Slothasor

Slothasor

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

Maybe it’s a really fashionable sloth that challenges you to look more stylish. Those minions are cuter than half the asurans people make.

Slothasor

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

You guys take your raid business far too seriously. It’s a game after all.

Slothasor

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

This is gonna be interesting (i hope)

LOL at the image

Slothasor

Posted by: Nephar.3746

Nephar.3746

Imagine if that thing was at Khazad-dum bridge instead of a balrog.. would u watch the rest of the movie? i mean… atmosphere has its impact..

Slothasor

Posted by: adozu.6398

adozu.6398

looks like something i would expect to see in monster hunter…

considering they said at some point they took inspiration from MH for some animations i guess maybe i’m not too far off.

Slothasor

SlyDevil.3952

Imagine if that thing was at Khazad-dum bridge instead of a balrog.. would u watch the rest of the movie? i mean… atmosphere has its impact..

Then again how many sloths live deep underground where dwarves dug too deep? If gandalf was running across a tree branch and got kittened up by a sloth, I’d probably keep watching.

Heh, a sloth accidentally grabbing gandalf and they both fall to their deaths.

Slothasor

Posted by: Minx.7521

Minx.7521

It has 10 Googolplexplexplex HP and you have 8 minutes to try to kill it, and all it’s friends, before it ‘burps backwards’, kills everyone and nukes LA.

like you mean fart?

Slothasor

Posted by: Paul Ella

Previous

Paul Ella

Producer

Next

During the Rectification of the Vuldronaii, the Traveler came as a large and moving Torb! Then, during the Third Reconciliation of the Last of the Meketrex Supplicants, they chose a new form for him, that of a giant Slothasor! Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of a Slothasor that day, I can tell you!

Slothasor

Posted by: Eulolia.2467

Eulolia.2467

During the Rectification of the Vuldronaii, the Traveler came as a large and moving Torb! Then, during the Third Reconciliation of the Last of the Meketrex Supplicants, they chose a new form for him, that of a giant Slothasor! Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of a Slothasor that day, I can tell you!

canon

Subscribe for exciting guild wars 2 videos! https://www.youtube.com/user/eulololia/

Slothasor

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

well at least a good roasting kills a man quickly instead of drawing it out like rotting in a sarlacc for 1000 years

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Slothasor

Posted by: obastable.5231

obastable.5231

Questions!

Are the Grublings some form of Vinz Clortho and Zuul, or are those two yet to be revealed?

Will Gozer take on a different form for a future fight (one with marshmallows maybe)?

Most importantly! Do we get lasers? If so, can we cross the streams?

Is the release date for this, by any chance, April 1st?

Hello Kitty Krewe
“Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare!”

Slothasor

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

More lore and better story than GW2 from the start to HoT’s finish. I applaud you.

Slothasor

Posted by: Mosferre.1246

Mosferre.1246

@Paul Ella – Does that mean at the start of the fight, we all shout “Get Her!” and then cross the beams?

I came, I saw, I continued watching as I’m a newbie…

Slothasor

Posted by: MoarChaos.8320

MoarChaos.8320

God this boss is terrible! Those shoes with that outfit and hairstyle?! And she even tripped on the runway shakes head. Didn’t she know that thee Gorseval was going to be here? Hmph.

Sloths live in the jungle? Nice try Areanet! I saw a sloth in a zoo. :<

• satire sticker *

Slothasor

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

If so, can we cross the streams?

Nope, you will cause a thermonuclear thermomagical explosion if you cross the streams.

Slothasor

Previous

Paul Ella

Producer

Next

“Get Her!”

That’s your entire strategy?

Slothasor

SlyDevil.3952

“Get Her!”

Basically everything sabetha pug.

Slothasor

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

“Get Her!”

There’s definitely a very slim chance we’ll survive.

I love this plan! I’m excited to be a part of it! LET’S DO IT!

Slothasor

Previous

Paul Ella

Producer

My Slothasor experiences so far.

OK so we all know the plan. I mean what could possibly go wrong? Charge!!!!!
(grinding, rending noise)
Well, yes now you think it through it’s pretty obvious that could happen!
(burning, gurgling, sobbing sounds)
I’ll be honest, I didn’t see that coming!
(exploding, wheezing, soft whimpering noises)
I want my mommy

Seriously though, I think you will enjoy the challenge.

Slothasor

Posted by: Crell.6401

Crell.6401

“Get Her!”

There’s definitely a very slim chance we’ll survive.

I love this plan! I’m excited to be a part of it! LET’S DO IT!

“Never tell me the odds!”

Slothasor

Posted by: Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yelloweyedemon.2860

Well for one I’m with Anet here.

You guys finally realized that you simply can’t create actual challenging content and at least you made the bosses appearance reflect the game’s difficulty.

Kudos!

PS: Inb4 GW2 raid wing #4 final boss is a giant kitten, or a walking internet meme…

This game..

Slothasor

Posted by: BloodyNine.7504

BloodyNine.7504

My Slothasor experiences so far.

OK so we all know the plan. I mean what could possibly go wrong? Charge!!!!!
(grinding, rending noise)
Well, yes now you think it through it’s pretty obvious that could happen!
(burning, gurgling, sobbing sounds)
I’ll be honest, I didn’t see that coming!
(exploding, wheezing, soft whimpering noises)
I want my mommy

Seriously though, I think you will enjoy the challenge.

Well ya, of course. The mechanics of the fight are going to be completely independent of the visuals. You could make an almost impossible fight in which the boss is a pink my little pony that shoots rainbows and kittens(real ones, not swear words) at you. Along with a choir chanting hang in there in the background with some ukulele.

That doesn’t mean you should. That would be funny and all. But that is what it is, a funny joke. Maybe I do take this too serious. But raid content, difficult content, should feel grand and intimidating. A sleepy sloth, no matter how hard it smashes my head into jelly still just feels silly. I don’t want silly. Not in raids. I want intense, intimidating, crap your pants inducing encounters with creatures from my nightmares.

Slothasor

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

But raid content, difficult content, should feel grand and intimidating. A sleepy sloth, no matter how hard it smashes my head into jelly still just feels silly.

You have literally no idea what the boss does. It may start asleep and ramp up to a very exciting and very compelling boss fight, and it may make a lot of sense in the context of the fight and what ANet was trying to achieve with the mechanics. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: we have undead gorilla bosses in-game, we can have sloth-based monsters too.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Slothasor

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

But raid content, difficult content, should feel grand and intimidating. A sleepy sloth, no matter how hard it smashes my head into jelly still just feels silly.

You have literally no idea what the boss does. It may start asleep and ramp up to a very exciting and very compelling boss fight, and it may make a lot of sense in the context of the fight and what ANet was trying to achieve with the mechanics. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: we have undead gorilla bosses in-game, we can have sloth-based monsters too.

The sloth can be shooting disintegration rays from its eyes…..but it’s still a sloth. I’d expect a boss battle like this in a game of DnD as a joke fight (difficulty and mechanics set aside). So yeah, it’s no surprise that you got a wall of complaints of bad design when we’ve seen such beautiful encounters designed before in earlier chapters of the game. That, and we’re talking about players who invented the phrase Fashion Wars 2. Of course we’re gonna gripe when presented with lazy design (pun not intended).

Slothasor

BloodyNine.7504

That is true. I don’t know. I am sure the thing wakes up and destroys us all. I am sure the mechanics will likely be fun and in the end I will have a good time. Maybe the thing over the course of the fight mutates into something truly terrifying. That would be great. Though if it remains a sloth with beady red eyes. Even if it crushes us, it still feels like fluff. To me at least.

To your last point. I would rather fight 10 sloths than one gorilla. Those things will F you up. They are 500 lbs of muscle that would shred you like tissue paper if they were so inclined. Walking through the jungle and I hear a noise behind me. I would much rather see a sloth than a gorilla. So to use that comparison doesn’t track for me. A gorilla is an intimidating creature.

Slothasor

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

And it was an undead Gorilla. Hardly a joke design.

Sure the Sloth might be intimidating. We dont know. But those adds…. Can you honestly say those are serious? Its one thing creating something that doesnt seem all that imposing at first glance. Its another when you create completely unrealistic and absurd creatures that look even more absurd than they sound. Mammal/insect hybrid… Ok, im sure it can be done in way that can be satisfying with enough creativity. But just slapping a mammals head on a grub…. How the hell does that skeletal structure even work? Also why does a Sloth have Slublings anyway? Wouldnt it make more sense just to give it a reason to have large grubs in the fight. You know, as a symbiotic relationship.

I dont know why this bothers me so much. Maybe its because theres a limit to how absurd you can be in a fantasy game without completely losing all seriousness. Or maybe its because i dont like things that dont make sense. Or at least cannot be explained with “sensible” lore.

(edited by spoj.9672)

Slothasor

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

hello dragons, unicorns, chimaeras, sphinxes, xmen/villains, predator/alien, star wars’ animal encyclopedia, any number of fantasy books with other creatures i dont know anything about…………..

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Slothasor

spoj.9672

Yeah and none of them are quite as absurd as a grub with a sloths head. Most Chimeras ive seen join the animal parts in ways that look right or make some sense.

Anyway its a matter of opinion. And im clearly not the only one that thinks this might be going a bit too far on the ridiculous side. I will hold final judgements until i see it for myself.

Im merely pointing out my distaste for over the top absurdity in a game which wasnt originally developed as a gag fest. And i sincerely hope im pleasantly surprised by what i see when wing 2 is eventually released in 2020. Although i cant see that happening for the adds unless they redesign them (or the tease was fake).

(edited by spoj.9672)

Slothasor

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Pretty obvious:

1st Boss: Sid
2nd Boss: Diego
3rd Boss: Manni

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Slothasor

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

And it was an undead Gorilla. Hardly a joke design.

Undead gorilla or Canthan gorilla, we have no context for whether Slothasor is natural, infused with ley line energy, imbued with Mordremoth’s energy, an Inquest experiment, or what. “Inquest experiment gone awry” would be a perfect explanation for every part of its design, for instance, and based on whatever the Inquest did to create it I’d consider that a very serious design. You’re jumping to many conclusions about the creature and its adds without knowing literally anything about it other than how they look. Slublings may seem very strange, but I doubt it’ll go unexplained. There will be journal entries, or NPC dialogue, or something to justify it, and it’ll be fine.

Seriously, though, if the aesthetic appeal of this boss is the #1 complaint about the upcoming raid wing I’ll call it an unbridled success.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Slothasor

BloodyNine.7504

Seriously, though, if the aesthetic appeal of this boss is the #1 complaint about the upcoming raid wing I’ll call it an unbridled success.

This is the internet! It wont be.

Slothasor

Posted by: MadRabbit.3179

MadRabbit.3179

I just thought it was a metaphor for their ability to produce balance changes and content.

Rehabilitated Elementalist. Now, trolling the Thief forums with my math.

Slothasor

spoj.9672

You’re jumping to many conclusions about the creature and its adds without knowing literally anything about it other than how they look. Slublings may seem very strange, but I doubt it’ll go unexplained. There will be journal entries, or NPC dialogue, or something to justify it, and it’ll be fine.

This is my entire point. In the case of Slublings they look totally stupid and make no logical sense. Even if they explain them as some inquest experiment where they combined Sloth with Grub. It still wouldnt sit well with me. Im sorry but I really dislike things that get justified with completely illogical explanations and not even an attempt at creating some kind of semi realistic scientific fantasy reason in games like this (good serious lore and detailed backgrounds). GW has always prided itself in detailed lore and backstories. Im concerned about how they are going to explain this.

And as MadRabbit mentioned above me. It does very well seem like a metaphor to their game as of late.

(edited by spoj.9672)

Slothasor

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

You’re jumping to many conclusions about the creature and its adds without knowing literally anything about it other than how they look. Slublings may seem very strange, but I doubt it’ll go unexplained. There will be journal entries, or NPC dialogue, or something to justify it, and it’ll be fine.

Huh, it’s as if we’re complaining about the lack of communication on why the choice for a mascot for a raid boss. But surely, we’ve never run into a situation where we have been left in the dark about something the developers were/are working on. /s

In all seriousness though. We get these teaser screenshots of a sloth…with Z’s…and told that’s one of the new raid bosses. On top of that you got these hideous sloth-worm hybrid things. The mechanics may be fantastic and the best encounter ever, but at the end of the day we’re still fighting a sloth and his sloth-esque minions. The boss being created because of being blasted by Ley Line energy? Okay, thanks for the insightful lore that possibly explains his origins.

Oh, there’s no doubt about that in regards to the #1 complaint. The #2 and #3 complaints will probably be the same “lame rewards” and “hard to find a team”. As Spoj put it, the design may as well be a metaphor for the game. We’ve seen the Bazaar of the Four Winds, the final fight in the HoT chapters, and other beautiful drawn fights. Needless to say we’re disappointed at what we’ve been presented thus far. Did we really need such pitiful teaser photos? Honestly, I would have rather waited another month or two to at least get some trailer of sort. So yeah, the reactions on this thread are completely appropriate for the amount of effort that was put into sneak peak,

Next you’re going to tell me the the DMV scene in Zootopia drew inspiration from their observations of the Anet dev team.

Slothasor

MadRabbit.3179

Next you’re going to tell me the the DMV scene in Zootopia drew inspiration from their observations of the Anet dev team.

I’m pretty sure if we trace back the development process of this raid boss to the starting inspiration, this had something to do with it. Just saying; I don’t believe much in coincidence.

It is a great way to troll your user base at the end of the day though and that’s whats really important.

Slothasor

BloodyNine.7504

Did we really need such pitiful teaser photos? Honestly, I would have rather waited another month or two to at least get some trailer of sort.

I don’t have the source handy. But I was under the impression we were going to see the next wing released before the next quarterly update. I think it was one of the Friday streams. I will try and find it.

Slothasor

MadRabbit.3179

Did we really need such pitiful teaser photos? Honestly, I would have rather waited another month or two to at least get some trailer of sort.

I don’t have the source handy. But I was under the impression we were going to see the next wing released before the next quarterly update. I think it was one of the Friday streams. I will try and find it.

If that is the case and it’s not the content patch, then I feel hope. A small, tiny bit of hope that is waiting to be stomped out like a bug when I find out the content patch is the raid boss Pugsar the Eternal.

Attachments:

Slothasor

BloodyNine.7504

Slothasor

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

Omg it’s cute I don’t wanna kill it….. Can it bcome friends?

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

Slothasor

Posted by: Malchior.1928

Malchior.1928

Slublings and Slothasor are obviously not-so-distant cousins of Lupicus Giganticus. /thread

[QQ] A Quaggan in Arah

Slothasor

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

I’m sure there will be much more complaints after the release, but I wouldn’t call something a success if there is such a huge backlash from community – the reason is irrelevant at this point. Let’s face it, aesthetic appeal is as important as the combat mechanics. Nobody would play a game made of template skeletons just because the combat is nice. And correction of the entire model/animations is probably not possible anymore, unlike any bugged mechanics. So it’s a big deal – players will eternally roll their eyes while playing this part of wing, instead of looking at the content with excitement.

That being said, I truly wanted to end with something positive, but people who paid for the expansion get second (out of three) raid wing almost half a year after the release, so…. no.

Slothasor

Posted by: Mechalibur.9618

Mechalibur.9618

Let’s face it, aesthetic appeal is as important as the combat mechanics.

I disagree 100%. Unless the aesthetics are getting in the way of gameplay, the combat mechanics are far more important.

And come on, this is a game where a legendary shortbow shoots out glitter unicorns. Is a giant sloth really that much of an affront to the game’s aesthetic?

Slothasor

SlyDevil.3952

Yes, I want 8-bit unicorns!

Slothasor

spoj.9672

I disagree 100%. Unless the aesthetics are getting in the way of gameplay, the combat mechanics are far more important.

And come on, this is a game where a legendary shortbow shoots out glitter unicorns. Is a giant sloth really that much of an affront to the game’s aesthetic?

100%? Im sure even you would prefer to fight bosses that look good rather than bad/stupid/silly.

Slothasor

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

It’ll be more embarassing to get crushed by a giant sloth than by a huge, intimidating…. er, thing with a very sexy (and blue) tongue. I suppose that’s kinda the point.
So yeah, not that I should care how bosses look like, we’re still gonna get rekt and never go past n1 unless carried hard! The silver lining… /shrug

Slothasor

Posted by: Mechalibur.9618

Mechalibur.9618

100%? Im sure even you would prefer to fight bosses that look good rather than bad/stupid/silly.

Yes 100%. I’m not saying the visuals are completely pointless, but if they don’t interfere with gameplay, then they’re absolutely on the bottom of my list of what’s important.

And for what it’s worth, I actually don’t think the Slothasor looks stupid or silly. It’s a giant beast with powerful claws, sharp teeth, and elbow spike… things. I think a lot of people just can’t get past sloths in real life aren’t that threatening, even though this one is 40 feet tall and angry.

Slothasor

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

So this thing is real? Not just Anet trolling?

Slothasor

spoj.9672

Yes 100%. I’m not saying the visuals are completely pointless

This is a contradiction. Its not 100% unless you say visuals are completely pointless. :P

Slothasor

Posted by: Reaper.1239

Reaper.1239

Well , i kinda expected this. So far the raid has an Alien Power Ranger, an unhappy monstrosity made up of spinal cords , hands and tongues and a Barbecue Bandit who likes her steak well done and now we have a Giant Sloth who took an extra dose of steroids. I won’t be surprised if the next boss is a Giant clown with 10 faces and an asura as his nose.

In all seriousness, its fine to have a comic relief boss design once in a while but i hope the following bosses are serious and intimidating like say a mursaat maaaaaybeee? Don’t get me wrong, Gorseval had an awesome design and i look forward to more giant, scary challenges.

(edited by Reaper.1239)

Slothasor

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

My laptop gfx card died loling while failing to load image.