So how do i do dungeons?

So how do i do dungeons?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Murderin.8269

Murderin.8269

I never see anyone advertising for dungeons in town, and i don’t see a dungeon finder anywhere.

How do i find a group and does anyone even want a dps warrior?

So how do i do dungeons?

Posted by: Amodin.1092

Amodin.1092

Because Arenanet is for whatever reason, so hard against an LFG in game for dungeons, someone made a website and it has become rather successful for LFG. The website is gw2lfg.com and for my group has produced great results for finding a member or two if we are short.

So how do i do dungeons?

Murderin.8269

Because Arenanet is for whatever reason, so hard against an LFG in game for dungeons, someone made a website and it has become rather successful for LFG. The website is gw2lfg.com and for my group has produced great results for finding a member or two if we are short.

That would be great if it wasn’t full of “looking for experienced players”

It looks like people only want zerker warriors, whatever that is. Im not changing my build and buying more gear to do a dungeon.

So how do i do dungeons?

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

You can find a lot of people not looking for zerker warriors on gw2lfg.com

A lot of people look for experienced players because it makes the run easier and faster. That said, you should still not have too hard of a time finding a group on gw2lfg.com

So how do i do dungeons?

Posted by: Mourningcry.9428

Mourningcry.9428

That would be great if it wasn’t full of “looking for experienced players”

It looks like people only want zerker warriors, whatever that is. Im not changing my build and buying more gear to do a dungeon.

Feel free to post and add whatever requirements you want, i.e. “any class, any level welcome”. You’ll get takers.

So how do i do dungeons?

Posted by: Ioflux.4369

Ioflux.4369

You’re going to want to be more flexible with your “build / gear” if you want to succeed doing dungeons. If not, dungeons are not for you.

So how do i do dungeons?

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

… does anyone even want a dps warrior?

It looks like people only want zerker warriors, whatever that is.

A ‘zerker warrior is a dps warrior. The armor prefix for high level Power/Precision/Critical Damage gear is Berserker. People shorten that to Zerker, as it’s less letters to type.

So how do i do dungeons?

Posted by: Dresden.1736

Dresden.1736

Don’t be afraid to post a LFG of your own. There are many people just like you who are looking for a non-cheese (zerker war) group, and the moment you create one is the moment you get slammed with invite requests.

So how do i do dungeons?

Murderin.8269

You’re going to want to be more flexible with your “build / gear” if you want to succeed doing dungeons. If not, dungeons are not for you.

Sounds like the best answer. I was just looking for a way to make some gold, but it looks like id have to spend all mine to get invited.

So how do i do dungeons?

Murderin.8269

Don’t be afraid to post a LFG of your own. There are many people just like you who are looking for a non-cheese (zerker war) group, and the moment you create one is the moment you get slammed with invite requests.

I don’t really want to be the leader of my first ever dungeon in this game. I have no idea what i’m doing inside one.

So how do i do dungeons?

Ioflux.4369

Sounds like the best answer. I was just looking for a way to make some gold, but it looks like id have to spend all mine to get invited.

If it is your first time entering, its definitely going to be daunting and possibly frustrating depending on who you enter with, especially if its a pug group of all first timers/inexperienced dungeon runners. You aren’t necessarily required to change gear/builds to make it through, but you are going to want to have the mindset that you just might have to switch a few traits and possibly get survivable gear to do the dungeon. Once you’ve gotten enough experience learning the dungeon, Gear / traits wont even matter. You’ve got to give yourself as much of an edge as you can since skill/experience is the most deciding factor of a successful dungeon run.

So how do i do dungeons?

Murderin.8269

If it is your first time entering, its definitely going to be daunting and possibly frustrating depending on who you enter with, especially if its a pug group of all first timers/inexperienced dungeon runners. You aren’t necessarily required to change gear/builds to make it through, but you are going to want to have the mindset that you just might have to switch a few traits and possibly get survivable gear to do the dungeon. Once you’ve gotten enough experience learning the dungeon, Gear / traits wont even matter. You’ve got to give yourself as much of an edge as you can since skill/experience is the most deciding factor of a successful dungeon run.

I have been focused mostly on WvW since i came back to the game. I have full exotic gear, but i run toughness on most of my accessory pieces.

Sounds like the aggro system doesn’t like you when you have toughness. I have no issues doing damage though.

Guess i just need to get lucky and find a group that isn’t so picky.

So how do i do dungeons?

Posted by: Dresden.1736

Dresden.1736

I don’t really want to be the leader of my first ever dungeon in this game. I have no idea what i’m doing inside one.

Being the person who creates the group isn’t the same thing as being the leader. Like I said – there are tons of people just waiting to get into a unpretentious group, but want someone else to take the initiative. I create groups all the time on dungeons I’m very inexperienced in. No one complains because I’m not putting “Experienced Players Only” in my LFG.

So how do i do dungeons?

Murderin.8269

I’m probably going to start an alt here soon. Tired of being the only melee player in all of WvW.

Torn between ele and ranger. Are either of these popular in dungeons?

So how do i do dungeons?

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi everyone,

You can use this website http://gw2lfg.com/ for your dungeon finding purposes. Also, players gather at the gate of the dungeon to form groups sor checking there will help as well if you want to play with people from your server.

Hope this can help you.

So how do i do dungeons?

Posted by: Daemon Hawk.9406

Daemon Hawk.9406

Torn between ele and ranger. Are either of these popular in dungeons?

Eles are more sought than rangers. Rangers are tied up with their pets, moreso than any other class. Pets cannot dodge, nor can they get agony resistance, and so they suffer during some dungeon encounters. Dodging is a core dungeon mechanic. The devs are aware of the issues.

I play a ranger, however, and really like it.

Garik Ravenclaw
Support Beastmaster Ranger
http://garik.fastmail.fm

So how do i do dungeons?

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

This is totally false.

You will find a lot of kittens on Gw2LFG asking for zerker warriors and a mesmer. I have a zerker warrior and a mesmer, but I won’t run with those people. They are FAR too critical. Basically if it takes more than 5 minutes to run COF path 1 they are kitten off.

You don’t want to run with them either.

It takes a little longer but you can find posts from people who are reasonable. Just avoid anyone advertising speed runs, gold farming, or experience.

Alternatively, watch a video on YouTube and join anyway. Avoid the groups that demand gear pinging (yes, they actually do, it’s sad.)

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

(edited by TooBz.3065)

So how do i do dungeons?

Ioflux.4369

This is totally false.

You will find a lot of kittens on Gw2LFG asking for zerker warriors and a mesmer. I have a zerker warrior and a mesmer, but I won’t run with those people. They are FAR too critical. Basically if it takes more than 5 minutes to run COF path 1 they are kitten off.

It takes a little longer but you can find posts from people who are reasonable. Just avoid anyone advertising speed runs, gold farming, or experience.

Alternatively, watch a video on YouTube and join anyway. Avoid the groups that demand gear pinging (yes, they actually do, it’s sad.)

Cof Path 1 isnt the only dungeon…

But yes, feel free to bring in whatever build/weapons/skills you want to a dungeon and hope that your 4 other teammates are more flexible, more experienced, skilled dungeon runners to carry you since coming in unprepared will definitely get you through.

So how do i do dungeons?

TooBz.3065

This is totally false.

But yes, feel free to bring in whatever build/weapons/skills you want to a dungeon and hope that your 4 other teammates are more flexible, more experienced, skilled dungeon runners to carry you since coming in unprepared will definitely get you through.

True, but he asked how to get into dungeons. I assumed (probably incorrectly) he wanted to know how to get started. COF path 1 is by far the easiest and most accessible, at least in part because it is so often farmed.

Also, when someone is new they are going to be carried, at least a little bit.

Also, fair point that not every build is viable in a dungeon. But I don’t think you have to run full Zerker either.

(edited by TooBz.3065)

So how do i do dungeons?

Ioflux.4369

This is totally false.

True, but he asked how to get into dungeons. I assumed (probably incorrectly) he wanted to know how to get started. COF path 1 is by far the easiest and most accessible, at least in part because it is so often farmed.

Also, fair point that not every build is viable in a dungeon. But I don’t think you have to run full Zerker either.

Yeah i don’t recommend him running “full zerker, go mad dps” or whatever to learn. Im merely suggesting that he be open to making several adjustments to learn encounters better since experience and skill are the biggest deciding factor to doing dungeon. Gear/traits/utilities are cushions to dampen the mistakes from learning, Hence why I recommended being a little more open about having to make adjustments to his builds.

So how do i do dungeons?

TooBz.3065

This is totally false.

Yeah i don’t recommend him running “full zerker, go mad dps” or whatever to learn. Im merely suggesting that he be open to making several adjustments to learn encounters better since experience and skill are the biggest deciding factor to doing dungeon. Gear/traits/utilities are cushions to dampen the mistakes from learning, Hence why I recommended being a little more open about having to make adjustments to his builds.

I misunderstood your original post. My bad.