Sick of people switching out at the end

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: SundayTrash.9562

SundayTrash.9562

why even bother making the character if ur only gonna level it through dungeon exploit at the end.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

“Play how I want”

Posted by: dutchiez.7502

dutchiez.7502

dungeon exploit at the end.

Finishing a dungeon is now an exploit.

Nova [rT]

Posted by: zencow.3651

zencow.3651

The word ‘exploit’ gets thrown around so often these days.

Quasi-elitist dungeoneer and missing Gw1 GvGs greatly.
“GW2’s PvE is almost as bad as the PvP.”

Posted by: Kimyrielle.3826

Kimyrielle.3826

I guess the word “exploit” got a new meaning for describing other people’s playstyle in a MMO. Can’t have people doing things differently than we would do them, after all.

Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Starscream.6498

Starscream.6498

why even bother making the character if ur only gonna level it through dungeon exploit at the end.

Because you’ve already leveled other characters through the normal way and it started to get a little tedious, especially considering certain level ranges have very few zones available?

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

As you don’t like it, if they ask, tell them no. If they do it anyway, kick them while logging.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Posted by: Turmoil.7380

Turmoil.7380

The word ‘exploit’ gets thrown around so often these days.

Attachments:

|Proud citizen of the Toast|

Posted by: Noah.4756

Noah.4756

I think there is something fundamentally wrong with leveling if players feel the need to use their main characters to level their alts.

Personally, I think you could compare switching at the end of the dungeon like having your twin brother make your exam. Nobody would find out because of a gap in the system to exploit it. But everyone knows the brother who reaps the rewards did not make the effort and therefore should not be getting the reward.

Of course in this game’s case it’s the same person playing both characters so there’s an ethical discussion possible between people who believe the player made the effort and people who think the character made the effort.

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

As long as they make sure to ask/let the party know ahead of time, it doesn’t bother me.

If you don’t want them doing that, just say no when they ask if it’s okay, or just put “no char swap” in the party description.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Map completion to level gets boring on the 2nd playthrough of a single zone. Many of us want all classes at 80 for end game content. We dont want to spend our time lvling in a slow and boring way so we swap alts at the end. I only do it with friends. And if I was to do it in a pug I would ask at the start of the run. Its just common courtesy. But forcing us to bore ourselves to death just to level is ridiculous.

Posted by: Husky.6018

Husky.6018

If they do it at the right time and have asked at the start if they can, then I don’t care. If they do it when half the party is down then yes, I resent them. Its a matter of timing.

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

OP mind your own business. The 0.7 levels worth of exp are useless to a level 80 char unless they’re turned into gold, best solution is to give it to an alt that needs to be leveled. We’re doing what makes the most sense given the circumstances, if you like making inferior decisions be my guest.

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

Posted by: Oxxy.7068

Oxxy.7068

level it through dungeon exploit at the end.

dungeon exploit

exploit

Attachments:

Luminifera ~ Guardian – Trisha Blackhands ~ Thief – Hua Yue ~ Elementalist.

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

In a game where leveling is so mind numbingly boring it increases the risk for brain cancer by 80%, I don’t see why this is a bad thing.

Also, let people do what they want. Mind your own business, and don’t impede on other people’s freedom to play the game how they want, just because you’re having a sandy cooty.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

The bad thing about switching characters is that you’re wasting four other people’s time to save yourself time (or effort). Ask them first. If they don’t like it then don’t do it.

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

The bad thing about switching characters is that you’re wasting four other people’s time to save yourself time (or effort). Ask them first. If they don’t like it then don’t do it.

Depends how you do it.

If you help kill the final boss, have someone hold cutscene and quickly swap characters, I don’t see how you’re wasting 4 people’s time. I mean, I’m sure they can wait the 10 seconds for their reward to pop up.

If you swap when the boss is at lower hp, I also think it’s fine.

If you swap before final boss without asking first, that’s pretty lame though.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

Posted by: Celly.5912

Celly.5912

Levelling is the most boring thing in this game and I need my characters to be lvl 80 for WvW. Might as well level by doing something that at least yields some gold.

[PunK]
Far Shiverpeaks
twitch.tv/awsmcelly

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

AC (not p2) and CoE have adequately long cutscenes in which you can receive the gold reward chest on your main, and swap to your lowbie in time to receive the +75% lvl exp chest. Provided someone is holding the cutscene, so either a friend or a nice enough PuG. The time ‘lost’ is approximately 10 seconds, granted they would have to watch the whole thing if you weren’t able to let them know when you’re loaded in via TS/Mumble/whatever, so however long those cutscenes go for.
Now people bringing their lowbie to the final boss or expecting you to 4 man (or 3 man cough cough lame kitten guildies) is a big no no and I’ve kicked people right before the final boss for it.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Of all the things wrong with this game, you’re sick of this? That truly surprises me, because often I don’t even realize when a group member switches until after the cutscene and I’m like ‘Wait, did we have a thief this whole time? Ohhh….’. Lol.

As others have said before, the time difference is usually negligible and most players only do it in the easier dungeon paths. Even when it does cause a substantial DPS loss I don’t mind terribly, its worth helping a fellow player out now and again.

Posted by: Wishmaster.7693

Wishmaster.7693

First world problems.

Posted by: Upham.6137

Upham.6137

I’m tired of people not saying anything and then switching to a lowbie when the boss is not even 50% hp.
It’s like they are so afraid that people won’t hold the cutscene that they end up leeching the group.
If you are so afraid that PuGs won’t help you out, then go get a freaking guild.

Bläck Dähliä

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

do you keep a tally of which character earned which tokens, gold and badges? Don’t you want to have the proper character earn the proper equipment themselves? Why even bother making a new character and gear them out via the shared-inventory exploit?

[DONE]

Posted by: Syn Sity.5826

Syn Sity.5826

do you keep a tally of which character earned which tokens, gold and badges? Don’t you want to have the proper character earn the proper equipment themselves? Why even bother making a new character and gear them out via the shared-inventory exploit?

The wallet is now an exploit? What isn’t an exploit these days? I suppose anything in the game that you don’t agree with is an exploit. Therefore everyone who does living story should be perma banned.

[DnT]

(edited by Syn Sity.5826)

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Emotes are an exploit.

Dolan.3071

Therefore everyone who does living story should be perma banned.

How else am I meant to farm AP
What, go into WvW!? That’s where I draw the line pal.

Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

I don’t even…

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

Posted by: NeoVaris.4806

NeoVaris.4806

You do remember that the tokens were account bound to begin with, right? So it would have made no difference what character you earned it on. Otherwise it would be a bit pointless if you had thousands of tokens from one dungeon, but could only use it for one character…

[HC]

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

You do remember that the tokens were account bound to begin with, right? So it would have made no difference what character you earned it on. Otherwise it would be a bit pointless if you had thousands of tokens from one dungeon, but could only use it for one character…

They started soul-bound

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

Posted by: zencow.3651

zencow.3651

They started soul-bound

I think that’s where burn guardian initially came from… those who were stuck with CM/TA tokens.

Quasi-elitist dungeoneer and missing Gw1 GvGs greatly.
“GW2’s PvE is almost as bad as the PvP.”

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Stop exploiting by playing your 80 all the time.

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Switching your characters is ruining this fellow’s immersion in the extremely well-written and deep Ascalonian Catacombs storyline. Have you no shame?

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

Posted by: Overlord.7394

Overlord.7394

Lol holy crap. Shared-inventory exloit. Dear god I hope that was a joke.

My name is Remy. I’m a proud member of Lion Knights. Defender of Borlis Pass.
80s: Mesmer, Engineer, Guardian.
In progress: Warrior 52.

Posted by: Oxxy.7068

Oxxy.7068

Lol holy crap. Shared-inventory exloit. Dear god I hope that was a joke.

It was…

Luminifera ~ Guardian – Trisha Blackhands ~ Thief – Hua Yue ~ Elementalist.

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

I agree with the OP. Why even play the game if you are going to exploit by stacking and LOS’ing. The dungeon is meant to be “played” no skipped or gimmicked. The dev’s put in countless hours to create this content so it is disrespectful if you don’t play it the correct way.

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Also make you stop every 5 meters to enjoy the scenery because devs have put dozens of hours to create those beautiful maps.

Posted by: Mitsubishi Eclipsed.6732

Mitsubishi Eclipsed.6732

Attachments:

R O A R|Weezy|Drïzzy|Drama Llama|Mitsubishi Eclipsed|Swaglock Miststone
Member of Flock Of Smeagols [FoS]
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Genbu.1705

Genbu.1705

I don’t really mind people switching toons at the end, as long as they ask first if it’s okay for the rest of the group.

Posted by: Twentytwo.3259

Twentytwo.3259

In a game where leveling is so mind numbingly boring it increases the risk for brain cancer by 80%, I don’t see why this is a bad thing.

How is leveling mind numbingly boring, when the end game exists of exactly the same content?

Dolan.3071

How is leveling mind numbingly boring, when the end game exists of exactly the same content?

End game is not mapping. It may be spamming the same dungeons over and over, hell it might be Living Story updates or the crafting panel for some. But it will never ever be mapping. Cue crazy lady I know with 17 map completions :P

Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]