Simin is a DPS check

Simin is a DPS check

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

I caved in and decided to help a guildie get his p4 achievement. I think I was done with Simin pre-nerf, but besides the vastly improved sparks scenario, she is still a DPS check boss.

The group make-up had 2 eles, 2 warriors, and me as a ranger. I love the fact that they said sparks would not chase pets, yet somehow sparks were stuck like glue on the drake even though I was nearby 24/7.

Needless to say, she kept resetting at 50%. Hit 50%, heal up a bit, and it was just going nowhere or would take centuries.

Lo and behold, I switch to my mesmer, and she goes down with no issues. The effect would have been the same or better if instead of a mesmer I had brought a warrior. It was clear that the weak link in damage was elementalists and the ranger, which were specced for power burst capacity with haste and max pet crit damage bonus and attributes with 20 traits on the crit dmg bonus line (you just need that heal on crit and the 30 BM trait regen if you want your pet to last through splash damage in dungeons for at least enough time for the switch cooldown).

It’s kind of a shame so many explorables encourage stacking warriors because damage is the premium outside high lv fractals (and in the case of the grawl shaman fractal it still remains the most important factor). Something needs to be done about the damage abyss in between classes, or damage checking mechanics in dungeons need to be devalued and give some way to other contributions from classes that do not have warrior damage. Support and rezzing capacity should be more prominent if you’re going to keep damage balance that way, perhaps even giving some bosses vulnerability to condition damage while being resistant to direct damage so as to encourage a variety of classes and builds in PvE.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

Simin is a DPS check

Posted by: Lighthammer.3280

Lighthammer.3280

It is not a dps check it is a bug. I completed it last night without much effort but I ran across the same bug as you have.

The thing is that if Simin goes in stealth BEFORE you get her down to 50%, she tends to bug out and stealth every next try once you hit her down to 50%.

We wasted about 30 minutes until we manage to “reset” the Simin by kicking her to 50% and leaving the combat.

Once she was up to 100% and without agro we killed her without much DPS effort.
Simin has really low regen rate now and is rather easy to kill, all you have to do is pile up tears and run sparks in about minute or so. Simin goes down in about 5-10 minutes regardless of your dps.

Again, what happened to you was a bug, and If happens again you should just let her stealth and regen up to max while you are out of combat. It will most likely remove a bug so you have a clean start at Simin. Just make sure you have all 5 people attacking and getting her to 50% hp before she stealths for the first time.

Cheers!

Simin is a DPS check

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi Zenith,

The team is aware of this bug and is working on solving it. We understand this can cause frustration – since Arah is already a tricky dungeon – but we would like to aks you to have some patience. We hope to bring you good news about this soon.

Thanks for your understanding.
This thread is closed.