Simin 50% bug. Fix incoming?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Lansolyn.9507

Lansolyn.9507

Hey Everyone,

The Simin bug 50% bug has been known for a while. Is there a fix incoming soon? The bug wouldn’t be so bad if it weren’t for the 2h dungeon before it and being the final boss and all. It’s like running a marathon and then finding out at the end that they had canceled it due to rain.

For those who have not had the pleasure of seeing the bug first hand the bug makes it so that Simin never enters phase 2. Which would normally happen when she reached 50% health. Instead she stealths, invulns, and then resets to phase 1. Thus, you never get to the customary 45 second window to kill her because every time you get her to 50% she invulns and stealths.

You know that you have the bug when the following things happen:
A) You can DPS her fast or slow to 50% but at exactly 50% she stealths and invulns.
B) When she reappears from stealth there is no 45 second window. You can leave her alone and she will eventually heal all of her health. Or you can DPS her like crazy or DPS her slowly. You can DPS her for 10 minutes, if you want, and she won’t go back into stealth as long as her HP is above 50%.
C) No matter how fast you DPS, how long it takes you to do it, or where you are in the cave she stealths and invulns at 50%.

Good luck everyone and keep outrunning those centaurs!
Lans

(edited by Lansolyn.9507)

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

I don’t believe that anyone has proved this bug exists. I thought I had something, but I was wrong.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Winds.3087

Winds.3087

And then there’s that wonderful bunch of fractal bugs and exploits which turned dredge, colossus, uncharted, ascalon into bloody mess, apparently frozen rework of general dungeons, reward issues and more.
Is there any fix incoming? Who knows, but right now last developer words seen on this subforum is somewhere on, what, 5th page. More pressing matters they have: esports, living story, hotfixing necromancer. I’m sure they will do something when all this pass though. Can’t ignore dungeons forever now, would they. Would they?

…that’s all really discouraging.

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I also thought this to be a bug when I first attempted Arah p4. What I fouund in my second attempt was that it isn’t bugged, but is the boss mechanic.
I have never seen on these forums a person actually explaining how to do this boss. It makes me feel like there is some secret society (tin-foil hat) which is trying to prevent people from completing this path, and thus not getting the dungeon master title.
So here goes:
Simin will invuln and stealth at 50% every time, unless you manage to get the sparks into their spots before she heals above ~60%.
Now, you’ve likely heard something like this before, but it’s really important that people understand what I’m saying.
Phase 1: doesn’t matter how quick you are or what your dps is, she will invuln at 50% and that is that. If you manage to get the sparks in quick enough to not let her heal above 60% you enter into phase 2.
Phase 2: You must have DPS and be coordinated for this. If you do not DPS her down to say 40% you still have to get the sparks into their spots when she goes invuln before she heals to 60% health. If you manage to do this, she will stay in phase 2, if you don’t, she will return to phase 1 and you must do it over again.

This is why everyone says it is a DPS check. If when she enters phase 2 you are able to DPS her down to say 25-30% health you have enough time to get the sparks into their spots, pretty much regardless of the circumstances. If you lack the necessary DPS, which my first group did and second group nearly did, it is almost impossible to do this, or is excessively slow going, as in my second group.

This is not a bug. This is a boss mechanic. I get that you’ll say “But every time at exactly 50%-”
But it’s every time at exactly 50% if you did not manage to get the sparks into their spots before she heals above 60% health.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

I also thought this to be a bug when I first attempted Arah p4. What I fouund in my second attempt was that it isn’t bugged, but is the boss mechanic.
I have never seen on these forums a person actually explaining how to do this boss. It makes me feel like there is some secret society (tin-foil hat) which is trying to prevent people from completing this path, and thus not getting the dungeon master title.
So here goes:
Simin will invuln and stealth at 50% every time, unless you manage to get the sparks into their spots before she heals above ~60%.
Now, you’ve likely heard something like this before, but it’s really important that people understand what I’m saying.
Phase 1: doesn’t matter how quick you are or what your dps is, she will invuln at 50% and that is that. If you manage to get the sparks in quick enough to not let her heal above 60% you enter into phase 2.
Phase 2: You must have DPS and be coordinated for this. If you do not DPS her down to say 40% you still have to get the sparks into their spots when she goes invuln before she heals to 60% health. If you manage to do this, she will stay in phase 2, if you don’t, she will return to phase 1 and you must do it over again.

This is why everyone says it is a DPS check. If when she enters phase 2 you are able to DPS her down to say 25-30% health you have enough time to get the sparks into their spots, pretty much regardless of the circumstances. If you lack the necessary DPS, which my first group did and second group nearly did, it is almost impossible to do this, or is excessively slow going, as in my second group.

This is not a bug. This is a boss mechanic. I get that you’ll say “But every time at exactly 50%-”
But it’s every time at exactly 50% if you did not manage to get the sparks into their spots before she heals above 60% health.

You probably want to look at the videos I posted instead of making comments about tin-foil hat societies not wanting people to complete the path.

Brazil

Lilith Ajit.6173

So here goes:

You probably want to look at the videos I posted instead of making comments about tin-foil hat societies not wanting people to complete the path.

That was mainly a joke, I see you have no sense of humor.
My point was I could find no written explanation on the forums, I finally found one on a random wordpress article, which enabled my team to finally beat this boss.

Edit: I also don’t find videos helpful, especially while in a dungeon. My computer is mega awful, having youtube up while in a dungeon will just lead to a DC.

Second Edit: I just now saw your post (from 3 days ago), but when I couldn’t find an explanation on this forum 2 months ago, you have to admit no one was saying a word on this forum of how exactly to do it, thus that feeling of no one saying a word.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

(edited by Lilith Ajit.6173)

Posted by: Lansolyn.9507

Lansolyn.9507

snip

Ok, so question number 1: If she goes above 60% health when healing then she can’t go below 50% again?

Addressing Point number 1: We often got the sparks in before she hit 53% or 54%. When she would reappear it would, literally, take 5-10 seconds before she would re-invulnerable at exactly 50%. Not one pixel lower. After two hours of trying this boss we got very good at getting the sparks in.

We knew ahead of time the idea of the DPS mechanic and the “3 steps forward and 2 steps back” aspect of the healing. We were OK with a boss that was challenging or even a long fight. We had absolutely no problem with any other aspect of the dungeon and we didn’t have any problem with her, except for her bugging. She never killed us, we either stability-blocked the petrification or teared it, and we had no problem getting her dpsed down.

I wish now that I had frapped the fight so I could demonstrate the difference between a successful attempt and the bugged version.

Thanks for the suggestions though. I think that they’ll help others that haven’t seen a write up.

Lilith Ajit.6173

It is possible, I guess that it was literally bugged. However, I know that I was having this same problem until I found the wordpress article that explained it, and then we were able to eventually get her down. What happened to us at first was that, we got the sparks back really really quick, and we had a few seconds (i think like 10s maybe, but i’m not positive) to DPS her as much as we could. We didn’t DPS her all that much, and when she went invuln we were too slow on the sparks the second time, so she reentered phase 1, and we had to get the sparks back before 60% again. The second try was the charm, though, and we were able to DPS her to 40%, and it took us till she was healed to about 50% to get the sparks back in, and then we got her to 30% health, then to 20, then 10, and nearly lost it again due to myself, a spark runner, being petrified right at the end. (You can imagine me screaming my head off in mumble).
Anyway, like I said it is possible it bugged out, but I think it is a little more likely that you got her to reveal before 60%, didnt DPS her enough, and then didn’t bring the sparks in quick enough the next try, thus resetting her phase. Regardless, I know this encounter can be super frustrating, especially since when you get there, you know you’re almost done with one of the longest paths in game. If it was actually bugged, that stinks!

Edit: When you do finish finally, you might be ecstatic. I however, along with my poor little pink Asura, was frustrated, angry, and didn’t want to play again for at least 2 hours. Proof is in the picture haha.

Attachments:

[ARES]

(edited by Lilith Ajit.6173)

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

So here goes:

My point was I could find no written explanation on the forums, I finally found one on a random wordpress article, which enabled my team to finally beat this boss.

Edit: I also don’t find videos helpful, especially while in a dungeon. My computer is mega awful, having youtube up while in a dungeon will just lead to a DC.

Second Edit: I just now saw your post (from 3 days ago), but when I couldn’t find an explanation on this forum 2 months ago, you have to admit no one was saying a word on this forum of how exactly to do it, thus that feeling of no one saying a word.

You can always watch a video guide before you go into a dungeon. Strife had one on his channel quite some time ago.

Brazil

Lilith Ajit.6173

So here goes:

You can always watch a video guide before you go into a dungeon. Strife had one on his channel quite some time ago.

Who the heck is strife? I don’t know people who play this game other than those I run with.
I don’t normally watch videos for dungeons or anything other than JPs. Dungeons are usually straight forward enough to figure out, this path however, at this fight in particular, I did need outside help to figure it out, and seeing it written out was more helpful to me than I think watching a 5-10 minute video of people doing it.

[ARES]

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

So here goes:

Who the heck is strife? I don’t know people who play this game other than those I run with.
I don’t normally watch videos for dungeons or anything other than JPs. Dungeons are usually straight forward enough to figure out, this path however, at this fight in particular, I did need outside help to figure it out, and seeing it written out was more helpful to me than I think watching a 5-10 minute video of people doing it.

It doesn’t sound like you’ve ever watched a video because if you had watched a good one, you wouldn’t have had any problems with this path.

Brazil

Lilith Ajit.6173

TBH I only watch videos for JPs, like I said. On my second attempt at this path, I succeeded, and that’s over and done with. There are plenty of people who watch videos of this path (including some of my teammates from the first attempt) and still had problems.
Look, I don’t understand why you’re trying to start something with me, I made a joke in my first post and you jumped down my throat. I was simply trying to help OP, not trying to insult you or start anything.

[ARES]

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Careful, he’ll roleplay a scene of him killing you

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Lilith Ajit.6173

Who? What?

[ARES]

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Ok, so question number 1: If she goes above 60% health when healing then she can’t go below 50% again?

Addressing Point number 1: We often got the sparks in before she hit 53% or 54%. When she would reappear it would, literally, take 5-10 seconds before she would re-invulnerable at exactly 50%. Not one pixel lower. After two hours of trying this boss we got very good at getting the sparks in.

Sounds like a pretty accurate description of what my party experienced when we ran it a while back. Just kept going invuln and healing at 50%. Never ending cycle for a long time. Didn’t seem to matter how fast we got the sparks in.

Posted by: Chryzo.8906

Chryzo.8906

Lilith, guides are old and can be found on the forum regarding arah. It’s just that the stupid search engine of the forums sux big time. Atm, dunno why, it actually search only through the first pages’ thread… not the whole 12 months or so of posts.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Awww so that is a bug ._.
I played Yesterday arah4 for the first time.

Thought was the usual dps check anet loves to put in its game….(just to be sure that everyone reroll warrior for easy mode)
We were 3 mesmers, guard + eng dps.

solution we came up on the fly:
at 50% 2 players just stays near sparks at 1200 range. (one right and one left).

Takes few seconds with swiftness blink and stuff to gather sparks.

That means she has really a short time to heal and you can keep Killing her in those 5-10 seconds Windows.

For the rest if you haven t enough dps you are done :/
Infact i had phantasms dealing most of my dps, and that is why i could stay at 1200.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith, guides are old and can be found on the forum regarding arah. It’s just that the stupid search engine of the forums sux big time. Atm, dunno why, it actually search only through the first pages’ thread… not the whole 12 months or so of posts.

Yeah, why is that? When are they going to fix that?

As for Arah, I’m good with simply doing paths 1-3 nowadays until the dungeon reward system is changed. I don’t really have the DPS to run p4 effectively, but that one time I did run it and succeed, I used google search as the forum’s search is so…. well… bad. I first tried the topic +forum-en.guildwars2.com. Couldn’t find much useful, and then just randomly found the wordpress article that mainly just described the 2 phases.

Anyway, I think this will become more of an issue once the dungeon reward system is revamped, because hopefully more people will have more reason to run it.

[ARES]

Posted by: Purgatory Fire.4057

Purgatory Fire.4057

This boss was once a checkpoint for the groups. Seperating the good players and bad ones. After the nerf Anet decided to make it casual and open it to everyone so people would stop QQ ing about it. Appearently nothing has changed since months.. Anyways arah p4 takes 30 minutes or so when I do it with my group. Nothing is bugged you just didn’t understand the mechanics of that boss.

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Who? What?

Attachments:

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Lilith Ajit.6173

Who? What?

P…..P..RECIOUS!

[ARES]

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Because people keep ignoring the pattern that the amount of time it takes to GET TO HER, might actually have something to do with why it breaks?

Lilith Ajit.6173

Because people keep ignoring the pattern that the amount of time it takes to GET TO HER, might actually have something to do with why it breaks?

Curious, not sure what you mean? (Only replying because what you imply is interesting, I know this comment was meant for the person you quoted.)

[ARES]

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Curious, not sure what you mean? (Only replying because what you imply is interesting, I know this comment was meant for the person you quoted.)

Simple Computer science that’s consistent with many of their Open World encounters too lately. …. When a multi stage Event mob with more complex triggers is spawned, but left to idle too long, its global function calls in that instance’s memory can get mishandled or desynched. This is ONLY a theory though, and I have no one to actually help test it properly… (A bad pug might take the required Arrival time, but everyone on the forum would then ignore any Video proof of the bug by claiming that the group took 2-3 hours to get there and therefore they auto-fail the DPS test). So yeah if you do indeed enjoy interesting phenomena… then this little Paradox should make your day.

(edited by ilr.9675)

Lilith Ajit.6173

Very interesting.
For the record, despite not being in a pug group, our DPS was crap and it did take us 2.5-3h to get to Simin.
On the bright side: if your theory is correct, maybe this post will get a dev’s attention and they’ll look into it!

[ARES]

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Simple Computer science that’s consistent with many of their Open World encounters too lately. …. When a multi stage Event mob with more complex triggers is spawned, but left to idle too long, its global function calls in that instance’s memory can get mishandled or desyched. This is ONLY a theory though, and I have no one to actually help test it properly… (A bad pug might take the required Arrival time, but everyone on the forum would then ignore any Video proof of the bug by claiming that the group took 2-3 hours to get there and therefore they auto-fail the DPS test). So yeah if you do indeed enjoy interesting phenomena… then this little Paradox should make your day.

*Only a hypothesis

Brazil

LordByron.8369

This boss was once a checkpoint for the groups. Seperating the good players and bad ones. After the nerf Anet decided to make it casual and open it to everyone so people would stop QQ ing about it. Appearently nothing has changed since months.. Anyways arah p4 takes 30 minutes or so when I do it with my group. Nothing is bugged you just didn’t understand the mechanics of that boss.

excuse me to be harsh as much as you have been to 90% of gw2 players but using cookie cutter builds and party has nothing to do with skill.

Its just taking advantage of the total unbalance of PvE.

I have a mesmer and have to play with optimized gorups for farming purposes (but i also play a lot with “pugs”)….
Well i can t see any skill requirement in such groups…..the challenge is trivialized by OP support and dps.

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: lcpdragonslayer.7895

lcpdragonslayer.7895

I don’t think it’s bugged, you probably just failed the DPS check. When I ran P4 I thought it was bugged too since we just couldn’t get her down past 50% for about half an hour, and then I told the Sparks runner to bugger off and did it myself even though I was doing 2nd highest DPS output in the party. After about 6 runs or so we broke past the 50% mark and whittled her down to death.

Even if it’s a bug, you should know by now that ANet’s priority list is

#1. Gem Store
#2. Living Story
#3. Hotfix 80% of Living Story
#4. Buff Necromancer
#5. Nerf Necromancer
#6. Buff Necromancer
#7. Nerf Necromancer
#8. Nerf Necromancer
#9. Nerf Ranger

#64. ‘Balance’ all other classes according to the next ragequitter’s outburst on PVP forums.

#421. Fix Dredge Fractal AoE circles/F button not showing up.

#878. Look at how to fix old dungeons e.g. AC, oh and while we’re at it we might fix Simin too =)

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

There is not a DPS check. The problem for the most part is when people don’t know what to do. Stop complaining about “DPS checks” and bugs.

Brazil

Lilith Ajit.6173

There is not a DPS check. The problem for the most part is when people don’t know what to do. Stop complaining about “DPS checks” and bugs.

There is a DPS check, in some cases. My third time doing this path I ran with 4 boon guardians and my ele. Despite getting the sparks into their spots, we could never do enough DPS to cancel her healing, despite how quick we were with the sparks. I’m not saying you have to be full Zerk, but if none of your members is DPS spec’d even a little, problems can arise.

[ARES]

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

There is a DPS check, in some cases. My third time doing this path I ran with 4 boon guardians and my ele. Despite getting the sparks into their spots, we could never do enough DPS to cancel her healing, despite how quick we were with the sparks. I’m not saying you have to be full Zerk, but if none of your members is DPS spec’d even a little, problems can arise.

No, there is no DPS check. The problem is pulling the Sparks too slowly. Her healing is also very low compared to what it was at the start of the game. The fight is about organization, not DPS.

Brazil

Lilith Ajit.6173

No, there is no DPS check. The problem is pulling the Sparks too slowly. Her healing is also very low compared to what it was at the start of the game. The fight is about organization, not DPS.

“Organization”. Listen, I know what happened in my group with the 4 guardians. I had completed the fight prior to this day. The 4 guardians were 4 of my best friends in the game. We were in mumble. We were organized. We literally did not do enough damage to cancel the healing that she was able to do in the 5 seconds it took us to bring the sparks to their cages in phase 2.

I would appreciate it if you stopped acting like you know everything there is to know about every group and every player who attempts this fight.

[ARES]

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

“Organization”. Listen, I know what happened in my group with the 4 guardians. I had completed the fight prior to this day. The 4 guardians were 4 of my best friends in the game. We were in mumble. We were organized. We literally did not do enough damage to cancel the healing that she was able to do in the 5 seconds it took us to bring the sparks to their cages in phase 2.

I would appreciate it if you stopped acting like you know everything there is to know about every group and every player who attempts this fight.

Considering I’ve done this fight close to 100 times with groups ranging from killing Simin in 2 phases with massive DPS to the fight being drawn out due to condition Necros, support Eles, and bunker Engis in the same group, I’ve got a pretty good idea of what the fight entails.

1. Put Simin in the corner, 1 person handles Tears
2. DPS
3. 2 people pull Sparks, the remaining 3 stay in the corner
4. DPS
5. Continue

This strategy will and has worked each time for me, aside from my first time in the dungeon due to people leaving and my group not being able to find replacements.

Brazil

Lilith Ajit.6173

Considering I’ve done this fight close to 100 times with groups ranging from killing Simin in 2 phases with massive DPS to the fight being drawn out due to condition Necros, support Eles, and bunker Engis in the same group, I’ve got a pretty good idea of what the fight entails.

2. DPS
4. DPS
5. Continue

This strategy will and has worked each time for me, aside from my first time in the dungeon due to people leaving and my group not being able to find replacements.

I never said you didn’t know the fight. I’m saying you don’t know every group or the situations that may arise. You must have some semblance of DPS, or at least not fully supportive builds, for this fight. If you don’t, it can take hours because you’re literally only knocking off her health by, I don’t know, 1/30th of her total health at a time?

Like I said, and I’ll repeat myself. I believe that you’re God-mode 1337 at all things Arah 4, but that does not mean you know everything about all groups, all party comps, all player style, etc etc.

[ARES]

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

2. DPS
4. DPS
5. Continue

I never said you didn’t know the fight. I’m saying you don’t know every group or the situations that may arise. You must have some semblance of DPS, or at least not fully supportive builds, for this fight. If you don’t, it can take hours because you’re literally only knocking off her health by, I don’t know, 1/30th of her total health at a time?

Like I said, and I’ll repeat myself. I believe that you’re God-mode 1337 at all things Arah 4, but that does not mean you know everything about all groups, all party comps, all player style, etc etc.

If you are doing that little DPS to Simin, I don’t see how you would be able to fight a veteran in Cursed Shore, let alone get all the way to the near-end of path 4. Staff Ele autoattacks and Necros in Soldier’s gear that stack Wells will do VERY low DPS, and I’ve been in groups like that. I’ve seen quite a few interesting group compositions, I’ve had people that flat out didn’t listen and seemed to almost intentionally be prolonging the fight. None of those scenarios were game-breaking. I feel I’ve seen enough group compositions with varying levels of DPS to confidently say that the fight isn’t broken.

Brazil

Lilith Ajit.6173

AND AGAIN.
I never said the fight was broken. You really need to stop putting words in my mouth.
The third time I tried it party comp:
My Zerk armor/soldier’s trinket ele
Boon Guard
Heal Guard
2nd Boon Guard
Knight/iirc zerk trinkets? Guard

What ended up happening here was that we had gotten her to phase 2, and we were very slowly wittling her down. Then, as I ran to get sparks I was petrified, our tear thrower unpetrified me, spark aggro’d on her, she ran the spark to the middle, I ran the other spark, (the three at the front of the room had been successfully brought back) and when I had gotten the fifth spark to the statue, it aggro’d on the running back tear thrower, and thus slowed us down and brought her back to her 1st phase.

Our knight/zerk guard had to go (he was in the middle of a separation from his wife and was leaving the country the next morning, so he had no choice), we brought in another person, a guardian boon build friend of ours. He had a lot of experience with the path, we attempted, we couldn’t get the damage to cancel the healing enough, without having to do it 50 or so times, our group gave up.

Anyway, circumstances can prevent progress on this fight. The fight is not broken. Generally, from what I can tell, not bugged. For it to be done easily and effectively however, requires at least a little bit of DPS, in our case, our Knight/zerk guard. I don’t really consider my ele a power house, but I suppose that bit of DPS helps?

Also TBH my ele used to run around in sentinel’s/soldier trinkets before I got my zerk. I never could take on a Cursed Shore Vet with daggers even until I got my zerk gear.

[ARES]

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

AND AGAIN.
I never said the fight was broken. You really need to stop putting words in my mouth.
The third time I tried it party comp:
My Zerk armor/soldier’s trinket ele
Boon Guard
Heal Guard
2nd Boon Guard
Knight/iirc zerk trinkets? Guard

What ended up happening here was that we had gotten her to phase 2, and we were very slowly wittling her down. Then, as I ran to get sparks I was petrified, our tear thrower unpetrified me, spark aggro’d on her, she ran the spark to the middle, I ran the other spark, (the three at the front of the room had been successfully brought back) and when I had gotten the fifth spark to the statue, it aggro’d on the running back tear thrower, and thus slowed us down and brought her back to her 1st phase.

Our knight/zerk guard had to go (he was in the middle of a separation from his wife and was leaving the country the next morning, so he had no choice), we brought in another person, a guardian boon build friend of ours. He had a lot of experience with the path, we attempted, we couldn’t get the damage to cancel the healing enough, without having to do it 50 or so times, our group gave up.

Anyway, circumstances can prevent progress on this fight. The fight is not broken. Generally, from what I can tell, not bugged. For it to be done easily and effectively however, requires at least a little bit of DPS, in our case, our Knight/zerk guard. I don’t really consider my ele a power house, but I suppose that bit of DPS helps?

Also TBH my ele used to run around in sentinel’s/soldier trinkets before I got my zerk. I never could take on a Cursed Shore Vet with daggers even until I got my zerk gear.

Forgive me for putting words in your mouth, then. I’m used to people saying “DPS check” and “bug” in the same post followed by stories of not finishing the fight.

Brazil

Mad Rasputin.7809

It really is tough for a sub-optimal DPS group when it might take them 10-15 seconds on the sparks, and then she turns invisible again less than 5 seconds after appearing.

Healing for 10-15 seconds and 5 seconds of DPS on a non-DPS focused group is not going to win it here.

Is the cycle between the start of invis, running the sparks, her turning back visible, to turning invisible again all supposed to last 45 or 54 seconds? Meaning the faster you run sparks, the more time you have to DPS. If so, this is not happening all the time.

LordByron.8369

I finished the fight..

I can t believe that a 5 second window followed by regen even if you are really fast is enough for a random pug party to complete it.

I.E. take a random pug that usually play lvl 38 fotm (from lvl 48 is not enough random because people rerolled).
Place it in that situation.

See how dps is not enough.

If the Window were even 15 seconds it would ve been enough.

5-10 seconds is not.
Infact 3 dps mesmer +1dps eng + 1 guardian were just enough to finish the battle with an optimal spark phase.
If we just had another non dps we wouldn t have succeeded.

GW2 balance:

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

If you were getting only 5-10 seconds to DPS, your Spark pulls were most likely too slow.

Brazil

Mad Rasputin.7809

If you were getting only 5-10 seconds to DPS, your Spark pulls were most likely too slow.

The wiki and all the sources I have read say there is a 45 second window on the stealth. Is this still true or has this changed?

Only asking because that appears to be the issue. It appears some are having a problem with the time to run sparks and the time to DPS not adding up to any where near 45 seconds. More like 20 seconds or less total in some cases.

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

Stealth to stealth after she goes at 50% should be 45 seconds. If you get anything other than that, video evidence is needed. It will throw off the timer if you take longer than 45 seconds, but that would mean an exceptionally kittened up/buggy spark run.

Retired. Too many casuals.

Mad Rasputin.7809

Stealth to stealth after she goes at 50% should be 45 seconds. If you get anything other than that, video evidence is needed. It will throw off the timer if you take longer than 45 seconds, but that would mean an exceptionally kittened up/buggy spark run.

This might explain why the bug appears sometimes. PUGs often are bad/slow or have to reset just to regroup and may take longer than the 45 seconds. This might be throwing the timer off.

My first time through with the guild, we were slow, stopped, regrouped while we searched for strategies. Maybe we threw the timer off because we definately experienced the bug where we were not given a 45 second window.

Might explain why pros can’t really replicate the problem because they are too fast and already know the strategy and thus are probably not likely to go over the 45 second timer.

The sad thing is, if this is the case it is hurting new runners of the path the hardest while vets are not even noticing.

It’ll be hard to get video of this. Doubtful new PUGs are taping their first run.

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

This might explain why the bug appears sometimes. PUGs often are bad/slow or have to reset just to regroup and may take longer than the 45 seconds. This might be throwing the timer off.

My first time through with the guild, we were slow, stopped, regrouped while we searched for strategies. Maybe we threw the timer off because we definately experienced the bug where we were not given a 45 second window.

Might explain why pros can’t really replicate the problem because they are too fast and already know the strategy and thus are probably not likely to go over the 45 second timer.

The sad thing is, if this is the case it is hurting new runners of the path the hardest while vets are not even noticing.

It’ll be hard to get video of this. Doubtful new PUGs are taping their first run.

It’s not a bug. You might want to watch this: http://youtu.be/nmFx8KIb26Q

Brazil

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

I mean from what videos I’ve seen, letting the spark run go longer than 45 seconds will just make that window last longer, then she’ll resume 45-second windows once you’re back on track. I think Brazil’s video where his group let her regen for awhile showed that.

Retired. Too many casuals.

Mad Rasputin.7809

I’m not trying to beat a dead horse or anything, but watching that video it seems that they do a 30 second (roughly) spark pull to replicate the issue. If they do a 30 second spark pull and only have 3 seconds to DPS, that doesn’t add up to the 45 second window they should have had?

I must be missing something here, or it is just not clicking in my brain yet. If you are supposed to have a 45 second window how is a 30 second spark pull followed by a 3 second DPS window (around 33 seconds total, not 45) not a bug?

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

I’m not trying to beat a dead horse or anything, but watching that video it seems that they do a 30 second (roughly) spark pull to replicate the issue. If they do a 30 second spark pull and only have 3 seconds to DPS, that doesn’t add up to the 45 second window they should have had?

I must be missing something here, or it is just not clicking in my brain yet. If you are supposed to have a 45 second window how is a 30 second spark pull followed by a 3 second DPS window (around 33 seconds total, not 45) not a bug?

She goes back into phase one around 60-65% health it seems. This was something I picked up on while making that video and the one I had made before it. She resets completely if she heals to 75% health.

Brazil

Mad Rasputin.7809

So, once phase 2 starts at the 50% mark you will be working with the 45 second window.

If you are slow with the sparks, and Simin’s health reaches 60-65% range again, she reverts back to phase 1 and nulifies the 45 second window?

Then once you get her to 50% again to start phase 2, the window ‘may’ be screwed up due to the reset?