So the new Dredge is the Char Fractal?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

@Haviz you don t pug.
You should know that is hard even to ask to let you aggro.
You can t position.

Protection is useless in ascalon with pugs…attack rate+ damage is too high.
I pug fractal daily since release…and i never found myself in a party trying to do this fractal in a tactical way.

At that point you need something extemely easy.

If you consider few groups let you do the pull train when they have 2 mesmers (requires only to let mesmers aggro), you can see why what you say won t work.

How is protection useless? It’s not a buff that has number of uses like arcane shield. It’s continuously active, same as weakness.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

With usual numbers u see on Fractals 50, a 33% less damage won t change anything unless you are a warrior maybe.

Arcane shield saves you from 3 hits.
Protection will save you from 1 at most.

But still i can t see why you have Always to be the keeper of truth.
Your way of playing is not the only one or the best.

May be in your party….
If you want to do a pug run with me one day, i will gladly see your theories applied and if it saves time or not (i will do my part).

For sure you can’t say you have more pug experience than me.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

haviz.1340

I guess mossman hitting ele for 2k at 50 is still too much.

TIL stacking weakness and protection requires coordination.

(edited by haviz.1340)

Posted by: RemiRome.8495

RemiRome.8495

I’m glad Weth took screens before I got around to it. Turns out it would have been a waste of time.

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

With usual numbers u see on Fractals 50, a 33% less damage won t change anything unless you are a warrior maybe.

May be in your party….
If you want to do a pug run with me one day, i will gladly see your theories applied and if it saves time or not (i will do my part).

u wot m8?

Protection doesn’t save you from one hit. I’m guessing Arcane Shield is your “Oh kitten!” utility. That’s fine. Protection however is a flat 33% damage reduction boon. Any competent Guardian in higher tier fractal will be running a hammer on Mossman.

On top of this, with Skale Venom you should have no trouble keeping Weakness on Mossman (or any enemies). That’s a 50% chance at glancing blows…which I think is half or close to half damage reduction. Couple that with protection…pretty awesome.

You can even take it a step further and apply chills to reduce the attack rate by 66% as well. That adds up to less attacks done which hit for about half their damage while your party, with protection up, receives 33% less of that damage.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

You can even take it a step further and apply chills to reduce the attack rate by 66% as well. That adds up to less attacks done which hit for about half their damage while your party, with protection up, receives 33% less of that damage.

It’s actually 40% less attacks. However it has much smaller effect on autoattacks (depends on their cooldown and how often AI attacks).

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Posted by: No Pulse.2967

No Pulse.2967

If you have a PS warrior you can even go as far as stacking frost aura for 10% less damage…

Inactive member in Dark Renegatus [REN]
The Order of Calamity [OOC] is recruiting!
5/8 Champion titles

Saint.5647

Ah fair enough. Ya’ll have done the maths on this stuff. So the 66% reduction in CDs translates into a 40% attack reduction.

I think the point still stands though. The combination of Chill, Prot, and Weakness takes so much pressure off the team. That sort of translates into more endurance because of less big hits to need to evade. So more damage uptime. Of course is also more forgiving for when someone does eat a hit.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

It’s 66% increase in cooldowns. 1/1.66 = 0.6. 1-0.6 = 0.4 → 40% reduction.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Saint.5647

Haha yes. Increase is what I meant. Attacks reduce from CD increase. 40% reduction ain’t bad at all though. Certainly still worth using Chill imo.

Not entirely sure what Byron meant by Protection will only save you from 1 attack but Prot with Chill and Weakness is awesome. I guess maybe if everyone is just yolomoding around it isn’t that useful but even with PuGs you can give them some direction.

Leo you were there for the skinniest guard NA right?

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

No Pulse.2967

Leo you were there for the skinniest guard NA right?

Yep, I was in that run with the stick of a PUG guardian. Still remember you saying: “do you even lift brah?” Hahaha….

5/8 Champion titles

Saint.5647

Haha yes. We missed you in Fractals last night! Had a great group with Nyn, Az, Clumsy, and Lea.

Ended up having to pug a spot down the line though. Had a guy fail the math test O_o

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

LordByron.8369

May be in your party….

u wot m8?

Protection doesn’t save you from one hit. I’m guessing Arcane Shield is your “Oh kitten!” utility. That’s fine. Protection however is a flat 33% damage reduction boon.

Since i use an ele, protection doesn t save me from anything.
I have 12K HP (need 2 in water for vital striking).

Wonder what happens if i get hit once?
I’m mostly at few HP.
If i get hit with protection?
I am at low hp anyway.

Both cases i get hit twice, i die, thus i need to cure to full every single hit i take…..protection doesn t help me.

With mesmer is not that different.

If at 50 i can kill many with icebow4 + a fast rotation while the few npc we have are tanking, why should i try to facetank stuff?

If with mesmer i can pull small groups of mob, why should i risk to be hit?
remember that despite all mages use their opening attack at the first time, they are followed by warriors.

NPC aggro many groups…
That means you either have a coordinated Group or your protection is useless in ascalon fractal.

I asked many time to join me in a PUG run.
As i said i think that some players have their groups, and lose the contact with pug reality where explaining a tactic, may be longer than a Whole fractal (and pugs at 50 are mostly experienced) and you don t have a voice chat.

I still ask you to prove your points doing a full pug run.

P.S. weakness has 50% of reducing the damage not 100%

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

(edited by LordByron.8369)

No Pulse.2967

Wow, Saint, he really wants to run fractals with you…

5/8 Champion titles

haviz.1340

And as I said multiple times, stacking weakness and protection requires no coordination hence can be done by pugs. Also, if weakness had 100% damage reduction you’d get hit for 0 damage.

LordByron.8369

50% chances you get hit for 100%

But i m gonna ignore you until you prove to me you can actually solo PUG and do the stuff you suggest. (3-4 friends and rest pugs is not pugging).

GW2 balance:

haviz.1340

Which makes it 25% damage reduction if you exclude critical hits. So averagely you can achieve 50.25% damage reduction with those two buffs. Now, add to that random dodges, blinds and other forms of active defense like arcane shield or frost aura and your survivability increases more than marginally. Maybe if you stop exaggerating how everything one shots you, you will be able to complete this fractal with less issues.

Alternatively, start being more restrictive when pugging and kick dead weights or start using your friend list made up of people you find decent enough. It’s not hard thing to accomplish.

LordByron.8369

Language barriers are a thing in EU.
You either join an international guild or accept the fact that being able to pug with everyone (elitist and awful pugs) on the long run saves time rather than losing hours looking for a Group.

Point was. if i get hit for less 50% i still have a 50% of being oneshot..a risk i don t want to get.

GW2 balance:

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

I did a 49, had no problems.

Everything up until the Flame Shaman defense played very much the same. We put a little bit more effort to defend, and breezed it.

Sure, the enemy fights are a little tough, and they could 1ko, but that’s part of the fun. We have things like line of sight, blinds, weakness, crowd control, reflects, and so on. It really wasn’t hard for our group to do any of the encounters. A thief and guardian make this really trivial, y’know. Even a necromancer plays quite well here!

What exactly are the complaints?

haviz.1340

There’s no risk in using skale venom or glyph of elemental power to achieve high uptime of weakness. Also, there’s this thing called a friends list.

Saint.5647

I won’t run a full PuG fractal 50 with you because I enjoy my blood pressure where it is. That doesn’t mean you can’t give them a heads up for tactics right before a fight. Sounds like you don’t really know what you’re doing yourself though.

No one said weakness was a 100% dmg reduction but between Weakness and Protection, you are objectively taking less damage. With Chill on foes, you are also taking less damage because of the increased cool downs. This takes some pressure off of your endurance and lets you save your ‘Oh kitten!’ button for when you make a mistake.

No one here is telling you to facetank anything. Look at who’s posting in this thread. It’s not exactly the clericbearbowcoalition. All the advice is pointing to a little bit of effort on your part to have some massive damage reduction. It is possible with PuGs. I used to PuG 100% of the time…of course I would hate to do so again but only because I have better options for 49 and 50.

There are language group settings in the LFG as well. Just use that and make sure you get someone who ‘understand the words comin you of yo mouth’. Or, better yourself as a person and learn enough German and French to play on EU. Who said video games can’t teach you anything?

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

LordByron.8369

The fact i pug max level since release and never been booted or said anything suggest me i m doing my job.

The number of people that i saw quitting when we had a bad guardian or warrior suggests me that its not the same for most of you…..

Do you know how much does it takes even to a speedrunner to explain why LoSing ac P2 boss with a mesmer in party is wrong?

The usual answer is “i read on the forum/i saw on youtube you have to LoS so you are wrong”.

They are the product of this forum….
Act like a parrot and repeat the same button sequence forever…

And that is why i can get fun AND rewards, by playing with pugs (both “speedrunners” and less experienced and i never get complaints).
And instead people that can t adapt have blood pressure issues

Only issue is if the groups doesn t use TS (as 99,9% pugs) you can’t suggest (and i don t even want to) tactics too complex.

P.S. To prove that: you still debate on whatever ignoring that i wrote mesmer has a skill that can reposition opponensts without triggering aggro…. (also GS if you miss will Help…but hey “GS is for noobs” so i m totally wrong)

P.P.S: and as i said you can still be one or 2shot if you have 10-15K HP and low armor.

GW2 balance:

(edited by LordByron.8369)

No Pulse.2967

Except that people on this forum don’t suggest LoSing that boss. Or stacking on top of THAT pile after Spider Queen. Or breaking your camera in THAT Kholer spot.

5/8 Champion titles

haviz.1340

Speedrunners don’t pug.

Posted by: Aphrodesiac.2913

Aphrodesiac.2913

This thread. ._.

LordByron.8369

speedrunners doesn t even attempt to tell other people what to do…

Because what they want is breaking records and they develop their own tactics that often are extremely expensive.

farmers on the other side…..

GW2 balance:

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Farmers are dongs.

edit: Woo! inb4 catification

Posted by: Lucas.9157

Lucas.9157

speedrunners doesn t even attempt to tell other people what to do…

Attachments:

Saint.5647

And instead people that can t adapt have blood pressure issues

You’re a funny man. That right there is half of why I will never PuG. You have to use these ridiculous emote faces to try to soften the blow. They are so averse to any sort of genuine guidance. Of course you can teach them but it costs you so much energy, frustration, and time. I’d rather enjoy my game.

I don’t enjoy PuGs because they have mediocre builds at best, a very rudimentary understanding of the instance and the tactics, and they are not in TS (or refuse to be). All of this is annoying and I don’t feel like dealing with it when I have skilled players to run with.

If you’re referring the LFG ‘speed runners’, they are not speed runners. For all those reasons Leo mentioned. They’re folks who may have seen a video or two and might even be skilled players themselves but they still just ‘copy paste’ strategies without really understanding what they’re doing. These are the ‘stack and no dodge’ crowd that love to needlessly stack and waste time waiting for LoS in pointless spots. Speed Guild runs are just not something you can do with 4 randoms, no prior coordination, and no communication.

If I’ve got a car, why walk 25 miles to work in the rain?

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

(edited by Saint.5647)

Posted by: Tachii.3506

Tachii.3506

The problem I have with this fractal is some of the Mages and the boss’s AoE that hits ridiculously hard has no AoE circles whatsoever, and the AoE stays for like what, at least 5 seconds? :/

SBI – Thief and the occasional Guardian & Warrior.

No Pulse.2967

Tachii, from what I’ve seen, the mages AoE has always circles now. The boss’s Meteor Storm has a huuuuuge red circle (unless you mean his agony attack that he uses in his staff phase, he is glowing before using it so you can see it coming).

5/8 Champion titles

Posted by: Tachii.3506

Tachii.3506

ooo good. I haven’t done a FotM since the Living World update. Glad they got that changed then.

SBI – Thief and the occasional Guardian & Warrior.

Saint.5647

Yes, it’s a lot nicer now. The duration is the same but you have a better idea of the impact area now.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

complaining about difficulty in pugs
: )) ))) )) ))) ))