So those meta builds

So those meta builds

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Apparently builds on gw2dungeons.net aren’t really on date (except Warrior of course).

I suck so I really can’t figure out them so if you guys can check them out and tell what to change (and especially to which).

Thanks.

So those meta builds

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Why don’t you just hit me up ingame? o.o

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

So those meta builds

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

Guard build needs to be updated to 30/20/20/0/0 sword/torch + hammer, burn/glacial heart condi spec in full rabid.

On a more serious note, love the website Weth.

Zelendel

So those meta builds

Posted by: Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Ele needs to be updated to 0 10 0 30 30 full celestial and pvt in a dual dagger setup. Or a full staff healer in full clerics with 0 0 30 30 10. In both builds you use armor of earth, cleansing fire and lightning flash.

Main Elementalist:Train Of Thought
Alt Warrior: Burning Paris
Best Ele build EU.

(edited by Cries Of Sorrow.5864)

So those meta builds

Posted by: TurtleDragon.3108

TurtleDragon.3108

Ranger build needs more bears and bows.

(Serious):
The Ranger builds are fine. Some people may run slightly different weapons on their 2nd set and different pets, but its all situational.

So those meta builds

Posted by: obal.3218

obal.3218

So those meta builds

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

Ele variations are missing, including the 30/30/10/0/0 vuln stacking and 30/20/10/10/0 staff build. Guide here.

The first guardian link (to obal’s thread) includes the most up to date builds, but the third link is to the old 10/30/0/5/25 build, while it should be the new 20/25/0/0/25 build.

The ranger builds are up to date.

I don’t play mes/war/thief, so I can’t comment on those, but I feel like you should include the current engi & necro metas, despite the criticisms against the classes’ uses in dungeons, for those who choose to play them. The engineer meta is 30/30/0/x/x, thread here,, and the necro meta is split between a more PUG-friendly 20/25/0/0/25 ( guide here ) with higher fury uptime and the higher damage 30/25/0/0/15 ( vid here ).

So those meta builds

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

Mes is 0/30/0/25/15 for reflects, 25/30/0/0/15 no reflects, and 10/20/0/25/15 for 2/3 phantasms up and max warden reflect dps. Once patch hits the builds will most likely be different.

So those meta builds

Posted by: Sanderinoa.8065

Sanderinoa.8065

20 in dueling in meta build? I dont think so

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]
Retaliate is recruiting. again!
Fancy a Read? Extensive PvE Mesmer Guide

So those meta builds

Posted by: hendo.1940

hendo.1940

Yeah, I have no idea why he thinks 10/20 is meta.

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

So those meta builds

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

You might want to add pigbow to the section for ranger builds. It’s also getting a buff…

So those meta builds

frifox.5283

Some mesmer builds perform better/worse depending on how it’s played. It’s the nature of the mesmer class. Current “meta” builds will perform the best is most cases by most mesmers, that’s why they’re accepted as meta. Personally, I find 0/30/0/25/15 to work very well in majority of dungeons and encourage most to run that build. The other build I mentioned, the 10/20/0/25/15, in fact CAN outperform other meta builds when played correctly. I have tested it both in controlled environment and inside dungeons extensively and there were enough times where I have managed to both burst and sustain harder than any of other mantra builds to consider 10/20/0/25/15 meta worthy. Don’t blame me if you can’t utilize a certain build to it’s fullest.

So those meta builds

Posted by: IrisTheCasual.3742

IrisTheCasual.3742

Some mesmer builds perform better/worse depending on how it’s played. It’s the nature of the mesmer class. Current “meta” builds will perform the best is most cases by most mesmers, that’s why they’re accepted as meta. Personally, I find 0/30/0/25/15 to work very well in majority of dungeons and encourage most to run that build. The other build I mentioned, the 10/20/0/25/15, in fact CAN outperform other meta builds when played correctly. I have tested it both in controlled environment and inside dungeons extensively and there were enough times where I have managed to both burst and sustain harder than any of other mantra builds to consider 10/20/0/25/15 meta worthy. Don’t blame me if you can’t utilize a certain build to it’s fullest.

I could never imagine an instance where someone would say this sentence to Sandy. I mean I understand your desire to protect your opinion, but your last statement just throws everything out of the windows.

Yet, I fail to see why you think your build is good. Mind clarifying? Since I’m interested in learning the way of Mesmer as well.

(edited by IrisTheCasual.3742)

So those meta builds

frifox.5283

I apologize if it appeared as a personal attack, it wasn’t. I was referring to anyone in general that does not believe and can’t get a non-mantra build to hit harder than mantra build.

Consider the cases where you have 3 warden’s up and constantly reflecting projectiles with them. SE/CM are most obvious ones. Mantra multipliers don’t apply to phantasms dmg/reflects. Having both phantasm +15% dmg multipliers greatly increases how hard Warden reflects hit, especially where mobs constantly bombard you with them.

(edited by frifox.5283)

So those meta builds

Sanderinoa.8065

I apologize if it appeared as a personal attack, it wasn’t. I was referring to anyone in general that does not believe and can’t get a non-mantra build to hit harder than mantra build.

Consider the cases where you have 3 warden’s up and constantly reflecting projectiles with them. SE/CM are most obvious ones. Mantra multipliers don’t apply to phantasms dmg/reflects. Having both phantasm +15% dmg multipliers greatly increases how hard Warden reflects hit, especially where mobs constantly bombard you with them.

I can obviously see where you’re coming from, the problem with this however is the practical use as well as the main stat bonus. You are correct that the +15% affects wardens, while the mantras do not affect them, neither are their reflections affected by the 100 power which you gain in said traitline. At the same time, warden’s are often unreliable(we’ll talk again post patch), as they dont fancy spinning half the time, and the +15% does not affect any of your other reflects, like the curtain and feedback.

Back to the main stat bonusses: 100 power vs 100 precision and 10%+ crit damage, will even out at around the same amount of damage in general aa, so we can cross this out. On the other hand, however, the power you’re getting from your first traitline does not affect the warden’s reflection, nor does it affect the feedback/curtain, resulting in an overall damage loss.

This brings us back to the mantras, which boost the aa again+feedback+curtain(not as much as the warden’s 15%, I agree).

so the choice right now is:
stronger wardens and other phantasms(15%) + x1% stronger general attacks due to power
vs
x1% stronger wardens due to prec/critdamage+x2%stronger reflects from curtain+feedback + x2%stronger general attacks due to prec/critdamage

x1 being stat bonus(approx 5% dmg), x2 being stat bonus+mantras

the 15% extra damage from phantasms other than the warden can almost be corssed out in a general 5 man dungeon run, as you already talked about a scenario with 3 wardens up, plus, average 5 man group dungeon run kills dont generally take long enough for the phantasm to put out more than 2/3 hits, while needing a relatively siginificant spawning time.
the difference isnt massive, but I think it is safe to say that 30 in dueling is worth the traitpoints

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]

(edited by Sanderinoa.8065)

So those meta builds

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

There is hardly any place in CM that would outlast a feedback in a solid run and you don’t go around killing trash mobs when you bring a thief. Thus, boosting warden’s potential in reflected damage.. meh. Most bosses in CM can’t even be reflected (with some exception like the grenadier) and those that can be reflected will not last much longer than a feedback. Also, you just don’t bring mesmers in SE. Or any place where portal tricks don’t speed up the runs. If there are no portal tricks, don’t bring mesmers. One guardian is all you need for SE’s projectiles. Mesmers are kind of a waste of a slot when they’re not using specific tricks.

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

So those meta builds

Sanderinoa.8065

Mesmers are kind of a waste of a slot when they’re not using specific tricks.

I just heard a thousand mesmer hearts break into pieces </3

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]

So those meta builds

Posted by: IrisTheCasual.3742

IrisTheCasual.3742

But them mesploits!!! Those filthy underdog guards cannot perform any mesploit tricks!

So those meta builds

frifox.5283

This brings us back to the mantras, which boost the aa again+feedback+wardens(not as much as the warden’s 15%, I agree).

the difference isnt massive, but I think it is safe to say that 30 in dueling is worth the traitpoints

Are you referring to warden’s direct damage? If that’s the case then Mantra do not affect phantasm damage at all, direct/reflect/condition dmg is same with either 0 or 4 mantras charged. The only boost your phantasms will gain are the flat stat bonuses from going 10 more points into dueling (4-5% crit chance & 10% crit dmg).

Oh don’t worry, there is no argument that 30 in dueling is a great choice. The only argument I’m making is that there are times were dropping those 10pts in domination can result in overall higher damage, which is the main reason why I personally am considering said build meta worthy, up until the feature patch at least XD

Many things will change post patch both in meta builds (PH working for all phantasms, Wardens actually being reliable, etc) and which build you’d take for your runs (free quick re-traits between runs / encounters). It will be fun comparing all new build options when it finally lands.

So those meta builds

TurtleDragon.3108

Also, you just don’t bring mesmers in SE.

Meta builds doesn’t mean you have to bring the absolute best compositions for each specific dungeon path. If you were going for a record, or doing a serious dungeon tour, then go ahead, but for the more casual runs you can bring a mesmer to everything.

Otherwise, classes like Rangers, Engineers and Necromancers wouldn’t see much play or have a meta build.

So those meta builds

Sanderinoa.8065

This brings us back to the mantras, which boost the aa again+feedback+wardens(not as much as the warden’s 15%, I agree).

Are you referring to warden’s direct damage? If that’s the case then Mantra do not affect phantasm damage at all, direct/reflect/condition dmg is same with either 0 or 4 mantras charged. The only boost your phantasms will gain are the flat stat bonuses from going 10 more points into dueling (4-5% crit chance & 10% crit dmg).

Oh don’t worry, there is no argument that 30 in dueling is a great choice. The only argument I’m making is that there are times were dropping those 10pts in domination can result in overall higher damage, which is the main reason why I personally am considering said build meta worthy, up until the feature patch at least XD

Many things will change post patch both in meta builds (PH working for all phantasms, Wardens actually being reliable, etc) and which build you’d take for your runs (free quick re-traits between runs / encounters). It will be fun comparing all new build options when it finally lands.

whoops, thanks for pointing out that line, I meant to say feedback+curtain, edited now

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]

So those meta builds

Nikaido.3457

Meta builds doesn’t mean you have to bring the absolute best compositions for each specific dungeon path. If you were going for a record, or doing a serious dungeon tour, then go ahead, but for the more casual runs you can bring a mesmer to everything.

Otherwise, classes like Rangers, Engineers and Necromancers wouldn’t see much play or have a meta build.

Well, if we chose to define meta in such a way then the “meta” build for ele should be 30/30/10 since it’s the one that works best on casual/random group compo, having both fury and some vuln stacking. On the other hand the current 30/10/10/20 shown on the website would be horrible to use outside of specific organized runs.

So those meta builds

Posted by: Melfice.5091

Melfice.5091

The ele build has Antitoxin Spray slotted as the heal skill. I know it’s just a small error (icon looks really similar to Arcane Brilliance) so I thought I just point it out

Professional noob guardian

So those meta builds

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

anti toxin is meta btw

So those meta builds

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

So Guanglai Kangyi used to say engineer dps was pretty good. Is engineer viable in any speed clear groups for any dungeon paths?

So those meta builds

Nikaido.3457

Engineer dps has never been good. It can kind of make up for it by stacking vuln all on its own and let other classes like ele take max dps traits and forget about stuff like vuln stacking.

It’s a really fun class, and I encourage you to play it in casual dungeon runs if you like it. Just don’t expect top performance from it. It’s very versatile, so if you like pugging you might end up loving the ability to swap utilities depending on what people bring.

So those meta builds

TurtleDragon.3108

Well, if we chose to define meta in such a way then the “meta” build for ele should be 30/30/10 since it’s the one that works best on casual/random group compo, having both fury and some vuln stacking. On the other hand the current 30/10/10/20 shown on the website would be horrible to use outside of specific organized runs.

Well, I just feel that there can be multiple meta builds for a class, and that “X class is not used in the GWSCR of Y path” is not a good reason to dismiss a build. I don’t know much about eles, except that some guides have a chart with 6 different trait distributions based on what you need or what content you’re doing.

So Guanglai Kangyi used to say engineer dps was pretty good. Is engineer viable in any speed clear groups for any dungeon paths?

I feel engineers are perfectly viable, except in the following scenarios:
1. You want to beat a record on GWSCR
2. Your goal is to do every dungeon path as fast and efficiently as possible to make ~40 gold a day from doing tours ASAP.

These 2 scenario do not apply to the majority of the playerbase.

Their dps isn’t good though, but have a lot of utility/support. Most of which are done better by other classes. I personally enjoy my engineer a lot in fractals.

So those meta builds

Wethospu.6437

So that mesmer build. I need results, not discussion!

So those meta builds

frifox.5283

25/30/0/0/15 – no reflect
0/30/0/25/15 – reflects / encounters longer than 15s
10/30/0/20/10 – reflects / encounters shorter than 15s

That should cover 99% of mesmer playerbase

So those meta builds

Posted by: dutchiez.7502

dutchiez.7502

I still don’t know what build to take for solo lvl 50 mai.

Nova [rT]

So those meta builds

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

I have to ask something: I have on multiple occasions tried to access gw2dungeons.net and I consistently get a connectiond failed error message.
Is there something I’m not aware of when it comes to accessing the site? Or do I simply have perfect timing to ever and always hit downtime/maintenance/whatever when I try?

Edit: Getting the error right now for example.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

(edited by Silberfisch.3046)

So those meta builds

Wethospu.6437

Does http://www.techweb.com/ work for you?

So those meta builds

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

10/20/0/25/15 has it’s uses over 0/30/0/25/15.
Especially in situations where grabbing utilities other than mantras are worth more than the 4% boost. With 1 mantra, both builds are about equal, without mantra, 10/20 is your choice.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

So those meta builds

Posted by: hendo.1940

hendo.1940

I don’t think I have ever not had a mantra on my bar.

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

So those meta builds

Wethospu.6437

Traits?

So those meta builds

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

Traits?

25/30/0/0/15
0/30/0/25/15
10/30/0/20/10

edit:
You can swap in Duelist’s Discipline from Empowering mantras if you don’t / can’t use any Mantra.
You can swap in Duelist’s Discipline from Phantasmal fury when you can’t crit on the enemy such as Tequatl.

(edited by Dalanor.5387)

So those meta builds

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

what he means are the exact traits. I don’t play mesmer much but I know some of the builds:

25/30/0/0/15 –
III/(optional)
IV (or II)/X/XI
III

0/30/0/25/15 –
IV (or II)/X/XI
II/VIII
III

10/30/0/20/10
III
IV (or II)/X/XI
II/VIII
III

not sure about the interchangeable traits, esp. in dueling line. I’ll let the mesmer experts take care of that

So those meta builds

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

what he means are the exact traits. I don’t play mesmer much but I know some of the builds:

25/30/0/0/15 –
III/(optional)
IV (or II)/X/XI
III

0/30/0/25/15 –
IV (or II)/X/XI
II/VIII
III

10/30/0/20/10
III
IV (or II)/X/XI
II/VIII
III

not sure about the interchangeable traits, esp. in dueling line. I’ll let the mesmer experts take care of that

Thats why i made it in a linked format.

So those meta builds

guanlongwucaii.3162

lol whoops, kitten me

but yeah I think there are a few times when you might want to swap some traits, especially in the duelling line. sometimes you might not want deceptive evasion, other times (e.g. lupi) you will

So those meta builds

frifox.5283

IV (or II)/X/XI

Since Fury on youself does not apply to Phantasms, II is not optional. Deceptive Evasion on the other hand is optional. There are more than enough ways to summon illusions without relying on DE to fully utilize Compounding Power. Also, with 3 phantasms out and you dodge – poof goes one of your dps sources.

So those meta builds

Wethospu.6437

I hate discussion, please, stop it.

So those meta builds

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

Never Deceptive Evasion (X in dueling) as it is a straight DPS killer. II always instead. Other than that g’s post is correct, I think.

So those meta builds

Silberfisch.3046

Yup, that link works just fine.

So those meta builds

Posted by: SorrowsEmbrace.8120

SorrowsEmbrace.8120

Never Deceptive Evasion (X in dueling) as it is a straight DPS killer. II always instead. Other than that g’s post is correct, I think.

I think he meant in the case of lupi solos, maybe there are some other specific cases that it would be useful. But DE is definitely a good trait to have for lupi to stack up vuln for reflect damage.

~ Zoii

So those meta builds

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

DE is a strong solo trait. But in group situations you generally dont want it. Only exception I can think of is when trying to setup a big reflect on lupi.

So those meta builds

Posted by: Advent Leader.1083

Advent Leader.1083

gw2dungeons.com isn’t accessible from here. Does anyone have the raw IP address for it?

So those meta builds

Posted by: noobgood.8762

noobgood.8762

Try using a proxy, that’s how it worked for me.

So those meta builds

guanlongwucaii.3162

DE is a strong solo trait. But in group situations you generally dont want it. Only exception I can think of is when trying to setup a big reflect on lupi.

yep that is what I meant, I wouldn’t bring DE in any other situation (especially when trash skipping).

So those meta builds

Wethospu.6437

Then no idea, sorry (some routers block IPs starting with 192).

Have you tried ping or tracert gw2dungeons.net?

So those meta builds

Silberfisch.3046

Then no idea, sorry (some routers block IPs starting with 192).

Have you tried ping or tracert gw2dungeons.net?

I did a tracert for www.gw2dungeons.net. I get a request timeout (I think that’s the corresponding english message) directly after my router.
I checked the router for blocked IPs but found nothing. Weird.

Anyway thanks for trying to help. Much appreciated.