Simin, High Priestess of Dwayna

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Jim Travakh.7495

Jim Travakh.7495

I’m not one to complain about difficulty, and I’m not going to do so here, I’d just like to ask if the boss’s current behavior is intended, and whether the encounter was playtested. I’ll go into detail about what I observed about the boss.

The encounter is straightforward – the boss has two phases and switches between them. In phase 1, she spams a bunch of relatively harmless aoe and petrifies one person, but otherwise we just burn and dps her down till the 50% point. In phase 2 she vanishes (but can still be hit), regenerates a very large amount of health per second, and spawns 5 invulnerable npcs that have to be pulled into 5 spots in order to stop the regeneration and drop her back into phase 1. The fight is mechanically simple and it’s difficult to wipe.

The problem is that the boss must be killed within the first two phase transitions, since the first only requires 4 sparks to be pulled in. So drop to 50%, pull 4, it comes back at 55, burn all cooldowns drop to 20, pull 5, and kill 35->0.

This is fine, but there’s absolutely no hint that you’re doing something wrong if you fail the second dps check. What will occur is that you’re stuck there forever driving it back and forth – hide at 40%, heal out to 60, drop to 40 ad infinitum. The fact that we realized the first transition only required 4 sparks was a huge fluke.

Again, once we figured it out the boss was downed in 4 minutes of balls out dps, but we spent hours on it beforehand just smashing it and watching it heal, with no hint or indication that the boss had entered a near-unwinnable state. This isn’t fun design, this is design solely intended to make people angry.

(edited by Jim Travakh.7495)

Posted by: Orz.5091

Orz.5091

Agree 100%. This design is not fun at all. We got stuck in the loop and were scratching our heads.

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

Maybe one day it will get fixed°°

Posted by: Yezhik.2071

Yezhik.2071

we just gave up on this, cause the sparks would just keep switching aggro, and we couldn’t put them into the circles.

By far the dumbest boss we’ve ever tried.

Yezhik – Guardian
VexX
www.vexxgaming.com

Posted by: Sherbniz.5938

Sherbniz.5938

Hey there,

After what seemed an eternity at trying to beat this boss, we found the only do-able solution was most likely not intended.

Apparently, when Simin goes invisible, she just stays where she is, and spamming poison to stall her healing abilities and just damaging her, while a single person sorts out the sparks is possible.
Of course, you have to pull her all the way out of her cave and create a stockpile of tears next to her… because the sparks are just endlessly fiddly and will aggro towards anyone standing around (not to mention she manages to sometimes petrify players even after she disappears, which results in sparks aggroing on immobile players and stalling the entire progress horribly…). And even then the rings the sparks belong to bug out and the sparks inside just fly away, leaving you witless at which circle still needs to be filled…

It’s a huge mess, it should have just been enough to kill the sparks, or just pull them in the general area.

A-Net should really consider re-designing some of these encounters.

And she isn’t even the end-boss…

Overall, path 4 is an absolute insanity and should be avoided by anyone who isn’t either really good at da vidya or certifiably bonkers. ó_ò