Shoutout to my boys at Arenanet!

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: IXIDOR.6278

IXIDOR.6278

Congratulations on the smooth launch of the expansion!
This might be (as it was stated on many sites and posts) one of the best launches in MMO history. And HoT itself seems nice too.
But I am deeply disappointed with other parts of the game that were loved by many.

First, and most frustrating:
Dungeons.
Why? Just why did you remove (meaning making it so unrewarding that no one really
bothers anymore) one of the core parts of this game [pve] (which had sooo many bugs for the last 3 years..), instead of putting more work into actually introducing them as they are intended?
I am not working at a game developing company, but in my opinion people that do mistakes should be able AND obliged to fix them. Even more obliged to if they got/get paid for the work they did/do… Am I just naive on this one?
And I think you should find a median between the old reward and the ‘reward’ (if you really want to call it reward) that we get now (please consider it).

Second point, maybe as frustrating as the first one:
Fractals.
Again I can just wonder why?!
You made the “more challanging” part of the game easy but boring. And it is now more unrewarding than it ever was. Please don’t get me wrong. I don’t think nor did I ever think that 1.40g for a frac50 run plus a very low chance on asc or fractal stuff was very rewarding in the first place…
But the new loot system is just.. well go read the forum posts about it.
And those instabilities. Are you for real?
Dodge and loose boons. Are you really thinking this will screw zerker builds more than any other build? Are you thinking this is actually balancing anything or challenging players in a good way (so far it’s just tanky stuff but not hard..)? Why are there so few instabilities? You are some of the most creative game developers – I expected more tbh..

Third point:
Economy.
Please help me understand how we are supposed to get gold, because at the moment I really don’t have a clue.
I used to run dungeons (50-80g / day). I did SW occasionally but I don’t really like it. I did fractals (just a daily 50 mostly, because the lower ones were even more unrewarding). As far as I know raid reward will be obtainable once per week? (Didn’t really read much about raids yet so correct me if I’m wrong) That means if we
assume the raid reward would be roughly 100g (which it will certainly not be, right?) I would still get sooo much less gold than before HoT. And on the other hand you introduce a new shoulderpiece which would cost ~2-3k gold to craft (I liked the Idea of letting the community find out how the recipe was though, shoutout to the reddit-post people!). And even if the new GW2 has super expensive Items and no easy way to grind your gold (and still have fun) I would like you to AT LEAST fix the stuff in dungeons anyways. Even if there is no reward like before you owe those dungeons some fixes in my opinion (just read the dungeon bug forum..).

And please don’t get me wrong, I don’t want to insult you or anything, I am just deeply disappointed sometimes and I am sure you can do better than that (Like when you brought us new content every 2 weeks during living world season 1 – oh boy, that was a good time!). And inspite of my critic-points: I like what I’ve seen of HoT so far, but pleeeease also do stuff for the core Game and fix general issues. Don’t let your players down guys. Thanks for reading.

Some other points I want to mention, that really grind my gears, but my post is pretty long already:

Fractal collection bugged.
No lv50+ daily today.
Server Issues these days.
Condition Builds in PvP.
UI windows that can’t be resized.
Fractal Achievement Crates tradeable (I mean srsly?!).
Communication with players (bugs/fixes/updates).
Find a better way to determine if a player is just clearing out his bank or botting.
(OMG HE JUST LISTED MORE THAN 10 ITEMS IN 3 MINUTES HE MUST BE A BOT NO ONE CAN SELL STUFF THAT FAAST!!11!1eleven)
Feel free to add some in the posts below.

Autistic Roleplayers [rP] – www.tinyurl.com/VanHammesYT

(edited by IXIDOR.6278)

Posted by: doddbox.8153

doddbox.8153

The open world hero challenges are more difficult than fractals, and probably more rewarding (ayy lmao)

very special guild tag [tX]

Posted by: kimboo.2518

kimboo.2518

Just my 2 cents for Anet If it aint Broken DON’T Touch it, and fix the ones that actually need Fixing

Posted by: Minx.7521

Minx.7521

They touched it. Now rewards are broken. Send help!!!

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Since rewards were nerfed, there will be less revenue into the TP which could bring some of the prices down. Besides, there are plenty of other things to do instead of mindlessly farming & exploiting a dungeon which has potential to be more difficult.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

Since rewards were nerfed, there will be less revenue into the TP which could bring some of the prices down. Besides, there are plenty of other things to do instead of mindlessly farming & exploiting a dungeon which has potential to be more difficult.

You are absolutely correct. Like mindlessly farming events and mats. Exploiting fractals instead of dungeons is also sooooo much better.

As to your hope that less rewards means cheaper items on tp, I rather pity you for that naivity.
Those players that have gold above threshold will be able to control tp prices even more than before, those below threshold will slowly be drained dry. The only thing radically reducing gold rewards did, is change that threshold and make it even more difficult for players to make the jump into that “upper” region.

MMO economics is like real economics on crack, everything happens in fast motion, changes have bigger impact, people take more risks and a lot is controlled by emotions instead of rational.

IXIDOR.6278

If you really think speedrunning dungeons in an organized group and trying to run the best time possible is a mindless process (or would involve the use of bugs/exploits) you are a little oblivious in my eyes.. From your comment I automatically assume you have to OS Lupi to proceed in arah..

Also one of my core arguments is that bugs and exploitable stuff should be fixed in the first place.. maybe try to fully read a text before you comment on it (I know it was a little too long to read it mindlessly )

(edited by IXIDOR.6278)

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

I hate the this new buzzword ‘shoutout’.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Minx.7521

Minx.7521

Shoutout to lvl 64, for giving me new hate towards thieves who can’t survive 2 minutes with boss.

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

write a book of complaints, toss in a line of “yall rock gg for smooth launch”, call it a shoutout???

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

IXIDOR.6278

insanemaniac, I hope you are fimiliar with the concept of sarcasm?
But for real imo it is one thing to release a nice expansion but the bugs and problems of the (not only core-) game somehow pull the whole game experience down..

Posted by: Roul.3205

Roul.3205

well mate atleast its kinda worth doing dungeons for dungeon recipes and this rares that drop in arah (idk how it is in other dungeons) which you can list for ~9g.

(also, “condition builds in pvp” haha PVP IS BALANCED)

IXIDOR.6278

Sure, if by balanced you mean you can rarely play power builds anymore, because (e.g. for thief) they just doen’t perform as good as they used to.
Funny Vid on that topic, a bit outdated, but still comedy gold:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usdgfOk0RWw

And listing something does not mean it gets bought at that price and it won’t be bought fast, that’s for sure. If you refer to the P4 recipe (Bloodstone) just look it up on gw2spidy and see for yourself how everyone is undercutting each other – it was on 11g listing 2 days ago.

Posted by: Roul.3205

Roul.3205

thats why i hate pvp :<

And listing goes rly fast sometimes! + Arah is fun anyway <.< Don’t destroy my illusions plox, game is kittened up already anyway

(edited by Roul.3205)

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

Funny thing. People complain about not having enough ways to make gold, yet i get more gold then before just by playing a few fractals a day and HoT maps.