Simple KC QoL Improvement

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: DUNSTAN.8529

DUNSTAN.8529

As much as I enjoy raiding in GW2, I have a serious problem with wing 3 and I find myself dreading completing it every week. While I’m not the biggest fan of the Xera encounter, it is Keep Construct that is the primary source of my despair. Before anybody starts telling me to “git good”, let me just say that my problems with KC have nothing to do with the level of difficulty and I have killed him multiple times a week since release and have over 300 Legendary Insights to my name.

I have a lot of problems with the fight but for the sake of simplicity, I shall focus this suggestion on the biggest i.e. the way spirit aggro works. This mechanic requires a fair amount of precision in a small, unforgiving arena and while it is mostly pretty easy to deal with, it is often the culprit of some incredibly frustrating situations.

What’s wrong with it:
1. It allows very little time to react
2. Spirits are clunky
3. It is often difficult to see if you are targeted (during green circles and when stacked)
4. It is difficult for teams to make calls since you cannot easily differentiate between targeted players

Simple solution:
1. Have different colours for spirits from each side
2. Announce the name of the player that is targeted to the entire squad(including by which colour spirit) in a similar way to Slothasor fixation

This QoL change alone would be enough to improve my opinion of the fight but I personally, I think that several of the mechanics of this boss in particular need total reworks. Otherwise, good job raid team and keep it up!

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

That’s really weird. I play with 400ping and hv no issue with spirit. I know is not about ping but not sure if this helps.. keep an eye on existing spirit and the surrounding statue esp when it turn colour that’s when the next spirit spawn. I always ping when the next spirit spawn as to help everyone to be aware of it. Not sure if this helps.
I find kc is easy like gorse. And every week I did kc with pug.. we never really hv issue

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

(edited by Talindra.4958)

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

KC in my Opinion is the worst Boss Encounter and its not the Ghosts ( Spirits ) where I’m having a Problem. There are a few Parts of the Fight where you do nothing and the biggest Contender is RNG deciding on what Mechanic you get. Killing the coloured Spirits or spreading with the Bombs. The Spirits are far easier to deal with and the Bombs are getting in the Way of the AOE Indicators of other Attacks like, messing up the AOE Field of the Pizza Attack or rendering the AOE’s of the Ceiling Debris Thing invisible.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

The only issues i have with KC are the orb bugs which still persist.

Like the orb getting stuck on nothing, while having a pow-wow with the retrievers.

Fix that, and i would be happy.

Talindra.4958

i don’t know! I don’t have issue the last few weeks. and I push orb too. I find xera more a struggle for the team than any other bosses :P

Australia

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

kc is easy but some grps make it harder. I am judging this on the fact I don’t need to do orbs, so I can just blame the ppl who are doing it when they mess up.

also, sloth is hard. I got pugs that are determined to fall face flat on him and ragequit cos they fully intend to fail but dont have enough time to do so. help me tmorrow for sloth if u can, it’s last day I have appreciate it. help kill within one hour and ill tip 20g yes

ill even be a little slubbling for u

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

TexZero.7910

i don’t know! I don’t have issue the last few weeks. and I push orb too. I find xera more a struggle for the team than any other bosses :P

I’m not saying i encounter it frequently anymore either, maybe 1 in 10 runs, but it can happen and when it does….. literally nothing will cause it to move. Not the lava font, Not even the Retrievers whose sole purpose it is to take the core back.

Attachments:

Talindra.4958

hah! never encounter that. that’s very funny even the retrievers can take it… what happen after? restart the fight?

Australia

Walhalla.5473

Well my Group had the Bug this Week. Nothing could move the Orb but after some Time ( 30 Seconds to a Minute ) the was Orb retrieved. Had a good laugh on it but if this happens more often than it is gonna be very annoying.

Posted by: skarpak.8594

skarpak.8594

easy, just oneshot him after the first phase :s
…i have no idea what caused this bug, but its pretty funny to see 1 metor from meteorshower doing 1 million dmg. xD

to op: honestly, i rather see that as a problem from your group not being organized.
just do not tank him directly on the wall, move him always so that kc stands between your group and the next spawn from the other side. that way the spawn from the other side will always run directly into him.
in the “splitphase” have 3 persons per circle. in case somebody gets aggro across the room, he easily can run away from the circle to the spawning area/next circle to it where the rest stands and prevent merging from the other side while starting to dps it down.

honestly, the people who have aggro should know it when it happens and should react directly to it…when u get a green bomb at sabetha u also react directly and not 20 seconds afterwards.

the visuals in the last phase of the fight or that the orb gets stuck is more of a problem then the visuals of the aggro mechanic. i mean, the one who got aggro hears it, sees it on the screen with a note and has a red note in the chat if i remember correctly.
thats more then enough time to sort stuff out.

TexZero.7910

hah! never encounter that. that’s very funny even the retrievers can take it… what happen after? restart the fight?

depends on how far in you are really. Sometimes if you’re doing good enough you can just push through it, others its basically a mandatory /gg /qq /ff whatever you want to call it.

Talindra.4958

Oh definately is a bug I hope I never encounter this gosh!!

Australia

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I’m not saying i encounter it frequently anymore either, maybe 1 in 10 runs, but it can happen and when it does….. literally nothing will cause it to move. Not the lava font, Not even the Retrievers whose sole purpose it is to take the core back.

I had this happen to me last Friday. It’s always that same spot in the arena, too. Might it be a terrain or pathing map blip or something? I’ve avoided the issue by pushing it around this specific spot.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Walhalla.5473

Could be the Terrain. This Monday my Group had a Spirit not moving at roughly the same Position where the Orb was stucked last Week

TexZero.7910

I mean i’ve reported this bug before 99.9% sure its partially the terrain but at this point like many others i just move around it now and avoid that section entirely.

It just what i feel to be the most annoying part of KC. Everything else i can manage, that takes the gameplay out of my hands if/when it happens.

Posted by: Dinosaurs.8674

Dinosaurs.8674

What’s wrong with it:
1. It allows very little time to react
2. Spirits are clunky
3. It is often difficult to see if you are targeted (during green circles and when stacked)
4. It is difficult for teams to make calls since you cannot easily differentiate between targeted players

1. Little time to react to what? You know approximately where the next phantasm is going to spawn since they alternate sides, so it’s very easy to keep them apart even if your timings are off.
2. Their AI is super basic, they walk up to their fixate and then stop and do their ground slam attack, then do random crap that doesn’t matter for positioning. It’s not difficult to stand a little behind where you want to pull them to.
3. Yeah it can be a bit hard, but it also plays a sound when you become fixated, and if you move your character around randomly its pretty easy to tell if it’s on you or not.
4. What is hard to call? We just refer to the fixated player as “fixate” and trust that that player can figure it out themselves. So for example “fixate and tank stay on boss”, or “fixate get to close green circle”. It sounds like you are relying on your caller to figure out who is fixated rather than your individual squad members, which is making the fight way harder than it should be.

Simple solution:
1. Have different colours for spirits from each side
2. Announce the name of the player that is targeted to the entire squad(including by which colour spirit) in a similar way to Slothasor fixation

1. What QoL issue does this solve? It seems to me that all it does is make the fight slightly easier by reminding you where that phantasm spawned from 10 seconds ago.
2. Those announcements can be annoying to see on your screen when there’s already a lot of visual clutter, as you already point out. Since it doesn’t give your squad any additional information I don’t see what this accomplishes other than further removing personal responsibility from an already easy fight.

Posted by: Takoyakii.2146

Takoyakii.2146

I’m ok with his mechanic but he’s pretty buggy sometimes. Like orb get struck ..and our group found wierd ball phase bug that he’s melting from 33%to 4 in a second//we wipe from rl confusion after that

We never been able to recreate it so I don’t know what causing that.