Shukov's Launch Codes (Path2 SE bugged?)

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Azriel.9237

Azriel.9237

Just curious about Shukov’s Launch Codes Recipe, does it even exist in GW2 yet?

I checked TP but it isint even listed, and as how other recipes drop, its either replacing “wonderous bag of loot” or chest, but there is no “wonderous bag of loot” nor chest to loot at the end of path2 SE

hope there is an official reply to shed a little light of assurance, the path alone is tedious to do, if some of us have been hunting something that doenst even exist yet….. D’:

Posted by: morrigana sedai.2091

morrigana sedai.2091

you might try the wiki, you find it in the menu on the top of this site, above the GW2 logo.

Posted by: PowerCat.5738

PowerCat.5738

Hello Azriel. I too have been looking for this recipe, here is the data I gathered, my educated guesses and theories.

We know that dungeon recipes replace the “bag of wondrous goods”

In SE path 2, there are 3 bags of wondrous goods

1. the first “general” mob, right before you kill the 4 bosses
2. the taskmaster
3. the chest that appears after the tank breaks the door.

The last boss of SE path 2 is called Shukov, so we can safely assume that this recipe is available on that path.

I highly suspect that recipe to drop from the chest that appears after you break the door with the tank, as this chest appears way out of the way, and I’m willing to bet most people don’t even know it appears.

That could be the reason it hasn’t been found, because most people don’t loot that chest.

So compound all these factors: SE is not popular, SE path 2 is very not popular, and that chest is most often times forgotten altogether.

I’m pretty kitten sure it drops from that chest. Also remember magic find doesn’t affect chest loot.

Azriel.9237

Hello Azriel. I too have been looking for this recipe, here is the data I gathered, my educated guesses and theories.

We know that dungeon recipes replace the “bag of wondrous goods”

In SE path 2, there are 3 bags of wondrous goods

1. the first “general” mob, right before you kill the 4 bosses
2. the taskmaster
3. the chest that appears after the tank breaks the door.

The last boss of SE path 2 is called Shukov, so we can safely assume that this recipe is available on that path.

I highly suspect that recipe to drop from the chest that appears after you break the door with the tank, as this chest appears way out of the way, and I’m willing to bet most people don’t even know it appears.

That could be the reason it hasn’t been found, because most people don’t loot that chest.

So compound all these factors: SE is not popular, SE path 2 is very not popular, and that chest is most often times forgotten altogether.

I’m pretty kitten sure it drops from that chest. Also remember magic find doesn’t affect chest loot.

thx for the reply and resource sharing, part of my guesses were the same too, some players even suggested that it might drop from Mark1 & 2.

But nonetheless i hope someone from Anet’s side could give us at least a hint that it drops or exist at the very least Dx

thx guys <3

PowerCat.5738

Mark 1 and Mark 2 don’t drop bags of wondrous goods. As suggested above, the recipe replaces the bag of wondrous goods. Just as you get these “unique dungeon items” instead of the bag sometimes. Again, I’m 99.999% sure it drops from the chest after you break the door. It’s a skipped chest in an unpopular path of an unpopular dungeon.

Looks like 90% chance of bag, 9% chance of “green” quality dungeon unique, 0.99999% chance of the “rare” quality dungeon unique, and 0.00001% chance at the recipe!

Posted by: Renegade.6325

Renegade.6325

Ive done about 300 paths of dungeons since nov 15 and ive yet to get a recipe. Thats nearly 1000 opportunities and no success.

Posted by: Targuil.3741

Targuil.3741

Educated guess: It simply drops from Shukov. Too bad he is friendly so it doesn’t drop anything for us.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
I think I should remove this quote given the recent developement.

PowerCat.5738

That’s not an educated guess, that’s just a guess with no data to back it up.

I’ve never seen a dungeon drop more than 3 bags of wondrous goods, and I have listed all 3 bags from SE path 2.

The last bag is in the room with tank.

Shukov doesn’t drop loot, as he’s friendly. the golems don’t drop wondrous goods, no chance of them dropping it.

Last night I full cleared SE path 2 with some friends and explored every crevace of the level. I did find some monster spawn I hadn’t seen, but they didn’t drop loot.

I’m still 99.999% sure it drops from the lone chest after the tank destroys the door.

Azriel.9237

That’s not an educated guess, that’s just a guess with no data to back it up.

I’ve never seen a dungeon drop more than 3 bags of wondrous goods, and I have listed all 3 bags from SE path 2.

The last bag is in the room with tank.

Shukov doesn’t drop loot, as he’s friendly. the golems don’t drop wondrous goods, no chance of them dropping it.

Last night I full cleared SE path 2 with some friends and explored every crevace of the level. I did find some monster spawn I hadn’t seen, but they didn’t drop loot.

I’m still 99.999% sure it drops from the lone chest after the tank destroys the door.

it feels like SE path 2 is missing a 3rd wondrous goods thou, is there other dungeons that drops 2 wondrous bags only?

PowerCat.5738

My first message in this thread listed all three bags of wondrous goods obtainable from SE path 2.

This is exactly the reason why the recipe hasn’t been found – everyone skips the last chest.

Bag of Wondrous Goods in SE path 2:

1. Foreman Kreutzerova, located just before the room with the 4 boss foremen, after you get passed the first door.

2. The Taskmaster (big golem with rock shield)

3. The chest which appears after you destroy the door with the tank, at the place where you have to gather the sparkly rocks. This is the one that most people never get, cause it’s way back at the start of that room, near the stairs doing down to the room.

Azriel.9237

My first message in this thread listed all three bags of wondrous goods obtainable from SE path 2.

This is exactly the reason why the recipe hasn’t been found – everyone skips the last chest.

Bag of Wondrous Goods in SE path 2:

1. Foreman Kreutzerova, located just before the room with the 4 boss foremen, after you get passed the first door.

2. The Taskmaster (big golem with rock shield)

3. The chest which appears after you destroy the door with the tank, at the place where you have to gather the sparkly rocks. This is the one that most people never get, cause it’s way back at the start of that room, near the stairs doing down to the room.

hmm odd, i just did path2 few hrs ago and only got 2 bags, ill double check again once i find a party willing to do it, dont recall getting one from the chest after the tank

Azriel.9237

just did path2 again

only got 2 bags, 1st frm Foreman Korov, 2nd one frm Taskmaster

the 3rd one doesnt drop frm chest, nor anywhere at all…so its pretty much proof that this dungeon is bugged? lacking one more wondrous goods as according to the staff here? https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Changes-to-Dungeon-loot

Attachments:

(edited by Azriel.9237)

PowerCat.5738

You got the tonic instead of the bag. sorry

Azriel.9237

wait what? its “random”?

PowerCat.5738

wait what? its “random”?

Well yeah, sometimes you’ll get the dungeon-themed item, most of the times the bag, and extremely rarely the recipe.

I’ll do it again tonight, will post updates.

Actually I’m not 100% sure the tonic replaces the wondrous goods. But remember those tonics you get in AC? they’d be the same. do those replace the wondrous goods?

Azriel.9237

no official response yet on the missing 3rd wondrous bag?

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Given how rare these recipe drops are and how rarely SE gets run, I think it’s entirely possible that it just hasn’t dropped for anybody yet.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

Posted by: Nereger.4560

Nereger.4560

Are you 100% sure the third bag comes from the chest?

So far I gathered lot of data on these drops “introduced” with Lost Shore patch and it seems that the bag gets replaced by named trinkets of masterwork/rare quality and on specific bosses by an exotic drop (recipe or backslot item).
That would explain early complaints about not getting 3 bags, since no1 used to notice named low quality non lvl 80 trinkets.

AFAIK tonics come from chests and in this particular case it might be possible that they replace the bag. All the considerations in the above posts would explain why this is the last one to have yet to appear on the TP (Arah 1 and Arah 4 showed up recently)

I have a thread where I’m trying to gather all the data (I’ve pinpointed almost ALL drop locations)

The fact that some of them have yet to show up for the ENTIRE population of GW2 might be a hint of something not working properly, again my main concern being that some of these have stats that are otherwise unobtainable-in-a-finite-amount of time.

(edited by Nereger.4560)

Azriel.9237

Are you 100% sure the third bag comes from the chest?

So far I gathered lot of data on these drops “introduced” with Lost Shore patch and it seems that the bag gets replaced by named trinkets of masterwork/rare quality and on specific bosses by an exotic drop (recipe or backslot item).
That would explain early complaints about not getting 3 bags, since no1 used to notice named low quality non lvl 80 trinkets.

AFAIK tonics come from chests and in this particular case it might be possible that they replace the bag. All the considerations in the above posts would explain why this is the last one to have yet to appear on the TP (Arah 1 and Arah 4 showed up recently)

I have a thread where I’m trying to gather all the data (I’ve pinpointed almost ALL drop locations)

The fact that some of them have yet to show up for the ENTIRE population of GW2 might be a hint of something not working properly, again my main concern being that some of these have stats that are otherwise unobtainable-in-a-finite-amount of time.

i doubt so, i have been killing all the champs available in that path, no named trinkets whatsoever seems to drop from it, hence my doubt on where the 3rd bag actually is? given the history of SE path2 been bugged and overbuffed(which havent been fixed, mark2’s static field is still insanely OP lol, they said they were gonna fix it ages ago, but still not fixed i think)

So i was at least expecting an official reply on at least facts about path2, like is it normal that path2 only drops 2 bags?

Attachments:

Posted by: Nereger.4560

Nereger.4560

Ridiculous droprate, rarity and lack of common knowledge might have made so that even developers forgot about these.

PowerCat.5738

Just getting back into the game, and I still don’t see this item out there.

I think this recipe is bugged and not appearing in the game, any idea?

Posted by: Minigrump.4961

Minigrump.4961

n-n-n-n-n-n-necro post!

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

Necro’ed post goodness,

none the less, welcome back Cat.

launch codes recipe is for Soldier stats. easier way to get the trinket would be to go do Grenth in Orr. and Jones sells the soldier accessories.

if you are looking to farm the recipe so you can make a thing to sell. well that’s a different story all together. SE is run frequently, but only path 1 and 3…. 2 nasomuch. however it does happen. I would keep trying or start up your own groups in the LFG tool. plenty of people want it for dungeon master title. so you may not have that much trouble running it multiple times.

on a personal note, I have found that finding the dungeon recipes for stuff tend to yield better results when you run the path the second time in the same day. don’t know why it work like that but it has gotten me a couple of the recipes because I went back to help friends etc.

Posted by: Syn Sity.5826

Syn Sity.5826

Not sure if anyone said this, but recipes don’t drop instead of bags. Every recipe I’ve gotten (6 cof1 recipes and 1 hotw1 recipe) has dropped with either a bag of wondrous goods or a trinket that replaces it. I can find the screens if necessary.

[DnT]

Posted by: rojak.1894

rojak.1894

Does it only drop in p2? I want dem lunch codes but can never do p2 enough and recipe drop rates are abysmal. My favourite dredge item besides Revolutionary Flyers, it’s kinda of a fun collectible reward.

PowerCat.5738

Yes it’s true that Jonez now sells soldier trinkets for karma, however that doesn’t make Shukov’s Launch Codes any less valuable.

In all of the months people have been doing SE p2, this recipe is still missing.

As my earlier analysis explains; Shukov is SE P2’s boss. However, you never fight him – you fight the golems.

I strongly believe they messed up the loot table and gave it to shukov, which drops nothing.

As explained above, the last bag of woundrous goods is from the chest where you return the stones.