCasual.3742

Party wipe at 1% HP

Attachments:

kyubi.3620

i dont get how people constantly get blown up by her… just dodge away from her when she set that bomb and move back in once it has exploded and dont bother calculating the red circle true range just move realy far from it, a little dps loss isnt as bad as getting downed

Posted by: Kaiser.8504

Kaiser.8504

i dont get how people constantly get blown up by her… just dodge away from her when she set that bomb and move back in once it has exploded and dont bother calculating the red circle true range just move realy far from it, a little dps loss isnt as bad as getting downed

Except that if she manages to pull anyone, she instantly blows up a bomb when they reach her, and then sets ANOTHER bomb which explodes shortly after. Might as well just dodge the pull in the first place.

Secretly an elitist jaguar
[Noob] Info Desk | [LOD]

kyubi.3620

from as far as i recall people died from the daggerstorm lightning not the blow up.

Kaiser.8504

Her Dagger Storm is completely unrelated to her bomb, and I’m pretty sure Alphard blows up two bombs.

[Noob] Info Desk | [LOD]

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

I suspect Kyubi hasnt done alphard recently.

ps. Shes changed.

kyubi.3620

Of course its unrelelated but as far as i know when i was still running arah actively my party wasnt dying to bomb but because it was failing to hide in time from DS heck is i dont run arah as often nowaday and now im prety much doing fractals AC and COF most of the time unless i need a dungeon armor. Unless they recently buffed alphard i recall only way she could kill player was either trought DS or for bad player standing to long near her after the grab.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Her Dagger Storm is completely unrelated to her bomb, and I’m pretty sure Alphard blows up two bombs.

Two? Way more than two at times. I happened to get blown up multiple times and thrown around the arena. I think I lost count after 3 or so, and the bomb kept exploding over and over after it killed me. Also, sometimes I get knocked back and sometimes towards her. It’s just… whatever. Just dodge the pull and hope everyone else in your team does the same.

kyubi.3620

well good to know they finaly making some wimpy boss better now bads have twice as more reason to go practice at kholer cept they all scared and skip him everytime when at release i was doing kholer about every 2 runs :/

Kaiser.8504

Two? Way more than two at times. I happened to get blown up multiple times and thrown around the arena. I think I lost count after 3 or so, and the bomb kept exploding over and over after it killed me. Also, sometimes I get knocked back and sometimes towards her. It’s just… whatever. Just dodge the pull and hope everyone else in your team does the same.

Maybe she explodes a bomb per player pulled? Worth checking.

[Noob] Info Desk | [LOD]

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

even pre-change people rarely died from daggerstorm because just meleeing her and pushing her would interrupt the animation.

and her pull is very different from kholer’s – kholer has a long windup, a glow effect (i.e. sign that you should dodge that kitten), and is much larger than alphard (though the glowy ghost effect doesn’t help visibility).

alphard’s pull is very nearly instant-cast, and she also has a small character model. fighting kholer and dodging the pulls (very easy btw) won’t help you at alphard.

Posted by: Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Cries Of Sorrow.5864

a bomb for every player that misses the dodge. they go of 3 seconds of each other in a row.

Main Elementalist:Train Of Thought
Alt Warrior: Burning Paris
Best Ele build EU.

kyubi.3620

Well still an interesting challange worth me wasting my time doing arah for nothing so that i can see the boss update i always enjoy something new.

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

So I was browsing LFG and saw a lvl 38 fractal group on the second fractal and say what the hell, I’ll join. Right when I hit join they are complaining about elitists and hwo the previous warrior left the group, and how they constantly get “yelled” at for being scepter guardians with 21K HP. I decided to have some fun and switch up my normal build for a PVT double rifle warrior with rampage and fear me.

We finally get to the boss and the mesmer wants to melee “burst” down Ashym with TW. I find this a perfect opportunity to play how I want and use fear me. The group flips out on the necro and is kicked right when the boss dies. Lawl

Attachments:

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Dalanor.5387

So I was browsing LFG and saw a lvl 38 fractal group on the second fractal and say what the hell, I’ll join. Right when I hit join they are complaining about elitists and hwo the previous warrior left the group, and how they constantly get “yelled” at for being scepter guardians with 21K HP. I decided to have some fun and switch up my normal build for a PVT double rifle warrior with rampage and fear me.

We finally get to the boss and the mesmer wants to melee “burst” down Ashym with TW. I find this a perfect opportunity to play how I want and use fear me. The group flips out on the necro and is kicked right when the boss dies. Lawl

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/012/367/evilest.gif

Lilith Ajit.6173

Cruel, unusual, and fabulous.

My favorite post of the day!

(Apart from the john smith quote a little bit ago where someone was like “I don’t die a lot” and he goes “you’ve died 800 times” lel.)

[ARES]

IrisTheCasual.3742

Cruel, unusual, and fabulous.

My favorite post of the day!

(Apart from the john smith quote a little bit ago where someone was like “I don’t die a lot” and he goes “you’ve died 800 times” lel.)

Ahahhahahahaha…. Almost made me spit out my pasta through the nose.

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

Mossman with two Guildies and PuGs. Screens speak for themselves.

Ele (Cyan chat) joins with Water Sig, Air Sig, and Earth Shield. Figured he was not very familiar with fractals from his first comment. Is intent on ‘tanking’ Mossman. We decide to give him a shot for kicks. His ‘tanking’ amounts to taking huge damage, running away and coming back until the rest of the team has killed him. Let him stay on for his chest

Attachments:

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Posted by: noobgood.8762

noobgood.8762

Mossman with two Guildies and PuGs. Screens speak for themselves.

Ele (Cyan chat) joins with Water Sig, Air Sig, and Earth Shield. Figured he was not very familiar with fractals from his first comment. Is intent on ‘tanking’ Mossman. We decide to give him a shot for kicks. His ‘tanking’ amounts to taking huge damage, running away and coming back until the rest of the team has killed him. Let him stay on for his chest

Ahahaha, that earth shield ele XD

IrisTheCasual.3742

Earth shield is OP, when used right. Just sayin’.

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

I had a weird series of pug runs last night, culminating in CM 3 where the Mesmer refused to equip feedback against Wallen. The reasoning was that it wouldn’t work because those red circles meant he was doing aoe attacks, not projectile attacks.

Purple Miku.7032

I had a weird series of pug runs last night, culminating in CM 3 where the Mesmer refused to equip feedback against Wallen. The reasoning was that it wouldn’t work because those red circles meant he was doing aoe attacks, not projectile attacks.

http://i.imgur.com/eaSTfnk.jpg