So is it expected of you to know..

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Varian.1435

Varian.1435

all the latest “Gltiches”?

Since i got back, and found out about gw2lfg, Ive got into quit a bit of groups. There hasn’t been 1 where people just do the legit dungeon. Everyone either skips 80% of the trash to get to a boss, which then resets the trash. Or they know of some way to fight a boss that makes it not able to attack anyone. I even got vote kicked out of AC for not knowing i should run up some stairs so the boss will glitch.

Posted by: Churchill.8714

Churchill.8714

Just report them all for being terrible.

Posted by: evolverzilla.2359

evolverzilla.2359

You must report this bug and wait for them to repair. And report the party that kicked you, you just need some names and the time and server. they will analyse the chat logs.

The more you report for bad habits the better this game will be.

Posted by: Tanamoril.4980

Tanamoril.4980

Like most dungeons you can avoid problems by imitating other group members. It’s a good learning technique when you are unsure of what to do. Of course you can always report the vast majority of players who play this way because you feel morally superior to a majority of your peers.

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

ain’t nobody got time for the trash mobs.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Posted by: Sarcasmic.6741

Sarcasmic.6741

Skipping trash is fine and no reason to report. Anet staff has already said that certain encounters are optional, and can be skipped if desired.

Now, glitching a boss fight so it can’t retaliate but still takes damage is an “exploit” and should be reported if you feel inclined to.

Stace (Lv 80 human quickness portal bot) | Sarcasmic (Lv 80 elixir-drunk norn pyro)
Saladtha (Lv 80 salad sidekick to bears) | Dunelle (Lv 80 eviscerating muppet)
Karmell (Lv 80 human might dispenser) | Vast says hi~.

Posted by: Quedes.8546

Quedes.8546

Something similar happened to me yesterday when i was doing CoE path 1. At the last encounter with Subject Alpha I suddenly got kicked and i guess it was because i didn’t know what to do when the other group members wanted me to bug Subject Alpha into some boxes which would prevent him from attacking. Subject Alphas health was around 40 % when I got kicked so i can’t imagine they earned something on kicking me.
I’m sorry for my bad English but it’s not my primary language.

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

People who do that are flat out terrible. Every AC boss is easy as kitten and they can’t use the “in a hurry” excuse because it’s faster to kill him (No time kiting, melee DPS > ranged) legitimately. I don’t see why they’re farming in a game they can’t play.

Yes I’m being blunt/offensive, it’s flat out ridiculous. AC is a dungeon 45 levels lower than the cap, you shouldn’t have to do stuff like this. And you certainly should not be kicking people who don’t.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

Don’t pug, my good man.

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Something similar happened to me yesterday when i was doing CoE path 1. At the last encounter with Subject Alpha I suddenly got kicked and i guess it was because i didn’t know what to do when the other group members wanted me to bug Subject Alpha into some boxes which would prevent him from attacking. Subject Alphas health was around 40 % when I got kicked so i can’t imagine they earned something on kicking me.

Accidentally found that bug, but…really ? I’m sorry but after reading so many posts on subject alpha I can’t believe anyone find him hard in path 1 or 2…Maybe it’s because we generally have 2 guardians when doing this but we don’t even bother to dodge anything.
That’s the main reason why I hate exploits : players aren’t getting better. They simply bug it and then one day, they come crying about another boss with similar mechanics that they can’t exploit.

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

When you’ve done Alpha a gorillion times while farming your 100 lodes, you’ll want him to feature out just to get it over with.

Posted by: Quedes.8546

Quedes.8546

Accidentally found that bug, but…really ? I’m sorry but after reading so many posts on subject alpha I can’t believe anyone find him hard in path 1 or 2…Maybe it’s because we generally have 2 guardians when doing this but we don’t even bother to dodge anything.
That’s the main reason why I hate exploits : players aren’t getting better. They simply bug it and then one day, they come crying about another boss with similar mechanics that they can’t exploit.

I don’t understand why they needed to bug him out either , I’ve done all paths on CoE lot’s of times while farming charged lodestones but my groups have never been forced to exploit any bugs before.

Posted by: ElixireL.5190

ElixireL.5190

I got kicked out of a party when i asked them to go slow. I had warned them I was a newbie outside, but the party leader said he was just doing this for his guild and had no time for newbies, something along those lines. They didn’t like it when I said I would quit the dungeon after dying a few times from traps they could have warned me about.

Another time a guy quit the ream when I said can we do a slow run please. He had no time for that.

From what I ‘ve seen of the dungeons there is nothing there that attracts me particularly . I’ve played a lot of games and I know what I enjoy and what is, to me, good game design. It isn’ t there.

If you’re lucky to find someone experienced who is happy to lead you through it with a good team, they can be fun, but it’s not the kind of thing where intuition will help much. Most of the time you will die from something you weren’ t even aware of. You can dodge some red circles but a lot of stuff instantly kills without warning. Skill won’t get you through, you either know the tricks or you don’t

The difficulty is artificially ramped up through cheap tricks and that’s why players will look for whatever cheat they can use .

Fair play ?

(edited by ElixireL.5190)

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Stop pugging. Find like-minded players and fulfill all your dreams of killing trash mobs, optional bosses and fighting bosses in the slowest ways possible.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

Posted by: ElixireL.5190

ElixireL.5190

When you’ve done Alpha a gorillion times while farming your 100 lodes, you’ll want him to feature out just to get it over with.

This is a serious problem with the game. People should not get rewards for farming the same thing a gorillion times. These players contribute nothing fun to the game.

Either eliminate grind or stop pretending you are, dear ArenaNet.

Posted by: The Blue Ace.2850

The Blue Ace.2850

No one bothers with trash mobs because some of them are just as hard or sometimes even harder than some bosses. Can’t blame them tbh when the dungeon loot sucks. (except the 60 silver you get from completing it, thus why everyone skips to the boss 90% of the time given the chance.)

Players do CoE these days just for charged lodestones. Fact.
You just can’t get these things legit from the TP anymore with the insane prices and lack of places to farm them. That is why you will see players skip mobs in CoE and go stright for the bosses and their chests.

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

This is a serious problem with the game. People should not get rewards for farming the same thing a gorillion times. These players contribute nothing fun to the game.

Either eliminate grind or stop pretending you are, dear ArenaNet.

I ended up running back to back dungeons on my main and alts, every path (save Arah P4) each day for a month. This took a considerable amount of time and felt like even more of a grind than cursed shore. I’m ashamed to say I literally gave a whole month of my life over to doing this. I don’t know how the average player feels about this or has the time.. that kind of gold took alotta time and it was not an enjoyable experience. I was lucky in that I had a very good team to do these, most people, who pug, are never gonna be able to get that kinda money in a time that’s worth it. It’s all about what reward is worth the time input, which is why you see most of the pugs huddled around AC and CoF.

People are running out of ways to make enough money for those inflated legendary precursors, I really hope that scavenger hunt actually gets implemented. Farming in this game will always exist, it’s just becoming less and less rewarding, and we are given less and less options to come up with the money. The new farm these days is dungeons, and some have even gone further than me, and just farm the same dungeon (Eg. CoF path 1) over and over. If you’re not a trading post wiz, and don’t want to take risks, what else can you do? I really don’t blame people for swarming to do these horrible dungeon farms, or skipping trash, they want to get as much as they can before the next nerf hammer.

If I had to offer a solution, it would be to give the dungeons that are considered harder and are less frequented by pugs (eg. Arah P4 etc) more rewards to make them worth the time input. And give trash mobs a real reason to be killed and not skipped.

My advise to anyone trying to make money right now with the dungeons- remember to trade the tokens from 80 dungeons for the 30 token rares and good luck with your RNG salvages. Always run an omnom bar for 40% gold. Run a proper gear sets and traits, always do your best. If you can make that run faster by having better gear and doing the right thing, you are not only benefiting your team, but yourself as well. You have to do ALOT of dungeons, and cutting down any time on them in any way = more profit for you. Run a ( I call them spanner nourishments) sharpening stone, maintenance oil, or slaying potion for the applicable dungeon to increase your effectiveness and bring consumables such as skale oil, ash kits, healing seeds, elemental power for those oh-kitten moments . Get yourself a friends list of people as you pug, that you can call on when needed to create a good team, and if possible, get into a large guild and note the good players. Remember you also have a block list, this is what I use for players that drag the team down, I have no personal problem with them but with the huge amount of dungeons you will be doing, you will run through alot of awful players that will cost you time and money, and you cannot afford to forget their names and take them again by accident.

Oh and most importantly- Be a team player. You are in a dungeon with other players now, its success isn’t just because of you, it’s because of your whole team. Bring skills and builds that have synergy and affect others, selfish builds will only get you so far.

If people want to skip things, make sure they’re up front about it before starting, and if u want to, also make sure that ur party knows beforehand, to avoid problems inside. To efficiently make money, I used the skipping method on most dungeons, useless trash was run past to get to the meat of the place.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

(edited by swiftpaw.6397)

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

So not having to dodge or anything on Subject Alpha makes one a better player? So enemy attack mechanics thwarted by certain classes’ skills are not exploits while using the terrain to that same end result are? Morally superior my behind.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

So not having to dodge or anything on Subject Alpha makes one a better player? So enemy attack mechanics thwarted by certain classes’ skills are not exploits while using the terrain to that same end result are? Morally superior my behind.

What I was implying was :
-a question of gear : if you are dying then maybe wear something that gives you more survivability
-a question of skills (not player skills, character skills) : take whatever you need to help with the fight.

Failing to correctly get what you need in term of skills and gear is not an excuse to glitch the boss.
And how the hell are guardians twarting Alpha mechanics ? We still get hit by each attacks he does when fighting him at melee range, but we use what the game gives us (traits and skills) to reduce the damage and heal ourselves. The fight doesn’t allow us to hit auto attack and go afk, it allows us to survive by correctly using our skills and traits.