So what do I *NEED*?

So what do I *NEED*?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

So recently I returned to GW2, mostly have been doing Stories/Living World and Farming Silverwastes. But, as I used to really enjoy Fractals I have gotten back into them. (Personal reward level 45!) Anyways, I have noticed a lot has changed, far as NPC locations, UI for entering Fractals. (Which I love, GG Anet!!!) And a lot more in the form of purchases, so here is my question.

What do I need to buy, such as what should I be aiming for, and what is, “Ok” for now? Because I want to get my Tempest fully setup to do higher-end Fractals and just want to have what I need, so I can progress up in the tiers.

Thanks in advance to those who post!

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

So what do I *NEED*?

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

ar infusions you can serach on youtube for deroir’s guide on infusions as for a long term goal the infinite mist potions is where its at since the buffs they give are superb and really make t4s faceroll

So what do I *NEED*?

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

First things first you need to get your AR to 150. If you haven’t done so already the new Mastery system introduced by HoT has a Fractals Masteries one of which will unlock items in a vendor to add a third slot to your rings: base slot + infused + attuned (the new one). For the time being you can buy Tears potions to bump your AR by 10 – 15. there are also interactable Mistlocks within fractals themselves that add +10AR, but you lose the buff when you go down (acts like Tempest’s rebound the first time you would go down). However I wouldn’t rely on this as being a permanent boost seeing how easily you can lose it.

Mistlock potions are really good to have. My personal recommendation is the Mobility potion as you can get up to +25% movement speed and +50% endurance regen (perma vigor more-or-less). Once you unlock additional Fractal Masteries the Mobility potion will also add +15% Boon duration (assuming you’re right at 150 AR with 5 stacks of the Mobility potion).

Other than that? Slaying potions and nourishments give you an extra edge. But ultimately, it’s just practice until you get comfortable with the island’s encounters since some of them may have changed since you’ve been gone.

So what do I *NEED*?

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

First things first you need to get your AR to 150.

cough AR 150 is required for T4 fractals, so … it’s a goal, but it’s not “must do instantly.” It is entirely possible to gradually work up to that through the tiers, increasing your AR as you naturally get drops from playing the lower level fractals.

So what do I *NEED*?

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

Can you put more than one of those +9 Vital/Mighty infusions into slots or no? Because I think I would load up on those.

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

So what do I *NEED*?

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

First things first you need to get your AR to 150.

cough AR 150 is required for T4 fractals, so … it’s a goal, but it’s not “must do instantly.” It is entirely possible to gradually work up to that through the tiers, increasing your AR as you naturally get drops from playing the lower level fractals.

I stand corrected.

So what do I *NEED*?

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

Can you put more than one of those +9 Vital/Mighty infusions into slots or no? Because I think I would load up on those.

I think you can fill all slots with them, but I’d first aim to get 150 AR by simple infusions without stats. Once you’re there, you can gradually replace them with stat infusions. Those need quite a lot of materials compared to the simple ones.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley