Skipping Mobs in Dungeons...

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: gman.2356

gman.2356

Am I the only one who isn’t a fan of this? It seems like all the dungeon runs I do now have people who want to run past huge packs of mobs to rush to the next part. Only thing is most of the time this never works and we end up spending more time/money than it’s worth. I’m kind of hoping they fix this by making mobs have an infinite or unbreakable “leash” forcing you to fight your way through. But then again….that’s just my opinion. How do others feel?

Posted by: Xander.9024

Xander.9024

I really don’t like skipping mobs or bosses in dungeons. Every time I see someone post “Just skip it” i roll my eyes and sigh. Of course as soon as that gets posted you notice the rest of your team break off and run so if you don’t want to die you kind of have to.

Still hate it though.

Posted by: gman.2356

gman.2356

Yeah I usually have no choice but to follow along or get stomped, ha.

Posted by: Shamrocky.5036

Shamrocky.5036

It is pretty lame to do and if people try to run past mobs but the rest of the group doesn’t know your gonna have a bad time. It is really annoying when people put out videos about how to skip past mobs and bosses and mass stealth the group. Hopefully this is addressed in the future by Anet.

Posted by: NightyNight.1823

NightyNight.1823

Because going through trash mobs for hours is not rewarding.

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

I don’t like it. Kinda ruins the dungeon experience when you skip half of the content. I don’t mind skipping optional mobs that much, but skipping all that’s on the main path is lame.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Posted by: Lightrayne.7829

Lightrayne.7829

I do it a lot, and I feel bad about it, but the fact of the matter is that there is currently no substantial incentive to fight the trash mobs. It’s a waste of time. My group and I have fought through all of our dungeons without mob skipping several times, so at this point we know the mob names and what they are capable of doing. There is no reason for us to fight them until Anet adjusts the loot table for them. We’re doing the run to farm money, not spend 5-10 minutes beating on several groups of mobs for no rewards. We know what these mobs do, we’re capable of killing them easily, and we know that they aren’t worth the time. If you think about it in terms of open world PvE, people don’t usually kill every single enemy that they encounter unless they have to. I’m pretty sure most people skip mobs until they hit a heart, DE, or other relevant locations. This is the same situation.

I honestly only recommend mob skipping with an organized team of people you know (AFTER you have taken the time to understand the mob types). Doing it in PuG runs can get really messy because you’re not always sure if everyone is on the same page. I do it with my group because I know we won’t wipe and we barely have repair bills when we’re done with our runs.

It’s one thing to want to do a fast run, but it’s another if you sacrifice team coordination. I don’t see why people would think it is a good idea to do this in PuG groups, especially if you don’t know anyone on the team. It’s a bad habit that needs to be dropped for general purposes. At the very least, if such a tactic is desired, the entire team should know about it and be able to do it.

My group has already cleared about 90% of the game’s dungeons normally several times, so at this point we know what to expect on all of the paths. Take a look at the original GW’s speed clear meta across the various elite instances — it’s all about mob skipping and fighting at the relevant parts. It’s like open world PvE where most people would just avoid mobs to get to relevant locations such as a heart or DE. It’s currently part of the game’s mechanic in a different environment. Unless the trash mobs are relevant for progressing the dungeon or obtaining something useful, this unfortunate “tactic” will exist.

Again, I think this kind of “tactic” should be used with organized groups, where you know your team can successfully avoid the consequences and are already very familiar with the mobs. In random PuG groups, you’ll probably be looking at high repair bills and lost time. In my opinion, anyone attempting mob skipping should at least have some knowledge of the mob types because there are some fights where it’s worth fighting. This should be experienced with normal clears on the first few runs before “tactics” are shifted towards mob skipping. I currently see the skippable mobs more or less as tutorial mobs, so once you understand how they work, skipping them would save you a lot of trouble. If you’re running a dungeon for more than a visit, then there’s really no point to go through the trouble of wasting time on mob groups that provide no benefit.

The devs are aware that we’re skipping mobs and the reasons why. The only complaint I really see against it is from people in PuG groups who have a certain preference of how they want the dungeon to be run. Either submit to the group’s wants or join/create your own group that does the dungeon your way. For now, mob skipping is an option, and some people are just using that option irresponsibly.

Posted by: Dibrom.6408

Dibrom.6408

THIS

Back in GW1 the rewarding part was fighting trash mobs. Skip to GW2 and what’s the incentive to fighting trash? Terrible drops? The fun of whacking an unchallenging mob with a ridiculous amount of HP? The exp?

Arenanet: The paragon of truth.

Posted by: drkn.3429

drkn.3429

+1 Lightrayne.

Skip what’s skippable. Kill what you have to in order to progress in the dungeon’s ‘story’ and what you have to kill to advance, as some chunks are very hard or outright impossible to skip – or just really, really unsafe.
There’s no need, incentive or even fun in clearing a dungeon of ALL its mobs.

Posted by: Asagi.1405

Asagi.1405

Mobs are tedious to fight, have too much health, give nothing to show for your efforts and due to hilariously poor design are often harder than the bosses.

There are two solutions to this.
1) Make mobs more balanced and give them a better chance for loot and money. Now, “more balanced” does not mean “easy” before someone comes to snort at me yelling that I’m a casual and the mobs are fine because they like spending 10 minutes on one group of mobs.

2) Restructure dungeons in such a way as to force players to clear mobs as they are. This is a stupid solution. Unfortunately it seems to me that Arenanet are leaning in this direction.

Posted by: Amlin.6041

Amlin.6041

Because dungeons in GW2 aren’t fun. Too many gimmicks or just so much hp it’s just a chore to kill them. I can literally close my eyes and take a quick nap during trashpulls they have so much hp you have the time to.

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

No you’re not alone. I still hope on every patch an end of skipping runs with an unremovable way to force players to kill ALL before continue on next area.
Obiouvsly, the so much claimed increased loot reward under test, must goes online, and finally adds and boss will drop exotics/ t6 mats etc

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

Posted by: Bukkebruse.2810

Bukkebruse.2810

Trash mobs usually have way too much HP and give no reward at all. They aren’t even a part of the dungeon’s progression/story whatever you want to call it.

Posted by: Asagi.1405

Asagi.1405

No you’re not alone. I still hope on every patch an end of skipping runs with an unremovable way to force players to kill ALL before continue on next area.

Nobody’s stopping you from killing each and every mob to your heart’s content. Kindly don’t impose your arrogant appeal to tedium on the rest of us.

Posted by: Toncora.3247

Toncora.3247

I don’t like it but its not the fault of the players but the way the dungeons are designed.

Posted by: AlietteFaye.7316

AlietteFaye.7316

I don’t know. There are some parts where you can definitely just run past the mobs and they don’t follow. I don’t mind skipping past these stationary mobs that serve no purpose.

twitch.tv/aliettefaye

Posted by: tfwzyko.3516

tfwzyko.3516

if anet didn’t make mobs have 238957223235hp then skipping wouldn’t be a problem.

i enjoyed in guild wars 1, fighting the mobs as it was pretty fun, the dungeon had a specific style to it which always needed different tactics.

but in this game, it’s one brick wall after another, just killing things to get to the end, i feel like i’m playing call of duty…

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

And why exactly whould any1 even bother killing them? Anet made sure to not include a SINGLE skin worth farming in any dungeons the game has.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: seventhson.6932

seventhson.6932

Nobody’s stopping you from killing each and every mob to your heart’s content. Kindly don’t impose your arrogant appeal to tedium on the rest of us.

You know whats more tedious? Having skipped a large portion of mobs and then having players die on a boss and not being able to run back cause they cant get past the mobs that were skipped, this happens alot in TA. Its a hell of a lot more tedious than actually having killed the mobs.

Besides lately it seems these mobs are dropping alot of blues and greens which is money. Please tell me what MMO you have ever played where they made the trash mobs in a dungeon actually worth killing? Other MMO’s just have really long leashes on the trash mobs making you kill them, your arrogance in expecting more from simple trash mobs like high rare drops or more money is laughable and wont happen……If you don’t like to kill the trash mobs as the developers intended then don’t run the dungeons, simple. Don’t impose your arrogant appeal in expecting players to just skip trash mobs all the time, because most people don’t like to do that for the reason I stated above.

However, the HP of all mobs in dungeons seems a tad high at the moment, not unreasonably high but could be adjusted, which is easily fixable.

(edited by seventhson.6932)

Posted by: seventhson.6932

seventhson.6932

And why exactly whould any1 even bother killing them? Anet made sure to not include a SINGLE skin worth farming in any dungeons the game has.

I will tell you why, because that is the design of the dungeon, if you dont it like then running dungeons is probably not for you, thats how all dungeons in MMO’s are designed. Have you never ran dungeons in any other MMO ever? Personally I like alot of the skins for tokens from dungeons, which makes them worth running, everthing else you get in them is gravy, and they even just added a karma reward as well.

(edited by seventhson.6932)

NightyNight.1823

Aha..you’ll run a 4 hours Arah dungeon for 20 silver and 60 tokens?:)) You must have a lot of time on your head.

Posted by: Venirto.4208

Venirto.4208

How about giving the trash mobs a chance to drop 0-2 dungeon tokens? Or even 1 token, but anyting to make the fight worth the time.

Lightrayne.7829

@seventhson

The point I think Asagi was trying to make for some of us is that someone was trying to tell us how to play the dungeons. I’ve made a large post above explaining that skipping is an option, but for some reason, people irresponsibly use this option in PuG groups and suffer the consequences. I skip mobs with my dungeon team because we already know the ins and outs of the dungeon after running it normally SEVERAL times, and we don’t die ahead like some people do in random PuGs. Like I said in my post, if anyone wants to run things a certain way, they should run with that kind of group. However, they should NOT define how other players should prefer the dungeon experience. Everyone has their own preference and deserve to play with people that have that same preference.

Using AC as an example, we always hit the champion and legendary gravelings because they specifically drop coin loots that can be enhanced by omnom bars. We skip all the other unnecessary things because killing those specific bosses/boss groups generates significantly and reliably more income than killing trash.

In your post, you gave a good example of a mechanic that forced people into killing trash. That’s good design that clearly shows that the developers intended for trash to be killed. However, in its current state, GW2 has a lot of dungeons that don’t force you to fight your way through trash (unless you die by skipping, of course).

In AC, we learned how to skip the spider queen, time the traps, and run past the gravelings to deactivate the traps. This is done by only killing spiders on the way to the trap hall door, having one person follow the graveling patrol through the traps (hugging the right wall, traveling to each gap as the traps fade in/out), and when the last set of traps disappear, this person uses some combination of stability, speed boon, leap or blink ability to pass the gravelings as they turn around. These are all game mechanics and requires precise timing. (Disclaimer: Please DO NOT try this in unorganized/PuG groups. I’m just trying to make a point here. It seems we have enough problems with poor decisions in PuG groups already.)

We brought a dev in several times, so he could see how we did this. He agrees it’s not an exploit, since the queen is a dynamic event and we used normal methods to cross the traps. On another note, Rob replied to a post about skipping Kholer, pretty much saying it’s not an exploit and people have valid reasons on why they should do so. They realize it’s happening and they will try to find some way to provide incentive for not skipping content. From these two instances, it seems that the devs probably did intend for people to clear the mobs, but because of a few flaws, it is discouraging players from killing the mobs. Knowing this helps them realize that they need to do something about it.

I personally feel bad about skipping the mobs because I understand that effort was put into designing the skills, AI, and placement of those mobs. I’m going to go ahead and speculate that they might use GW1’s loot drop rate/quality for the trash mobs to encourage players to slow down their dungeon clear times, making it harder to hit the DR. I would gladly fight trash mobs if something like this, if nothing better, is implemented.

One more thing: For those of you who like to fight mobs, do you actually clear every inch of the dungeon, even those mobs that are not on the main path (especially in other MMOs)? If not, aren’t you technically skipping mobs? If your response is something like: “It’s not in the way” or “it’s not required”, then I would say that you have proven that skipping mobs is an option. While I don’t speak for the others who skip mobs, I feel it is not necessary to clear mobs that don’t stop you from your objective. They are not required. As a person that skips mobs because of my belief in the flaw of dungeon design and as a person that communicates this problem to a dev, I believe, in its current state, dungeon mob skipping is an option that is decided by the player. The irresponsible use of this option is also the fault of this player if they do not coordinate with the rest of the group. Again, we have our own preferences and reasoning of how we approach dungeons, so join/create a group of people who share the same perspective, and please don’t dictate that for other players.

Sorry for the long read, but I felt a polite, substantial debate was in order. :P

NightyNight.1823

Thers no debate.You’d have to be insane to waste hours for nothing !

Posted by: Frvwfr.4307

Frvwfr.4307

Why skip them?

Because you get nothing of actual value for it.

Think about this:

It takes ~ 1 hour to do a dungeon if you kill all the mobs.
It takes ~20 minutes if you skip stuff

Killing all stuff: Rewards end items, +~20s worth of loot/money.
Skipping: End items.

You can get 3 runs of skipping things in, in the time of one run killing everything. This grants you a 3-1 ratio of end-items. Yes, you lose 20s. But I do believe that 60 ascalonian tears is worth 20s coins.

That is why people skip. More profit, and more fun.

Not as stupid waiting there for something with 9001 health/toughness to die.

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Elite mobs (silver rimmed) hit harder than many Bosses.
Elite mobs almost always spawn in packs of 4 – 6
Elite mobs often chaincast more Crowd Control skills than Epic bosses
Elite mobs sometimes walk right through wards or ignore entire skill mechanics.
Elite mobs are always tougher than level 80 Veteran mobs in normal PvE.
Elite mobs deal damage 2-3x greater than those Veterans regardless of level-scaling.
Elite mobs’ stats aren’t scaled down appropriately either to the recommended level of the dungeon

…yet…

• They have drop tables based exclusively on their down-scaled level instead of their actual Combat/Damage & HP stats level … which means they typically drop low-tier materials or gear
  • They often don’t drop any materials … least of all “fine” Blue crafting materials that scads of normal PvE mobs constantly drop.
  • They don’t drop money often and when they do, it’s the same amount of copper that normal mobs drop.
  • They rarely ever drop rares, and when they do, it would have been much much faster to have simply filled up on MF% gear instead and gone “herding” up a bunch of regular PvE mobs instead that pose much less threat to even unskilled players. <— meanwhile MF% gear in Dungeons is considered a huge Faux Pas

PS: I’m torn on the running part. I was a huge fan of Running/“Taxi” in GW1 and wrote guides on it. If you have the skill to actually be a great runner, I think Anet supports your decision so long as you’re doing it because it’s exciting and a nice alternative to grind. I can’t stand however… some of these Pugs that assume everyone wants to do it in every single team when some of us came to see the entire path instead of just parts of it.

It’s even worse when they don’t wait up, & and don’t equip support skills that would help their teammates who aren’t used to the run. ….people like that have no business being in Dungeons and need to go back to solo-farming

(edited by ilr.9675)

Posted by: lcpdragonslayer.7895

lcpdragonslayer.7895

Almost every AC run I’ve done has skipped Kholer. Why? Well sometimes it glitches anyway so you don’t even unlock the waypoint and get the chest. And let’s say you do – yay, I got a blue rifle, a white chainmail helm and a tonic from the chest. How rewarding.

Almost every TA run I’ve done we’ve skipped half the dungeon in different parts. Hounds, husks, spiders, the final run before the two wardens or three knights & Leurent. It’s hell for people who die at boss and have to run back because there are so few WPs in TA, and I try my best to insist that we kill at least all the hounds and the first husk. But people skip them because they’re easy to skip and because earning 60 tokens in a 30-minute U/U run is better than earning 60 tokens in a 90-minute U/U run. Would you rather be paid $60 for half an hour of work or $60 for one and a half hours of work?

When you have a system where you only get your payload at the very end, people want to rush to the end. I don’t mind stopping to take care of mobs and bosses, but I think more PuGs would be willing to do the same if they had a chance to drop one or two tokens, or even dropped a green every once in a while. But why would people feel compelled to stop and kill stuff if every time they fight a mob, all they get is a piece of loot that hogs invo space and sells back to the vendor for 2 copper?

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

I will tell you why, because that is the design of the dungeon, if you dont it like then running dungeons is probably not for you, thats how all dungeons in MMO’s are designed. Have you never ran dungeons in any other MMO ever? Personally I like alot of the skins for tokens from dungeons, which makes them worth running, everthing else you get in them is gravy, and they even just added a karma reward as well.

I’m refering to skins trash mobs drop… All i do is dungeons and guess what? All the armors/weapons i wanted (from tokens) i already have for over a month. Now you know why i skip mobs? To beat the dungeon as fast as possible, get my useless reward cough tokens (since i have nothing to get with tokens anymore), purple numbers so called Karma that serves for nothing if you aren’t going for legendaries (and yes i have the 42k karma armor) and a pathetic amout of silver. And no, other than gw1 i haven’t played another mmo and don’t care about mmo’s… love gw style and all that korean grind crap can f off.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

There really is no point of fighting trash in this game heres why. They barely have any functions and to top it off they have huge health making it very tiresome to kill them over and over again oh and they drop nothing interesting but anet is looking into this

Posted by: ProAlex.4723

ProAlex.4723

OP, go kill every mob in Arah path 4. See you in a year.

Posted by: Zefiris.8297

Zefiris.8297

It takes ~ 1 hour to do a dungeon if you kill all the mobs.
It takes ~20 minutes if you skip stuff

No, in pugs it takes 30 minutes to do the run, 28minutes with skipping, and 40 minutes because half the group died/is still fighting while the other half ran ahead and is now waiting there while the rest fights. It’s the skippers that waste time.

A few days ago someone would always run ahead without saying a word, then wait after the skip point, fully knowing that two people had never done the dungeon before and didn’t know how to skip.

THAT is the problem. Skipping works in groups that know each other. In pugs, skippers are usually selfish and terrible players that wouldn’t know what teamplay was if you slapped them with a book on teamplay in the face. That’s why people dislike skipping.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

GW2 needs an LFG Dungeon tool, with a check box for “speed run/skip mobs.” Those who check the box would be paired with people of like mind, as would those who want the scenic route. If I were ANet, I’d then look at ways to make not skipping the mobs desirable and monitor the checked versus unchecked numbers to make sure my adjustments were actually enticing people. There have been many suggestions, but improved drop tables, random occasional token drops and increased virtual cash drops seem good.

GW2 was supposed to be about not having to wait to have fun. Unfortunately, many mechanics (dungeon mobs being worthless and time consuming, mobs in Orr being unchallenging but annoying) seem oriented more around making things take time rather than being fun. If I were ANet, I’d be taking a hard look at my plan, and factoring in that people DO want rewards, that long =/= hard and that something needs to change.

Posted by: Bukkebruse.2810

Bukkebruse.2810

>GW2 was supposed to be about not having to wait to have fun.
And then they didn’t even add a cross-server LFG tool

Posted by: zencow.3651

zencow.3651

OP, go kill every mob in Arah path 4. See you in a year.

Path 4 is would take officially longer than Fissure of Woe, Underworld and Domain of Anguish from GW1 COMBINED if you were to try to kill all the mobs. (okay exaggerating a bit but you get what I mean.)

Quasi-elitist dungeoneer and missing Gw1 GvGs greatly.
“GW2’s PvE is almost as bad as the PvP.”

Posted by: Supervillain.8617

Supervillain.8617

I honestly don’t mind skipping enemies in dungeons, but the arguments in favor of it really irritate me. “It’s usually not necessary” is the forefront, implying that everything beyond will go smoothly, and anyone who gets downed or defeated will be revived to avoid the hassle of running back to rejoin the group. More often than not though, in my experience, the skipped enemies either get pulled into the next fight, or the group ends up getting wiped out because there’s less room to maneuver, or a couple members opt to use a waypoint, meaning they most likely get defeated running back, or put the rest at risk by pulling the skipped enemies into the fight.

I understand the reasoning behind it. For one dungeon run, sure, it’s great, but most groups I see prefer to run multiple paths in a dungeon. For the majority of dungeons, blazing through and successfully skipping every non-vital fight only results in a greater potential of encountering the diminished returns, unless they take a break between paths. Doesn’t that defeat the purpose of skipping enemies to save time?

Posted by: shonn.5037

shonn.5037

this is a easy fix for the game if you dont want people to do speed runs … put up more doors .. if you dont kill “mob X” then the door stays shut…. kinda like SE path 1 has all thouse barriors around the first boss robot you cant run past every thing , because the mobs will stack up on u .
but yes most of the mobs (trash ones ) have too much HP. a little balancing would be nice.
chests for killing bosses needs to be more than a blue and white item..

Lightrayne.7829

I honestly don’t mind skipping enemies in dungeons, but the arguments in favor of it really irritate me. “It’s usually not necessary” is the forefront, implying that everything beyond will go smoothly, and anyone who gets downed or defeated will be revived to avoid the hassle of running back to rejoin the group. More often than not though, in my experience, the skipped enemies either get pulled into the next fight, or the group ends up getting wiped out because there’s less room to maneuver, or a couple members opt to use a waypoint, meaning they most likely get defeated running back, or put the rest at risk by pulling the skipped enemies into the fight.

I understand the reasoning behind it. For one dungeon run, sure, it’s great, but most groups I see prefer to run multiple paths in a dungeon. For the majority of dungeons, blazing through and successfully skipping every non-vital fight only results in a greater potential of encountering the diminished returns, unless they take a break between paths. Doesn’t that defeat the purpose of skipping enemies to save time?

Skipping mobs should only be for people that can reliably avoid the consequences. Suffering the consequences implies that they need to memorize the enemy placement, the leash range, etc. This option is best used on organized teams who practice this.

As far as I know, AC is the only one that doesn’t get hurt through DR, in terms of coin, much because of the consistent 5s and 15s drop from the champion (detha path has 2) and legendary graveling, respectively. With omnom bars, this is a total of about 28s (35s on detha path), which is 54s total with the normal dungeon rewards without DR. Running all three unique paths, this is about 1.5g in an hour before DR hits. At the very least, even with DR, you are making 28s per run, which takes 15-20mins minimum. This is without exploiting and just skipping unnecessary mobs. We took a dev with us to confirm this.

Posted by: deanmachine.3581

deanmachine.3581

usually i would agree with the o.p. but on this game i find it hard to. Past mmorpg’s i have loved going into big dungeons where the mobs respawn every few minutes just to get a specific loot or drops. I have loved going in because whilst they have relatively high agro and attack making it hard to solo, they also have relatively moderate h.p so can kill by yourself.

This dungeon however i think most will agree is very time consuming. The mobs have just as high h.p as the bosses and it is extremely boring going in killing everything. To make it worse when you do decide to kill every mob in sight what do you get for it? The drops on this game are awful, particularly for level 80’s who only enter dungeons to get the tokens for their exotic armour skins.

You would have thought that anet would have made the mobs drop at least something worthwhile… tokens? Exotic skins? Even rare skins that you cannot craft? But no. Instead all you get is a pile of junk that you just end up selling for 20silver. Worth the extra hour of grinding? I THINK NOT!

Give players the incentive to grind their way through dungeons. But don’t go blaming the level 80’s who only go into dungeons to get different skins to give themselves something to do past level 80

Posted by: rinzler.4908

rinzler.4908

Then make it rewarding!

Posted by: noobftw.9654

noobftw.9654

Am I the only one who isn’t a fan of this? It seems like all the dungeon runs I do now have people who want to run past huge packs of mobs to rush to the next part. Only thing is most of the time this never works and we end up spending more time/money than it’s worth. I’m kind of hoping they fix this by making mobs have an infinite or unbreakable “leash” forcing you to fight your way through. But then again….that’s just my opinion. How do others feel?

second this. To make things even better, let Anet release a patch that blocks player from using WP / portal going to next map before s/he clear all mobs in current one. As OP said, these mobs are placed there for a reason, and we must KILL EVERYTHING.

Posted by: mosspit.8936

mosspit.8936

Just because trash are placed at wherever there are DOESN’T mean you have to kill them. Join parties that specified not skipping trash. Problem solved.

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

Just because trash are placed at wherever there are DOESN’T mean you have to kill them. Join parties that specified not skipping trash. Problem solved.

No one in their right mind would wish not to skip trash mobs, that’s just common sense. Take a look at gw2lfg and try to just find one ad that says that. (I bet it’d be a miracle)

The OP might be trying to take the high ground but frankly I doubt he’d really opt to waste a bunch of extra time and effort himself just killing trash mobs with no real gain.

Posted by: Arlo.2149

Arlo.2149

what if anet made it so every mob you kill gives you a stacking MF buff

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

what if anet made it so every mob you kill gives you a stacking MF buff

MF doesn’t apply to chests, this point is [Moot].

Posted by: Jaga.2084

Jaga.2084

I’d skip the bosses too because blue loot isn’t worth the effort. I used to like killing all the mobs, but after you’ve done the dungeon a few times you just want the end reward. It’s usually the only thing worth the time. Most skipping PuGs are terrible, but I want my dungeon armor set this year. Some dungeons already taking so extremely much time if you run it with a low dps group. I don’t want to waste my whole spare time for 60 tokens and a few silver. I have to do a dungeon like 23 times. Today I had to make a group leave a dungeon, because they needed to much time. I had an hour to spare, but we couldn’t do it in time. Bam, 5 people, 1 hour, no reward. Good times.

Posted by: mosspit.8936

mosspit.8936

No one in their right mind would wish not to skip trash mobs, that’s just common sense. Take a look at gw2lfg and try to just find one ad that says that. (I bet it’d be a miracle)

The OP might be trying to take the high ground but frankly I doubt he’d really opt to waste a bunch of extra time and effort himself just killing trash mobs with no real gain.

I personally will not be so absolute about it. If a newcomer were to try dungeons, imo they have a reason to fight trash, which is to adds to whole dungeon experience. And clearing trash facilitates wp respawning (when out of combat of course).

People have their own reasons to play dungeons the way they want. I don’t see the reason to corner ppl into following a specific playstyle when the choice of running dungeons via skipping OR clearing trash exists.

Posted by: Vos.3086

Vos.3086

In the end its all down to the party you have if your running with a weak group some parts might be worth skipping some might not use a bit of common sense if its not working skip it if its working keep it up but don’t run in and do the same thing that has not worked the last 100 times.

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

You know whats more tedious? Having skipped a large portion of mobs and then having players die on a boss and not being able to run back cause they cant get past the mobs that were skipped, this happens alot in TA. Its a hell of a lot more tedious than actually having killed the mobs.

fortunately this has been fixed with the new WP system.